Found Deceased AR - Sydney Sutherland, 25, Jackson Co., went for a jog, 19 Aug 2020 *ARREST*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
^^rsbm

Perhaps this was poor wording by the reporter and should have read that 'the AR Crime Lab positively identified SS by DNA.'

It's standard, and a legal requirement for a body and/or victim of a homicide to be positively identified.

Thank you! I’ve been trying to say this same thing but it wasn’t coming across clearly. I agree that DNA was for scientific confirmation and not because she was mutilated. I guess it’s possibly one tiny little part of this case that is not horrifying. JMO.

I think the only way he could overpower SS without a huge commotion is if he faked a medical episode and she approached him and he snatched her right when her defense was down. If she thought she was going to help him, and he went all gorilla on her then he's going down very hard. Coward. MOO
All indications are that she was just a friendly person who knew Lewellyn. She probably walked right up to him.

I think the only way he could overpower SS without a huge commotion is if he faked a medical episode and she approached him and he snatched her right when her defense was down. If she thought she was going to help him, and he went all gorilla on her then he's going down very hard. Coward. MOO
I wondered about a gun or taser as well

Him turning around would be premeditation as well. Simply heartbreaking

I think I read that she knew his wife,
Sorry if this has been discussed already -- did he have a gun? Can't imagine she would let him get close enough to grab her.
I also remember reading that she knew his wife. It makes me wonder if that's how he got close enough to grab her. Maybe he pulled up, got out of the truck, she recognizes him, he walks up and maybe says something like, Oh Gracie wants me to ask you...... Then when her guard is down he grabs her and throws her in the truck. Just my speculation.

Arkansas woman killed while running: What women should know to stay safe on outdoor runs

Tips to stay safe while on a run
1. Ditch the headphones.
2. Avoid baggy clothes and ponytails.
3. Switch up your routine.
4. Run with a group of friends.
5. Use your body to protect yourself.

Informative Article

Considering how I've been told since childhood by, well, EVERYONE to dress modestly lest men and boys be "distracted", number 2 kinda rankles. "Don't wear baggy clothes or you'll be easier to grab, but also don't run in just a sports bra or too tight of a top or leggings or short shorts or you'll provoke him!" :rolleyes:

IMO I think he probably stated that he hit her with his vehicle to cover up the physical damage he did when he hit her. Just a guess but maybe he thought he could get away with it. He is so big, one punch could knock her out since he was on a road and could be seen. How many years has he stalked women or done other deviant behavior to women? I'll bet years.

I am leaning very hard to the side of this is not the 1st time murder. I have nothing sharable yet. The evidence and the the his behavior and actions are not acyions of someone who has not done this before . I would like to explain but Justice is 1st . He has a very demented mind with evil with om him.I Pray if the other victims are cases are solved and the person who responsible gets the just they deserve and the get 1 killer off the streets

MOO. He seems to have been drawn to women who were involved in fitness? (That's what stood out to me... and yes I have friends who met at gyms and are happily married so I don't think meeting at a gym should be a thing, but I think it's a very interesting detail with regards to Quake.)

I had looked up qlew92 the other day. I think that's his addy instagram or whatever it is called. It turned up on one instagram site. Uno just one! A "model" whose name begins with a "D". Won't say whole first name for safety reasons.

Anyway she is ummm not a fashion model. Worked out of Beltonville and supplied certain services. The way she looks built I'm gonna say no gym did it. It's what her momma gave her. Pervy creep. could have paid to "see" a woman. So his impulses aren't right. Note not judging the model.

Considering how I've been told since childhood by, well, EVERYONE to dress modestly lest men and boys be "distracted", number 2 kinda rankles. "Don't wear baggy clothes or you'll be easier to grab, but also don't run in just a sports bra or too tight of a top or leggings or short shorts or you'll provoke him!" :rolleyes:

This works my last nerve. I used to get that as well from "almost everybody" but ironically not my dad who was a Detective. His response to people who say this was that if some creep wants to grab a woman they'll even grab a nun. They're nasty creepy stalking individuals. No impulse control.

These were all good tips though. Somehow it's almost like victim shaming the State of our dress. Sadly the poor girl in PA was Mennonite. There's an example No sports bra for that poor girl.

So don't buy a burka.

Definateley changing up your routine even not jogging whenever possible is a real good safety tip!

Stay safe ladies!

You can't be a websleuth and deny that attractive women get victimized more often than unattractive ones without some cognitive dissonance. Fair or not, that's reality. Is that slightly elevated risk worth the massive advantages of being attractive? I think so and I think nearly everyone would agree.

Is it worth actively making yourself less attractive when you're putting yourself in a situation (like jogging alone) that also significantly increases the odds of being assaulted? Well that's a much more nuanced question. Exercise can be and often is a social activity, even when it's done "alone". There sure are a lot of locker room selfies on social media that can attest to that and it's not unreasonable to want to look good when you're out jogging and seen by lots of local people either even if those two things together might raise your odds of being assaulted from one in a billion to one in a hundred million.

I didn't click the (apparently controversial) article about improving your safety when jogging but the final bullet point about "using your body to defend yourself" sounds like the often understated point that in those cases where someone has gotten very unlucky and is in real danger of being assaulted they can make themselves much less attractive real fast by pooping their pants. Yep, it's gross and embarrassing to even talk about much less dealing with after the danger is passed but it works and it's much better than being raped and murdered.

I didn't click the (apparently controversial) article about improving your safety when jogging

And I didn’t post it thinking it would be controversial o_O
I thought it was informative.

You make valid points. I agree whether people like it or not, attractive women are more likely victims of crimes like such. It’s sad, but it’s true.

And I didn’t post it thinking it would be controversial o_O
I thought it was informative.

You make valid points. I agree whether people like it or not, attractive women are more likely victims of crimes like such. It’s sad, but it’s true.
I know it's not meant to be controversial....but we as women have been taught not to wear things that "distract or provoke" men. Instead of spending energy telling men hey maybe don't rape women.
I mean, I'm working out, I'm going to have a ponytail. I'm going to wear what is comfortable and functional for the workout I'm doing.

I just want to say that it bothers me that they knew each other. I often thought then ambush and rape was more of a stranger rape type of scenario. I can’t imagine her being ambushed and raped and all the while knowing her perpetrator.
What kind of evil gets into a man to do these
type of acts?
I don’t think it would have made a difference if she were wearing a burka.

Claire Kreuz@ClaireKreuz_4

IN MEMORY OF SYDNEY SUTHERLAND: A cross with a pink teddy bear has been placed on County Road 41. Tonight on
@KARK4News
and
@FOX16News
family friends talk about the person she was and the legacy she leaves behind. #ARnews #sydneysutherland

12:21 PM · Aug 25, 2020 from Arkansas, USA

ETA: Another good photo of the tall grass making it difficult to search the area she was last seen.

Here is the news link Remembering the life and legacy of Sydney Sutherland | KLRT - FOX16.com
You can see the tall grass behind the news reporter. So sad. RIP SS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member