Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How do you see an innocent person just walking and turn your vehicle around to just take what you want regardless of the other's personhood, their rights. Their dignity. You have to be an evil thing in your core and you pretend and manipulate people that are around you

Look how many of these Creeps have been recently arrested.
Thank goodness Justice is being served, and they live their lives in Prison, hoping they suffer daily.

And if the farmland was so expansive, just because she was found there, it would not automatically make him guilty. I’m thinking the detectives did an excellent job convincing Quake that they had evidence that he was guilty and that by confessing, it would spare him a harsher punishment. With Sydney’s Apple Watch and advancing technology, they very may well have had something to go on. I’ll be interested to hear how the confession and discovery of the body specifically came about.

Aah off course the apple watch! So he got caught probably by gps? If so that explains alot. Jmo

And if the farmland was so expansive, just because she was found there, it would not automatically make him guilty. I’m thinking the detectives did an excellent job convincing Quake that they had evidence that he was guilty and that by confessing, it would spare him a harsher punishment. With Sydney’s Apple Watch and advancing technology, they very may well have had something to go on. I’ll be interested to hear how the confession and discovery of the body specifically came about.

I wonder if the UPS guy who saw her jogging also saw Quake and perhaps even had a camera in his truck.
I'm thinking about the bus cameras that picked up Fotis Dulos along his deadly route.

I’ve been thinking about a few things this case has brought up. I wonder if there is a sub forum where these ideas, questions, statistics can be discussed? Anyone know? If not, maybe it’s time we start a thread about it.

First and foremost, my sympathies are with Sydney’s loved ones and family. I can’t imagine the pain and I pray for their healing and comfort.

But also this case has brought up these thoughts for me.

1. I’ve thought about Quake’s wife and how horrible this must be for her. I’ve wondered how many women might “unknowingly” be married to rapists. If 1 in 4 women are raped that would seem like a few women could be married to one. Here are 3 startling new stats on rape | Reveal

2. I’ve wondered what led to this? What happened in QL’s life to cause him to do this? How can this be changed, caught, etc?
What Experts Know About Men Who Rape

A huge great source. Chapter 3: Sex Offender Typologies
https://smart.ojp.gov/somapi/chapter-3-sex-offender-typologies
3. Not related to QL or this case, apparently, but I’ve wondered how many rapes are reported/vs unreported. How many of us know someone who has experienced this?

4. How are we to respond when a “creep” gives unwanted attention? I’m scared and tired of my attractive daughter telling me that a creepy old man turned around and stared at the grocery store, or made a disgusting remark, or followed her. It happens every single time she goes to the store almost. She’s now started confronting them when they do this. What’s correct? How much inappropriate/appropriate fear does this create for these women? Forget about ever feeling comfortable walking alone, exercising alone, they can’t even go to the grocery store alone, or as Sydney, walk 1/4 mile from her house.

How do we change the narrative? I’m sad about it all. What forum can we discuss these things?

Would the Jury Room forum be a place to start a thread? Or isn’t there a parking lot forum? I’m not familiar with the latter.

He buried Sydney on his farmland. Im wondering what made him confess because if this wasn't his first time, why confess now? Jmo

Let's close our eyes to anything seen/read on social media for a moment and look at only the facts of this case as they've been confirmed:

We know that SS disappeared on 8/19 around 3 pm.

We also know that LE recovered SM's body Friday, 8/21 around 2 pm.

The location and ownership of the property where SS's body was recovered have not been confirmed.

On Friday, we also learned from the Sheriff that a suspect was in custody who was familiar to the victim.

There's no evidence that QL blindly "confessed" to murdering SS.

What I see here is a man that was taken into custody on Friday for questioning, possibly before if not after SS body was located.

What's most important here is that Sheriff Lucas, the authority over this investigation, did not officially announce the arrest of QL until Sunday, 8/23, around 3 pm.

Sheriff Lucas didn't delay this announcement to toy with the family or the public, he made this announcement when he had the legal authority to do so.

IMO, I think QL admitted to his evil deed when he was faced with the evidence against him. QL was in police custody, they probably showed him photos of SS corpse, told him they had his DNA, the stack was getting higher and higher.

I think it's safe to state authorities did not have a signed statement from QL, admitting to what was presented in court, until Sunday when Sherriff Lucas announced the arrest of QL for the murder of SS.

Just as Sheriff Lucas reacted on Friday when he reportedly contacted Region 8 News to confirm that he did not and had not confirmed the body recovered to be SS, he told us this case is personal. Sheriff Lucas told Region 8 News that it was too early [for the body] to be confirmed - doesn't want to make any mistakes in this investigation.

Absolutely nobody wants QL to catch a break on a technicality.

MOO

Jurnee Taylor@_JurneeTaylor
#UPDATE: Sheriff Lucas has shared with media that Quake Lewellyn, 28, was arrested & booked into the Jackson County Jail in connection to the death of Sydney Sutherland. Lewellyn is scheduled to have a first appearance in the Jackson County Circuit Court on Monday, Aug. 24, at 2P
3:06 PM · Aug 23, 2020

Logan Whaley RetweetedRegion 8 News@Region8News
Despite reporting from Little Rock, Sheriff Lucas called Region 8 to confirm that he did not and has not confirmed the body they found is Sutherlands. He said it's too early to be confirmed - doesn't want to make any mistakes in this investigation.
4:09 PM · Aug 21, 2020

Last edited:
I may be of minority here but I think they may have located her on his land. I think others knew of his stalking past called him in. I think they interviewed him. I think he had marks on his face that could not be easily explained away. I’ve seen this before here on websleuths. He got caught. He tried to explain away and LE knew better.

I wonder if the UPS guy who saw her jogging also saw Quake and perhaps even had a camera in his truck.
I'm thinking about the bus cameras that picked up Fotis Dulos along his deadly route.

SS makes several references to her late grandfather, her guardian angels, on her social media.

Given the quiet, almost nonexistent traffic on the County Roads where she jogged, UPS capturing any sign of QL would indeed be a gift -- if for nothing else but his early arrest. QL already had two days too many of freedom.

Admitting to rape, I'm confident QL's DNA will send this man to confinement if not death.

MOO

ETA: If you've not already read SS's obit, please take a moment to read how she lived! She will be missed. Forever condolences to her community. :(

I could swear I read a news report during the initial search for her, a deputy had noticed fresh dirt on his property that didn't look right. That's when they questioned him, and he first admitted to hitting her accidentally and then burying the body in a panic. Later he confessed to the kidnapping, rape and murder.

Despite his confession(s), I predict he'll be a coward and plead not guilty and come up with some kind of excuse.

Poll any group of 10 year old girls and they can more than likely repeat to you all the safety tips that women are taught. Stick together, check under and in back seat of car, make eye contact, be observant, use keys as weapons, pepper spray, no hoodies or pony tails, watch what u post on sm, watch your drink, stay in well light highly populated areas etc etc etc. It is not that women don't know these things, i think men would be shocked if they knew how many times in every single day these actions are on a woman's mind, the problem isn't that women aren't aware of how to keep themselves safe, the problem is rapists and murderers and the attitudes regarding those crimes/criminals. Our prisoners are more of a deterrent to sexual abuse than our law enforcement; that is pathetic and we have to do better.

Yes. So true. :( These crimes are personal to me. My own experience is part of the reason I follow the experiences of others; I think a crime never totally leaves us--it leaves us changed. I know the unthinkable can happen.

Self-blame mixes with shame after sexual assault and the victim can get trapped in it, can start to believe she "deserved" it or could have "prevented" it when oftentimes you're just the one someone decides to rape that night. You just end up in their target, whether at a church, at a party, at a bar, in a park, on a street, in a hallway, anywhere on the planet where a man decides he wants to rape someone.

The first time anyone ever questioned what I was wearing was 5 years ago, and I had to go back to counseling because it shook me. It shook my family. It infuriated my husband and ended a close friendship. It made me feel helpless and violated all over again--after working for years to understand 1) it was not my fault 2) there was nothing I should have done differently 3) I should not live in fear--it is the rapist who should live in fear.

No one has the right to rob a house they find beautiful. No one has the right to rape a woman they decide they want. I live in wisdom and do all the "protection things" but I will never live in fear--that's what he wanted. I will never give him that. I am wearing short shorts today. I am here for all the women wearing whatever they want when they go out or go jogging. I am here for the punishment of the rapist, and justice for the victims of rape and sexual violence.

[I will probably freak out and erase this....]

Last edited:
Gaaaaaaaaaah :mad: I knew I probably shouldn't get into this thread because there is nothing that gets my blood boiling than a case like this where an innocent young woman ends up raped and killed by some low life creeper.

It reminds me so much of the Mollie Tibbets case.

I hope the punishment is swift and severe for QL.

I haven’t read anything on social media @Seattle1. Anything I’ve mentioned has either been shared here or reported in the mainstream media. Any of the rumors I have mentioned via YouTube True Crime channels have been stated as that, rumors.

This case is just another one that makes me so angry !!
Like Mollie Tibbetts, can't a woman go walking/running without the risk of someone raping and murdering her ??
WTH is wrong with this world ??
OK..done with my rant-- it just ticks me off that someone cant even go outside to exercise, walk, etc without something happening.

I could swear I read a news report during the initial search for her, a deputy had noticed fresh dirt on his property that didn't look right. That's when they questioned him, and he first admitted to hitting her accidentally and then burying the body in a panic. Later he confessed to the kidnapping, rape and murder.

Despite his confession(s), I predict he'll be a coward and plead not guilty and come up with some kind of excuse.

I'm pretty sure you did not read this rumor in MSM or the same would have long ago been posted here or the media thread. QL also would have been in custody long before Friday! :)

Quiet, rural roads and miles of tall grass and open fields make hit and run a logical assumption. It follows that investigators and searchers had to consider that SS could have been thrown in the air, and landed hard somewhere in a field or an embankment.

I think this is exactly where a possible hit and run scenario was conflated with the suspect, fueling a rumor. It was speculation. It did not happen.

Fortunately for this investigation, SS phone was located within only a day of her missing. When authorities determined there was no damage to SS's phone and no evidence of a pedestrian-vehicle accident in the searched grid, they were immediately able to direct all their efforts towards the abduction theory.

Locating SS in only 4 days was the answer to many prayers. #RIP SS.

MOO

Jurnee Taylor@_JurneeTaylor

#UPDATE: Sydney Sutherland’s cellphone has been located. According to Jackson County Sheriff David Lucas, her phone had no damage to it and was found about a quarter mile from her home and HWY 67. The search has been suspended for the night because of safety reasons.
6:58 PM · Aug 20, 2020 from Arkansas, USA·

Last edited:
I haven’t read anything on social media @Seattle1. Anything I’ve mentioned has either been shared here or reported in the mainstream media. Any of the rumors I have mentioned via YouTube True Crime channels have been stated as that, rumors.
I'm sorry @SpitfireRedhead you read my post to imply I thought your post rumor. That was not my intent. I was making a general, statement leading to how and when QL probably admitted his evil deed. Too late to edit my post or I'd include a disclaimer. Again, I'm sorry. :)

Yes. So true. :( These crimes are personal to me. My own experience is part of the reason I follow the experiences of others; I think a crime never totally leaves us--it leaves us changed. I know the unthinkable can happen.

Self-blame mixes with shame after sexual assault and the victim can get trapped in it, can start to believe she "deserved" it or could have "prevented" it when oftentimes you're just the one someone decides to rape that night. You just end up in their target, whether at a church, at a party, at a bar, in a park, on a street, in a hallway, anywhere on the planet where a man decides he wants to rape someone.

The first time anyone ever questioned what I was wearing was 5 years ago, and I had to go back to counseling because it shook me. It shook my family. It infuriated my husband and ended a close friendship. It made me feel helpless and violated all over again--after working for years to understand 1) it was not my fault 2) there was nothing I should have done differently 3) I should not live in fear--it is the rapist who should live in fear.

No one has the right to rob a house they find beautiful. No one has the right to rape a woman they decide they want. I live in wisdom and do all the "protection things" but I will never live in fear--that's what he wanted. I will never give him that. I am wearing short shorts today. I am here for all the women wearing whatever they want when they go out or go jogging. I am here for the punishment of the rapist, and justice for the victims of rape and sexual violence.

[I will probably freak out and erase this....]
Thank you. #respectwomen.

I may be of minority here but I think they may have located her on his land. I think others knew of his stalking past called him in. I think they interviewed him. I think he had marks on his face that could not be easily explained away. I’ve seen this before here on websleuths. He got caught. He tried to explain away and LE knew better.
I knew I put a unpopular pic up earlier but it’s clear he has marks on his face. I do think this may have been the red flag by his wife or other townies that drew the attention to him leading to his demise. It’s clear he has marks on his chin and lip areas. Scratch marks for sure.

definite marks....from at least two different pics that I saw...and according to a friend of the family he had a long time infatuation from high school with her....as he did with at least one other woman...police were on him from the get go...I went down the rabbit hole last night and the lewellyn family has suffered a devastating loss weeks prior...R.I.P Alex..you are such a beautiful soul.

Last edited:
and according to a friend of the family he had a long time infatuation from high school with her....as he did with at least one other woman...police were on him from the get go...I went down the rabbit hole last night and the family has suffered a devastating loss weeks prior...rip Alex...
I will be very curious to know if those scratch marks that I saw were what led LE to grab DNA.. I hope if he has more connections in the area they get hit him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member