Are there other victims?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thanks for that link .... I knew I had read more from that neighbor. I'll bet he has said a whole lot more to police also. Isn't he the one who refused to take money for telling his story? I wish he had some license plate numbers or names. And, you have to wonder why he used the term 'perverts' - I suspect LE has heard a much more graphic version than we have. :(

By definition, yes, it was a forced, abusive, non-consensual interaction between (alleged) humans, which is, by definition a relationship. No, it's not a word I would use, as it is not the most clear, accurate term to describe those interactions.

I understand that the usual connotation of the word "relationship" doesn't coincide with the dictionary definition. The word "relationship" doesn't only mean healthy, loving interactions, it simply means an interaction. Feel free to do further independent research regarding the definitions and usage of the term. I did not create the word, nor did I write the dictionary, and I cannot change the definition of the word simply because I feel uncomfortable about its meaning or the way someone is using it.

JC allegedly said that she "bonded" with PG so there was some sort of a non-consensual relationship which kept JC alive IMO. I believe that PG has other victims that are unable to speak unfortunately, or they would've been coming forward by now. Had JC not formed some sort of a bond with sicko PG she'd also be unable to speak IMO.

I've lost track of where this should be so I hope this is right.

http://www.examiner.com/x-1168-Crime-Examiner~y2009m9d6-Report-Garrido-held-drugfilled-orgies-in-backyard-where-Jaycee-Dugard-and-daughters-were-kept

The Antioch builder told the Daily Mail that Garrido made crystal meth using household utensils and frequently invited “perverts” to his home to regale in drugs, sex and drinking. Rogers went so far as to call the Garrido home a brothel.

On one occasion, Rogers said he watched a group of men carrying crates of beer, enter the Garrido backyard. He told the Mail they lit bonfires, played music, shouted, and laughed into the early morning hours.

That is another one of the sources repeating the story that originally appeared in a british tabloid. There appear to be two source stories in the mainstream US media citing Rogers, which mention loud parties but not much more than that (those reports are likely citing him more acurately than the Euro-tabloids). The main difference between the two US sources appears to be the type of property Rogers has, one set suggests that he lives there, the other describes him as running the storage unit operation adjacent to the Garrido property.

So the only one who talked about these parties is this Rogers guy? And he mentioned it to several news sources?

JULIE

So the only one who talked about these parties is this Rogers guy? And he mentioned it to several news sources?

JULIE

Go over to the Parties thread and you'll find more people. Here's a link to a video by CBS where Mike Rogers is reporting what he saw, "frequently", and "occasionally" heard screams. And catch at the end that the reporter says "other neighbors told us the same thing".

That is another one of the sources repeating the story that originally appeared in a british tabloid. There appear to be two source stories in the mainstream US media citing Rogers, which mention loud parties but not much more than that (those reports are likely citing him more acurately than the Euro-tabloids). The main difference between the two US sources appears to be the type of property Rogers has, one set suggests that he lives there, the other describes him as running the storage unit operation adjacent to the Garrido property.

Trying to pin this down on what is probably fact

What parcel is adjacent to Garrido that is a storage unit? You can see maps with parcel numbers here. If you put in Garridos parcel (051072007), you can then see the neighbors parcels
http://ccmap.us/gis/
I put maps with parcel number for the property and some adjoining parcels on the "Patricia Garrido" thread for various years if anyone wants to compare per storage unit operation

Here one us source ...
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2009/08/30/national/main5274804.shtml
Building contractor Mike Rogers owns a home with a backyard fence abutting part of Garrido's yard. He said he got offers for money from about three media organizations ranging from about $500 to $5,000, which he declined.

This leads me to believe it could be parcel 051072005.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TCHG8DTXto"]YouTube - Phillip Garrido Held Jaycee Dugard Captive and May Be Serial Killer[/ame]
Mike Rogers (looking through the fence)
  • owns the property behind Garridos
  • would often see groups of men over at the Garrido house
  • the parties were loud and occasionally he heard a woman scream
  • saw all the guys back there, high-fiving each other
  • they ask him, what were they doing and he says it's really hard to describe to you guys, it was bad
  • told his family members and they told him he was overreacting

http://www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=5273995n&tag=related;photovideo
also noting a fairly short fence?

This article has EXTENSIVE direct quotes from Rogers, maybe making it more credible?
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/479354/PAEDO-monster-Phillip-Garrido.html

Go over to the Parties thread and you'll find more people. Here's a link to a video by CBS where Mike Rogers is reporting what he saw, "frequently", and "occasionally" heard screams. And catch at the end that the reporter says "other neighbors told us the same thing".

Billie... I believe that video is the same as the youtube video I linked above

If you look at google maps, there are 7 properties that are "neighbors" to Garrido. There is a large plot of land to the north roughly the same dimensions as his property, which I'm guessing is the rental place that was included in the LE search. To the south the original plot appears to have been subdivided into 4 units, 3 of which adjoin the Garrido property. The eastern most one only adjoins the front section of the property and is not likely to have been able to see what was going on in the back yard. There are also two smaller subdivisions to the south with adjoin the back yard, and those folks are likely the only ones who would have noticed any wild parties.

On the west are 3 larger properties. The southern most one has a house on the western edge and some sort of light industrial operation going on in the back yard (sheds and trucks, paved surface). The northern most one has a house on the western edge and is fully paved in the back with a number of heavy trucks parked there. Again, some sort of light industrial operation. Both of these properties adjoin the Garrido property at the corners only, and are unlikely to be the source of "party" stories. The center property on the west has a house at the western edge, together with a swimming pool and groomed garden, but beyond that is an unkept wild area that is empty except for bushes. An abandoned car can be seen in it. Whoever lives at that property is unlikely to know what was happening at the Garido's, since it is clear that they don't spend much time, if any, in the back part of the yard.

That really leaves just two residential properties to the south that could have "witnessed" these parties. Rogers must live in one of those.

It would also be useful to know when exactly these parties took place. Was it recently, or many years ago? That would impact on the reliability of the witnesses.

If you look at google maps, there are 7 properties that are "neighbors" to Garrido. There is a large plot of land to the north roughly the same dimensions as his property, which I'm guessing is the rental place that was included in the LE search. To the south the original plot appears to have been subdivided into 4 units, 3 of which adjoin the Garrido property. The eastern most one only adjoins the front section of the property and is not likely to have been able to see what was going on in the back yard. There are also two smaller subdivisions to the south with adjoin the back yard, and those folks are likely the only ones who would have noticed any wild parties.

On the west are 3 larger properties. The southern most one has a house on the western edge and some sort of light industrial operation going on in the back yard (sheds and trucks, paved surface). The northern most one has a house on the western edge and is fully paved in the back with a number of heavy trucks parked there. Again, some sort of light industrial operation. Both of these properties adjoin the Garrido property at the corners only, and are unlikely to be the source of "party" stories. The center property on the west has a house at the western edge, together with a swimming pool and groomed garden, but beyond that is an unkept wild area that is empty except for bushes. An abandoned car can be seen in it. Whoever lives at that property is unlikely to know what was happening at the Garido's, since it is clear that they don't spend much time, if any, in the back part of the yard.

That really leaves just two residential properties to the south that could have "witnessed" these parties. Rogers must live in one of those.

It would also be useful to know when exactly these parties took place. Was it recently, or many years ago? That would impact on the reliability of the witnesses.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epy-Phil-drug-fuelled-orgies-hillbillies.html

Snipped from the above article:

After work each night, builder Mike Rogers liked to sit on his porch in Antioch, recover from the sweltering heat of the day and relax. But not when 'Creepy Phil' was having one of his strange parties.

For with FBI agents now digging-up Creepy Phil's backyard and exploring his neighbour's property, Mr Rogers shudders at the memory of the sounds he heard when it was 'party time' next door.
Mr Rogers says 'perverts' in the area were regularly invited over by Garrido for sex, beer and drug parties and that the Garrido home was, in effect, being used as a brothel.
He watched groups of men arriving at the house on hot summer nights. They carried

According to this article he either has to live on the left or right side of Garrido's property, because he said he saw the men arriving at the Garrido place and they are referring to him not liking to sit on his front porch when they arrived.

I've seen a few posts in different threads about the builder and I remember seeing him on TV.
In the first week of all this I read something somewhere and even though my search skills aren't bad and I have a lot of patience I've tried to find what I read, I've put a few hours into it, and I just can't find it.
I've almost posted this a few times and now, seeing as how some are talking about him on this page, I feel I have to mention it. Hopefully somebody else might of read the same piece.

OK I'll get to the point. I can't remember the words used but it was something like the niece of the builder said her uncle was either mistaken or was exaggerating. Something to that effect. I so wish I could find the link although maybe it's been removed now anyway.
Anybody else remember reading something similar?

I wasn't going to comment, but this DailyMail article is just absolutely putrid.
I guess I avoided it when it first appeared, because I don't remember seeing it before but now I understand where people are getting some of their ideas from.

I would say that it is 99% fabrication. We know for a fact that Rogers' property backs up to Garridos. (Time is correct, it is parcel no. 051072005) And, we know that Rogers' porch is on the front of his house, not the back, and that it hardly looks like a porch that one would go out and relax on. Nor is it a porch from which he could see all these men arriving at this neighbor's backyard, much less the neighbor's front yard. It totally baffles me how people can believe this stuff.

The whole article is just basically one falsehood after the other. I think what finally got to me was this: "As darkness fell on Saturday, people scurried from dusty yard to yard, buying and selling crystal meth."

There is nothing wrong with Antioch and the surrounding areas that isn't also wrong in thousands of other American towns. It is no better, it is no worse. And, there is no evidence of all this meth stuff going on in that neighborhood.

The News of the World one was bad, and it has never been associated, in all its long history with the word "credible". It seems to me that the story was pretty much made up, or took Rogers' basic story and embellished it. I read this article at the time, and thats how it seemed to me. It still seems that way. But, credible quotes because there are quote marks around them? No, I don't think so.

Anyone feel like looking on zillow to see if there are any pictures and descriptions of the Rogers house? Maybe he has a back porch.

Anyone feel like looking on zillow to see if there are any pictures and descriptions of the Rogers house? Maybe he has a back porch.

Yeah, porch could mean, deck in england. You know like, chips are french fries. :)

It's also been mentioned that it's mainly the U.K. media that has been paying for interviews. I find it hard to believe that Rogers turned down such a payment from the DailyMail article.

If Antioch is as bad as the DailyMail article implies and full of such filth, what makes Rogers any different? It's not like he couldn't lie and say he declined payment for his interview. Robinson, the other neighbor, said he "might" donate "some" of the money he made for his interviews, Rogers may have just decided it was best to keep his payment a secret....

I guess what I'm saying is, if Rogers is so honest and so honorable, why didn't he notify police when heard these screams from women on more than one occasion coming from these wild sex parties???? Because he's full of shhhhh.:angel:
I don't believe for one second Rogers declined payment.

Also, I don't buy the meth lab fire theory in the van at all. I, too, would like to know where there is evidence of "crank" being manufactured or used by P&N? Pillheads, maybe, but I don't know about meth. I'm pretty sure any drug charges would be included in the current charges as LE would have discovered the "lab" upon searching the place.

OK I'll get to the point. I can't remember the words used but it was something like the niece of the builder said her uncle was either mistaken or was exaggerating. Something to that effect. I so wish I could find the link although maybe it's been removed now anyway.
Anybody else remember reading something similar?

That would be interesting to know, but then again he said he consulted with family members about his concern and they told him he was overdoing it. So, it all basically leaves us nowhere because they have reason to say he wasn't quite telling the truth.

I suspect there were parties and he went in the back and looked. We don't know if he got paid by anyone or not, he says he didn't but maybe he did. I'm not sure he said the stuff about the meth and spoons or if I believe that is true. Maybe not, but Garrido has a history of taking several different hard drugs. Maybe he did just switch to prescription drugs, but I wouldn't doubt IF there were groups of men out there they THEY were taking drugs.

At any rate, I think we have determined where he actually lived.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...epy-Phil-drug-fuelled-orgies-hillbillies.html
<snip>

According to this article he either has to live on the left or right side of Garrido's property, because he said he saw the men arriving at the Garrido place and they are referring to him not liking to sit on his front porch when they arrived.

Dang... just when I thought we knew where he lived. I wonder if the news got it wrong or ....? My weird thought is that they were parking at his place and entering through the back fence! I know, I have a vivid imagination.

That article is 100% wrong on that particular detail. It is 99% wrong on all the other details.

Didn't the neighbor whose house was searched live in the house next to Garrido to the North?

I can't figure out how to get a picture in here I hope this works.

I think I attached a view of the Garrido house with the neighbors properties showing.

Attachments

• garrido goog earth.jpg
    garrido goog earth.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 12

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members