ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 - #22

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really wish someone would hurry up now and release the COD!!! Grrrr.

Actually Channel 9 News here in Bris said:

"QPS WERE going to arrest him Friday, but after interviewing members of his family, they were concerned about GBCs mental state and moved quickly in on Wednesday instead."

Make of it what you will.........I feel I know what his plans were

Wonder if family members = the children?

"QPS WERE going to arrest him Friday, but after interviewing members of his family, they were concerned about GBCs mental state and moved quickly in on Wednesday instead."

I agree, wouldnt put it past him.

They are gonna play the insanity card....and they will use it for bail...Id bet money on it....(lol...if I had any...giggles)

Willough, I hope not!

IMO there hasn't been anything about GBC's behaviour to support an insanity defense - not that that would stop them trying. What he allegedly did before, during, and after the crime was relatively cool, calm, and calculating. This is not the behaviour of a seriously mentally disturbed person acting as a result of a mental illness.

I hope that the legal system is sufficiently sound to withstand the onslaught of crafty defense lawyers on this point.

The Footy Show was my first thought but why would Channel 7 make a big deal of the fact that all media outlets, including Channel 7 (who have nothing to do with The Footy Show), were asked for their programming schedules?
IMO there are still many surprises to come, some of them very unsavoury.
Better not say too much or will get into terrrubbble!

IMO perhaps this has to do with an accomplice telling Police they were watching a certain show at a particular time so they are asking all stations for their programming schedules.

Can I ask what you think his plans were??

He does seem 'disconnected' in the photo with handcuffs. He doesn't seem to be concerned about hiding his face now that he has been charged. Almost as if he doesn't care anymore about what happens IMO. I think, if he is not granted bail next Thursday, he may be placed on suicide watch (not pretend, but real), because then it will really sink in for him. IMO.

Thanks heaps True -

there is so much emotion with this arrest- I can only hope that the QPS are just lining the rest of the (alleged) accomplices up and seeing how their stories compare. QPS would be experts at scenario dialogue analysis. And seeing how there are so many variables going on that night and the issues surrounding ABC's slow exit from the BC family circle- it makes sense that their individual stories are going to have holes which the police can exploit. How would the pastor view TM being considered more of a soul mate to the BC's than GBC's own wife? How could OW be so blind to the TM affair that she can claim that GBC loves ABC and has gone thru the wringer? The 3 girls have been the token in all their conversations - 'we have kids you know' but seriously did the BC's contemplate the kids when they were proceeding to diminish ABC's role in the family by accepting TM amongst their ranks. Did they consider what they were doing to the children when they had scarecely a nice word to say about ABC in the 8 weeks since she went missing- nothing more than oh most likely it was her depression - so unreliable because of it. Their atitude just SUX - ABC was an outsider in a family who could not compare or match her easy going fun loving nature that made her instantly likeable.

Ok that is it from me - promise not to go on any more blah sessions. The hurt and the pain of the past 8 weeks has taken its toll on me. I am just relieved we have some resolution but I so fear that this case will be marred by showmanship from the lawyers and small technicalities that will help GBC.

:tyou::tyou::tyou:

Sounds like a 41 year old brat to me. Is this the first time in his life that he is not getting what he wants?

Can't blame him for not looking at the gallery. No crisp shirt, no slicked back hair, no mustard jacket. He didn't want to be seen not looking his best!!! IMHO.

I believe it will be leaked, I dont know how it would affect the case if it were.

I don't know how it would affect the case, but I'm sure it would stop some of the wild theories here.

Maybe thats why they were alerted if updates of passports may have been made JMO

QPS would have had in hand with the relevant authorities very quickly, they wouldn't want him going anywhere

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that the name Baden is a german name. It actually means bathing . Very popular in germany e.g. Mr xyz Baden (confirmed this with a family member who is german), not sure why they have a german double-barrelled name. Google the Baden-Powell clan, but doesn't have any info. Anyone know, just out of interest that's all.

Willough, I hope not!

IMO there hasn't been anything about GBC's behaviour to support an insanity defense - not that that would stop them trying. What he allegedly did before, during, and after the crime was relatively cool, calm, and calculating. This is not the behaviour of a seriously mentally disturbed person acting as a result of a mental illness.

I hope that the legal system is sufficiently sound to withstand the onslaught of crafty defense lawyers on this point.

Arthur Freeman tried the mental illness road...it didn't work, he got life.

Justice Coghlan said Freeman’s defence largely attempted to push for a non-parole period based on “impaired mental function” which would have reduced his moral culpability.

But quoting Dr Lester Walton's expert advice, the judge said, “there is minimal evidence … that Freeman was suffering from mental illness that he would have realised his conduct was wrong".

And while no-one knew what Freeman was thinking at the time he threw Darcey from the bridge, Dr Walton said in evidence: “I believe it is highly likely that Freeman may be have suffering clinical depression at the time of the offence”.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/mo...riod-of-32-years/story-fn7x8me2-1226036871675

IMO perhaps this has to do with an accomplice telling Police they were watching a certain show at a particular time so they are asking all stations for their programming schedules.

I was thinking alibi. They want the schedule for the day before though. Clearly it isn't something GBC has said, apparently he hasn't spoken.

Finally, I have an admirer, I thought you all hated me haha

you are a lucky bugger...I never got no heart....and surely theres no haters on here................ is there??????

I imagine this is to see what time the Footy Show actually started on the Thursday night as it notorious for running late. Probably to confirm his story of seeing Allison watching the Footy Show at 10 p.m.

My husband has insisted from the beginning that the Footy Show on that night was running late as the Voice was on and that it didnt start until about 10.30 p.m.

I agree, because I have to wait for that footy show to finish so I can watch the NEXT AFL footy show and it is always late too.............GGrrrrrr

Hi everyone, just wanted to let you know that the name Baden is a german name. It actually means bathing . Very popular in germany e.g. Mr xyz Baden (confirmed this with a family member who is german), not sure why they have a german double-barrelled name. Google the Baden-Powell clan, but doesn't have any info. Anyone know, just out of interest that's all.

Weren't some areas of Africa colonised by the Dutch? German names are common in the Netherlands too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
safetycircle