Are the Ramseys involved or not?

• The Ramseys are somehow involved in the crime and/or cover-up

Votes: 883 75.3%
  • The Ramseys are not involved at all in the crime or cover-up

Votes: 291 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know none of you will ever accept this but I'll give it one last try. Those 'rules' you cite for grand juries is a flop. The Judge chooses the rules to enforce because he/she is in complete control of the process. Judges at this level have the power to conduct the panel as they see fit.

The rules are what the judge say they are-end of story. I have been there and I know.

Have any of you read the presentation? I have an outline of the major points.

Question- are the Ramsey's involved or not?
Answer- after reading several books I'm going to say no. These books really put the blame on PR- but I'm not buying it.... For now. Such a highly speculated case and it may not be a popular answer but my gut says no, they did not do this.
BUT they know who did (unfortunately) and helped provide the cover-up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Limited mention of JBR in MSM, as the year passed.

http://www.dailycamera.com/boulder-.../big-2016-glance-at-year-ahead-boulder-county

DC "Big in 2016: A glance at the year ahead in Boulder County" article, 12/31/2015:

"JonBenet Ramsey saga, 20 years on
It will take most of the year to get there, but a benchmark anniversary in a notorious criminal case will roll around Dec. 26.
It was 20 years earlier on that date that the body of JonBenet Ramsey was found by her father in the basement of the family's home in Boulder, hours after her mother reported her missing and that a ransom note had been found demanding money for the 6-year-old's safe return.
A grand jury returned indictments against John and Patsy Ramsey in their daughter's death in October 1999, but then-Boulder County District Attorney Alex Hunter declined to prosecute the case for lack of evidence. His successor, Mary Lacy, in 2008 issued an exoneration of JonBenet's family members.
Lacy's exoneration is not binding on current District Attorney Stan Garnett or anyone who might follow him in office.
While there is no sign that Boulder police have the case under active investigation, ample media attention around the sad anniversary likely will serve as a reminder that even in a new year, the past is ever with us."

Colorado grants rebate to planned JonBenet Ramsey film
February 4, 2016

http://www.9news.com/story/entertai...rebate-planned-jonbenet-ramsey-film/79807018/

Ramsey drama 'Casting JonBenet' to film in Boulder, metro area -with state rebate
Film to have cast of 35, all but 2 from Colorado
02/03/2016

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_29472544/ramsey-drama-film-boulder-metro-area-state-rebate

"Colorado's Economic Development Commission on Jan. 16 approved a performance-based 20 percent film incentive rebate to three Colorado-based productions, including "Casting JonBenet," scheduled to be filmed in the Denver metro area, including Boulder, this month.
An announcement from the commission said the Ramsey movie will "present audiences with a hybrid of fiction and non-fiction filmmaking that examines the macabre legacy of this tiny starlet."
"Inciting responses, reflections and even performances from members of the Ramsey's (sic) own Colorado community, the film will examine how this heinous crime and its resulting mythologies have shaped the attitudes and behavior of successive generations of parents and children."

Listen productions:
http://www.listenproductions.com/

Oh no. "A hybrid of fiction and non fiction".

Like the actual story isn't riveting enough?

Heyya CorallaroC and andreww,

JBR generates income.
IDK...

http://www.vimooz.com/tag/casting-jonbenet/

"Rooftop Films has awarded thirteen cash and service grants to alumni filmmakers, including The Rooftop Filmmakers’ Fund Garbo NYC Feature Film Grants, which were awarded to directors Kitty Green and Sebastian Silva. Green will receive a monetary grant of $15,000 to help finish her new film, Casting JonBenet,"

Sundance $:
https://www.sundance.org/blogs/prog...-announces-projects-selected-for-2015-support
Casting JonBenet (Australia/U.S.)
Director: Kitty Green
Producer: Scott Macaulay and Kitty Green
An artful exploration of the legacy of the world’s most sensational child-murder case, the unsolved death of six-year-old American beauty queen JonBenet Ramsey.

FV $:
http://www.film.vic.gov.au/funding/...sions-20142015/screen-development-documentary

---------------------------------------------------------------

Casted?:

http://cphdox.dk/en/cphindustry/cphforum/projects-2015/

---------------------------------------------------------------
ABC connection:
http://blogs.indiewire.com/womenandhollywood/sxsw-women-directors-meet-kitty-green

"Green worked for ABC in Australia producing content for national broadcast."

They should make a JBR movie where they play out four scenarios of what could've happened: JDI, PDI, BDI, or IDI; of course, making sure the established facts are presented. Then, let the viewers decide for themselves which they believe. I could see how many problems could arise out of that idea, though.

I just hope this new movie doesn't spew out the same lies most people (including me) believed from the many documentaries made about this case ("pubic" hair on blanket from "unknown" source, "unidentified" palm print on wine cellar door, etc.).

They should make a JBR movie where they play out four scenarios of what could've happened: JDI, PDI, BDI, or IDI; of course, making sure the established facts are presented. Then, let the viewers decide for themselves which they believe. I could see how many problems could arise out of that idea, though.

I just hope this new movie doesn't spew out the same lies most people (including me) believed from the many documentaries made about this case ("pubic" hair on blanket from "unknown" source, "unidentified" palm print on wine cellar door, etc.).

This isn't the next series for FX's American Crime Story is it?

I had heard somewhere that if the People vs OJ did well they were next going to do the Ramsey murder.

The 2 movies were pathetically full of errors, I hope this one is better..
Getting Away with Murder had horrible acting, and it heavily supported the JDI theory..
On the other hand, Perfect Murder Perfect Town was definitely better but it still had many errors, and I felt it kinda leans towards the PDI theory more..

I believe that the family was involved. It was an accident, panic button to divert police, from something definitely weird. After all, if it was an "accident" call the police tell the truth. Patsy was the key, John just went along, as to expose her would have been too messy.

I really have no idea how they would even attempt an IDI portion of a movie. There is absolutely no evidence pointing that way, so it would be 100% fiction. Likewise, each of the "Ramsey did it" theories are based heavily on fiction as well, so I don't see what merit a film like that could possibly bring.

I'd prefer a movie that showed all the lies and deception from the Ramsey's. I'd like it to show what evidence there was against them and how police were hindered by their own DA. I'd like it to show how the Ramsey's maliciously sued anybody that spoke against them and how their investigators bullied those that had evidence against them. I'd like it to show Patsy at JBs grave choking herself whist laughing her head off. And let's show John and his ridiculous break and enter story in Atlanta.

I honestly would really rather not see a program based on this case. Lord knows there is enough misinformation and bias out there about this case. I haven't seen the OJ trial one, so IDK if its a good program. I just can't imagine that with JR (and Lin Wood) still kicking there could/would be a hard-hitting program.

I would be so frustrated hearing everyone talk about JBR. It's hard enough to keep my mouth shut about the details and common "facts" that people know.

Anyone else feel this way? Would you rather see a show where it has some good facts and more of the same bulls*ht that is in the media?

Andrew I really like the idea of a show that just focuses on the lies and inconsistencies in their stories rather than speculation on theories. A LE side type of show would be different and interesting. That could be a good show if it was acted well (I couldn't sit through PMPT for that reason, lol).

This isn't the next series for FX's American Crime Story is it?

I had heard somewhere that if the People vs OJ did well they were next going to do the Ramsey murder.

No, this is a different program. It's already been announced that the second season of American crime story will be on hurricane Katrina.

The OJ series is getting really good reviews and it seems like they are treating the subject seriously so I wouldn't mind if they did JonBenet's case at some point. But it won't be next year.

I honestly would really rather not see a program based on this case. Lord knows there is enough misinformation and bias out there about this case. I haven't seen the OJ trial one, so IDK if its a good program. I just can't imagine that with JR (and Lin Wood) still kicking there could/would be a hard-hitting program.

I would be so frustrated hearing everyone talk about JBR. It's hard enough to keep my mouth shut about the details and common "facts" that people know.

Anyone else feel this way? Would you rather see a show where it has some good facts and more of the same bulls*ht that is in the media?

Andrew I really like the idea of a show that just focuses on the lies and inconsistencies in their stories rather than speculation on theories. A LE side type of show would be different and interesting. That could be a good show if it was acted well (I couldn't sit through PMPT for that reason, lol).

Annapurna.

I can absolutely guarantee you another JonBenet whodunit documentary. Its a money spinner, whether its fact or fiction. Once JR has left us, his estate resigns rights over his reputation, claims regarding his behavior on the night of JonBenet's death, its really open door on the JonBenet case.

Only Burke Ramsey will have the option of litigation to prevent unknown evidence becoming publicly available. If he takes that route then he will signal to world what everyone already thinks and he will be deluged with some pretty negative messages!

If you kill and its pleasurable, i.e. you enjoy the internal pain inflicted upon your victim, and the death process with the application of an asphyxiation device or a postmortem internal assault then as an assailant/predator you might have psychological issues, i.e. stuff that cannot be reconciled via litigation, but could resurface in other areas of your life?

In other words would the killer of JonBenet seek to kill others in a similar manner or even escalate their behavior, so to gravitate their homicidal desires?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Voice-on-The-911-Tape&p=12369627#post12369627

I tried to post a new thread. Attention Jon Benet websleuths, there is a new documentary film being filmed this week in Colorado called Casting Jon Benet. I am honored to be a part of this film and it will ultimately divulge my true identity. The documentary will outline the most popular theories in this case and give the viewer the opportunity to make up their mind who killed JonBenet based on the evidence provided. I may need help answering some questions as I am limited with time to re-evaluate myself with the case. Can someone tell me who commented that Patsy Ramsey used to draw hearts on JonBenet's hand? Also was it proved for a fact that the knife used to cut the rope was indeed Burke's knife that was place in the linen closet by Linda Hoffman Pugh? More questions to come....

DC: http://www.dailycamera.com/news/bou...msey-mystery-casting-jonbenet-crew-casts-dead

New Ramsey Mystery: 'Casting JonBenet' casts dead deer in Boulder shoot
Police official: 'I feel like Parks and Wildlife doesn't give out wild animals'
02/25/2016

"The production team behind a movie being made about the JonBenet Ramsey case is slated for just one day of filming in Boulder, and its shooting plans could come as a surprise.".....

...."Instead, Bellmer Productions LLC has pulled a city permit to shoot on Eighth Street between Silver Lake and Cherry avenues in far north Boulder near Foothills Community Park.
The permit is for "a single snow day" in the hours between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m. between Monday and March 21, and calls for a Boulder police officer to be on scene for intermittent traffic control.
If the location is a surprise, the scene description listed on the city permit is, on the face of it, a riddle worthy of the still-unsolved murder itself.
In the space where the permit applicant is asked to detail cameras, equipment and props that will be used, it is stated, "Video camera, prop police car, process trailer on back of truck. Movie set props to look like fake filming scene. Roadkill deer provided by CO Wildlife. Cop car 'hits' deer, fake movie crew removes deer from" (sic)."....

...."A producer on the project Thursday declined to comment on the team's plans."

The key to this whole case remains the ransom note. It is publicly available evidence that anyone can parse and, regardless of whether you are IDI or RDI, it remains the only thing that even SUGGESTS outside involvement. In my view, the note is the only reason the parents weren't arrested on site upon discovery of the body. If they reported their daughter missing without a note or any evidence of a break-in and then her body is found dead in the house LE would have made an arrest immediately. The note pointed away from the Ramseys, explained JonBenet's 'missing' body, and give them time to contaminate the crime scene. The purpose of the note was to obfuscate and, amazingly, it somehow succeeded despite its bogus nature. The note was written in the house using items from the house and has no reason for being left behind by a careful intruder who took steps to cover up ALL other signs of his having been in the house. The only way the presence of a note makes sense is if it is there to throw LE off the scent of the family's involvement. Even its placement on the back staircase is a ruse meant to implicate the housekeeper who sometimes left notes for Patsy in that location. A real intruder would either place the note on JonBenet's bed or on the kitchen counter where it is sure to be found. A real intruder would likely bring a note ahead of time and it would be typewritten to avoid being at all connected to the crime. The note is long and irregular; most ransom notes are short and to the point. The note attempts to implicate either someone involved with John's business or perhaps the housekeeper -- "must be an inside job." Lastly, of all the people looked at by LE, Patsy Ramsey was the only never ruled out as the writer of the note. This is significant because she was one of only three other people at the crime scene. The odds of a random intruder having similar handwriting characteristics to the mother of the decedent are improbably small and would require unbelievable luck.

PS The fact that the Ramseys never took the note seriously is also telling.

The key to this whole case remains the ransom note.
I disagree. Having said that, You do make valid points on the note.

The ransom note is rabbit holes within rabbit holes and does nothing but cause people to run in circles. Its been overanalyzed to death for twenty years.

I had followed the case closely for years(many years ago). I took a refresher course on the case the past few months(read all the books, various web sites, documentaries,etc.).

If the case is ever going to be solved....these are the keys(IMO):

What really happened at that Dec. 23rd party...which may have lit the fuse for her murder two days later.

The photographs of Jonbenet found in the basement(Who took them? What is she doing in them? Why are they down there?)

The original intent of the suitcase. Not as a step for this mythical intruder but the contents within it. What is a semen stained blanket and a Dr Seuss book in a suitcase doing in a room near the dead body of a six year old girl? Even if the suitcase is an aspect of staging, what is he/she/they trying to convey with this?

Why was Fleet White so interested in running back down into the basement to look at that piece of tape after John brought her body upstairs when he had been told specifically not to go back down there? Any chance that piece of tape wasn't on her mouth around 6 am or so?

What really happened in the car on the way home?

What is he/she/they looking for in John Andrew's bedroom and bathroom that night? I see a sense of urgency in those particular photos.

If those questions can ever be answered, you don't even need that ransom note to solve the case.

disclaimer: That statement above is not implying that I think Fleet White murdered Jonbenet or had anything to do with her death. I just question what he saw, when he saw it, and why he zeroed in on that tape seconds after she is officially found.

--

One more question I'd like answered is which family member had the most interest in this western theme, specifically rope and boots? Not necessarily a key to solving the crime but might provide some insight into the mind of one or two family members.

http://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/news/jonbenet-ramsey-murder-case-in-works-as-true-crime-series-w201947

JonBenet Ramsey Murder Case Is in the Works as a True-Crime Anthology
April 7, 2016

"TV's true-crime craze shows no signs of slowing down. CBS is developing a true-crime anthology series that will center on the still-unsolved JonBenét Ramsey murder case, Us Weekly can confirm.
Sources tell Us that the network is in final negotiations with Emmy-winning producer Tom Forman (Extreme Makeover: Home Edition) and Critical Content for the unscripted, limited-run series. The case's original investigators are set to team with new experts in an attempt to shed new light on the 6-year-old's tragic December 1996 death.

The series is aiming for a fall 2016 launch and would have the potential to continue, with each future season focusing on a different case.
Ramsey's case continues to generate interest, with nearly 20 years having elapsed since the little beauty queen was found murdered in her home in Boulder, Colorado. The case remains unsolved, despite multiple grand jury hearings. Court documents were unsealed in October 2013, revealing that a Colorado grand jury had voted in 1999 to indict JonBenét's parents, John and Patricia Ramsey. However, the district attorney had refused to sign the indictment, citing insufficient evidence. New DNA tests in 2008 cleared the parents of the crime, with Patricia dying from cancer in 2006."

- LS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member