ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This news article says "It's understood there won't be any further arrests."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/par...st/story-e6frfkvr-1226397286105#ixzz1xx7I55Z0

I think that is significant and has caused me to think and change my view slightly.

I think police now believe that GBC caused the death of Alison and acted alone. Anyone can fill in the blanks of method motive and opportunity but we have few facts.

I think someone assisted in "interfering with a corpse" by taking it to the Kholo Creek area. Anyone can fill inthe blanks about how and where but we have few facts. I think the penalty for doing that is up to two years jail.

I did think that NBC might have been the assistant but that is not consistent with his surprise/anger at the arrest of GBC.

Police moved very quickly after Tully suggested someone may be seeking immunity. Because GBC was reacting highly emotionally in the days prior to arrest inferring that the arrest may have been to avoid GBC self harming or doing something else irrational.

I think that after ABC died that GBC called TM, the only other character we know heavily interviewed and 'lawyered up'.

I think that TM has become a key witness and once GBC became aware of that in the past week he started emotionally floundering and police had to arrest.

I think TM will be charged at some time in the future, perhaps after the trial and her 'co-operation' could result in a suspended sentence for "interfering with a corpse".

I now think that perhaps GBC pulled the wool over NBC, EBC and OW's eyes who didn't or didn't want to believe that GBC would cause the death of the mother of their grandchildren.

IMO etc.

Not picking at your post in any way... just curious as to what you think on this... if GBC's parents genuinely thought their son was innocent, who do you think they believed killed her? It was a far fetched story for anyone to believe {IMO}, makes me wonder how they could not have doubted him at least?

I have often wondered this same thing. What would he have told them to make them think he was innocent?

I couldn't imagine the children would be at the court case.

they won't need to be in court, the media will give it saturation coverage, They won't be able to turn on a computer without being confronted by it

I agree. I found Gerard's clutching of his children at the funeral to be more possessive than protective.

Then, when I saw this photo (hope the link works) http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2012/05/11/1226353/150101-allison-baden-clay.jpg of him (Gerard) appearing to glare at his father-in-law who has taken the hand of one of the little girls and looks very grim himself, my thought that Gerard is treating his daughters like possessions who won't be taken away by the Dickies, was strengthened.

MOO. MOO.

I think it looked like he was using the children to shield himself at the funeral, particularly when they were near the coffin.

That's right... children have the right to have a parent. It should be changed to 'every child has a right to have a DECENT parent'. This is what gets misused. Even a down right rotten parent still gets to see the kids because the kid has a right?? If a parent can't do the right thing by their child, then they need to have a good hard look at themselves before even thinking about being in the child's life.

I totally agree, but I am simply stating what exists, not my own personal view, which is much like yours

Thank you for your post and I am sorry it is so personal. You would know there is no winners and no losers in this system but there is no other

You would be aware that PARENTS and Grandparents have no rights in Australia, the Court only address the rights of the child

I sincerely hope your own situation is now calm and working well for you and your children

Yes, thankyou. Things are ok for us now, but it was all done outside of the legal system because the other party had no respect for it. Quite simply, this person no longer knows where we are. Works for us. :)

Not picking at your post in any way... just curious as to what you think on this... if GBC's parents genuinely thought their son was innocent, who do you think they believed killed her? It was a far fetched story for anyone to believe {IMO}, makes me wonder how they could not have doubted him at least?

I have often wondered this same thing. What would he have told them to make them think he was innocent?

you can make yourself believe anything if you want to.

IMO, and it is just that, GBC didn't become the person he seems to be without some parental "assistance".

We don't know what the family life was like when the Gerard, Olivia and their brother where growing up. They seem a very close knit family, so they would probably tolerate a lot from each other, and while they may have there own doubts, would not voice or exhibit them in public.

I hear what your are saying and I have mulled it over for a few days. Did they just accept the story that "she went for a walk" and for emotional reasons chose not to analyse it. If GBC has sociopathic tendencies he could have spun endless logical stories.

The children have been in that household for the past seven weeks and children are very perceptive but going by the funeral coverage and other reports they haven't perceived their father as a murderer.

I think despite all the reported peculiarities that may be a bit unfair NBC is a conservative old insurance man and would have advised his son to go to the police with an 'act of passion' excuse.

I did Jury Service where a minor was a witness for unsavoury reasons. The evidence was presented by pre-recorded video and the minor was interviewed in a pleasant child friendly room without any pressures by someone obviously expert in talking to minors.

The judge gave us guidance on the value of the evidence in that form.

I ll assume it wasn t a murder trial where 25 years of someones life was on the line

This news article says "It's understood there won't be any further arrests."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/par...st/story-e6frfkvr-1226397286105#ixzz1xx7I55Z0

I think that is significant and has caused me to think and change my view slightly.

I think police now believe that GBC caused the death of Alison and acted alone. Anyone can fill in the blanks of method motive and opportunity but we have few facts.

I think someone assisted in "interfering with a corpse" by taking it to the Kholo Creek area. Anyone can fill inthe blanks about how and where but we have few facts. I think the penalty for doing that is up to two years jail.

I did think that NBC might have been the assistant but that is not consistent with his surprise/anger at the arrest of GBC.

Police moved very quickly after Tully suggested someone may be seeking immunity. Because GBC was reacting highly emotionally in the days prior to arrest inferring that the arrest may have been to avoid GBC self harming or doing something else irrational.

I think that after ABC died that GBC called TM, the only other character we know heavily interviewed and 'lawyered up'.

I think that TM has become a key witness and once GBC became aware of that in the past week he started emotionally floundering and police had to arrest.

I think TM will be charged at some time in the future, perhaps after the trial and her 'co-operation' could result in a suspended sentence for "interfering with a corpse".

I now think that perhaps GBC pulled the wool over NBC, EBC and OW's eyes who didn't or didn't want to believe that GBC would cause the death of the mother of their grandchildren.

IMO etc.

Very good theory!

Its not up to the BC s to establish someone else has killed ABC, its the DPP s job to prove that GBC committed Murder

I did Jury Service where a minor was a witness for unsavoury reasons. The evidence was presented by pre-recorded video and the minor was interviewed in a pleasant child friendly room without any pressures by someone obviously expert in talking to minors.

The judge gave us guidance on the value of the evidence in that form.

Yay, great post!

Nige and Elaine were very practised at keeping Gerards secrets.... his ongoing affair with Madam McHugh , after she was fired, the big staff meeting when it was announced that Allison knew of it, hence Toni's departure, but then, the ongoing extracurricular activity.... I dont believe for a moment that secret was kept from Nige and Elaine, yet, Allison was kept in the dark about it for a very long time. Keeping Gerards secrets is second nature, apparently.

I include Olivia in this secret keeping stuff, too.

Define cold blooded. If you mean it was premeditated I'm not there..........yet.
Still think extreme DV followed by manic panic followed by coverup or loose everything. IMO

...and it ended up being cover up AND lose everything... (IMO)...

I even throw in the Pastor as a secret keeper as well. just for good measure.. if Olivia knew , HE knew, too.

I think it looked like he was using the children to shield himself at the funeral, particularly when they were near the coffin.

A few people have said this.I have looked at that photo a few times to see what you mean.But I can't define what the difference would be between protecting them and shielding himself. He is behind them ....should he have been in front of them? He is embracing his daughters in their grief. I don't know how else he could have done it. Help me see it :banghead:

Their dilemmma is much much more complex, ultimately the Family Court will decide the childrens situation, not any media or social media or QPS, The Family ourt would examine all the evidence of where their best interests lay, not if anyone is convicted of a crime, I would never in a million years let my children give evidence in a murder trial

Of course plenty, none of us would want to be in the situation where we had to make that decision, however, you do understand that they would not be involved in the actual trial. The interview would take place in a situation similar to a counselling session and I would hope that the girls would have had some sort of counselling since Allisons death. It may even be beneficial to the girls, especially the eldest, to be able to talk to someone who is impartial. MOO

Its not up to the BC s to establish someone else has killed ABC, its the DPP s job to prove that GBC committed Murder

That's not the poster was getting at, unless the quoting system has stuffed up again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
couchsluether