ARDI -- new hope The return of the IDI

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What if DNA found on saliva of Amy's pubic hair matched DNA found on JB? Maybe she consented to a pelvic exam and her pubic hair is sitting on a shelf somewhere.

I try to limit the number of "What ifs" in this case as a matter of principle.

I have no idea why LW wouldn't mention it but perhaps LW has other cases to be concerned w/.

By the time I'm done with him, he'll have PLENTY to be concerned with!

One problem I have with your profile is that Amy's attacker made it a point to tell Amy he knew her name, and Amy did not recognize nor know him but he did know Amy.

That doesn't change anything. That just makes it more terrifying.

Why didn't he neutralize Amy's mother? Why did he perform oral sex on Amy but not intercourse?

I'm supposed to know why some genetic mistake does something?

IF he is some kind of copycat then he would know that if he killed Amy, her mother would take the blame.

I don't know whether that's a cheap shot or not, but it just ain't that simple, voynich. I think it was the living Force that brought you to me. Much to learn, you have.

Hi voynich.

interesting that within your suggested serial rapist scenario, as compared to the JBR case, both perps do not engage in sexual intercourse with the victim.

I think it was the living Force that brought you to me. Much to learn, you have.

I've flown from one side of this crime investigation to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense. :crazy:

Hi voynich.

interesting that within your suggested serial rapist scenario, as compared to the JBR case, both perps do not engage in sexual intercourse with the victim.

Serial-rapist-pedophile-killer sure.

I do consider it a behavioral fingerprint, in my view, that "both perps do not engage in sexual intercourse with the victim" while standard rapist do, and both perps do not neutralize the parents, which common sense would suggest you do. What if Amy's mother had a can of mace, a gun, stun gun, or baseball bat or knife?

My theory would predict that If Amy's mother had killed AR w/say a gun, his DNA would match the unknown DNA found on JB.

I've flown from one side of this crime investigation to the other. I've seen a lot of strange stuff, but I've never seen anything to make me believe there's one all-powerful force controlling everything. There's no mystical energy field that controls my destiny. It's all a lot of simple tricks and nonsense. :crazy:

You want to know about all-powerful force? Check out my location. Then switch my initials around.

I do consider it a behavioral fingerprint, in my view, that "both perps do not engage in sexual intercourse with the victim" while standard rapist do, and both perps do not neutralize the parents, which common sense would suggest you do. What if Amy's mother had a can of mace, a gun, stun gun, or baseball bat or knife?

My theory would predict that If Amy's mother had killed AR w/say a gun, his DNA would match the unknown DNA found on JB.

That's why I believe in having an armed citizenry, just for reasons like that.

I only mildly disagree with your theory, based on this article:

http://www.crimeandclues.com/92feb003.html

The Art and Science of Criminal Investigation

Violent Crime Scene Analysis: Modus Operandi, Signature, and Staging

By John E. Douglas, Ed.D. Special Agent
Chief of the Investigative Support Unit FBI Academy

and

Corinne Munn
Served as Honors Intern FBI Academy

This Article Originally Appeared in the FBI Law Enforcement Bulletin, February 1992.

[excerpt]

As shown, the burglar refined his breaking-and-entering techniques to lower the risk of apprehension and to increase profits. This demonstrates that the M.O. is a learned behavior that is dynamic and malleable. Developed over time, the M.O. continuously evolves as offenders gain experience and confidence.

The assault on Amy was 8 months later, yet the MO presents itself as far less sophisticated than JBR.

Since most have seen JBR murder thru the eyes of RDI, it hasn't been easy for some to characterize the murder. If it was an intruder, then it truely was a criminal feat because of all the action that took place in the house without disturbing the parents. The ransom note, bizarre factors like the pineapple, and the questions of how the perp got in and out without leaving any traceable evidence displays a more evolved M.O. than Amy's attacker.

Possibly,

but then Amy didn't say, as JB did, she was getting a "secret visit from Santa"

If JB & AR had a prior agreement, that would simplify his task enormously, and leave less evidence.

Possibly,

If JB & AR had a prior agreement, that would simplify his task enormously, and leave less evidence.

If we apply the principle of an evolved MO, then it would be expected that AR would've brought cord for a ligature restraining device. Instead, there was no ligature and words were exchanged. Enough to alert a parent, right?

AR's MO is truely a step backward from JBR MO, where the perp gained access to JBR for perhaps an hour or more with multiple occupants in the house, and came prepared with cord and tape.

If AR was less planned, having no appointment, then I would expect AR to have brought some cord. It would be seen by AR as a useful item because of what he learned from the murder he got away with.

If we apply the principle of an evolved MO, then it would be expected that AR would've brought cord for a ligature restraining device. Instead, there was no ligature and words were exchanged. Enough to alert a parent, right?

AR's MO is truely a step backward from JBR MO, where the perp gained access to JBR for perhaps an hour or more with multiple occupants in the house, and came prepared with cord and tape.

If AR was less planned, having no appointment, then I would expect AR to have brought some cord. It would be seen by AR as a useful item because of what he learned from the murder he got away with.

WHat you say sounds sensible, although I'm not entirely sure genetic mistakes are sensible. Of course it's also not logical to commit a crime while the parents are sleeping, but that's what AR did. One speculation is that he didn't bring rope this time 'round b/c he thought last time it was bulky and slowed him down, or he had already scoped Amy's house and knew where to find everything he needed.

Amy and JB both learned dance at West Dance studio.

I am curious as to whether they collected DNA from perp's saliva on Amy's pubic hair, skin, or genitals, and whether it was tested.

WHat you say sounds sensible, although I'm not entirely sure genetic mistakes are sensible. Of course it's also not logical to commit a crime while the parents are sleeping, but that's what AR did. One speculation is that he didn't bring rope this time 'round b/c he thought last time it was bulky and slowed him down, or he had already scoped Amy's house and knew where to find everything he needed.

Amy and JB both learned dance at West Dance studio.

I am curious as to whether they collected DNA from perp's saliva on Amy's pubic hair, skin, or genitals, and whether it was tested.

That's just what SD would say. A wildcard if I've ever seen one.

Oh I'm not saying AR/IDI isn't a valid link. It is obviously worth investigating. I'm just giving my :twocents: on the reasons why it may not be linked by LE.

I think its two different people because the M.O. on the 2nd is far less advanced. He got overheard and was nearly identified, right? The whole idea behind M.O. theory is that the criminal advances his ability.

JBR's killer did a lot more crime and even included an essay on his intention to do more killing. I think the signature of JBR's killer is the use of shocking violence.

Oh I'm not saying AR/IDI isn't a valid link. It is obviously worth investigating. I'm just giving my :twocents: on the reasons why it may not be linked by LE.

I think its two different people because the M.O. on the 2nd is far less advanced. He got overheard and was nearly identified, right? The whole idea behind M.O. theory is that the criminal advances his ability.

JBR's killer did a lot more crime and even included an essay on his intention to do more killing. I think the signature of JBR's killer is the use of shocking violence.

Maybe the purpose of the rn was to delude,to mock.It made the R's think there's still hope, she's still alive out there.I am surprised though that such a person would not stick around to see their faces when they discover the truth,that she's dead AND how she was tortured.

Possibly,

To steal a phrase from HOTYH, I'm not aware that the "secret visit from Santa" line is an established fact, especially considering the source.

BUT, that does raise an interesting question, one which I have been weighing out in my head. What if Amy had a prior agreement with her rapist?

An explanation is in order. Now, you've used a lot of "what if" scenarios to suggest that Amy's rapist and JB's killer are one and the same. So let me lay a "what if" on you. (And keep in mind that I'm loathe to do this, and I apologize to anyone in advance who reads this.)

What if Amy's rapist wasn't a rapist at all? What if it was a ...boyfriend? It might explain a few things: why there was no intercourse, why there was no real violence to her, etc. It might not have been a rape. It might have been interrupted sex. Mom catches them, he splits. Amy claims rape to save face with her parents but won't submit to a pelvic exam because she's protecting the guy.

An old story.

Hey, voynich! Welcome to the club!

In all seriousness, HOTYH, at least you're a man of principle. You won't take wildcards even from an IDI.

I realize I don't say this often, but bravo, HOTYH!

To steal a phrase from HOTYH, I'm not aware that the "secret visit from Santa" line is an established fact, especially considering the source.

BUT, that does raise an interesting question, one which I have been weighing out in my head. What if Amy had a prior agreement with her rapist?

An explanation is in order. Now, you've used a lot of "what if" scenarios to suggest that Amy's rapist and JB's killer are one and the same. So let me lay a "what if" on you. (And keep in mind that I'm loathe to do this, and I apologize to anyone in advance who reads this.)

What if Amy's rapist wasn't a rapist at all? What if it was a ...boyfriend? It might explain a few things: why there was no intercourse, why there was no real violence to her, etc. It might not have been a rape. It might have been interrupted sex. Mom catches them, he splits. Amy claims rape to save face with her parents but won't submit to a pelvic exam because she's protecting the guy.

An old story.

Obviously this is a possibility I can't rule out with what 48 hours has provided.

I'm not a feminist but rape activists claim that it is a myth women lie about rape. Fact, women rarely lie about rape. I'll let the rape activists here argue this.

"You're only a master of evil, Darth"

what-if the perp is the same in JB as Amy. Other than DNA (no mention in 48 hours) what evidence would you expect to find that would be similar in the two cases? For example, I would expect the perp to wear Black and shed black fibers, b/c black is better camoflauge in the dark. Also, consumed by the dark side, wearing black = darth vader. (I"m kidding on the last one)

Obviously this is a possibility I can't rule out with what 48 hours has provided.

I'm not a feminist but rape activists claim that it is a myth women lie about rape. Fact, women rarely lie about rape. I'll let the rape activists here argue this.

I figure I'm on thin ice as it is.

"You're only a master of evil, Darth"

You're telling me? I felt sick just writing that.

what-if the perp is the same in JB as Amy. Other than DNA (no mention in 48 hours) what evidence would you expect to find that would be similar in the two cases? For example, I would expect the perp to wear Black and shed black fibers, b/c black is better camoflage in the dark.

I realized I'm going for doubles on this one, but I think HOTYH summed it up quite well.

Also, consumed by the dark side, wearing black = darth vader. (I"m kidding on the last one)

Moving on...(BTW, isn't Apokolips nice this time of year?)

as in Darkseid ?

I'm more partial to En Sabah Nur, aka Aten aka....

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarthaMaude
Back