AR AR - Melissa 'Missy' Witt, 19, murdered, Fort Smith, 1 Dec 1994

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I grew up less than 20 miles from where her body was found. I was just a kid when the mourder occurred but I remember going out to the site even back then because it was well known to a lot of us in the area. I haven't been there in over 20 years but I was coming in for a visit with family today from Tennessee and wanted to see if I could find the rock again. It was fairly easy spot today as they have done some extensive logging in that area it looks like fairly recently. Here are some of the pics I took. What really stands out to me is the back of the rock where investigators state she was initially placed. It's very flat on the back and very large. It looks very much like a tombstone. This area is very remote and if her body was behind this rock until it was moved, even though it's only a few feet off the road I'm not surprised it wasn't seen.

There is thick brush and debris now from logging but I remember going to the site in the weeks after she was found here and it was much different back then.

Google drive folder
Wow. What was local theory at that time?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
faithfülly
Back