Arizona girl, 2, left in car by father on 109-degree day and is found dead

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Yes. This was not a first-time forgotten child in the back seat.

This was a child deliberately left in the back seat as a routine and not the only child this routinely happened to.

I note that he has been released to the home on bail, with the stipulations he avoid firearms or alcohol.

If I were the wife, I might want to have another family member present in the home to make sure CS did not do something even more stupid.

Oh, and take away the Playstation.
She took a leave, so she is the "family member present." She seems co-dependent or something with him though. Very odd vibe to both in all this. My heart goes out to the older 2 girls. JMOO.

That doesn't look like a huge home that essentially has a separate living quarters he could use ( ie a mother-in-law place)

How is he going to avoid the other two children if he is still at home? Confine himself to an extra bedroom? Sit and watch TV all day and skulk about the kitchen at night? Does he get a car to drive? Can he go to stay with someone else?
He doesn't have to avoid them, he can't be alone with them as a caregiver. There were no prohibitions re: driving. I assume his SUV is currently impounded but mom has a Tesla and is on leave from work.

RSBM

She can't be covering for him, pretending it was just a freak accident or mistake

She is planning a funeral for her baby while trying to care for two other young children and guide them through this, so I really think there has been no time to process this yet, and she should be given complete compassion. I don't know how I would act if in her shoes.

RSBM

She is planning a funeral for her baby while trying to care for two other young children and guide them through this, so I really think there has been no time to process this yet, and she should be given complete compassion. I don't know how I would act if in her shoes.
Going by the wording of her pleading in court, imo supporting him as though he's one of her children. (Imo) So, i think it's fair to critique that aspect, while retaining sympathy for losing her baby.

The emergency call has weighed heavily on every officer and paramedic who responded to the home in Marana, said Capt. Tim Brunenkant, who has been with the department for 29 years. He said the call is the first such incident to occur in the town during his tenure.

2024 Hot Car Deaths​

#​

Date​

City​

State​

Child Sex​

Child Age​

Circumstances​

Link​

117/15/24LakewoodNJUNK2 mosLeftMore info
107/10/24OmahaNEM5 yrsUNKMore info
97/9/24MaranaAZF2 yrsKnowingly LeftMore info
87/7/24Little RockARM2 yrsKnowingly LeftMore info
77/3/24HoustonTXUNK4 yrsUnknowingly leftMore info
67/2/24MarriettaGAM2 yrsUNKMore info
56/26/24CharlotteNCF8 yrsKnowingly LeftMore info
46/13/24SanteeCAUNK2 mosUnknowingly LeftMore info
35/22/24MorgantownWVFUNKUnknowingly leftMore info
25/20/24BradentonFLF6 yrsKnowingly LeftMore info
15/3/24Richland CountySCF3 yrsGained accessMore info
Pending Cause of Death6/25/24Perry CountyMSM3 yrsUNKMore info
Pending Cause of Death6/14/24WashingtonDCM4 yrsUNKMore info
Pending Cause of Death6/7/24IndialanticFLUNK3 yrsUNKMore info

Mother's & Father's Texts. When? Where?
The texts were exchanged on the way to the hospital, while the baby's body was also enroute....
sbm @NuttMegg Thx for your post. :)

If MSM quote of LE's complaint's quote of text* is accurate, is a bit unusual that TEXT has full sentences, std. grammar, NO abbreviations? Maybe w med training & experience, she maintains calm demeanor regardless of circumstances?
And HIS responding texts, w no abbrev's, etc?

HOW did they go to hosp? Why text in transit?
A. Did both Mo. & Fa. ride in AMBU. TOGETHER?
If so, is it likely she since that text* in ambu, w him right there? Unless one parent was in ambu med bay & other in front cab, they could talk or whisper to ea other, so why text?

B. SEPARATELY, w Mo. in ambu & Fa. driving car?
Or would she have been focussing only on dau, perhaps offering guidance, wanted or unwanted, to EMTs?

C. If they went to hosp together in ONE CAR then why TEXT instead of talk? Unless they had dau(s) w them?

D. Other way to hosp, e.g., Uber, neighbor, relative? Together or separately?

Both ^ points puzzle me.

Maybe or likely because I'm the only person left in the US who doesn't text. ;)

* "The interim complaint also shows Scholtes received text messages from his wife while their daughter was being taken to the hospital stating: “I told you to stop leaving them in the car, How many times have I told you?” "
"He responded, “Babe, I’m sorry!” She then said “We’ve lost her, she was perfect,” and he responded by texting “Babe our family. How could I do this? I killed our baby, this can’t be real.” "
From Father may have been distracted by PlayStation when toddler died in hot car

Last edited:
RSBM

It reminds me of Elizabeth Smart's mother, who said that she, "Just had to keep going". That makes sense to me. Sometimes, you don't really know what else to do, but what needs to be done, it is a coping skill for some people. I have no doubt that she is craving to go back to work, and push all of this out of her head.

If MSM quote of LE's complaint's quote of text* is accurate, is a bit unusual that TEXT has full sentences, std. grammar, NO abbreviations? Maybe w med training & experience, she maintains calm demeanor regardless of circumstances?

If so, is it likely she since that text* in ambu, w him right there? Unless one parent was in ambu med bay & other in front cab, they could talk or whisper to ea other, so why text?

Or would she have been focussing only on dau, perhaps offering guidance, wanted or unwanted, to EMTs?

C. If they went to hosp together in ONE CAR then why TEXT instead of talk? Unless they had dau(s) w them?

Both ^ points puzzle me.

* "The interim complaint also shows Scholtes received text messages from his wife while their daughter was being taken to the hospital stating: “I told you to stop leaving them in the car, How many times have I told you?” "
"He responded, “Babe, I’m sorry!” She then said “We’ve lost her, she was perfect,” and he responded by texting “Babe our family. How could I do this? I killed our baby, this can’t be real.” "
From Father may have been distracted by PlayStation when toddler died in hot car

One idea about A is that both phones used speech-to-text.

I suspect mom went with Parker in ambulance or following the ambulance in whatever vehicle she arrived home in and dad stayed home to deal with LE and the two oldest daughters. I also suspect they may have been using a talk to text feature on their phones.

Both ^ points puzzle me.

The mother went in the ambulance with the child. The father was with LE at the home.

Going by the wording of her pleading in court, imo supporting him as though he's one of her children. (Imo) So, i think it's fair to critique that aspect, while retaining sympathy for losing her baby.
Yet trying to make it that she is doing what is best for her surviving kids, when I may disagree that it is. JMOO. She seems like an enabler. No reason at all she could not have hired childcare at least PT. The dynamic between the parents seems unhealthy and he seemed to be "showing her" he'd do as he pleased or using care practices to upset her. Indifferent to the impact on kids. Again, JMOO.

Things may change as more information comes out but currently it sounds like the dad isn’t denying he left his daughter in the car on purpose but at the same time is claiming some sort of memory lapse about leaving her for an extended period.

He told police he arrived home about 2:45, which isn’t true. He told police he checked on the girl, which isn’t true. When his wife arrived home it took a few minutes for him to “remember” the girl was still in the car.

IOW will he claim he became distracted by putting the food away and attending to the other kids? Will he claim to have had a clear (false) memory of bringing his daughter inside after 30 minutes?

Will his attorney seek a plea deal with lowered charges, claiming this “pillar of the community” had a memory lapse that day?

I guess it won’t matter as long as he pays with jail time and doesn’t skate with probation.
All MOO
I am curious if he has ADHD… the hyperfocus on the videogame and time blindness are typical for someone with ADHD. Not an excuse of course, just curious.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar
Back