GUILTY AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, found deceased, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST* #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I bet she walked up to him in the truck - totally unsuspecting. I also am beginning to think this isn't the first time he's done this. You don't go from stand up guy to rapist in a matter of seconds. JMO

Yup. Sorry. I’m very behind but he just sees her and suddenly has the bizarre urge to abduct and kill her? Which he never has had before?

No way. Dude’s a sick creep. He was either stalking her or he has done this before.

Sydney Claire Sutherland Obituary - Visitation & Funeral Information

SBM

Sydney loved to exercise, listen to books, and play with her dogs. Shopping was also one of her favorite past times. She especially enjoyed her family and cherished her time with them. Sydney loved being Sassy to her nieces.

The memory of Sydney’s beautiful smile, sparkling eyes, kind heart, and loving spirit will live on in the hearts of her loving family and her many friends.

Horrible. No reason for this happy, healthy young woman to be gone. No reason.

Yup. Sorry. I’m very behind but he just sees her and suddenly has the bizarre urge to abduct and kill her? Which he never has had before?

No way. Dude’s a sick creep. He was either stalking her or he has done this before.
ITA - there are several missing young women and I hope they are looking through his background and history very thoroughly.
JMO

Horrible. No reason for this happy, healthy young woman to be gone. No reason.
I spent several hours on mapquest, google earth investigating this loop of county roads where SS ran -- nothing but fields and pastures. It had to be the safest place in America for SS to run until it wasn't. This man ruined so many lives including his own. Devastating. Hope he never has another day of peace.

I didn't find this. I saw a screenshot shared on facebook.....I knew I had to find the linkable source and did. Oh my gosh....Quake and his wife met at the gym.....the gym....who has he been stalking in the past. Who has been in his path????
HUGE.

Eye On Magazine October 2019View attachment 261214

ETA--

Also says in the article they bought property in Campbell Station and are working on building their dream home.....
We need to find out where that it is and who is missing around there.

And she’s got little girls. Ugh.

I spent several hours on mapquest, google earth investigating this loop of county roads where SS ran -- nothing but fields and pastures. It had to be the safest place in America for SS to run until it wasn't. This man ruined so many lives including his own. Devastating. Hope he never has another day of peace.

Isn't that the truth? There he is, farmer of the year, newish bride, enough money, and suddenly decides to murder a completely innocent girl and end her life and damage those who love her, totally end his own, and for what? Lust? Sexual fantasy fueled by *advertiser censored*? (Should it be limited???) (PS I get the power part of rape, I am referring to the sexual fantasy aspect of also raping girls who look beautiful like their fantasies, )A domestic violence counselor once told me violent men like this do not "lose control". As she said," does he lose control in front of witnesses? No. Cops? No. Then he isn't losing control, is he? No. " So this Neanderthal just does what he wants to do and thinks he is going to get away with it. I am so glad he didn't. But that won't bring Sydney back. God bless her and her loved ones. I wish I could think of a way to prevent these tragedies.

What’s your sense? Did he just happen upon her on that desolate road? Was it near his land? Crime of opportunity or was he following her? Or hunting?

Isn't that the truth? There he is, farmer of the year, newish bride, enough money, and suddenly decides to murder a completely innocent girl and end her life and damage those who love her, totally end his own, and for what? Lust? Sexual fantasy fueled by *advertiser censored*? (Should it be limited???) (PS I get the power part of rape, I am referring to the sexual fantasy aspect of also raping girls who look beautiful like their fantasies, )A domestic violence counselor once told me violent men like this do not "lose control". As she said," does he lose control in front of witnesses? No. Cops? No. Then he isn't losing control, is he? No. " So this Neanderthal just does what he wants to do and thinks he is going to get away with it. I am so glad he didn't. But that won't bring Sydney back. God bless her and her loved ones. I wish I could think of a way to prevent these tragedies.

The fact that he confessed so quickly is the one thing that makes me think he’s inexperienced.

Not that the girls won't miss her equally if she was her mother, but I do not believe the girls that you have seen photos are her children. Per her Obituary, she does not have children, but she does have two nieces and I believe those are the girls that she is in photos with. Still, I am sure they miss her just as much nonetheless.
My apologies gitana1, you were referencing QL's wife's girls. sorry about that.

This is so awful. RIP Sydney. This is particularly sickening because this beautiful young woman was simply taking care of herself, her body, and her health, only to be ambushed and have it all taken away from her. What in the hell is wrong with this world we live in now in 2020? Remember 2019 when a woman could venture outside alone for her health without fear? If this can happen in rural Arkansas in broad daylight, no woman can feel safe stepping outside alone without a weapon or deterrent at the very least (and don’t forget the face mask). This is heartbreaking in so many ways. My heart goes out to her loved ones. This is the very definition of senseless and I cannot begin to imagine your feelings of loss ❤️. This world is down another beautiful human being!

I don’t ever remember a time when a woman or girl could venture outside alone and not be vulnerable. Or need to be cautious.

I don’t walk with fear but only because I’ve been trained since childhood to be aware and alert and on guard. Which is sad.

Not that the girls won't miss her equally if she was her mother, but I do not believe the girls that you have seen photos are her children. Per her Obituary, she does not have children, but she does have two nieces and I believe those are the girls that she is in photos with. Still, I am sure they miss her just as much nonetheless.

Yes! I meant his wife. I saw his FB before it was put on private.

It's just as likely as not that this is the first time he's done something like this. There's always a first victim. Kevin Ray Underwood, who murdered, assaulted and intended to cannibalize Jamie Rose Bolin (a child) was a seemingly fairly normal guy with social anxiety and depression...until one day, he crossed the line and was no longer a "normal" guy. He got obsessed with cannibalism, decided he should eat someone, lured a kid into his apartment, and murdered her.

I was friends (not close friends, but certainly friendly) with him in a game chat. Talked to him for a couple of years. He was an absolutely average chatter who answered questions and sent out helpful items to newbies. His police interview is as honest, raw, and horrifying a portrait of someone losing their mind as anything ever has been. It's not light reading, to say the least...I don't suggest doing so unless you KNOW you can handle it. I can handle most anything, but I deeply regret reading it. However, between that and the articles about him, it's a clear portrait of how someone seemed to be doing okay until one day...they just weren't anymore.

Some people have obvious issues their entire lives, but some people's are waaaaay down deep and don't emerge for a long time.

That is scary.

For what it’s worth, my sister was ticketed for tinted windows several years ago. She had a brand new Cadillac and the cop made assumptions; she’s an upstanding citizen, a nurse who knows many police in our city. She got the tinted windows because she had been travel nursing in Florida and thought it would keep her car cooler. But she was in the suburbs of a fairly large city when she was cited...and some of those communities rely on tickets like this for funding. It happens to good people. But I wouldn’t be surprised if Quake was a controlling jerk to the officer which pushed the cop to go from a warning to a ticket. The tint could very well be an indication of premeditation for kidnapping and a clue that he has done this in the past or desired to do it again.

No problem! You were just clarifying something about this sweet woman. It’s important that we know who the victims are.
Yes, I thought about deleting the comment and doing a DBM, but I figured it was good to know that she was a loving aunt as well, even if I read and replied incorrectly to your post.
Newbie to WS, so lesson learned to not jump to assumptions without reading the full thread/comment.

Exactly, losing control is a myth, a lie.
There was a study of men that had gone into group counseling after being convicted of domestic violence. Many of them cited loss of control, but further questioning proved that the abuser never lost control to the point of harming themselves or their prized possessions.

In response to social media rumors, the Jackson County Prosecutor (lifetime resident of the area) confirmed, to his knowledge, the suspect (nor his family) are NOT being questioned for other crimes.

Prosecutor expressed his shock and sorrow at the murder and arrest. As in most small towns, the prosecutor echoed the county Sheriff in that he's known both families for many years.

See Reporter Mitchell McCoy video above.

I hope the authorities can set aside their shock and familiarity with both families in order to explore the possibility that this wasn’t a one-off.

Exactly, losing control is a myth, a lie.
There was a study of men that had gone into group counseling after being convicted of domestic violence. Many of them cited loss of control, but further questioning proved that the abuser never lost control to the point of harming themselves or their prized possessions.

Bam! There it is.

What’s your sense? Did he just happen upon her on that desolate road? Was it near his land? Crime of opportunity or was he following her? Or hunting?

He is a farmer and his land is adjacent to hers. Though they have 3 years difference they are from same small area. I think maybe even same school. They knew each other. This is very small town/county.

Most likely he has seen her out there running enough to know a general pattern or to at least expect to see her a few times a week walking/running.

My theory is this was long standing infatuation coupled with what are deeply disturbing personal issues on his part. I speculate it was partly premeditated in that he was waiting for right time where she was out and he felt logistics were right to satisfy his impulse. Probably has rape fantasies and all that and figured he had the land and equipment to get away with it.

There are a couple missing blondes from the area last couple of years. There is no doubt in my mind those detectives will bring them up in the investigation.

This strikes me as being an escalation of impulsiveness rather than a first time. As a community they were all so close. Why start with your neighbor? He had to have known it would only be HOURS before it blew up into a search and that they would start right there where she lived and he farmed.

That's why I think it's not first time and is an escalation of excitement and impulsivness. A stranger no longer did it for him so he had to up the dosage. All speculation on my part of course we will see.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back