Are the Ramseys involved or not?

• The Ramseys are somehow involved in the crime and/or cover-up

Votes: 883 75.3%
  • The Ramseys are not involved at all in the crime or cover-up

Votes: 291 24.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I'm posting....Who dresses their child for bed in long underwear? In the mid '90's that's what you wear skiing, not sleeping (unless you're on a backpacking expedition). A child beauty queen in long johns?
Colorado winters can get quite cold. I know many people who wear long johns to bed. I don't, but I wear them frequently around the house and under my pants.

Hello! I have been following this case since it happened. I have never posted on here but figured I would give it a try! At times I feel like PR did it...or JR or BR or they were all involved because there are so many things pointing that way!! Then I think about the DNA that was found which cleared them all of being involved-especially since the new technology shows that the DNA is that of a Hispanic Male. I just cannot stop wondering and thinking about the "coincidences" of the handwriting, the pineapple, the amount mentioned in the ransom letter, etc. Is anyone else feeling the same way?! It's driving me crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll just say one thing, SCH2326: don't take that stuff about the DNA as gospel. The expert in question was exposed in court as not being an expert and did no even have custody of the DNA. Greg LaBerge does.

I'll just say one thing, SCH2326: don't take that stuff about the DNA as gospel. The expert in question was exposed in court as not being an expert and did no even have custody of the DNA. Greg LaBerge does.

I just saw that online-thank you SuperDave! Crazy!! You would think that by now using the blood DNA found on JB's undergarment, that they would have, without a doubt, either cleared all of the Ramsey's or one of them would be the prime suspect!! So frustrating!

I think JR killed JBR. Wrote the ransom note. PR found it. Went off the deep end and ruined his plans to either remove the body or continue staging.
I feel deeply that if BR did it, PR on her deathbed would have confessed to remove suspicion. It's what I would have done to protect my child.

This is my first post here even though I've been reading the forum on and off for about a year. I am definitely team RDI.

The one thing I'm confused about and the one thing that keeps me from being able to pinpoint one Ramsey is: was this crime sexually motivated?

I tend to say no because (and this could be wrong) but to my understanding, the paintbrush was what was used to molest her. I feel like if it were sexually motivated, it wouldn't be a paintbrush, it'd likely be more traditional rape. Thank god it wasn't, but that part confuses me. A lot of people claim she had previous sexual abuse and I can't seem to figure out any evidence to support that claim. Then there's the whole "pedophile ring" theory. Though that still confuses me because of the paintbrush thing.

So my questions are:
- Was the paintbrush used to molest her on the night of her murder?
- Was there any proof she had previous sexual abuse?

This is the one thing that keeps me from being able to know which Ramsey did it and why. I tend to lean towards the accidental/staged theory. If anyone could answer these that would help a lot! Thank you!

I just saw that online-thank you SuperDave! Crazy!! You would think that by now using the blood DNA found on JB's undergarment, that they would have, without a doubt, either cleared all of the Ramsey's or one of them would be the prime suspect!! So frustrating!

Well, SCH2326, only now are people starting to understand that DNA is not the miracle science it was sold as being in the late 80's.

This is my first post here even though I've been reading the forum on and off for about a year. I am definitely team RDI.

The one thing I'm confused about and the one thing that keeps me from being able to pinpoint one Ramsey is: was this crime sexually motivated?

I tend to say no because (and this could be wrong) but to my understanding, the paintbrush was what was used to molest her. I feel like if it were sexually motivated, it wouldn't be a paintbrush, it'd likely be more traditional rape. Thank god it wasn't, but that part confuses me. A lot of people claim she had previous sexual abuse and I can't seem to figure out any evidence to support that claim. Then there's the whole "pedophile ring" theory. Though that still confuses me because of the paintbrush thing.

paintbrSo my questions are:
- Was theush use d to molest her on the night of her murder?
- Was there any proof shehad previous sexual abuse?

This is the one thing that keeps me from being able to know which Ramsey did it and why. I tend to lean towards the accidental/staged theory. If anyone could answer these that would help a lot! Thank you!

nyclaura,
Coroner Meyer stated at the autopsy that JonBenet had been Digitally Penetrated. Its assumed that the birefringent material found inside JonBenet originated via the paintbrush?

Internally JonBenet exhibited healing scars from previous injuries, thus suggesting chronic sexual abuse?

It might be all staging, it might all be abuse, you decide.

I agree: this crime was not sexually motivated.

So my questions are:

Very possibly.

The proof is right in her body: barely anything left of her hymen and a spot that had been repeatedly rubbed to the point where tissue was worn off.

So my questions are:

Welcome to WS, nyclaura.

I don't think there's any doubt (at least in my mind) that this was sexually motivated.

It wasn't really a kidnapping -- there was no call from the "foreign faction" to arrange for the money exchange.

It wasn't to get even with John somehow -- if so, her body would have been "displayed" in a way to shock instead of cleaned of blood, redressed, and hidden away in a little-used room.

It wasn't even a rape in the usual sense -- no semen and almost certainly no penile penetration (per the medical examiner and a panel of outside medical and child abuse experts). Instead she was sexually assaulted with something "consistent with digital penetration." And due to the finding of a wooden splinter (or splinters) in her vaginal vault that was consistent with the wood in the paintbrush tied to the ligature, it is most likely that the paintbrush was used before it was broken (the end has never been found) or possibly a splinter was transferred by a finger after the paintbrush had been broken.

There's much more to the sexual aspect than just this that gets more complicated, but she was most likely molested in the days/weeks (possibly months) prior to her death by someone who had regular access to her (per that same group of medical experts). All of this was deliberately covered up by someone who didn't want this part of the crime to be known. As for who might be responsible for this prior and perimortem abuse, you'll have to decide for yourself. And to do that, you have to ask yourself who would be responsible for this type of molestation, and is that necessarily the same person who staged the crime to look like a kidnapping.

Colorado winters can get quite cold. I know many people who wear long johns to bed. I don't, but I wear them frequently around the house and under my pants.

I live on the Canadian Prairies about a hour north of North Dakota. So lets say that we get darn cold winter here. I'm sure much colder than Colorado. Heck we are know to have cold spells of -40 F.

In my 50 years I have never worn long johns to bed or seen or heard of anyone that does. People have central heating.

No one I know wears them around the house. With central heating you would be sweating bullets! Only time we wear them is to go sledding or skiing.

So my questions are:

Great questions and ones I wondered about too!!

Thanks everyone for the answers! I didn't know that she was healing from past scars, that's where I got confused. I'll have to rethink some stuff now.

The only thing that stops me from saying it was sexually motivated was because there was no penile penetration the night of her murder. I have heard people say the paintbrush could have been to cover up the past abuse scars, which does make sense. I still think she wasn't supposed to die that night, abused or not. If she was abused before, it's more likely this would have been another "session" if you will. Something goes wrong, she hits her head, to cover it up, she's strangled, ransom note was left, ect. It's definitely not money motivated as the ransom would suggest (even if she died, wouldn't you take her body out? You could still get the money).

And finally, I'm still confident the Ramsey's either did it or helped cover it up. Whoever it was was confident enough to do whatever they did right in the home. I get the sense Jonbenet trusted this person as well, maybe why she didn't scream at first and wake everyone up. Thanks again!

We are closing this poll and starting another one. Hang tight. Poll is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member