ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#23

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I repeat, I am not talking about putting a child on the witness stand. I would never ever be in favour of that!! Just a private interview with what I would insist be a child psychologist. With the close relative watching on closed circuit tv, with the ability to stop the interview.

There is no middle ground here, if they are interviewed, then they would need to available for cross examination

Its not that I agree with it, it is what exists, we need to invite the premier and Prime Minister and 100 s of years of precedent into here if we are going to debate that

Bingo! Now I know why I also dislike/mistrust politicians in general.

I repeat, I am not talking about putting a child on the witness stand. I would never ever be in favour of that!! Just a private interview with what I would insist be a child psychologist. With the close relative watching on closed circuit tv, with the ability to stop the interview.

With respect... if the initial interview (which you would agree to) revealed that what the child said help the prosecution it could well lead to being called to testify in the proceedings.It would have to be pretty compelling I would think though.. I may be wrong but it seems likely to me . I shudder at the repercussions of involving the children.IMO

I wonder if your views would be different if you were a relative/parent/child of a murder or manslaughter victim. The victim no longer has any right to anything and neither has the family. Or what about victims of serious assaults, who are now disfigured for having been set on fire, or have been left in a coma and with brain damage? Or when it comes to white collar crimes like embezzlement, when retirees have lost all their super investments? I'm sorry, but these criminals should have no rights at all. IMO.

I agree with how victims of these people feel. I have been on both sides of the fence.
It is not easy street in prison.
I have done 22 years prison myself and I have not done anything wrong .
I can assure everyone here I am glad to go home at the end of each day. On many occasions while standing in the visits area thoughts have crossed my mind as to the mass damage these people have caused to families

I wonder if your views would be different if you were a relative/parent/child of a murder or manslaughter victim. The victim no longer has any right to anything and neither has the family. Or what about victims of serious assaults, who are now disfigured for having been set on fire, or have been left in a coma and with brain damage? Or when it comes to white collar crimes like embezzlement, when retirees have lost all their super investments? I'm sorry, but these criminals should have no rights at all. IMO.

The inherent problem in this post is the assumption that I have not experienced, or known people who have experienced, any of these things. I believe it is very important not to assume something about a poster simply because they have not opened up to the users of this forum with a personal story of their grief, or because their post may seem unreactive or without strong emotion. No offence intended. :)

Cheers

Their dilemmma is much much more complex, ultimately the Family Court will decide the childrens situation, not any media or social media or QPS, The Family ourt would examine all the evidence of where their best interests lay, not if anyone is convicted of a crime, I would never in a million years let my children give evidence in a murder trial

i was talking about the consequence of not letting the kids be interviewed, i am not a complete moron to to think that their dilemma is simple!

and giving evidence at a murder trial is completely different to them being interviewed, not sure how one can get those two things mixed up. like i said, if noone tells their eyewitness accounts then why bother prosecuting. you have a duty to help the police solve the crime end of story. if someone, kids or adults, witnessed my loved one being murdered but never came forward and i found out about it i would be asking why?

anyone who says that they would not let kids get interviewed, cannot complain when the guy gets off because the police did not get crucial information they needed to secure a conviction. thems the breaks, i hate being black or white but this is just that.

I don't understand how GBC could ever be rehabilitated and fit to rejoin society after the crime he has allegedly committed. If he is convicted, murder is a mandatory life sentence, and while he may not leave Arthur Gorrie in a wooden box, he certainly should be a very old man.

I think any attempt to rehabilitate in these circumstances is a waste of tax payers money.

Being interviewed by sympathetic child psychology type people is very different from giving evidence in a murder trial I would think.

thanks nads for your knowledgable comment

I believe this murder was an act of extreme spontaneous anger and that if he had stopped to think of his children he would have stopped himself from whatever he supposedly did to her to cause her death. He wasn't thinking of them for that moment in time. I believe he loves his children very much and would wish only what is best for them. If he is acquitted it will be hard enough to make life normal for them as a family and this doubt of guilt/innocent will be forever be with him wherever he goes and whatever he does til the day he dies.He will need the help of both grandparents to raise those girls .IMO[/QUOT

I thought it was a situation that got out of hand at first as well.

Now though I don't think GBC is capable of anything spontaneous. I think he is a calculating, cold individual. Whatever has happened (and I don't mean in the last few weeks) has caused him to be devoid of feeling. To be able to maintain your silence and carry on as normal in the face of public opinion in the last weeks, I think shows someone who is very controlled, and those sorts of people don't just "loose it "

Yes and neither of us know for sure and probably never will. :maddening:

Originally Posted by Mothergoose I believe this murder was an act of extreme spontaneous anger and that if he had stopped to think of his children he would have stopped himself from whatever he supposedly did to her to cause her death. He wasn't thinking of them for that moment in time. I believe he loves his children very much and would wish only what is best for them. If he is acquitted it will be hard enough to make life normal for them as a family and this doubt of guilt/innocent will be forever be with him wherever he goes and whatever he does til the day he dies.He will need the help of both grandparents to raise those girls .IMO

I humbly disagree Mothergoose. I think GBC got to the point where he believed himself to be desrving of more privileges in life and was the more bankable person in the relationship and that his marriage was wearing him down. Yes he loved to have the family but needed confirmation of his greatness from his mistresses this clients his superiors at work. ABC could no longer fill that role so she was immaterial. Yes meant something to the kids but he had moved on to more important things in his life. JMHO

I agree with you Liadan.

As for the 'extreme act of spontaneous anger' and the comment "if he had stopped to think of his children' I would say that is exactly the point. A person who loves their children and who has a conscience does stop to think about them, or more likely doesn't even get to the point of such extreme anger that they would be on the verge of actually killing someone and need to 'stop themselves'.

Someone who is a narcissist is incapable of really loving anyone, and this includes their children. Some people are incapable of real love. Just remember, love is not a feeling, it is to do with actions. If you can't demonstrate your love in the most unselfish of ways, then you can't love properly, and you are no good to those you 'feel' love for, in fact there are many ways you could harm them.

Just because we see someone crying at a funeral, looking genuinely distressed, and clinging on to their children, does not mean they can love these children in a way that is ultimately beneficial for them, and does not necessarily mean that they feel sad for the person who died. It could mean something totally different, such as an immature, narcissistic man, who is feeling dreadfully sorry for himself, who is clinging onto his children as a shield, and appreciating them in a different way, as the only ones left who, in their purity and trustingness, treat him as innocent. IMO

I realise the facilities cost massive amounts of money, however I don t think that any other alternative exists

what happened to bread and water, a bed n blanket and steel bars? That is what prisoners should have

The point is it does nt matter whether he is a good candidate or not, thats just the way he will be treated. IMO he would be very high on the list of being able to rehabilitate, compared to others who stroll around in his yard

If he is convicted of murder, won't his crime carry a life sentence? If so, why rehabilitate him? He'll never be out again.

Just an opinion, things may well be underway in this area.

i was talking about the consequence of not letting the kids be interviewed, i am not a complete moron to to think that their dilemma is simple!

and giving evidence at a murder trial is completely different to them being interviewed, not sure how one can get those two things mixed up. like i said, if noone tells their eyewitness accounts then why bother prosecuting. you have a duty to help the police solve the crime end of story. if someone, kids or adults, witnessed my loved one being murdered but never came forward and i found out about it i would be asking why?

anyone who says that they would not let kids get interviewed, cannot complain when the guy gets off because the police did not get crucial information they needed to secure a conviction. thems the breaks, i hate being black or white but this is just that.

If they are interviewed, then they are candidates for cross examination, are you saying if they get interviewed and are providing evidence of accused being innocent, then that will go away

IMO whether the guy is acquitted or incarcerated, it will never bring back the mother, so they are on a hiding to nothing

I IMO would never let the interests of anyone else get in front of the welfare of my children

The inherent problem in this post is the assumption that I have not experienced, or known people who have experienced, any of these things. I believe it is very important not to assume something about a poster simply because they have not opened up to the users of this forum with a personal story of their grief, or because their post may seem unreactive or without strong emotion. No offence intended. :)

Cheers

No offence intended either. Yes, I should have worded it differently and in a more generic way and for that I apologise. The message still stands though, thinking of the victims and their families.

I agree with you Liadan.

As for the 'extreme act of spontaneous anger' and the comment "if he had stopped to think of his children' I would say that is exactly the point. A person who loves their children and who has a conscience does stop to think about them, or more likely doesn't even get to the point of such extreme anger that they would be on the verge of actually killing someone and need to 'stop themselves'.

Someone who is a narcissist is incapable of really loving anyone, and this includes their children. Some people are incapable of real love. Just remember, love is not a feeling, it is to do with actions. If you can't demonstrate your love in the most unselfish of ways, then you can't love properly, and you are no good to those you 'feel' love for, in fact there are many ways you could harm them.

Just because we see someone crying at a funeral, looking genuinely distressed, and clinging on to their children, does not mean they can love these children in a way that is ultimately beneficial for them, and does not necessarily mean that they feel sad for the person who died. It could mean something totally different, such as an immature, narcissistic man, who is feeling dreadfully sorry for himself, who is clinging onto his children as a shield, and appreciating them in a different way, as the only ones left who, in their purity and trustingness, treat him as innocent. IMO

If like myself you don't know GBC we are both voicing opinions based on what we have read and our lifes experiences. My make up won't let me judge him as being a narcissist, immature, evil person without knowing him personally.You'd be amazed at how many people in Brookfield , who know GBC (now they know him at least) can't possibly believe he did it. I have family there and my grandparent were some of the first settlers in Brookfield. Either of us could be wrong or right. Or we both could be wrong. IMO

If like myself you don't know GBC we are both voicing opinions based on what we have read and our lifes experiences. My make up won't let me judge him as being a narcissist, immature, evil person without knowing him personally.You'd be amazed at how many people in Brookfield ( have family there) who know him can't possibly believe he did it. Now they know him at least , we don't. Either of us could be wrong or right. Or we both could be wrong. IMO

I think this is true in alot of cases... when the person is arrested there's always people who can not believe they could be guilty. People who KNOW him may not have known the REAL him. Sometimes knowing them can actually make it harder to make a clear judgement. Sometimes it's better to take a step back and look in from the outside.

I know Im tired and cranky tonight, a day watching junior football does that to me BUT I didn't say anything about him being a criminal....

Ohhh, I know how you're feeling. No junior footy here, but a big day anyway. Have to keep rubbing my eyes so I can see the screen here. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
disturbedprincess6