Are there other victims?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
OK I'll get to the point. I can't remember the words used but it was something like the niece of the builder said her uncle was either mistaken or was exaggerating. Something to that effect. I so wish I could find the link although maybe it's been removed now anyway.
Anybody else remember reading something similar?

There was a report I remember reading about the tabloid reporting during that period, and a female family member of one of the neighbors was saying that the neighbor was mad because what they had said had been distorted and exagerated. It may have been this guy, I don't recall, but I think it was in reference to the parties.

I had not seen this picture of Phillip Garrido, I believe it was orginally posted by ChaCha in the picture thread. Does anyone know what year this picture was taken? I would like to know if it was taken from any of the years of unsolved crimes that LE is trying to connect to him. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20090829__jayceesatpix~1_GALLERY.JPG.jpg
    20090829__jayceesatpix~1_GALLERY.JPG.jpg
    3.5 KB · Views: 14
Would that possibly have been after he got out of prison and before he kidnapped Jaycee.

(actually the site I linked before says he is a young man in this pic, so pre 1976?)

1976?

image5292997x.jpg

http:///2009/09/03/philip-garridos-blog/

Oops.... I guess this was when he was released 1988? 1.22.1988

Phillip_Garrido_1988%282%29.jpg

Would that possibly have been after he got out of prison and before he kidnapped Jaycee.

I don't know, hopefully ChaCha who posted it will know. I have no idea where it came from and haven't seen it anywhere else. To me he looks younger in this picture than the one of him and Nancy in the "jail wedding" picture. So, I was wondering if this was before he went to prison or after. I know his arrest picture showed him with long hair in 76, but I wonder if he wore it shorter before that, like 72/73 and then let it grow out. I hope someone knows. It looks like he has a history of short and long hair styles.

Good point Bille... a lot of sources keep claiming that last pic I posted is from 1976 also, but maybe they are just perpetuating a mistake as his hairline would look more like that in 1988 when he was released.

Good point Bille... a lot of sources keep claiming that last pic I posted is from 1976 also, but maybe they are just perpetuating a mistake as his hairline would look more like that in 1988 when he was released.

Yeah, that's why the one posted by ChaCha looks younger to me. Which really makes me wonder if he intentionally changed his hair length often, because hair can really make a difference in a person's initial appearance. If you go to the picture/video's thread and click on it it comes up a little larger. I brought it over here the only way I could figure out how. It's on this page:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88250&page=2

Yeah... I'd say that is a younger pic, the mustache is not nearly as heavy but I'm having a tough time figuring out the hairline looking too receding on some of these for the ages, but maybe it initially receded and then stayed about the same for quite a while (well, and that one of him and nancy he may have combed it just right).

Yeah... I'd say that is a younger pic, the mustache is not nearly as heavy but I'm having a tough time figuring out the hairline looking too receding on some of these for the ages, but maybe it initially receded and then stayed about the same for quite a while (well, and that one of him and nancy he may have combed it just right).

Apparently, the picture came from here:
http://behindblondiepark.com/2009/09/01/jaycee-lee-dugard-search-philip-garridos-home/
and it says it came from Phillip's own press release titled Voices are Real. Unfortunately, he put it there himself, so we may never know what year it's from. Has anyone here seen that press release?

Never mind, found it, it's here: http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cach...eal"+"press+release"&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88271&page=4

"Once Old Highway 4 crosses over Loveridge Avenue, the name changes to 14th Street, Pittsburg. The road area has also been slightly re-configured around here since 1998 but 24 year old Jessica Frederick was found at Harbor Street near Old Highway 4."

Elm is about 1/2 block off 14th

1384 Elm St - Address Distances

4 miles - - Lisa Norrell (111 West 10th Street )

1.5 miles - Rachel Cruise (2700 California Avenue, Pittsburg)

1 miles - Jessica Frederick (possibly ruled out - 516 E. 14th Street)

1.2 miles from Recyling Center (1501 Loveridge Road)

I couldn't quickly find the other addresses AND I only find 6/10 prostitutes listed? News says 10, at least in some places.

@ time and Natal

I'm glad it seems you both remember something about Rogers 'overdoing' it.
After I posted I spent another couple of hours trying to find the piece. No luck.

The niece would be the daughter of Dean Rogers, I assume, who is Mike Rogers brother and lives close by (I've read elsewhere)

I know the part about the niece was right at the end of the article. I guess it's obvious why it's hard to find the quote. There was quite a bit wrote about what Mike Rogers originally said and very few of them would have spoke up a couple of days later and said something like 'oh that piece where we interviewed M. Rogers, well it turns out he was overdoing it'.

We need to not forget that Lisa Norell's aunt's father (whatever relation that would make her) lived either next door or two doors down from PG. During LEs search of the property she posted a "flyer" about Lisa on her father's fence for the media to see.

We need to not forget that Lisa Norell's aunt's father (whatever relation that would make her) lived either next door or two doors down from PG. During LEs search of the property she posted a "flyer" about Lisa on her father's fence for the media to see.

Thanks, I did not know that, is that report here?

I ran across this cold case in San Jose that I have never heard about

Case: 74-216-0006
Date: October 12, 1974
Victim: Doreen St. German

Doreen was a 16 year old runaway from Connecticut. She had been living in the Monterey area. She was seen in Pacific Grove on the evening of her murder. Her body was found in the street at about 10:30PM in San Jose.

I don't know if this has been posted somewhere or where to post it, but it is very interesting

Jaycee Dugard and Sharon Marshall: A life held captive
http://www.examiner.com/x-7403-Tamp...-resembles-Franklin-Floyd-and-Sharon-Marshall

"The difference between the two, however, is that Sharon Marshall was killed, most likely by Franklin Floyd who now sits on Florida’s death row, convicted in a different murder. Another factor that separates Jaycee Lee Dugard from Sharon Marshall is that no one is truly certain who Sharon Marshall was."

Evidently Franklin moved to different states including Oklahoma and Arizona - at some point they ended up in Hillsborough County, Florida, 1988 (isn't that where that darn detective who kept dissing photos of Johnny Gosch is?)

Sharon Marshall gave birth to a little boy on March 21, 1988; she named him Michael Anthony Hughes. The name is attributed to another alias that both Franklin Floyd and Sharon Marshall were using. When Sharon Marshall gave birth to Michael, Franklin Floyd was using the name Clarence Marcus Hughes and Charles Hughes. Sharon Marshall was using the name Tonya Dawn Tadlock. Though Franklin Floyd claimed to be Sharon’s father, he also claimed that he was Michael’s father as well

Here's two stories about Lisa's mom being there, the both have a little different information, so I'm posting both.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/us_and_americas/article6815621.ece

http://www.insidebayarea.com/dublin/ci_13427990

Thanks, time. "She added that Garrido lived next door to one of her relatives, whose home she visited regularly for family functions. “There will never be closure but there will be an end,” she told television news reporters."

"Russo taped fliers to the chain-link fence on the property reminding people of Lisa's case. They included clothing and a jewelry description, the dress and shoes she took to a quinceanera practice in Antioch, and a $60,000 reward."

It seems like too much of a coincidence to me.

I also bumped another thread with some info.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prettyuglybefore
Back