Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Poll any group of 10 year old girls and they can more than likely repeat to you all the safety tips that women are taught. Stick together, check under and in back seat of car, make eye contact, be observant, use keys as weapons, pepper spray, no hoodies or pony tails, watch what u post on sm, watch your drink, stay in well light highly populated areas etc etc etc. It is not that women don't know these things, i think men would be shocked if they knew how many times in every single day these actions are on a woman's mind, the problem isn't that women aren't aware of how to keep themselves safe, the problem is rapists and murderers and the attitudes regarding those crimes/criminals. Our prisoners are more of a deterrent to sexual abuse than our law enforcement; that is pathetic and we have to do better.

I just want to say that it bothers me that they knew each other. I often thought then ambush and rape was more of a stranger rape type of scenario. I can’t imagine her being ambushed and raped and all the while knowing her perpetrator.
What kind of evil gets into a man to do these
type of acts?
I don’t think it would have made a difference if she were wearing a burka.

I agree with you, it is disturbing that they knew each other. Like you, I used to envision an ambush style attack as something done by a stranger. However, a few months ago I read an article which I'll link below about the huge backlog of untested rape kits. When some cities like Detroit and Cleveland received grants to begin testing theirs, they discovered some interesting things about rape. And one of the myths that was disproven was the idea that the type of person who rapes a stranger is different than the type of person who commits acquaintance rape. In reality, they found that men who grabbed someone in an alley, for example, were also connected through DNA to rapes of women who they knew.

Another interesting fact is that the backlog testing revealed there were far more serial rape offenders than were previously suspected. Though we know that a person who steals a car is statistically likely to have stolen other cars, for some reason rape was the only violent crime that wasn't handled by investigators as if the accused perpetrator may have a history of previous rapes.

Highly recommend anyone who is interested in ending violence against women to read this eye-opening article, it's called An Epidemic of Disbelief:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw2O4SNS15o8Mf24_15EcZoV&ampcf=1

I’ve been thinking about a few things this case has brought up. I wonder if there is a sub forum where these ideas, questions, statistics can be discussed? Anyone know? If not, maybe it’s time we start a thread about it.

First and foremost, my sympathies are with Sydney’s loved ones and family. I can’t imagine the pain and I pray for their healing and comfort.

But also this case has brought up these thoughts for me.

1. I’ve thought about Quake’s wife and how horrible this must be for her. I’ve wondered how many women might “unknowingly” be married to rapists. If 1 in 4 women are raped that would seem like a few women could be married to one. Here are 3 startling new stats on rape | Reveal

2. I’ve wondered what led to this? What happened in QL’s life to cause him to do this? How can this be changed, caught, etc?
What Experts Know About Men Who Rape

A huge great source. https://smart.ojp.gov/somapi/chapter-3-sex-offender-typologies

3. Not related to QL or this case, apparently, but I’ve wondered how many rapes are reported/vs unreported. How many of us know someone who has experienced this?

4. How are we to respond when a “creep” gives unwanted attention? I’m scared and tired of my attractive daughter telling me that a creepy old man turned around and stared at the grocery store, or made a disgusting remark, or followed her. It happens every single time she goes to the store almost. She’s now started confronting them when they do this. What’s correct? How much inappropriate/appropriate fear does this create for these women? Forget about ever feeling comfortable walking alone, exercising alone, they can’t even go to the grocery store alone, or as Sydney, walk 1/4 mile from her house.

How do we change the narrative? I’m sad about it all. What forum can we discuss these things?

Out of respect for the family I won't go into detail, but being outdoors, even if partially buried in hot weather a body can deteriorate quickly. The DNA ID may not be related to any injury she suffered. We need to wait for more info from LE, should they choose to release it. Prayers for her family.
Yes, and it has been extremely hot and humid here. I live in Craighead county just one county away from Jackson county.

I agree with you, it is disturbing that they knew each other. Like you, I used to envision an ambush style attack as something done by a stranger. However, a few months ago I read an article which I'll link below about the huge backlog of untested rape kits. When some cities like Detroit and Cleveland received grants to begin testing theirs, they discovered some interesting things about rape. And one of the myths that was disproven was the idea that the type of person who rapes a stranger is different than the type of person who commits acquaintance rape. In reality, they found that men who grabbed someone in an alley, for example, were also connected through DNA to rapes of women who they knew.

Another interesting fact is that the backlog testing revealed there were far more serial rape offenders than were previously suspected. Though we know that a person who steals a car is statistically likely to have stolen other cars, for some reason rape was the only violent crime that wasn't handled by investigators as if the accused perpetrator may have a history of previous rapes.

Highly recommend anyone who is interested in ending violence against women to read this eye-opening article, it's called An Epidemic of Disbelief:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...AxAB&usg=AOvVaw2O4SNS15o8Mf24_15EcZoV&ampcf=1

Thanks so much for sharing this. It was a fascinating read. Makes you wonder how much rape numbers would decrease if every case was thoroughly investigated. It seems that rapist that gets away with his crime ( by selecting victims that don’t make “perfect” witnesses ) go on to be a serial rapist.
The attitude of some of the investigators interviewed may my blood boil!

Me too! I think it’s very odd that QL chose a victim so close to his circle or friends. I realize it’s a small town but I ( probably wrongly) assumed that if this was sexually motivated he would have picked a stranger. Not someone so close to his circle of friends.
And nope the hit and panic does NOT sit right at all.
If this were the case he could have just kept driving.
You don’t understand how extremely small Jackson county is. Seriously
So, were Sydney Sutherland and Brooke Allensworth aquainted?

Same geographic area, both RN's, about same ages, appear to have mutual aquaintances through QL's wife.
If Brook was from Searcy it’s more likely they didn’t know each other. Different counties and about a 45 mile distance. Although it is possible they could know each other, but I doubt it.

Yes I had heard that he was a poi about her case before the awful death of SS. I have been researching a few other woman cases in the Craighead county area, I don't have anything that is shareable yet . It may be a long shot or reaching as some say, I say it is worth a look into. Doesn't hurt to ask and take a fresh look at a cold case. I am Praying for both families. I do understand that both families lives are shattered and will never be the same. I also understand that there is families that don't know where their loved ones are right now. Always be willing to take take a look at cold cases, you never know when the missing puzzle piece is right infront of you If you don't ask, dig,shuffle papers with fresh eyes

I created an account just so I could comment on this comment. I live in Craighead county. We don’t have very many missing person or homiacides like this here. I don’t think that we have any cold cases regarding murder. So I doubt you’ll find much info in Craighead that would match up with this person.

Keep in mind, Sydney was only 25 and the monster is 28. This is a generation that grew up with social media. Just because you are Facebook “friends” does not equate to any real world closeness. Many young people are quick to accept anyone as a friend regardless of how well they may or may not know each other in day to day life.

I do find it interesting that Sydney seems to have many mutual connections to Quake. LE says they knew each other but as kind as her reputation indicates, she did not have Quake as a friend on Facebook. Did he never request the connection? Was there a block at some point for one reason or another? Sydney’s boyfriend was still “friends” with him which makes me think he was either keeping tabs or had no indication that Quake was trouble.

Personally, I have dealt with an online stalker for over a decade (a person I do not know who became obsessed with me via social media). This mentally man made me so fearful that I locked myself at my parents’ house for a week, afraid to even go to work. My advice is to never let them know they have any control over you. I block him every time he tries to contact me (he always creates a new account) but never send him any response to direct messages. People who are that disturbed almost want you to press charges. They see it as some sort of game to be connected. It’s best to ignore them and stay protected at all times. Never announce plans. I won’t even mention if I’m going to a concert for fear that this guy will show up to the venue. These creeps are everywhere.

I just want to say that it bothers me that they knew each other. I often thought then ambush and rape was more of a stranger rape type of scenario. I can’t imagine her being ambushed and raped and all the while knowing her perpetrator.
What kind of evil gets into a man to do these
type of acts?
I don’t think it would have made a difference if she were wearing a burka.
I don’t think he knew her well enough in order to commit this crime any other way. When killers can’t use wit or charm, they ambush.

Last edited:
How do you know he was friends with the BF?
IMO when they use the words friends, I believe they are meaning FB "friends". IMO they probably didn't know each other IRL just knew of each other because of how small the county is and that is why they were FB friends. Plus the Lewellyn family, farms over 5000k acres of land in that area so again, IMO the BF probably knew of him but I would be hard pressed to actually call them IRL friends. Again, all MOO but that's how I take it when articles referenced "knew each other" or "friends"

His wife and she were Facebook friends.
That doesn’t mean they were “friends” in RL. I live in Craighead county. I promise you Jackson county is small. Newport only has 8000 people, and it’s the largest town in Jackson co. I’m sure they were acquainted, but everyone in Jackson co is acquainted with each other. It doesn’t mean they were actual friends.

IMO when they use the words friends, I believe they are meaning FB "friends". IMO they probably didn't know each other IRL just knew of each other because of how small the county is and that is why they were FB friends. Plus the Lewellyn family, farms over 5000k acres of land in that area so again, IMO the BF probably knew of him but I would be hard pressed to actually call them IRL friends. Again, all MOO but that's how I take it when articles referenced "knew each other" or "friends"
Everyone in Jackson co knows everybody.

Very basic rule of Websleuths ... do NOT sleuth the social media of individuals anyone other than the victim and the officially named POI/suspect. That means no sleuthing and posting on this public thread about family, significant others, friends, acquaintances and FB contacts.

If members wish to discuss privately with other members off thread, they may do so using the private conversation feature where they can add up to 20 other members to the convo. Just don't post the findings here.

And if the farmland was so expansive, just because she was found there, it would not automatically make him guilty. I’m thinking the detectives did an excellent job convincing Quake that they had evidence that he was guilty and that by confessing, it would spare him a harsher punishment. With Sydney’s Apple Watch and advancing technology, they very may well have had something to go on. I’ll be interested to hear how the confession and discovery of the body specifically came about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ME-