ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
LIADAN: If the Police had informed the Dickies that they suspected 'unlawful homicide' the question remains: did they inform the B-C family around the same time? This may account for OW's comment that 'she be returned to us'. The difference between public and private information may explain why the public still suspected a 'missing person' at that point, which made OW's comments seem strange. The Police will need to determine when they told the B-C family about unlawful homicide suspicions i.e. before/after OW's public comment on MSM? My opinion only, not fact.

IMO, OW said what she said because she was fed a fictitious story by him from the beginning (she's gone for a walk, she must had been taken by someone, etc.). I would assume that QPS did not tell the BCs that they were looking for a body, in the hope the suspect would still perhaps make some mistake in his dealing with the media/QPS.

Yes, such strange wording, like she thought Allison had been abducted.

Then there's all the other strange wordings from OW....

"We just adore Allison, we just want her home," Ms Walton said.

"(We) just cry out to her if she can hear us, if she sees this: Please, darling Al, come home. We love you so much and we want you home."

Ms Walton said her brother, Gerard, was struggling to put on a brave front for the couple's three young daughters.

"He is understandably completely devastated," Ms Walton said.

"When he is not with the police he is here with the children, trying to be as normal as possible with them in what is an unthinkable situation.

"He is doing all that he can to assist in finding Allison and that is our primary concern."

Ms Walton said in the days leading up to her disappearance, Allison was her usual self.

"I spoke to her the night before she disappeared on Thursday night and she seemed fine," she said.

"I saw her last week and she seemed normal, delightful - her normal, easygoing, beautiful-natured, thoughtful, kind-hearted self.

"As far as I know there have been no, there is no, we don't know anything about Allison's whereabouts."

Ms Walton said the family had not been distracted by the high-profile nature of Allison's disappearance, or the public speculation about where the 43-year-old might be.

"I think with any missing persons case it is a mystery and people are always going to talk.

"Allison suffers from depression, my thoughts are simply consumed with where she might be. I'm not interested in the speculation and rumours."

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ry-disappearance/story-e6freoof-1226338290711

Posting a couple of photos - if enlarged, IMO marks can be seen on face.

Thanks for posting these. I couldnt work out how to do it .
When I copied these and enlarged them I believed I could see scratches quite clearly, and not the narrow superficial ones you get from pruning roses either. More like a gouge???? (how awful)

She Is
May 1 via mobile
Keep our beautiful North Qld Coordinator, Olivia, in your prayers today. Wear your freedom tshirts and rings today to join with Olivia in proclaiming His freedom today. Olivia sent thru this text: "Please pray for truth and justice to be revealed and for honesty from all who are involved in investigating this nightmare. Strength for today. Angels to guard the hearts of these precious children. Thanks. Love, Olivia x"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/She-Is/137262996336898

I agree completely, but from what we've seen eg. not ever appearing at the command post for instance, and the list goes on, I'd say the police would have had a strange feeling about his words and behaviour in both initial dealings with him.

I'd bet it was all a bit bizarre.

IMO

I think if a member of my immediate family suddenly reported their partner missing in some rather strange circumstances, I would be quite suspicious of that person right from the beginning, even though I would also think that that person could not be the perp. I think the whole BC clan knew something was terribly wrong with the whole situation and could not face the public/media, etc. They would have been exposed to hounding by the press, questioning, etc. and chose to hide as much as possible. IMO.

Off to do the tuck in night routine with the kids! So nitey nites! But things are really slow tonite and dragging on. Come on this is soooo unlike you all, keep the momentum going! You gotta guys fire up to brainstorm about the possibilities of involvement, implications, new possible arrests, evidence, bail hearing! You guys can't take to your safe fall back positions now - ABC needs your sleuthing minds!

Since I probly won't be back til the morn -stay safe Melbournites - earthquakes are scary, sending loads of anti-seismic waves your way!

Come on sunflower brigade keep up the intensity for ABC!!!!

Love you guys (and mods)!

BBM

I have a question :-

Is it always better for the prosecution to have the accused kept in police custody until the trial? Or are there some instances when it's advantageous for the prosecution to have the alleged offender roaming free on bail?

With relevance to GBC - do you think the police mind too much whether he's in custody or out on bail? Would they still be looking for evidence to 'nail him' with and would it be easier for them (the police) if GBC was running free and possibly revealing things that would incriminate him further?

I guess, without knowing what evidence the police are still looking for (if any), we may never know the answer to this...Still, any thoughts are welcome.

:seeya:

I dont know if some parents dont want to accept it or just think their kids can do no wrong. Early hours Christmas morning my daughters ex flipped out (he was drunk) He
threatened my daughter (23) with a gun. Police searched for him all Christmas Day, his family
knew where he was hiding. He was arrested and charged. We had Christmas Day under police protection. But according to his family it was my daughters fault. So yeah I dont understand....

THE BEARD - I said previously that in some cases people change their appearance because they cannot look themselves in the mirror after what they've done. In this case however, I think he may have grown the beard to disguise any possible marks on his face. IMO.

I'm not sure about any marks...unless he was wearing some damn good concealer make-up in that "little bit hurt" video which is the earliest shot of him, I can't see any scratches on left side of his face at all.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ter-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867

BBM

I have a question :-

Is it always better for the prosecution to have the accused kept in police custody until the trial? Or are there some instances when it's advantageous for the prosecution to have the alleged offender roaming free on bail?

With relevance to GBC - do you think the police mind too much whether he's in custody or out on bail? Would they still be looking for evidence to 'nail him' with and would it be easier for them (the police) if GBC was running free and possibly revealing things that would incriminate him further?

I guess, without knowing what evidence the police are still looking for (if any), we may never know the answer to this...Still, any thoughts are welcome.

:seeya:

Of all the crime shows (true stories) I have watched over the years, I have never seen police happy when a suspect is granted bail. I think the risk is too high for a variety of reasons (self-harm, harm to others, taking off overseas, etc.)

I'm not sure about any marks...unless he was wearing some damn good concealer make-up in that "little bit hurt" video which is the earliest shot of him, I can't see any scratches on left side of his face at all.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...ter-in-car-crash/story-e6freoof-1226336841867

I have never been able to see the scratches on any photos either, but there have been so many rumours about them, which could indicated some truth to it. It appears the rumoured scratches were on his right side of face, but I haven't seen them myself.

Yes actually I did wonder if it was the hair sample for DNA, and as I said possibly been rushed to the lab with least backlog to have it ready for Thursday bail hearing? Though it may be possible that they have decided to send some samples for further more specialized testing?

UT, you could be right as the bail hearing is where the prosecution will be trying to demonstrate they have a strong enough case against GBC to warrant keeping him in custody over the next couple of years until the case is heard.

I have never been able to see the scratches on any photos either, but there have been so many rumours about them, which could indicated some truth to it. It appears the rumoured scratches were on his right side of face, but I haven't seen them myself.

That's right. There were no apparent facial scratches in any photos published of him.IMO

UT, you could be right as the bail hearing is where the prosecution will be trying to demonstrate they have a strong enough case against GBC to warrant keeping him in custody over the next couple of years until the case is heard.

The hearing on July 9 will be the main one where all the case will be presented and a decision made about any possible trial. My understanding of the bail application on Thursday is that only a general presentation regarding the case will be made, and more with emphasis on whether he can be out in the community or not.

Sorry KG, I can't see any scratches :)

Would not the msm have honed in on this and tried to get a good head shot? JMO.

So what is the hearing called on 9th July?

Is it an evidentiary hearing, a Coronial inquest or what?

She Is
May 1 via mobile
Keep our beautiful North Qld Coordinator, Olivia, in your prayers today. Wear your freedom tshirts and rings today to join with Olivia in proclaiming His freedom today. Olivia sent thru this text: "Please pray for truth and justice to be revealed and for honesty from all who are involved in investigating this nightmare. Strength for today. Angels to guard the hearts of these precious children. Thanks. Love, Olivia x"

https://www.facebook.com/pages/She-Is/137262996336898

Just looked this up and saw it was written on the 1st May...When she refers to His freedom is that meaning in a religious way not GBC?

Good article, thanks! If a case took only say 2-3 months to get to trial, then I would agree with bail not being granted, but with the current situation of waiting upto 2 years, I think it is generally grossly unfair to hold some until then (presumption of innocent principle). Also, with murder, if we are talking of an intimate homicide, I don't see a risk to the general community (only perhaps to immediate family of the accused). Different situation is if the murder was random or multiple (like Port Arthur), in which case the suspect should stay behind bars until trial. IMO.

IMO the scratches are the reason he grew a beard following Allison's disappearance. I haver thought this from the beginning of this horror story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member