ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the girls will need to talk to someone with experience and compassion with understanding their unique needs.

I don't necessarily think it should be an "interview" situation, but certainly anything of interest should be bought to the attention of the police.

If and when this case gets to court, the girls will be significantly older, 13 and 11 th two older girls, and hopefully will be in a position to be able to gain some acceptance from the evidence. I could imagine, a teenager of 13 getting very upset if something was mentioned in court that was not correct and that the 13 year old was able to clarify, and also getting very angry when they where talking about "her" parents and not giving her some input.

I am not trained in this, but I would imagine the sensible way to do it, would be to talk to them together now to establish anything that they remember and then to talk to them individually in the months ahead.

The age of the elder girl is so critical, she is at such a vunerable time in her life and forming so many self perceptions, she needs very careful and gentle help. IMO

I don't understand how GBC could ever be rehabilitated and fit to rejoin society after the crime he has allegedly committed. If he is convicted, murder is a mandatory life sentence, and while he may not leave Arthur Gorrie in a wooden box, he certainly should be a very old man.

I think any attempt to rehabilitate in these circumstances is a waste of tax payers money.

Note I said ....TRY....Some prisoners are recidivistic.:banghead:

I think this is true in alot of cases... when the person is arrested there's always people who can not believe they could be guilty. People who KNOW him may not have known the REAL him. Sometimes knowing them can actually make it harder to make a clear judgement. Sometimes it's better to take a step back and look in from the outside.

So true , I agree and good advice. But I don't know him and I haven't any evidence, that he is any of these pretty serious character traits ,that have been attached to him without basis. Is it because people want him to be what they say? Some of the things I've read about the BC's and OW have absolutely no foundation. I guess that is where I'm coming from.I hope I'm explaining myself O.K. IMO

I am sure the people who love them and are currently caring for them will do whatever is the best interests of these children. That's about it really isn't it?

If like myself you don't know GBC we are both voicing opinions based on what we have read and our lifes experiences. My make up won't let me judge him as being a narcissist, immature, evil person without knowing him personally.You'd be amazed at how many people in Brookfield , who know GBC (now they know him at least) can't possibly believe he did it. I have family there and my grandparent were some of the first settlers in Brookfield. Either of us could be wrong or right. Or we both could be wrong. IMO

That whole statement is what is called reasonable doubt

I agree with you Liadan.
... Just because we see someone crying at a funeral, looking genuinely distressed, and clinging on to their children, does not mean they can love these children in a way that is ultimately beneficial for them, and does not necessarily mean that they feel sad for the person who died. It could mean something totally different, such as an immature, narcissistic man, who is feeling dreadfully sorry for himself, who is clinging onto his children as a shield, and appreciating them in a different way, as the only ones left who, in their purity and trustingness, treat him as innocent. IMO

ITSTHEVIBE: A sensible, grounded post. Well said.

My apologies , I thought this was a forum on GBC

Apology accepted : ) I had viewed a photo of a random criminal recieving medical attention on the State Government website and made a simple observation, no big deal really. Moving on....

No offence intended either. Yes, I should have worded it differently and in a more generic way and for that I apologise. The message still stands though, thinking of the victims and their families.

No offence taken. :)

My perspective is that nothing will ever bring a deceased victim of a violent crime back to their families, just as nothing will ever ease the grief of those who have lost a loved one to a violent act.

However, when the community puts a focus on rehabilitation and education of offenders, they are potentially helping someone else's family member avoid becoming another victim of a violent act. Helping stem violence through something like education has a potentially greater flow-on effect which the community benefits from, rather than just focusing on the deprivations meted out to an individual.

Of course, I am not so naive to think this solution is a magic wand, either, but it appears to be the best option the community has. The gold star would be that a community has no offenders, but that will happen only when there are no people - humans being what they are.

Cheers

I agree with you Liadan.

As for the 'extreme act of spontaneous anger' and the comment "if he had stopped to think of his children' I would say that is exactly the point. A person who loves their children and who has a conscience does stop to think about them, or more likely doesn't even get to the point of such extreme anger that they would be on the verge of actually killing someone and need to 'stop themselves'.

Someone who is a narcissist is incapable of really loving anyone, and this includes their children. Some people are incapable of real love. Just remember, love is not a feeling, it is to do with actions. If you can't demonstrate your love in the most unselfish of ways, then you can't love properly, and you are no good to those you 'feel' love for, in fact there are many ways you could harm them.

Just because we see someone crying at a funeral, looking genuinely distressed, and clinging on to their children, does not mean they can love these children in a way that is ultimately beneficial for them, and does not necessarily mean that they feel sad for the person who died. It could mean something totally different, such as an immature, narcissistic man, who is feeling dreadfully sorry for himself, who is clinging onto his children as a shield, and appreciating them in a different way, as the only ones left who, in their purity and trustingness, treat him as innocent. IMO

I agree. I found Gerard's clutching of his children at the funeral to be more possessive than protective.

Then, when I saw this photo (hope the link works) http://resources1.news.com.au/images/2012/05/11/1226353/150101-allison-baden-clay.jpg of him (Gerard) appearing to glare at his father-in-law who has taken the hand of one of the little girls and looks very grim himself, my thought that Gerard is treating his daughters like possessions who won't be taken away by the Dickies, was strengthened.

MOO. MOO.

So true , I agree and good advice. But I don't know him and I haven't any evidence, that he is any of these pretty serious character traits ,that have been attached to him without basis. Is it because people want him to be what they say? Some of the things I've read about the BC's and OW have absolutely no foundation. I guess that is where I'm coming from.I hope I'm explaining myself O.K. IMO

Yes, I do see where you are coming from. Totally respect your post. :)

I think the girls will need to talk to someone with experience and compassion with understanding their unique needs.

I don't necessarily think it should be an "interview" situation, but certainly anything of interest should be bought to the attention of the police.

If and when this case gets to court, the girls will be significantly older, 13 and 11 th two older girls, and hopefully will be in a position to be able to gain some acceptance from the evidence. I could imagine, a teenager of 13 getting very upset if something was mentioned in court that was not correct and that the 13 year old was able to clarify, and also getting very angry when they where talking about "her" parents and not giving her some input.

I am not trained in this, but I would imagine the sensible way to do it, would be to talk to them together now to establish anything that they remember and then to talk to them individually in the months ahead.

The age of the elder girl is so critical, she is at such a vunerable time in her life and forming so many self perceptions, she needs very careful and gentle help. IMO

The issue with this is that for QPS to charge him and take his liberty away, they should already have the evidence, not hope to gather it IMO

If they are interviewed, they will be cross examined, no doubt whatsoever

No offence taken. :)

My perspective is that nothing will ever bring a deceased victim of a violent crime back to their families, just as nothing will ever ease the grief of those who have lost a loved one to a violent act.

However, when the community puts a focus on rehabilitation and education of offenders, they are potentially helping someone else's family member avoid becoming another victim of a violent act. Helping stem violence through something like education has a potentially greater flow-on effect which the community benefits from, rather than just focusing on the deprivations meted out to an individual.

Of course, I am not so naive to think this solution is a magic wand, either, but it appears to be the best option the community has. The gold star would be that a community has no offenders, but that will happen only when there are no people - humans being what they are.

Cheers

Thanks, I now understand the reasoning behind it.

The issue with this is that for QPS to charge him and take his liberty away, they should already have the evidence, not hope to gather it IMO

If they are interviewed, they will be cross examined, no doubt whatsoever

I've seen in cases on TV where a judge only interviews children. Is that possible here in Aus?

I've seen in cases on TV where a judge only interviews children. Is that possible here in Aus?

Make no mistake or have any illusions, this is the ultimate game

Th defence will be ruthless in having their client acquitted and the QPS will use whatever they have

There may statements of sympathy and empathy, but its game on at the end of the day

With all due respect, Grandparents do not have rights, the children hold these rights in Law. Very difficult ,costly and time consuming to secure visitation by grandparents especially if he absconds overseas

Sorry to disagree with you, but the below link will clarify the rights of grandparents, especially where they are defined as a 'significant person' in the child's life.

http://www.familylawwebguide.com.au/flra/pg/gflif

I thought it was a situation that got out of hand at first as well.

Now though I don't think GBC is capable of anything spontaneous. I think he is a calculating, cold individual. Whatever has happened (and I don't mean in the last few weeks) has caused him to be devoid of feeling. To be able to maintain your silence and carry on as normal in the face of public opinion in the last weeks, I think shows someone who is very controlled, and those sorts of people don't just "loose it "

I believe from my personal experience of him nearly 3 decades ago that it is likely he is devoid of feeling because he sure presented that way not only devoid of feelings ( except for self intitlement) but oblivious to others feelings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Henry Cooper