Are you planning on attending Caylee's public memorial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will you attend Caylee's public memorial?

• Yes

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • No

Votes: 295 94.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cannot attend the memorial (too far away) but I have a feeling the tears will be rolling freely down my face as I hug and kiss my 6 year-old before she heads to school. I will once again hold Caylee up in prayer to our Lord Jesus Christ and pray for justice in her blessed name.

I have to pass by there later in the day and could easily go but I can't bring myself to participate in yet another attempt to exploit the memory of that poor little girl.

True dignity would have been a private family service and that's it.

I'm disgusted that this public event is going to happen and I heard through the local grapevine (I do business with an elder of the church) that there are some airing rights currently being negotiated.

Poor little Caylee is nothing but an ATM card to that family and its nauseating.
I feel the same way.
I think they will use it to eulogize Casey with photographs of mom and baby. Once inside you feel captive to their propaganda.

Sorry, let me clarify... I meant physically attend the memorial at the church. I'm abt. 2.5 hrs. SE of there so I won't be attending. I have to work so I won't be able to watch it, although I have a feeling like some of you do as well, that this may turn into another circus and not be what it's intended to be.

No - I do not think this should be for the public.

No, I will not attend the public memorial. I cringe just thinking about what a circus it is going to be and have no interest in being part of it. I am not going to be watching it on TV either.

I predict things are going to get ugly there at some point, don't know who will start it or what the ugly will consist of, but I do not have a good feeling about it at all.

I agree. I'm afraid it's going to be used to draw attention to the other Anthonys, instead of a true memorial. I hope I'm wrong.

No way. Even if I lived in Orlawndo, I would not attend. It just wouldn't feel right... Too much like a show or something! I don't know why exactly,just doesn't seem like it's any of my business. (I've said lots of quiet prayers for this family and that seemed to work just as good).

I might feel different if I had participated in the actual search but I bet it's going to be a big hooplah mess instead of something special or meaningful.

I have to pass by there later in the day and could easily go but I can't bring myself to participate in yet another attempt to exploit the memory of that poor little girl.

I'm disgusted that this public event is going to happen and I heard through the local grapevine (I do business with an elder of the church) that there are some airing rights currently being negotiated.

Poor little Caylee is nothing but an ATM card to that family and its nauseating.

I agree with everything you have stated, pirate! I would not go even if I lived in Orlando.

Actually, I would not be surprised if the Anthony's just do a taped statement 'on the big screen' and not be there in person.

I see no reason why people cannot take their cell phones inside if they are on vibrate. What if someone gets an unexpected emergency phone call?

I also will not be surprised if tapes of the memorial service will be for sale under the guise of being for those who could not attend in person. I guarantee you that the exclusive 'rights' to a video of that service has or will be sold to some show.

Some people may not get the 'closure' they expect after attending the service. There will still be the news everyday and the trial to get through. The trial is going to be upsetting because we will be hearing so many sad and maddening things. The trial will open up a harsh, deeper wound to everyone's feelings for Caylee.

So I do feel this is a manipulated circus.

MOO, IMO, & JMO

No way. Even if I lived in Orlawndo, I would not attend. It just wouldn't feel right... Too much like a show or something! I don't know why exactly,just doesn't seem like it's any of my business. (I've said lots of quiet prayers for this family and that seemed to work just as good).

I might feel different if I had participated in the actual search but I bet it's going to be a big hooplah mess instead of something special or meaningful.

I know what you mean, Nashville. I would prob. feel uncomfortable being there while Caylee's family was grieving for her, knowing I never knew Caylee personally, KWIM? I used to think it was a good idea to televise it for everyone to see/grieve/pray but I've since changed my mind. I don't think Caylee's funeral/memorial should be broadcasted as it should be a private thing shared among Caylee's family and friends.

I can't help but wonder, though, if folks like Yuri M., Leonard P., Tim M., etc. will attend?

Too far for me, too! Driving from California to Fla is just not feasible and the budget won't fit in airfare. I will be watch via livestream and will be there in spirit for little Caylee.

Amen and Amen !

Wow great response's from all here.
Hmmm you guy's are makin me stop and re-think :waitasec:

I guess I was thinking of it more along the lines of say the Laci/Conner Peterson memorial. But you know what your right not even in the same class.

I was thinking that the memorial I would watch for my own reasons......now if they were to broadcast the funeral I would have to say no way would I watch way to personal and would have the circus feeling. But I am thinking you all may be right on the money here about this becoming a free for all with the true purpose lost somewhere along the way.

I was a little scared I was going to get crucified for saying what I really feel about it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I don't think the memorial should be public nor should it be on TV. Just because this case has turned into a fiasco, does not mean that the memorial should also. I just feel Caylee deserves more than a public show. This is my opinion only. If she were my grandchild, I would not want it like this.

I was a little scared I was going to get crucified for saying what I really feel about it. I'm glad I'm not the only one.

Nope you made me stop in my tracks and rethink my feelings :blowkiss:

No. I won't be attending. Not only am I on the opposite end of the country but I also don't think it would be appropriate.

As much as I am interested in the case, it just strikes me as unseemly for people who are not members of the family or their circle of friends to get involved to that extent.

Must be my British heritage. We're kind of stuffy about things like that. :)

~*

I agree with you! I think it should be private! It's going to turn into a big circus.

I wouldn't go if I lived right next door. I have a feeling this memorial will not be all about Caylee.

I see in my head a 10-20 minute photo/video montage being played filled with tons of pictures of Casey and Caylee. It will be the beginning of their "mother of the year" tour and "look how much she loved her, she couldn't be guilty!"

A video feed to the potential jury pool that will be more about defending Casey than honoring baby Caylee.

jmo

No, I would not go. This is far from being about Caylee, IMO. I've already paid my respects.

I agree with you, I don't think this will be for/about Caylee. Boy, I hate being so cynical, but this whole case has left me that way.

I know what you mean, Nashville. I would prob. feel uncomfortable being there while Caylee's family was grieving for her, knowing I never knew Caylee personally, KWIM? I used to think it was a good idea to televise it for everyone to see/grieve/pray but I've since changed my mind. I don't think Caylee's funeral/memorial should be broadcasted as it should be a private thing shared among Caylee's family and friends.

I can't help but wonder, though, if folks like Yuri M., Leonard P., Tim M., etc. will attend?

I am sure they are on the list of not being able to attend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj