Are YOU KIDDING ME?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
tri2005 said:
southerners
tri
That was a pretty bigotted comment. I assume things like this happen all over the country, all over the world for that matter.

:laugh:
tri2005 said:
southerners
tri
Uh oh, Tri.....I have a feeling you're gonna get it for that one!:p

Edited to add: You are right Lizzybeth, people make crazy decisions EVERYWHERE! North, South, East, and West. It's the PEOPLE making the crazy decisions, not WHERE they happen to habitate.

lizzybeth said:
I'm really getting tired of the media. It seems they are enjoying dragging this out too much. Giving snippets and then nothing until the next time they decide to report something. Who knows maybe they did ask and they're just saving it for another show.

doh.gif
I agree. The media does suck. Someone posted on another thread that some stations gave snippets of "Breaking News" in JMK case, and when it got time to announce what it was, they said their "Breaking News was that there WASN'T any breaking news." Please!

im from arkansas and now live in bama, i assure you its not commonplace around here. folks i talk to found it just as bizzare as i do.

as far as the comment about my sizing up the ex and her looking dishonest, this is a message board, i am a member and its only my opinion....which im entitled to.

lizzybeth said:
That was a pretty bigotted comment. I assume things like this happen all over the country, all over the world for that matter.

I'm from New Jersey. I never knew or heard of anyone who got married at 13.....or 14.......or 15.

julianne said:
:laugh:
Uh oh, Tri.....I have a feeling you're gonna get it for that one!:p

Edited to add: You are right Lizzybeth, people make crazy decisions EVERYWHERE! North, South, East, and West. It's the PEOPLE making the crazy decisions, not WHERE they happen to habitate.
Agreed. I think it is more common in rural, small town settings though where class sizes are smaller and dating options are fewer among people the same age. Also, you see more young marriages in areas of the country that are more religious - the old "shotgun wedding" situation. Based on those two factors I would have to say it's likely to be more common in the South than the North or either coast.

But you do see it all over, and on all 6 inhabited continents. A famous yet scandelous romance most people know about is the Sergei Fedorov - Ana Kournikova one. Ana was what, 14 or so when they first started seeing each other, and Sergei was 22-24ish.

wenchie said:
I'm from New Jersey. I never knew or heard of anyone who got married at 13.....or 14.......or 15.
Doesn't mean it never happened. We never would have known about this woman marrying at thirteen if her ex hadn't confessed to a high-profile crime. Then again there are some things that happen in Jersey that probably don't happen here in VA. I consider VA south even though it's probably more Mid-Atlantic.

It doesn't matter. It was a silly comment and probably meant to incite Southerners.

I don't think you'll see it "all over" because it's not legal "all over".

In NJ, the legal age is sixteen.

From what I saw, the parents did everything possible to prevent it. Karr had their daughter completely fooled and she was infatuated with him.

My cousin married a real nut case. At a certain point, her parents had to shut up and go along so they could maintain contact with their daughter and eventually, their grandchildren. They just kept the door open so when she was ready and able to stand up to him and come home, she could, and she did.

It sounded as if those parents were doing the best they could with a nightmare situation as well.

ragland said:
as far as the comment about my sizing up the ex and her looking dishonest, this is a message board, i am a member and its only my opinion....which im entitled to.
No worries, lol! I didn't question whether or not you were entitled to post what you did. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and as a member you can post that.

You said that the ex had very dishonest eyes, and I wanted to know why you felt that way, and asked what describes "dishonest" eyes versus what described "honest" eyes.:confused: You certainly don't have to answer and that's perfectly fine, but your reply indicates that you feel that I was attacking you, and I was not. Just asking, that's all.

wenchie said:
Perhaps at that time, at that place, in that age group - that was a normal haircut at the time.

I still say that this is all some huge psychology experiment, to see just how easy it is to change people's perception of things, and how easily we are swayed (even to the point of hallucination), by the media.

Wenchie--that's sooo true! Ha ha, Mullets (as bad as they are) really WERE in style back in the 80's, big time! Just look at the music videos from that time...every "hot" guy was sporting an equally hot mullet! Funny how things change....THANK GOD things change!:laugh:

Do you REALLY think this is all part of some huge psychology experiment? REALLY? That would be totally crazy!!! Although I don't think it would be true, who knows, maybe it is!!! Everyone on this board would fail miserably (myself included)....okay, maybe not everyone.

calus_3 said:
Wrong, option C:

You do what I did when an above aged kid was stalking my underaged neice. You find out where he hangs out, pay him a visit and explain things to him. If he is responsive, nothing else is required. If he isn't responsive and bows up on you, you beat the ever loving snot out of him. When he is down on the ground begging for you to stop, you 'hobble' him and warn him that if he ever bothers your neice again, you will hurt him in ways that he never thought possible. Then you help him up, help him dust himself off, and bid him a good day.

It helps if he has a history with the law and wouldn't be inclined to call them on you for doing the latter to him.

I still see him from time to time in town...he is a local punk....he always goes out of his way to be polite and stay out of arm's reach! :D

I love being linebacker sized.

Cal
Which gives us another option:

D. Call Cal for help.

:)

In reference to his wives being attractive or not.

They must have dolled her up with some top quality proffesionals because I have seen this woman in 2 other interviews and she is lot's of things but attractive isn't one of them.

Speaking as someone who is from Alabama, she's your typical Alabama backroads hick and not even an attractive one by their standards at that.

(sits back and waits for the attacks to come)

I still don't believe the pertinent thing about and her marriage to JRK or his marriage to young beauties of as import as that he signed her letters with S.B.T.C. that's the bigger picture.

if it's recalled correctly.

what are the odds the ransom note and his old letters have S.B.T.C?

IMO.

"Interesting that many of the letters to her were signed SBTC."

My first thought is let's see the supposed letters.

lizzybeth said:
I wondered too when the mother said they remembered letters signed SBTC why the interviewer didn't ask what those letters meant. Their daughter had to have known what he meant by the initials. If you rec'd a letter from someone, like a boyfriend, and they put some letters at the end and you didn't know what they meant wouldn't you ask?

I'm really getting tired of the media. It seems they are enjoying dragging this out too much. Giving snippets and then nothing until the next time they decide to report something. Who knows maybe they did ask and they're just saving it for another show.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/images/smilies/doh.gif
It frustrates me too, but to be fair to the media, they come out with these shocking tidbits in dribbles because that is how the people from his past are gradually going to the media with what they have. One goes to ABC, one goes to a newspaper, and so on. Then they get an exclusive, then in a short while the whole world runs the story. The girl who found he wrote in her yearbook was shocked when she realized it, and it took her a while even to decide to go to the media. The woman Wendy Hutchens had already been brushed off by the police 5 years before, and so she is insisting on being paid for what she has and why should we begrudge her, she probably could use the money. She has vital information that CNN in my opinion could afford to pay her for...Nancy Grace was acting like it was a grossly selfish thing for the woman to expect to be paid for tapes that were going to be played on major networks and would be a key element in the case. The woman went to the effort of making herself listen to things that made her vomit, to help the police and they just didn't care. Time for her to be vindicated for knowing she had something and holding on to it.

I am sure thousands of people who were in his life and even abused by him have stories to tell and some of them don't even want to go to the media. But as more and more of them do, we get more of a picture of his personality and life. Like the maid finding his estrogen yesterday. I don't blame the networks. I am very happy with the free press making it possible for these things to even be brought to the networks and press, when the police are not telling us what they have.

Beyond Belief said:
We are effected by the media.

Anyway, still looking to resolve: SBTC

So Beware, Take Care

Words from a song:
One day love
I have thought about this a bit too. And lets just say that the killer was JMK or some one like him who researched other crimes.

At that time there was still an unsolved killer out there who signed notes BTK for bind kill torture, what if the JB killer meant Strangle, Bind, Torture, Child or Children?

julianne said:
Wenchie--that's sooo true! Ha ha, Mullets (as bad as they are) really WERE in style back in the 80's, big time! Just look at the music videos from that time...every "hot" guy was sporting an equally hot mullet! Funny how things change....THANK GOD things change!:laugh:

Do you REALLY think this is all part of some huge psychology experiment? REALLY? That would be totally crazy!!! Although I don't think it would be true, who knows, maybe it is!!! Everyone on this board would fail miserably (myself included)....okay, maybe not everyone.

I don't really think it's a planned experiment, but it's going to provide a lot of fodder for psych papers in the near future.

On the first night, we heard "DNA matches!" and everyone believed it. Then the wife said she might have some Christmas photos of him, and the ex-wife's mother said she "thinks" Karr signed some letters with SBTC - and everyone's talking about it as if it's FACT. Karr says he was at the Ramsey's Christmas party, and even though we KNOW that's not true, and that if he WAS he would have been thoroughly investigated a long time ago - people still believe it!

The most telling thing (to me) is that it's obvious that it's IMPOSSIBLE for this guy to have done the crime - and yet people want to believe it so badly that if 85 people said they saw him on Christmas day of 1996, they'd STILL be trying to figure out ways he could have gone to Colorado that day.

Actually, that's not true: the most telling thing to me is that it's obvious that NO ONE other than the Ramseys were in the home that night. There's not one speck of evidence of an intruder (as for the teeny bit of DNA - I'd bet that all of us have all kinds of unidentified DNA on our body every day of our lives - from touching items in a store, etc.).

This guy wasn't there. He didn't know the Ramseys. His brother didn't know the Ramseys. He'd never HEARD of the Ramseys til after Jonbenet's murder (just like the rest of us).

And the media coverage is reminding me more and more of the media coverage spoofed in "Natural Born Killers".

my apologies if i took you wrong, i tend to believe that shes dishonest based on the fact that she wont look anyone in the eye and when stating something like a fact she goes into a baby like regressive talk and almost a whisper. something to me doesnt seem right.

julianne said:
No worries, lol! I didn't question whether or not you were entitled to post what you did. Of course you are entitled to your opinion and as a member you can post that.

You said that the ex had very dishonest eyes, and I wanted to know why you felt that way, and asked what describes "dishonest" eyes versus what described "honest" eyes.:confused: You certainly don't have to answer and that's perfectly fine, but your reply indicates that you feel that I was attacking you, and I was not. Just asking, that's all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back