ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Given the intense interest police showed from the very beginning in Allison's disappearance I would not be surprised if there were undercover police tailing Gerard every time he left the house. Hopefully, if this was the case, any internet searching or emailing he did from cafes, other people's houses would have been followed up.

His apparent reluctance to divulge much to the police and his early summoning of a lawyer however indicates a defensive stance on his part and so I think if this was the case and he felt that he was under suspicion or being watched, that any communication he made would have been via public telephone or some means which couldn't be traced.

MOO! MOO! MOO!

In so many of the photos well prior to his arrest he had a phone glued to his ear. In the one man band office at Toowong...he would have had phone & internet connection seeing as he called it as being "business as usual".

There would have been, from Day One.

There was never another suspect.

The day this story first broke my first thought was "not another one" - meaning, not another spousal murder!

WHYYYYY do they think they can get away with it? Because they think they are SMART and the police are STUPID. Vanity and conceit.

I have nothing but praise for the Qld police. Such a rapid arrest means essentially, he's guilty and they have rock solid proof. That is why he presented himself to the Police Station to be arrested. He knows he's been caught. I suppose we should be thankful he didn't decide his kids were a problem as well.

Stupid, stupid, evil man. How many lives ruined just because HE didn't want to pay for a divorce? I hope they put him in gen pop and throw away the key...him and his bint.

I disagree a little, I don t think it was a rapid arrest by any means, and it certainly doesn t mean that they have rock solid proof at all, that is for a jury to determine, He certainly didn t present himself to the Police Station I believe he was asked to go with them without informing his Lawyer
IMO i agree he may be stupid, however a lot of what has transpired in behaviour and actions does not make a lot of sense to me yet, there is something weird about all this that we have nt been told yet I think IMO

In so many of the photos well prior to his arrest he had a phone glued to his ear. In the one man band office at Toowong...he would have had phone & internet connection seeing as he called it as being "business as usual".

I looked at those early photos with mobile phone attached to his ear and thought, 'I bet you aren't even talking to anyone!' LOL

As for real phone calls on the mobile, I think police can still tap them somehow...thinking back to issues where the media have listened in to celebrities' conversations.

The landline at the new Toowong office could be tapped and I think there are devices that can even capture email messages on computers.

Any telecommunications experts or Private Investigators here who could shed some light?

Ta!

I looked at those early photos with mobile phone attached to his ear and thought, 'I bet you aren't even talking to anyone!' LOL

As for real phone calls on the mobile, I think police can still tap them somehow...thinking back to issues where the media have listened in to celebrities' conversations.

The landline at the new Toowong office could be tapped and I think there are devices that can even capture email messages on computers.

Any telecommunications experts or Private Investigators here who could shed some light?

Ta!

I m sure he has a Business Interest or at least a connection on LinkedIn in the Ozspy Business or a Director of one from memory, He would know whats available

Ta!

All of the above are quite easy once you get the warrants to do so. Getting the warrant is the tough bit, once in place though, it allows covert electronic, telecommunication surveillance to be carried out with out too many hitches.

not a word that passed his lips after his original 000 call that Friday morning, and 'unspecifed observations ' were reported, no mattter how many sim cards, phones, landlines, anyone elses phone, pigeon, smoke signal, anything at all, has not been traced, listened to, collated and scrutinised.

in my opinion.

The only exception would be calls to his lawyer, as that is illegal, and even those are sometimes accidentally heard by trace..just a momentary bit of inattention by the listeners its unfortunate, but it does happen and everyone feels a bit of a dunce.

I apologise if that is what you percieved to be my thoughts, I wasn t at all trying to down play someone achieving a University qualification at all, I am simply trying to comprehend the "image/persona" that the media have used. That this guy is a mover/shaker, runs a large entity, controls heaps of staff, bachelor degree, Chamber President, Scout Founder ancestor, etc.
They have made him into a well to do achiever who has fallen. My point is that , IMO he is none of them if you look at the other end of the scale. He could have scraped through Uni with a low GPA, I think there was discussion he didn t complete, and that just about anyone can do a weeks course and apply for a Real Estate Licence in a matter of weeks , anyone can nominate for Chamber president, usually smart Business types will let someone else do all the work and let themselves attend as members, and he is related simply by birth.

IMO and I add I don t know him , he is no rocket scientist, and certainly seems to own nothing, where is all his dough and friends

Further, IMO, I wouldn t be surprised if he used one of his famous script writers for that speech at Kenmore High, namely a Mr CopyandPaste

Sorry, I'm probably feeling a bit sensitive-tired! I agree that he certainly doesn't appear to fit the picture of the high achiever that has been portrayed. His actions have been hard to fathom at times (most of the time). I would think that anyone that is even a bit switched on would be considering how outsiders would be viewing their actions in light of the situation. If I was innocent I would not have acted the way that GBC has, but then again if I was guilty I would not have handled myself that way either. His behavior has not helped his cause! IMO
Love your posts and your "nous"!

they feel like dunces, because as soon as that misfortune occurs, the lawyer has to be notified that the call between his client and himself was, in fact traced and recorded, as bound by legal requirements to do so.

So I hope it didnt occur.

Having affairs, sneaking to empty properties for liaisons, no money, renting, people seem to think I am someone but I know I am really not,

its amazing what pressure and priority can do to a person IMO

If only people had thoughts like i love my kids, I ll get a job if I can t make money doing this, i may be renting now but I ll buy a house soon, I ll work hard to let people know who I am so that I can count on them when I need to

Its how you react when you under pressure that sorts the men from the boys IMO

My first post. I know there is confusion as to whether the girls were home on the Thursday night, but it seems a strange thing for there to be confusion over.

This from the Herald Sun:
Mrs Baden-Clay's three daughters were on a sleepover the night their mother reportedly went for a walk and didn't return to the family's Brookfield home in Brisbane's west.

Whereas the Courier-Mail:
The following day, on Friday, April 20, she had a full itinerary, including a work forum in the city and had planned to drop her three daughters off to a slumber party that night.

Both assertions seem authoratative, given the lack of "reportedly" or "apparently" in the text. Is this still a complete unknown?

There would have been, from Day One.

There was never another suspect.

Back in the early days police said they were treating him as a person of interest along with a number of others.

That is why he presented himself to the Police Station to be arrested. He knows he's been caught.

According to reports, he didn't "present himself to police station"....he was arrested at his "business as usual" office at Toowong & was charged later that night.

It is understood Mr Baden-Clay was arrested at his real estate office in Toowong Tower about 3pm

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/que...with-murder-20120613-209z7.html#ixzz1y6nCk7oJ

Something I've been wondering... The police seem to be alleging that GBC murdered his wife at their home and interfered with her body at Kolo creek. If they believe him to be guilty of those crimes then they must believe he was aware she was deceased and where her body was while they were searching for her. With the waste of police and SES resources, I'm wondering if there is not a charge or fine that could be applied for that? Anyone know?

I would hope so. Several of my friends took part in the search, costing them their family time, and fuel for the SES boats and trucks, and other resources. I kept saying GBC knew where she was. The shaking of the head when he said he'd told the police everything he knew immediately confirmed for me that he had in fact NOT done so. It disgusts me that people purposely waste DES resources like this. I think a criminal charge for doing so is appropriate, in any case. :banghead:

I was just looking at some photos from Allison's funeral, and it just occurred to me that it was strange that Olivia husband (who is a minister) did not participate in officiating at the funeral.

I am a catholic and often ministers from other denominations participate in important life liturgies, e.g. weddings and funerals, and if I had a BIL who was a minister I would want him included in my funeral. I don't recall seeing a photo of Olivia at the funeral, but surely she was present.

Her son was there, so I assume she was too.

My second post. I remember reading early on Geoff Dickie saying that GBC had called him on the Friday morning. Paraphrase: "He just called and said she didn't return from a walk. That's all he said. If she went for a walk in the morning, she would have stayed to the main roads, not gone wondering off into the bush."

A few things are interesting about this.

Firstly, did GBC fail to mention that ABC went for a walk the night before? (Geoff Dickie seemed to think she was missing from a walk she took that morning).

Secondly, regarding "that's all he said". Does that mean GBC hung up on them? Surely if your son-in-law calls and says your daughter is missing, you don't just say "okay, bye then". Surely Geoff asked a lot of questions, or tried to, such as "what do you mean she's missing?", "when did she go for a walk?", "have you called the police?", "where have you looked already?", "where should I start looking?"... etc... etc.

I think a transcript of that phone call would make extremely interesting reading. Has that been examined in much detail?

I would hope so. Several of my friends took part in the search, costing them their family time, and fuel for the SES boats and trucks, and other resources. I kept saying GBC knew where she was. The shaking of the head when he said he'd told the police everything he knew immediately confirmed for me that he had in fact NOT done so. It disgusts me that people purposely waste DES resources like this. I think a criminal charge for doing so is appropriate, in any case. :banghead:

It is so disheartening and so vile for the SES personell to search for a person when the ambience is one of a body being hidden by another person.. Its a dreadful horrible game of hide and seek and 24 hours a day for 11 days is just beyond despicable. SES personell usually have a very good idea if they are going to achieve a happy ending or a very very repugnant one.. it has a tremendous effect on them.

My partner, who is in the SES had this experience, searching for hopefully a live person that quickly turned into a dead one, in terrible circumstances, and worse, the killer was in fact part of the SES search, a long term volunteer, who actually had the nerve to join in the search, knowing all the time the young girl was buried not far from his home in the opposite direction *( he had thrown her mobile phone 20klms away) His poor father was in fact director of that particular area of the SES as well.

that was it for my friend. Never again, and he hasnt, either. It broke him , and I believe it breaks others just as much eventually.

Ta!

I thought he used the phone at his ear when photographed so he could look like he was concentrating on something. I have done it myself many times when I wanted to avoid talking to someone lol.

There wouldnt be many conversations that any of Baden Clay Clan have had recently that the police wouldnt know about.

IMO I think this is a very interesting case for Qld, because I can t recall a high society murder alledged such as the Kalazich one some 25 years ago in NSW being allegedly committed in Qld not IMO do I judge who or who isnt high society
QPS would not used to a POI lawyering up straight away and finding evidence would not be an easy task if the guy is no dill, remember their case needs to be proved beyond a reasonable doubt
Further, this is among the first to receive a great deal of social media attention, other than the Daniel Morcombe case, and peoples emotions and their own personal situations/environments appear to come to the fore. It is interesting Fairfax have decided to alter their Business structure and made an announcement this morning
I think that 1 the old fashioned media have shown its weaknesses now because twitter or websleuths for that matter let us know what has transpired before any news bulletin and that we all have seen how they report is not exactly Factual, more sensational, in other words don t believe what you read all the time, this and other type forums let us question, examine and more to the point, make our own minds up on our stance and opinions. I m guessing before our parents , grandparents could have been fed anything weeks, maybe months later and trusted the source without question.
The QPS job is so much more difficult these days, in saying that, is that a good or bad thing, a bit of both I suppose, but really it demonstrates one important point, times ara a changing whether we like it or not and we either adapt or get left behind
Thoughts

I know it's I'm grasping at straws here. But could that possibly be Allison's best friend OW is embracing? If so, it. It could be suggested that she didn't believe OW was at all involved and believed OW to be truly grieving the loss of a loved SIL. I truly hope so as I don't really want those poor little girls to find further involvement in their Mums death from loved family members.

I think the Dickies had been made aware very soon after Allisons body was found who was the main suspect. I also think those closest to Allison would also know.

Olivia did look concerned but I dont know if that concern was for Allison or for her brother.

I've seen this mentioned quite a few times..."that media have sensationalized this case"....everyone knows the media are about making $$$'s but in my opinion, especially concerning print media, they've kept this case in almost daily headlines because this is what people want to read...otherwise, as with so many other cases, there would have been barely a mention of it. (I don't think we'd be here on this forum without them...lol) plus...I think many of the journos want to see justice for Allison also.

Yes there have been a few discrepancies but for the majority of it I think they've reported it straight from police.

Re the comments by police as to "suspect/not suspect". Around day 1, Inspector Ainsworth said "GBC was a person of interest along with other persons of interest". Then the lawyer was engaged....after that when the Inspector was asked if GBC was a suspect, it was "no comment or I can't comment on that".

I agree regarding the POI comments, they came from Police. I don't really think the 'no comment' about GBC being POI is attributed to him engaging a lawyer. Day 1 yes POlice stated he was POI, approx 2 days later I heard media reports he was officially no longer a POI. Then in further reports the Police comments were always 'no comment' But I have often heard that comment attributed to perps in the past, when Poilce have a POI but are not able at that stage to comment. Not necessarily related to whether the POI has a lawyer at the stage of the comment.

MOO

Maybe their mob phones and all computers are still in police hands.
Maybe they don't have access to online searches at this time.

It is very easy to buy a prepaid phone which you can access the internet on easily, he had a phone in every pic I saw of him.

Other than the handcuff one of course, they prob had to pry it out of his hands to cuff him lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missylaforme