Are you planning on attending Caylee's public memorial?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Will you attend Caylee's public memorial?

• Yes

Votes: 11 3.5%
  • No

Votes: 295 94.6%
  • Maybe

Votes: 6 1.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I lived in the area I would attend, but I plan to watch it on the live feed. I'll send my deepest sympathies now to George, Cindy, Lee and family for the loss of their beloved Caylee. I'm sure it will be a beautiful and touching service. So much sadness in my heart for this bright little girl.

It may be a nice service, but it may also contain happy videos of Caylee with Casey (as found on YouTube), and if she does that - oh boy.

I don't live in Florida, nor can I travel due to health reasons, but even if I could physically attend, I wouldn't. I won't watch any of the coverage on TV or on the internet.

WFTV is the only local station with coverage - all others have to take from a media pool feed. As soon as I saw this reported, I wondered about money changing hands.

Upon checking, I found that WFTV's national affiliate is CNN. Now it's been announced that CNN will have coverage from 10am to noon.

CNN 'owns' HLN and shows including LKL and NG. Now It's been announced that following the memorial service, starting at noon, NG will have a special show.

This all makes me very comfortable, as I strongly suspect that money is changing hands for Caylee's memorial service. As if that wouldn't be bad enough, I fear that monies from this may go to KC's defense, particularly because of the recent reports that JB is hawking Caylee's pictures to pay for KC's defense.

I can't find it within myself to take a chance on contributing to the commoditization of Caylee. It is just such an aborrhent thing. If it's later confirmed that money changed hands, and I had participated, despite my suspicions, well, I just couldn't stand the feelings of guilt and sorrow I would have.

I have grieved in many ways all these months for Caylee. There will be no closure or healing for me for this precious baby. I will continue to grieve for Caylee, probably for the rest of my life. I'm okay with that. I know from my life experience that I can live with sadness and sorrow. I have a lot harder time living with guilt.

These are just my own thoughts and feelings. Not saying I want anybody else to think or feel as I do about it. MOO and all that.

Jbean, this goes to the CNN and NG angle. Another post brought to attention that the NG show has been showing new pictures of Caylee recently. I watched the repeat last night and I have to agree. I don't understand how all of this works, but it feels icky.

They said on one of the news channels (sorry, no link) that the parking lot of the church was supposed to open at 4 a.m. and the doors to the church are expected to open around 8 a.m.

That sealed the deal for me that I won't be attending. It is going to be a zoo.

They said on one of the news channels (sorry, no link) that the parking lot of the church was supposed to open at 4 a.m. and the doors to the church are expected to open around 8 a.m.

Unfortunately, I agree. I wish it wasn't the case.

Anyone that would like to stage a protest, knock yourself out. Just don't post about it here or use this forum for your agenda.

Huh, I'll be so surprised if there are more people than were searching, and that topped out at around 1500 I think. Well, I've been wrong before!

I will be attending to memorial for Caylee.

Mostly because I live close enough to Orlando (two hour drive) to be able to attend. I 100% understand why some choose not to attend and I 100% respect that decision.

I have no idea what is going to happen? I would hope that the people who do choose to attend respect Caylee enough to not allow their emotions towards the Anthony family to tarnish what this memorial is supposed to be about and that is Caylee.

I have prepared myself if the Anthony family chooses to make this memorial for Caylee about Casey. I'm just not going to allow it to get to me. I, if I have a chance, will offer my sympathy to the Anthony's for the loss of Caylee. I will take all my anger and hate that I have for Casey and put it aside for that day because I am sure that is something that Caylee would want. I would hope that those that do choose to attend would do the same.

It would be devastating if someone (anyone) would take this time to attack the Anthony family in any way... even verbally. It is not the time or place for such behavior.

I do not like that Cindy has banned certain people from attending this memorial. I also do not think the church should have agreed with that request but, like I said, I'm going to put aside my ill feelings for the Anthony family to pay my final respects to Miss Caylee Marie.

:clap:

I would not attend even if I were in Orlando. If I really felt this memorial would be ONLY about Caylee with ONLY heart felt prayers, I would attend. I feel this memorial will be nothing more than a huge production, something that should be beautiful turned into nothing more than a gawking event.

God hears your prayers no matter where you are. If you have little ones, take them to the park or do something else special with them & as you do, say a prayer for Caylee ( again. ) Me, I will probably take my dogs for a walk, taking in all the beauty God has created & say a prayer for Caylee ( again.)

I sent a check last week to TES since I know so much of their resources went for Caylee's search. I will send another one with a pretty prayer card on Tuesday. I think Caylee would want a silent prayer & a thank you to TES and everyone else who cared so much. So my check is in honor of Caylee & all of you who fell in love with this child. I want Tim's mission to continue so he may bring home loved ones of those who truely want them found. Caylee wouldnt want another child left out like garbage to rot in the sun, wind, rain.
God Bless her little soul & she know's she IS loved. As Tim say's "lost is not alone." Caylee is lost to all of us, we will never know the great things she might have done with her life, but our Caylee is not alone & she never was, she always had the angels there with her.

I would not attend even if I were in Orlando. If I really felt this memorial would be ONLY about Caylee with ONLY heart felt prayers, I would attend. I feel this memorial will be nothing more than a huge production, something that should be beautiful turned into nothing more than a gawking event.

God hears your prayers no matter where you are. If you have little ones, take them to the park or do something else special with them & as you do, say a prayer for Caylee ( again. ) Me, I will probably take my dogs for a walk, taking in all the beauty God has created & say a prayer for Caylee ( again.)

I sent a check last week to TES since I know so much of their resources went for Caylee's search. I will send another one with a pretty prayer card on Tuesday. I think Caylee would want a silent prayer & a thank you to TES and everyone else who cared so much. So my check is in honor of Caylee & all of you who fell in love with this child. I want Tim's mission to continue so he may bring home loved ones of those who truely want them found. Caylee wouldnt want another child left out like garbage to rot in the sun, wind, rain.
God Bless her little soul & she know's she IS loved. As Tim say's "lost is not alone." Caylee is lost to all of us, we will never know the great things she might have done with her life, but our Caylee is not alone & she never was, she always had the angels there with her.
Oh, LeLe...so beautiful. Thank you.

I don't think the memorial should be public nor should it be on TV. Just because this case has turned into a fiasco, does not mean that the memorial should also. I just feel Caylee deserves more than a public show. This is my opinion only. If she were my grandchild, I would not want it like this.

Ditto~

No, even if I lived in Orlando I wouldn't go. But not because I haven't been touched by what a beautiful precious little girl Caylee was, and what a tragedy that she had to die needlessly. I think I'll take my twin 2yr old grandbabies to the park and cherish them in honor of little Caylee. I know there are thousands of people who would have loved to take care of her.

No, I will not attend, even if I lived in the state of Florida, I would not attend.
I will not watch it via television either. I will however go to Florida when it comes time for trial. I will want to see the wheels of justice, dignity and respect finally turn for Caylee and a courtroom is the only place this is going to happen IMO.

I so hope the memorial is for and about honoring Caylee.

I hope I have the sense to turn off the TV if it glorifies mom of the year so I do not blow out a blood vessel.

Snipped - from Bathbuddys post #114:

"Well the difference is that if I watch it live, it means that I support this circus.
I may or may not watch it at a later date, but if I do tune in, it supports the network that is going to allow this to be on TV."

I'm not understanding your reasoning...but if that is the way you feel,that's fine with me.

:clap:I didn't vote but I agree with both of you. I have experienced enough personel tragedy that I don't feel that I should be involved with someone else's grief. I like both of you mourned for Caylee in my own way when she was found, I don't need to see the A's tragedy. My only hope at this point is justice for Caylee. I am going to be in Orlando tomorrow for my daughter's dance try out and I will be going to the general area of the A's to answer a few questions that I have regarding the case that I can wrap my mind around how and when Caylee's body was dumped. The fact that no one saw KC's car and the cut through to go to TL place, and of course the Amscott. I hope the memorial will help the A's heal, along with anyone else that wants to be involved but my only concern is the case of murder against KC and justice for Caylee.

Did you note anything that struck you as odd or gave you a weird gut feeling while checking out the area? I hope you share your feelings with us, no matter how obscure or even if you got no "feelings". Be our eyes and ears please. Thank you and take care.

I live in the area and as much as I would like to be able to honor Caylee's life, I feel as if this public service is just another attempt to capitalize on her. I plan on spending the day quietly in prayer.

If I lived there in Orlando I might attend the service because I'm Baptist and feel like it would be a good thing to do. Because it is being held in a church, I have faith that the service will have Heaven and hope as subjects and that it won't be a circus. That is, if the preacher is allowed to do most of the talking and security keeps media and a few characters out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vaehj