ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.findlaw.com.au/edocs/document.aspx?pcid=1649

Queensland Premier Anna Bligh announced proposed laws to launch “judge-only” trials and majority verdicts for juries in late August.

These reforms to Queensland’s criminal justice system could be law within a month after being introduced into State Parliament last week.

Under the proposed reforms, the prosecution is only able to apply for a “judge only” trial if the defendant consents. Majority jury verdicts will be acceptable, but only if there is one dissenting juror after more than eight hours of deliberation. The State cabinet hoped this would resolve the number of hung juries in Queensland.

Judges can rule out a judge-only application if it is in the public interest to have a jury. Criminal offences carrying a mandatory life sentence, such as murder, will still need to have unanimous verdicts.

While Ms Bligh states that these reforms brings Queensland into line with other Australian jurisdictions, the proposal is thought to be in response to the cases of accused paedophile Dennis Ferguson and former Bundaberg doctor Jayant Patel (“Doctor Death”).

Ms Bligh denies this, claiming that while there was speculation of coming difficulties in the Patel case the changes were not being made in anticipation of them.
“Clearly, there has been recent debate about the jury system here in Queensland arising out of a couple of cases,” Ms Bligh said.
In April, Queensland Chief Justice Paul de Jersey called for the reforms, saying the state was “out of step with the rest of the country”.

Both Ferguson and Patel are high profile cases, and pretrial publicity gave rise to speculation that neither would be able to receive a fair trial.

BBM

I honestly don't get that.... If most of, or all the Baden Clay were innocent of any involvement and though they may have suspected (like plenty of people have suspected) that GBC did murder Allison, then why be wanting the media to annoy all his family because of who they are... because of the accident of birth?

If someone in anyone's family commits a murder, I don't understand why wish to have that whole family annoyed by the media. Personalising it, if my brother, sister, father or any relative committed a murder and I was innocent, I don't see why I should have to pay for it.

If they want to support their murdering relative then it goes with the territory IMO.

And should the media hunt them down just for being related to him, no but if they must bug someone I would rather it be his family than Allisons and her children.

Wonder if we will hear from GBC's previous boss (CT) who was once all loud and disagreeable about how things in the media have been construed about the man!

OW has got to be a bit suspect now. And for sure she will not do any speaking to the media after the last debacle. I wonder why she is popping in - I think the poor pastor will be wondering what is really going on!

If they want to support their murdering relative then it goes with the territory IMO.

And should the media hunt them down just for being related to him, no but if they must bug someone I would rather it be his family than Allisons and her children.
Fair enough. Each to his own.

However, in my world view no innocent person should be hassled by the media just because of their family. Surely they too would be hurting bad. Olivia has children too to what I understand and I'd be horrified to find if any media dared to film or ask those children about their uncle.

It could just mean that the body was moved? I don't really know what it entails.

IMO this means that he moved the body. That is generally what it means from my experience. Or did something to it to try and dispose of it which from the info we have it doesn't seem like he did that as her body not body parts were found. I think that as soon as he saw the newspapers mentioning that he was a part of the scout movement he **** himself and moved the body from where he dumped it originally which i believe was at the scout grounds. I also believe the police planned this with the media and possibly were watching his every move at that time to see if he would return to the body. I'm not sure where this stuff in her hand being missing came from??? A lot of this here is starting to sound more like a conspiracy theory then anything else IMO I still believe this was not premeditated or planned at all.

A NINE news reporter, stationed in front of the Kenmore home, said he did approach OW this morning when she was leaving the home, but she didn't say a word.

It will be interesting to find out what their legal argument would be for seeking bail for their client?

Maybe that he is'a good upstanding citizen', or that he is the 'sole carer for his three young daughters', or that they will argue that 'on the basis of evidence provided to them to date an outcome of manslaughter is more likely than an outcome of murder'?

Also I did not think that bail could be granted for serious murder charges IMO.
If he were to be granted bail someone other than his family would have to give the surety, and given that most of his acquaintances appear to have massive mortgages this could be a difficulty.
All IMOO

Ivan Milat was a murderer.......Imagine giving him Bail?

I don't know how he will get Bail with these charges?? IMO:waitasec:

If someone has a legal issue with this website, contact wbsleuth@xmission.com and keep it off the forum. Please do not discuss such things on this thread. It's off topic and distracting.

:cheers:

Wish it was like the states...where they are allowed to have camera's IN THE COURT HOUSE SO WE CAN WATCH THEIR EVERYMOVE...

I gotta say, I dont think them hot shot lawyers will be standing by him....cos their language of Mr Baden Clay has indicated he will be vigourously denying the allegations, seems to say that his client hasnt actually said he would be at all...that his client only indicated that to him....

anyone else thinking that way...

I think the lawyers are waiting for their next installment of cash...now its in court....that requires a bit more cash...hmmm wonder if he is able to get a little upfront cash from the insurance payout?

It's highly unlikely (IMO) that a lawyer who has been retained by a client would suddenly decline to represent that client any longer, especially at a key stage in proceedings such as is unfolding here

On the other hand.....a client/defendant giving his legal representatives the flick in the midst of proceedings does happen

also, when a legal rep says "my client has indicated" he/she IS pretty much saying that "the client has given instructions on what his thoughts are at the time and we are off to do whatever is next to be done, be it file something/appear before a magistrate/judge/consult a barrister....IMO that is

Just did a bit of googling and found:

"For DNA testing, the hair must include the root. This requires that the hair be plucked, not cut."

"For DNA testing, the root of one hair is needed to analyze DNA and to establish a person's genetic makeup."

http://www.webmd.com/skin-problems-and-treatments/hair-loss/hair-analysis

Maybe that is why he grew a beard, hoping against all odds that if he was required to provide DNA it may somehow not show the same thing.... Only kidding... Maybe so that by the time he went to the big house he could shave it off again and as most inmates would probably have only seen the pics in the media would not recognise him...lol

Renae Henry ‏@renaehenry10

Baden-Clay charge sheet says alleged murder happened at Brookfield family home, alleged interference with corpse at Kholo creek @tennewsqld

If this is true this could be quite awful. IMO this could imply that Alisson was not necessarily deceased when she was taken from her home, otherwise the interference charge should have been for both house and Kholo Creek.
All IMO

What are bail amounts like there? Or do they offer them for a murder charge? Here they range (sometimes it seems based on what a person wouldn't be capable of having) Either no bail is granted or could be a million.. TIA

I honestly don't get that.... If most of, or all the Baden Clay were innocent of any involvement and though they may have suspected (like plenty of people have suspected) that GBC did murder Allison, then why be wanting the media to annoy all his family because of who they are... because of the accident of birth?

If someone in anyone's family commits a murder, I don't understand why wish to have that whole family annoyed by the media. Personalising it, if my brother, sister, father or any relative committed a murder and I was innocent, I don't see why I should have to pay for it.

I agree. If GBC's family are innocent of anything to do with Allisons death, then I am sure they too are going through hell in their own way. Their son or brother has just been arrested of murdering his wife. They may have acted 'strange' to many throughout the time of Allisons disappearance and subsequent finding of her body. But if they had no part in it, they would likely genuinely be having a rough time of it too in a different way to the Dickies and the girls. Maybe they genuinely believed he was innocent. I think to find your son possibly guilty of murder would be a hard thing for most parents to deal with. They deserve a little privacy also. IMO

Clarification!! Only the bolded underlined was my post, not the rest!

The post was removed so the part I was referring to did not appear sorry.

It was where a poster was giving legal advice to this forum and wished that Gerards children be returned to him, their loving daddy.. puke.

What are bail amounts like there? Or do they offer them for a murder charge? Here they range (sometimes it seems based on what a person wouldn't be capable of having) Either no bail is granted or could be a million.. TIA

I doubt he will get bail given the nature of the crime. Even so, I wonder where he would get the money from if he is supposedly broke and his family may not have the money either.

The post was removed so the part I was referring to did not appear sorry.

It was where a poster was giving legal advice to this forum and wished that Gerards children be returned to him, their loving daddy.. puke.

You may want to delete your post then?

Wondered that to but don't know the laws there.

He had the choice to either consent or the Magistrate would have ordered (and again this would not look very good particularly as the LE are applying for bail).
IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member