GUILTY AR - Malik Drummond, 2, Searcy, 23 Nov 2014 - #3

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Guys, what can we possibly do to help prevent this? I honestly dont know...child abuse, goes on behind closed doors...

I have worked for Child Protective Services for 10 years now and I ask myself that same question almost daily.

yes that totally makes sense. she will be a high profile inmate.

JMHO, but due to the charges and who the Victim is in this case, locally that would be my guess that the LEO didn't want the liability and expense in case something did happen in their (White County) facility. Again jmho.. it also appears to me that she wore a wire so possibly why she has only the charges she has so far. Not saying she won't have other charges possibly added but it so far appears she has some leniency for helping to get the Dad arrested. JMHO

What's the law about a murder happening during the commission of a felony or something like that, where even if you don't kill the person directly, but you were there during the felony you get charged with murder also? Does that not apply in child abuse cases??

im not sure but maybe it doesn't apply since she wasn't committing another crime? usually that comes into play when say, a few ppl are committing a robbery and one of the group kills someone. in this case though, I do believe that nice CA law that should be passed everywhere, where a child is killed during the commission of child abuse becomes a qualifier for LWOP. but that would apply to "dad" (ugh I hate to say that)

What's the law about a murder happening during the commission of a felony or something like that, where even if you don't kill the person directly, but you were there during the felony you get charged with murder also? Does that not apply in child abuse cases??

I have worked for Child Protective Services for 10 years now and I ask myself that same question almost daily.

Thank you for what you do, it a thankless job. You deserve a pat on the back, even if it only an on-line one.

Wow wow wow not been on Websleuths in a while (took a well needed break from all the badness in the world) and I come back to find Malik has been found, father arrested that . My heart breaks for his mother and family and of course his twin who undoubtedly must have seen some terrible things in her short time with Malik at the hand of this monster.

Justice for Malik. You poor poor boy. Shine bright.

Just opened an email from the Arkansas State Police officially cancelling the Amber alert associated with Malik. Somehow that makes it official and so end-of-the-road. Poor little guy.

Just opened an email from the Arkansas State Police officially cancelling the Amber alert associated with Malik. Somehow that makes it official and so end-of-the-road. Poor little guy.

That had to be a hard email for LE as well. I think we all knew what the outcome would be, but hoped against hope he would be found alive somehow. :(

im not sure but maybe it doesn't apply since she wasn't committing another crime? usually that comes into play when say, a few ppl are committing a robbery and one of the group kills someone. in this case though, I do believe that nice CA law that should be passed everywhere, where a child is killed during the commission of child abuse becomes a qualifier for LWOP. but that would apply to "dad" (ugh I hate to say that)

In my city - maybe the whole state, a law was passed about 2 or 3 years ago saying that if you KNOW of abuse of ANY kind to a child and you don't report it, you could face jail time. A pamphlet was sent out to everyone in the city about this new law. KNOWLEDGE of abuse going unreported is a crime here now. The pamphlet emphasized sexual and physical abuse of children. I don't recall anything being said about neglect. Aside from warning us about the new law, the pamphlet urged us to report SUSPECTED abuse. Of course not reporting a suspicion isn't a law.

Wow wow wow not been on Websleuths in a while (took a well needed break from all the badness in the world) and I come back to find Malik has been found, father arrested that . My heart breaks for his mother and family and of course his twin who undoubtedly must have seen some terrible things in her short time with Malik at the hand of this monster.

Justice for Malik. You poor poor boy. Shine bright.

In the pursuit of Justice for Malik, it seems to me that Sergeant Steven Hernandez did an excellent job with public out reach and follow through.

Screenshot 2015-12-14 at 2.12.55 PM.jpg

Screenshot 2015-12-14 at 2.10.08 PM.jpg

From here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnWAgSQf8OI

Police deactivate Amber Alert for Malik Drummond
By John Moritz, Arkansas Online

December 10, 2015 at 9:57 a.m.

PDF versions links from this report:

Jeffery Clifton affidavit

Lesley Marcotte affidavit

that's pretty encompassing. here there are mandated reporters (teachers, therapists, doctors, medical staff, social workers) I think everyone should but I don't think its required.

In my city - maybe the whole state, a law was passed about 2 or 3 years ago saying that if you KNOW of abuse of ANY kind to a child and you don't report it, you could face jail time. A pamphlet was sent out to everyone in the city about this new law. KNOWLEDGE of abuse going unreported is a crime here now. The pamphlet emphasized sexual and physical abuse of children. I don't recall anything being said about neglect. Aside from warning us about the new law, the pamphlet urged us to report SUSPECTED abuse. Of course not reporting a suspicion isn't a law.

[video=youtube;C89C7dGMQJA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C89C7dGMQJA[/video]

Ken Buffa, FOX16
from Dec 8th

(re-posting previous link as video)

More on Malik's Memorial Service and the Petition for Malik's Law here

https://www.facebook.com/prayersformalikdrummond/

Just now having a chance to watch this video of Malik's mom :tears: :cry:
Bringing these images of Little Malik here, because seeing his beautiful smile is both heartwarming and heartbreaking [emoji174]
7f08ef871368ed01d835fa4ccddb08ff.jpg

0a80c293daa673fdc2b8ad6eefb88b52.jpg

402de0e6803dc86b5b46c551a1f912b8.jpg

7a8c1c10184a985ee380994c4e8de360.jpg

e4e3190d027d75e1dcd3537b848b537e.jpg

My life has been forever changed by this precious child. May his legacy live on, through Malik's Law and beyond. His Mom is correct in that no child should ever have to endure what he did in his incredibly short life. The same can be said for his sister :no:

The pursuit of #JusticeForMalik continues....
#WeWillNeverForget

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful boy :(

Just now having a chance to watch this video of Malik's mom :tears: :cry:
Bringing these images of Little Malik here, because seeing his beautiful smile is both heartwarming and heartbreaking [emoji174]
7f08ef871368ed01d835fa4ccddb08ff.jpg

0a80c293daa673fdc2b8ad6eefb88b52.jpg

402de0e6803dc86b5b46c551a1f912b8.jpg

7a8c1c10184a985ee380994c4e8de360.jpg

e4e3190d027d75e1dcd3537b848b537e.jpg

My life has been forever changed by this precious child. May his legacy live on, through Malik's Law and beyond. His Mom is correct in that no child should ever have to endure what he did in his incredibly short life. The same can be said for his sister :no:

The pursuit of #JusticeForMalik continues....
#WeWillNeverForget

:rose:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member