GUILTY AR - Reilly Scarbrough, 10, & Acelynn Wester, 2, Polk County, 26 April 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:bump:

Anything new NewMama ??

I can't find anything past that June 10th article I posted....

:dunno:

I can't find anything media-wise. And his online case file doesn't show updates. I'm wondering if that's due to the gag rule because his most recent misdemeanor file has timely docket entries. It's a good question as to how we would know when the hearings happen...?

Thanks for the update NewMama!

I noticed in the article you posted has a pretrial hearing on March 26, 2018.

:judge:

Monday, March 26th:
*Prelim Hearing - AR - Reilly James Scarbrough (9) & Acellyn Wester (2) murdered plus mom & uncle (Apr. 26, 2017) - Suspect Brian Bliss Travis in custody; charged with 4 counts of murder of Bethany Jo Wester, 43, her 2 children, Reilly, 9, and Acelynn 2 & Wester's uncle Steven Payne, 66. Trial to start April 16 to 27th.

Guessing nothing exciting happened in court yesterday?

Guess we wait til April for his trial....

Monday, April 16th:
*Trial set to begin - AR - Reilly James Scarbrough (9) & Acellyn Wester (2) murdered plus their mom Bethany Jo Wester (43) & mom's uncle Steven Payne (66) (Apr. 26, 2017) - Brian Bliss Travis (37) in custody & charged with 4 counts of capital felony murder. Trial will last 2 weeks (4/16-27).

:judge:

Tuesday, April 17th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) - AR - Reilly James Scarbrough (9) & Acellyn Wester (2) murdered plus their mom Bethany Jo Wester (43) & mom's uncle Steven Payne (66) (Apr. 26, 2017) - Brian Bliss Travis (37) in custody & charged with 4 counts of capital felony murder. Trial will last 2 weeks (4/16-27).

Haven't seen any updates for what happened yesterday....

Still wondering if this trial is going on??

Wednesday, April 18th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) - AR - Reilly James Scarbrough (9) & Acellyn Wester (2) murdered plus their mom Bethany Jo Wester (43) & mom's uncle Steven Payne (66) (Apr. 26, 2017) - Brian Bliss Travis (37) in custody & charged with 4 counts of capital felony murder. Trial will last 2 weeks (4/16-27).

Personally haven't had any updates for this.

Anyone?? TIA!

Still wondering if this trial is going on??

Wednesday, April 18th:
*Trial continues (Day 3) - AR - Reilly James Scarbrough (9) & Acellyn Wester (2) murdered plus their mom Bethany Jo Wester (43) & mom's uncle Steven Payne (66) (Apr. 26, 2017) - Brian Bliss Travis (37) in custody & charged with 4 counts of capital felony murder. Trial will last 2 weeks (4/16-27).

Personally haven't had any updates for this.

Anyone?? TIA!
Delayed until March 2019 [emoji44][emoji44]

http://m.arkansasonline.com/news/2018/apr/16/trial-arkansas-man-accused-quadruple-murder-delaye/

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks a bunch Lorena! I knew there was something wrong when no one was reporting on the "ongoing trial".

so - from the article you just posted:

The trial of a west Arkansas man accused of killing a woman along with her two children and uncle last year has been delayed until March 2019.
The Polk County prosecuting attorney said Monday that the defense needed more time to prepare for trial....
His trial is scheduled for the weeks of March 18 and 25, 2019, according to the Polk County clerk.

Since I haven't been able to access the court site for over a year now - not sure IF this is happening, but I shall put it here anyway.

Monday, March 18th:
*Trial set to begin - AR - Reilly James Scarbrough (9) & Acellyn Wester (2) (Apr. 26, 2017, Polk County) murdered plus mom Bethany Jo Wester (43) & her uncle Steven Payne (66) - *Brian Bliss Travis (37) charged with 4 counts of murder. Confessed to murders. *Polk County Case# 37CR-17-60 & -61 Judge Jerry Ryan
Trial is scheduled for the weeks of March 18 and 25, 2019.

Tuesday, March 19th:
*Trial continues (Day 2) - AR - Reilly James Scarbrough (9) & Acellyn Wester (2) (Apr. 26, 2017, Polk County) murdered plus mom Bethany Jo Wester (43) & her uncle Steven Payne (66) - *Brian Bliss Travis (37) charged with 4 counts of murder. Confessed to murders.
Trial is scheduled for the weeks of March 18 and 25, 2019.
3/18/19 Day 1: No info....

I found this article from January 2019
Killer of girlfriend, her 2 kids, uncle pleads guilty, gets life
A Polk County man has been sentenced to life in prison after he pleaded guilty to four counts of capital murder in the April 2017 slaying of his girlfriend and three members of her family.

Brian Bliss Travis, 39, had been scheduled to go on trial in March before a Polk County Circuit Court jury. The state made the plea deal with Travis on Jan. 7 so the victims' family could put the tragedy behind them, Prosecuting Attorney Andy Riner said Thursday.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgieCat
Back