Identified! AR- West Memphis -"Laundry Lady" WhtFem 643UFAR, 45-60, Sep'87 No Name Available

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sorry. Just saw this. Yes, that's correct.

Edit: As I recall, yes, the North Service Road is one-way (west) from one point to another. I am going to try and get some links to pictures along that stretch. There's an Express Inn at 3700 N. Service Road. I think that one's been there for ages. Yeah, if we knew WHERE along this road she was hit, it would really help. Here's one link along there. It is the 200 block:

Dog Track location:
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=West+Memphis&state=AR&address=1550+North+Ingram+Boulevard

Homeless Shelter location in relation to North Service Road/61/40/55:
http://maps.live.com/default.aspx?v...uOTU5MjgzMDE0MDAzMSU3ZS05MC42MzQ0MDgxMzI4Njk4
[snipped for space]

Thank you, my_tee_mouse. Interesting maps....(didn't realize the West Memphis 3 murders were in the middle if the city.)

The map below is just an example of going from dog track to homeless shelter. See how it asks re N Frontage or N Service...if that is how locals view the roads also, than the area of the accident would likely be in the range of your maps above. (I know in my city there is a road that is known by its rte # in sections and road name in other sections.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...173&sspn=0.007087,0.028667&gl=us&ie=UTF8&z=13

Am not sure but believe LL was hit from behind?....if so that would indicate she was walking in a northerly direction.

[snipped for space]

Thank you, my_tee_mouse. Interesting maps....(didn't realize the West Memphis 3 murders were in the middle if the city.)

The map below is just an example of going from dog track to homeless shelter. See how it asks re N Frontage or N Service...if that is how locals view the roads also, than the area of the accident would likely be in the range of your maps above. (I know in my city there is a road that is known by its rte # in sections and road name in other sections.)

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...173&sspn=0.007087,0.028667&gl=us&ie=UTF8&z=13

Am not sure but believe LL was hit from behind?....if so that would indicate she was walking in a northerly direction.

I'm sorry to seem so morbid but, it would be helpful to know how she was hit. If you look at her teeth in the PM photo, they are crooked. If I'm not mistaken, dentures are generally quite perfect. I believe the impact damaged her teeth and that is what we are seeing in the PM photo.

[snipped for space]

I t was me that brought up her being hit from behind . I suggested it as from her clothes.

Someone else said that wasn't necessarily the case

I still think it was from behind, and as I have asked about 5 times now :( which everyone seems to be ignoring , does any one know anything about the occupants that hit her. Were they charged ? What with ? Who were they ?

I believe that is all vital as well

jmo

I'm sorry to seem so morbid but, it would be helpful to know how she was hit. If you look at her teeth in the PM photo, they are crooked. If I'm not mistaken, dentures are generally quite perfect. I believe the impact damaged her teeth and that is what we are seeing in the PM photo.

I t was me that brought up her being hit from behind . I suggested it as from her clothes.

I still think it was from behind, and as I have asked about 5 times now :( which everyone seems to be ignoring , does any one know anything about the occupants that hit her. Were they charged ? What with ? Who were they ?

jmo

I have googled every combination of anything I can think of and have come up empty handed. Searching the Eveningtimes' archives was a fruitless endeavor. I could only find articles going back to 2001. I share in capoly's frustration at the lack of information.
[my bold in amethyst post]

My searches have come up blank and it seems amethysts have also. Perhaps someone else will come along with some ideas as to obtaining information. At this point though, we're all in the same boat as far as answers go.

I don't guess we know anything about the folks who hit her. Do we even know what time of day it was?

I find this extremely frustrating. I'm :banghead: trying to remember the tiniest blurb about this on the news at the time, and I just can't remember a thing. I would think surely to goodness there would have been something on the Memphis news about it. It's not like this was an everyday occurrence.

The service road runs west/east for the most part. The "north" comes from being north of the interstate/highway....it is divided into North Service Road East and North Service Road West...and to confuse the whole picture, I believe the service road on the south side of the interstate is called Service Road East(?). Go figure.

Again, if we only knew where along this stretch she was found. The details just seem so sketchy for a situation where LE is trying to find out the identity of someone.

Re the location of the Memphis 3 situation: There was a truck wash and a copse of trees behind it, easily seen from the interstate. (If you were traveling out of Memphis, the car wash and woods are on the left). The copse of trees ("woods") is where the boys were found. So near to thousands of people and yet so hidden away. I shudder every time I drive by there.

The Memphis Commercial Appeal might have had something in it, albeit a brief something.

jmo

With all due respect girl-if someone knew they would have posted.

jmo

Maybe no one has answered your repeated questions because no one here has the answers. Why don't you email one of the contacts listed for her case and ask them?

ME contact info: https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=2882

I don't guess we know anything about the folks who hit her. Do we even know what time of day it was?

I find this extremely frustrating. I'm :banghead: trying to remember the tiniest blurb about this on the news at the time, and I just can't remember a thing. I would think surely to goodness there would have been something on the Memphis news about it. It's not like this was an everyday occurrence.

The service road runs west/east for the most part. The "north" comes from being north of the interstate/highway....it is divided into North Service Road East and North Service Road West...and to confuse the whole picture, I believe the service road on the south side of the interstate is called Service Road East(?). Go figure.

Again, if we only knew where along this stretch she was found. The details just seem so sketchy for a situation where LE is trying to find out the identity of someone.

Re the location of the Memphis 3 situation: There was a truck wash and a copse of trees behind it, easily seen from the interstate. (If you were traveling out of Memphis, the car wash and woods are on the left). The copse of trees ("woods") is where the boys were found. So near to thousands of people and yet so hidden away. I shudder every time I drive by there.

The Memphis Commercial Appeal might have had something in it, albeit a brief something.

Thanks, my_tee_mouse. The Commercial Appeal said they had no news on LL although I don't think they looked beyond the online archives. Sometimes the newspapers have back issues on microfiche on site that aren't available online. Those were the issues I was requesting a search on.

Stop :banghead: lol maybe you have another clue in there! Do you remember a time/area of work being done on the service road where construction barrels were in use?

The microfiche are located at the main public library at 3030 Poplar Avenue in Memphis. I wish I lived there so I could go and look. I can't believe there were no subsequent stories about LL, i.e., not being identified for so long, where's the family, and so forth. Perhaps someone who lives in the area would be kind enough to go and check.

The online records only go back to 1990.

Thanks, my_tee_mouse. The Commercial Appeal said they had no news on LL although I don't think they looked beyond the online archives. Sometimes the newspapers have back issues on microfiche on site that aren't available online. Those were the issues I was requesting a search on.

Stop :banghead: lol maybe you have another clue in there! Do you remember a time/area of work being done on the service road where construction barrels were in use?

They almost always have work going on at some point on the interstate through there, so barrels on the service road wouldn't necessarily stand out to me.

I'm wondering if the main library in Memphis would be more helpful with regard to old Commerical Appeal news. They used to have a lot of microfiche.

With all due respect girl-if someone knew they would have posted.
Thats not necessarily the case - sometimes people miss things.
Im not the first to say something like that and I won't be the last I feel sure LOL

In regards to my question about who it was , were they charged etc, Does anyone actually believe that they thought they *hit a barrel* ?

Thats really my entire point. That in itself is very strange - especially when she was wearing a RED Tshirt and Denim Jeans

How many Barrells do you know look like that !!!

And she couldn't have been *sleeping* on the ground because she wouldn't have been picked up and flung 150 meters from impact IMO

Maybe no one has answered your repeated questions because no one here has the answers. Why don't you email one of the contacts listed for her case and ask them?

ME contact info: https://identifyus.org/report.php?p=individual&i=2882

Thanks .....I don't know if that is appropriate . Im in Australia and I don't know what is allowed to be asked and what isnt, not sure if they are just going to give that info out to a non resident of USA

The microfiche are located at the main public library at 3030 Poplar Avenue in Memphis. I wish I lived there so I could go and look. I can't believe there were no subsequent stories about LL, i.e., not being identified for so long, where's the family, and so forth. Perhaps someone who lives in the area would be kind enough to go and check.

The online records only go back to 1990.

amethyst, Have you used this site at all? There are so many sources listed throughout it that I get confused lol. Maybe a more focused mind will see some useful source?
http://www.loc.gov/rr/news/oltitles.html

They almost always have work going on at some point on the interstate through there, so barrels on the service road wouldn't necessarily stand out to me.

I'm wondering if the main library in Memphis would be more helpful with regard to old Commerical Appeal news. They used to have a lot of microfiche.

Kind of figured the barrels were a long shot. Roadwork is never ending all over.
Amethyst posted that the microfiche is indeed located at the main public library at 3030 Poplar Avenue in Memphis. Will check their site. Perhaps they offer a fee service for researching microfiche requests for a specific date. Also will continue to search for genealogy sites that list microfiche news files. Might luck out.
OT...okay have refrained from saying this in prior posts...can't hold it in any longer....have you come to save the day?? been humming that darn tune for days now lol

ETA found a PDF form on this site http://www.tennessee.gov/tsla/forms.htm to use for requesting microfiche news articles in TE. Perhaps worth a try. Will send out tomorrow if no other ideas come up.

OT for LL but it looks like NewsLibrary.com no longer allows single article purchases. That's a bummer.

Thanks .....I don't know if that is appropriate . Im in Australia and I don't know what is allowed to be asked and what isnt, not sure if they are just going to give that info out to a non resident of USA

I don't think your country of residence has much to do with these things. I think details are a either a matter of public record or they aren't, I don't think they really discriminate based on country.

At the very least, you are certainly allowed to ask questions.

There was a terrible tornado in West Memphis in December of '87. Maybe records were damaged and that's why there is no info out there.

Lol capoly, I haven't heard that in years! I'm still checking out the link you posted for me. Lot's of stuff there, but so far, nothing on LL. I'm going back now to look some more.

I wonder if my_tee_mouse knows if events ocurring in West Memphis are regularly reported in the Commercial Appeal?

"hums the mighty mouse song"

There was a terrible tornado in West Memphis in December of '87. Maybe records were damaged and that's why there is no info out there.

Lol capoly, I haven't heard that in years! I'm still checking out the link you posted for me. Lot's of stuff there, but so far, nothing on LL. I'm going back now to look some more.

I wonder if my_tee_mouse knows if events ocurring in West Memphis are regularly reported in the Commercial Appeal?

"hums the mighty mouse song"

True re tornado. The Memphis Commercial was also suggested by the WM Evening Times (think that's it) archivist in her email reply. Perhaps MCA has it's own section/reporter for the West Memphis area.

There was an email address at the bottom of the Microfilm Copy Order form from the TN State Library & Archives site (url in previous post). So emailed State Archivist to see if a transaction can be made on line or by phone. Otherwise it's back to the dark ages with :snail: mail.

"hums the mighty mouse song" ....you know it's killing me not to go find a youtube video lol

Just thinking out loud here.....I believe LL has not been identified because her people never thought to look for her where her life ended. I do feel that she may have been traveling with truckers - for whatever reason - and whoever she was with that day (or was it night?) just figured she took off and he/she just headed on down the road, never looking back. I do feel that if she had any real ties to the West Memphis community, she would have been ID'd right off. The population is just around 30,000 so it would seem that if she were from there and there was any media coverage of her death, someone would have come forward at the time.

I feel very strongly about Rosie and hope we can find out soon!

JMHO

Hello WebSleuthers--
I have been a long time reader of this site. My interest in Chandra Levy brought me here years ago. I was Googling my missing Aunt's name - Sharon Pinegar last night and was brought to this thread. I just wanted to thank you all so much for doing what you do. I have never met my aunt, as she disappeared when I was only 10. I desperately want to help figure out what happened to my mom's sister, so her siblings have answers to what ever became of her. My mom is also a long time WebSleuths lurker and I passed this thread on to her late last night. We are both so grateful for the time you have put in matching these missing people to their missing bodies, and giving families answers.

Sharon had upper and lower dentures, curly hair, and a small frame just like LL. Sharon's husband was murdered in 1977: http://www.unsolved-crimes.com/pinegar.html and I just feel so badly for their children, grandchildren, and siblings who have lost these people with no answers. If I can help answer any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Again, thank you so much for taking your time and research skills - we all really appreciate it.

Hello WebSleuthers--
I have been a long time reader of this site. My interest in Chandra Levy brought me here years ago. I was Googling my missing Aunt's name - Sharon Pinegar last night and was brought to this thread. I just wanted to thank you all so much for doing what you do. I have never met my aunt, as she disappeared when I was only 10. I desperately want to help figure out what happened to my mom's sister, so her siblings have answers to what ever became of her. My mom is also a long time WebSleuths lurker and I passed this thread on to her late last night. We are both so grateful for the time you have put in matching these missing people to their missing bodies, and giving families answers.

Sharon had upper and lower dentures, curly hair, and a small frame just like LL. Sharon's husband was murdered in 1977: http://www.unsolved-crimes.com/pinegar.html and I just feel so badly for their children, grandchildren, and siblings who have lost these people with no answers. If I can help answer any questions, please do not hesitate to ask. Again, thank you so much for taking your time and research skills - we all really appreciate it.

Welcome, troublelovesme00. So sorry your family carries the pain of a missing member. Thank you for your information and link. Has your Mom seen the photos of LL? Please let us know if we can be of any help should she feel there is a connection between LL & your Aunt.

Hello WebSleuthers--

[my bold]

Hello WebSleuthers--

Condolences to you and your family

Do you know what size shoe Sharon wore ?

Was sharon a smoker ?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back