GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
checked creeks ... no other nearby bodies of water

have checked much further than he would think a 2 year-old child would be able to travel in the alloted time frame

Sorry for any confusion, everyone. I reposted a link from earlier that I think turned out to be one of the earlier pressers. I've deleted that post to avoid misdirecting anyone else.

I'm so frustrated by this timing question. Some articles say he was last seen at 5:45 (presumably when stepmom went to take a bath), while others say he was discovered missing at 5:45 like your quote states. The only thing that seems consistent is that his absence was not reported until 6:30 pm.

To me, it makes a huge difference as to whether they knew for 45 minutes that he was missing before reporting VS simply noting a 45 minute window for him to leave, which was then reported as soon as they realized it. I've been scouring articles to try and get a definitive explanation, but keep finding the two different accounts.

Does anyone remember the press conference early on? I clearly recall LE saying during the presser that the call came in at 6:30 pm. I also believe he said that the parents found him missing at 5:45? Is there a transcript anywhere that anyone knows of?

I worry about this as well. For the sake of safety, I hope they had a baby gate blocking access to the kitchen or something like that.

Yet that would still not be enough for me to feel comfortable leaving my child alone while I take a bath, dinner or not. My toddler (2.5 years old) knows how to unlock all of the doors in the house. Thank goodness he doesn't yet have the strength to open them, but it's coming. And when they are open, he doesn't have a second thought about running outside and trying to head for whatever looks interesting. I shudder to think of this little one possibly getting out unnoticed ... it is one of my nightmares and why I am making my husband install extra locks out of reach.

YES, please have your husband follow up on those new locks. I remember one time, after seeing my 2 yr old asleep on the couch, going to take a quick shower. While drying off the phone rang. It was my neighbor, telling me my toddler was happily following a cat up the sidewalk. Luckily she had sent her 14 yr old to retrieve my son and he was being returned to me safely. :blush:

O/T- I was reading one of the above articles and on the side of the website it mentioned that I may be interested in other topics, one if which is that Phylis Diller is dead..... Get it together people, she died in 2012. SMH

O/T....Sorry.... But this cracked me up.... :giggle:

The sheriff is a laid back slow-talker........so be prepared to say "C'mon, c'mon, c'mon, already! ", while he is giving the details.

A couple thoughts, I know it has been a few days, and it has been cold, and it doesn't look great, but thinking about the recent comment from PD about this being a "recovery mission", I think that comment might be a little premature imo. I mean, if they have nothing yet to indicate that...miracles do happen...

I was also reminded of the little girl that fell in the well moons ago--was it Baby Jessica, iirc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14