ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #21

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a whole lot of people over at the Aussie Criminals site who keep pushing the agenda of it being an LNP conspiracy and cover-up. I don't believe it at all.

You're right. It shows up in searches, but for that the owners of the forum, or any company for that matter, pay a fee to Google (from what I understand). I still believe, at least here in Aus, it is comprised of a small percentage of the population. IMO.

Neither of us know for sure and I respect your opinion. I hope you are right and I am wrong.

Not wanting to start WW3 on here in any way, shape or form but I'm just wondering whether or not Allison's parents would want a virtual shrine out at Kholo Bridge.... they may wonder why a bunch of strangers have decided this should be the case.

They may not want, what would be, a constant reminder, of where her body was found in such a lonely & isolated place.

I personally feel & this is just my opinion, that all this has gone just a little bit over the top without taking into consideration Allison's parents at all....& this is my reason for choosing not to go with a sunflower avatar.

IT is not uncommon to see small white crosses with flowers at scenes of car accidents, even in other countries. I have seen them on windy roads in Qld, for example. I don't think the family would mind. IMO.

Have I missed something? All this talk about authorities and the above BBM,
be careful of what? Should we be alarmed?

We have been discussing potential defamation and also opinions which may be detrimental to the case in general.

There are a whole lot of people over at the Aussie Criminals site who keep pushing the agenda of it being an LNP conspiracy and cover-up. I don't believe it at all.

I don't believe it either. This is not the murder of a high ranking politician or some famous person.

IT is not uncommon to see small white crosses with flowers at scenes of car accidents, even in other countries. I have seen them on windy roads in Qld, for example. I don't think the family would mind. IMO.

Yes I've seen them too...up & down the highways, most likely placed there by a family member or friend. But I just don't know if Allison's parents would want a virtual shrine out at that bridge....

Yes, i think you are right, and you give me cause for concern.

by the way, a curious coincidence - like Allison, Lindy Chamberlain was also a member of Pathfinders
"In her pre-teen years Lindy had been a member of a church club called 'Pathfinders', very similar to Boy Scouts or Girl Guides. Amongst the badge honours she had done was one on dogs. After discussing the various domestic dogs, she was then required to name and discuss five wild members of the canine family. The Australian dingo was one of the five she chose, and the topic was just a paragraph. It is an indicator of the unbalanced judgment applied to the Chamberlains that this was labelled a 'thesis'; in one book, printed after Lindy was jailed, it was said to have been a thesis for her college education"
http://www.lindychamberlain.com/content/rumours_and_facts

I thought Allison was involved with 'Pathways' which is some sort of personal development program, and she was involved in an aspect which related to teaching children resilience. Was Allison also involed with Pathfinders or have you got the 2 confused? No biggie, just wondered.

Yes I've seen them too...up & down the highways, most likely placed there by a family member or friend. But I just don't know if Allison's parents would want a virtual shrine out at that bridge....

I guess, unless they say something in the media, we will never know. The bridge is not in their normal route either, because the live in the Gold Coast.

What a lot of crap. where do they get their info jmoo

Not wanting to start WW3 on here in any way, shape or form but I'm just wondering whether or not Allison's parents would want a virtual shrine out at Kholo Bridge.... they may wonder why a bunch of strangers have decided this should be the case.

They may not want, what would be, a constant reminder, of where her body was found in such a lonely & isolated place.

I personally feel & this is just my opinion, that all this has gone just a little bit over the top without taking into consideration Allison's parents at all....& this is my reason for choosing not to go with a sunflower avatar.

I think it is a lovely gesture and would be so touched if someone did this for my mother/daughter etc.

So many victims are forgotten and it could be a great comfort for her family to know so many people care when the most careless thing has been done to her.

I think it is sad to try to make something negative of such a lovely tribute.

I guess, unless they say something in the media, we will never know. The bridge is not in their normal route either, because the live in the Gold Coast.

Yes if something comes up about it in the media from her parents then fair enough. I know they live on the Gold Coast but they'd still probably travel up to see their grand-daughters.

There's another side of it too...what would the girls think of this shrine if they were to travel by it...school outings/bus trips etc. Do they even know...have they been told...

I think it is a lovely gesture and would be so touched if someone did this for my mother/daughter etc.

So many victims are forgotten and it could be a great comfort for her family to know so many people care when the most careless thing has been done to her.

I think it is sad to try to make something negative of such a lovely tribute.

It is nice & thoughtful that people do want to do these things for someone they don't know but all I was questioning was whether or not Allison's parents would want this virtual shrine in such an isolated area as a constant reminder to them of where she was found.

Not trying to make something negative of it at all....

I thought Allison was involved with 'Pathways' which is some sort of personal development program, and she was involved in an aspect which related to teaching children resilience. Was Allison also involed with Pathfinders or have you got the 2 confused? No biggie, just wondered.

oh I'm sorry...i've got the two confused. thank you!

I am the same age as Allison's parents. If this had been my daughter I would find the flowers very touching but the sight of them would bring up some very upsetting thoughts. As far as we know this is not where Allison met her demise but where she was left in the cold dark elements of the hostile surrounds for 11 days.It is my belief that families and friends who make roadside memorials/crosses believe this is where the spirit /soul left the loved one.I don't think this is the case here and think that the flowers would be more appropriately placed at the cemetry where she rests to brighten up her place and pay tribute to her memory. This is just the rambling of an old lady "who has been there'. MOO:hills: Rest in peace dear Allison.

Hi all, haven't posted for ages, sorry but find you guys say pretty much all I have been thinking and I am quite computer illiterate (will try and figure out a sunflower Thingy though, looks awesome) Just a couple if things have got
Me a bit upset, one I won't mention for fear of stirring things up again - suffice to say, some of you insulted your own intelligence a couple of days ago by not reading in-depth enough and racing to conclusions about something a poster had hypothesized about.
But you are foregiven as you allmseem to be passionate women - just please take a minute to get context correct though.

I just want to say that I am sure if anybody on here would know if parents would be upset about a cross going up in honor of their daughter, it would be keentoknow who has gone through such tragedy herself. She has been motivated to do this wonderful act and I have no doubt anyone who have lost their child in such horrific circumstances would be deeply moved and comforted by the kindness of strangers.

With so many dreadful things happening in the world, how could this ever be negative?

Thank you all sooo much for being such warm and wonderful beings!!:maddening:

BBM.

I agree with you Dodo. I can only imagine the total despair and grief any parent who has lost a child would go through. Love and light to keentoknow and any other parents (including Mr. and Mrs. Dickie) who are, and will grieve for the rest of their lives.

It would be good if you could elaborate further on your comment (BBM above). I would hate to think that I've insulted my own intelligence or the intelligence of anyone else for that matter.

Yes if something comes up about it in the media from her parents then fair enough. I know they live on the Gold Coast but they'd still probably travel up to see their grand-daughters.

There's another side of it too...what would the girls think of this shrine if they were to travel by it...school outings/bus trips etc. Do they even know...have they been told...

I don't know if the kids have been told. I personally have employed honesty with my daughter always, even when her father and I divorced and the reasons for it (tailored to suit her age).

I think the point is that roadside crosses are usually erected (and maintained, sometimes for years afterwards) by people with a personal connection to the victim, such as family, rather than strangers wishing to express grief.

I would feel that people who lay tributes and flowers to remember a deceased person in the first weeks of an investigation are showing an act of sympathy, however, I would feel that to be doing anything further and at a later stage could be interpreted negatively.

This will be a passing case for the majority of Australians; for those closest to the victim this is something they will live with forever. I wonder where the social media mourners will be in years to come - they will have moved on with their lives, while those closest to this case will carry their grief forever. I think this is at the crux of why some people might find the phenomenon of public grief, or vicarious grief, as akin to co-opting someone else's grief, their tragedy and their personal story.

Again, not trolling. Am merely offering a (probably unpopular) opinion.

Cheers

geez, now i feel bad about choosing a flower for my avatar...didn't know it would become topic of conversation, or grounds for battle.. I think people should be respectful of others, and if you want to participate, great, if not, great.In MOO, It's like life. Just do the right thing and chances are, it will be the right thing to do. I do think they look nice...and although I never met her, I think Allison would be pleased.

I think the point is that roadside crosses are usually erected (and maintained, sometimes for years afterwards) by people with a personal connection to the victim, such as family, rather than strangers wishing to express grief.

I would feel that people who lay tributes and flowers to remember a deceased person in the first weeks of an investigation are showing an act of sympathy, however, I would feel that to be doing anything further and at a later stage could be interpreted negatively.

This will be a passing case for the majority of Australians; for those closest to the victim this is something they will live with forever. I wonder where the social media mourners will be in years to come - they will have moved on with their lives, while those closest to this case will carry their grief forever. I think this is at the crux of why some people might find the phenomenon of public grief, or vicarious grief, as akin to co-opting someone else's grief, their tragedy and their personal story.

Again, not trolling. Am merely offering a (probably unpopular) opinion.

Cheers

I understand what you are saying. I just don't agree with it. I, for one, am not grieving for anybody (thankfully) close to me. I just think it is a nice gesture. The placing of flowers will not be forever, but this case if very much alive and unresolved at this point in time. Yes, we will all move on at some point ... the point when the perp is sentenced!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214