ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Understanding the extent and the impact of the media coverage across Australia, we wish to reassure you that any donation made will be kept strictly confidential and anonymous.

I hope the ATO will be notified haha.

Sad to see the major media players sacking a whole bunch of editorial staff this week and going down the road to converting to yet more daily brochures about stolen sausage dogs and reality TV scandals. Queensland has a unicameral parliament and only one major daily paper, which is a tabloid in size and content. The government has a huge majority. The CMC has been watered down. Who is going to ask the hard questions and keep the bastards on their toes if we don't have decent journalists and editors doing what they were trained to do? Queensland has a lot to thank the journalists and editors for who triggered the Fitzgerald Inquiry. The reporting on this case in the media has been quite simplistic and patchy, so I shudder to think what will happen if there are big time organised crime or public corruption issues without a decent cadre of credible investigative journalists to pursue them.

OMG So Allison just ended up under the Kholo Creek bridge 'on the balance of probabilities'? Talk about gall!!!!

I have to say I think that email looks like a scam (like the Nigerian bank scams)- I wonder if they did in fact write it. I cannot for the life of me believe that they would ask for help like this - no one does.

Understanding the extent and the impact of the media coverage across Australia, we wish to reassure you that any donation made will be kept strictly confidential and anonymous.

I hope the ATO will be notified haha.

I mean what's next....selling the deceased's clothes on eBay?..Just for the "deserving cause"....:what:

I've tried to keep my posts focussed on the legal processes and such but this semi-public appeal for money from OW really takes the biscuit.

What an extraordinarily crass thing to do. If you don't have the money to pay the top silk then don't engage one. IMO it's a bit like saying I need a car therefore it has to be a Ferrari.

Next they will be bleating that he has been denied justice because he had to use a normal lawyer like us common folk.
Yes totally crass and tacky, these people really don't get it.
Would love that poster to come back who knew GBC back in his school days, his revelations were most interesting. Seemed a leopard never changed his spots.
IMO

Absolutely agree Marlywings re Channel 10. My husband has actually rang Channel 10 and expressed his disgust and complaint for it being presented as a dirty piece of advertising. IMO its starting to look like he has friends at Channel 10 their reporting of this case has been far from anything condemning GBC. Their report tonight made me feel like the presenters themselves were asking for public support with achieving this $30,000.00 goal. Appalling channel 10 Appalling.

Agree!! I don't think they should have shown the account number etc... once they included how to donate, it seemed like a 'please help'. I still have trouble even believing it.:what:

Sad to see the major media players sacking a whole bunch of editorial staff this week and going down the road to converting to yet more daily brochures about stolen sausage dogs and reality TV scandals. Queensland has a unicameral parliament and only one major daily paper, which is a tabloid in size and content. The government has a huge majority. The CMC has been watered down. Who is going to ask the hard questions and keep the bastards on their toes if we don't have decent journalists and editors doing what they were trained to do? Queensland has a lot to thank the journalists and editors for who triggered the Fitzgerald Inquiry. The reporting on this case in the media has been quite simplistic and patchy, so I shudder to think what will happen if there are big time organised crime or public corruption issues without a decent cadre of credible investigative journalists to pursue them.

I agree...Sad to also see Campbell Newman today......20,000 too many government jobs :( It's happening everywhere.

If someone can get me the bank account details I'll pass them onto an associate in Nigeria who is actually the son of the recently deceased former king, he said he'd gladly help the grub out with US $ 12.6 million dollars..........

And on my maiden post after being let out of the naughty corner and in honour of the 'Save the Grub' foundation..I'd like to give a big one fingered salute and a nice '**** YOU' shout out to OW and the hypocrite!

Lolol too funny, def your best post yet.

Btw hubby said similar about the Nigerians getting their act no, but he isnt funny like you lol.

Yes, very bad taste asking for donations (if this email is ligit). But, I don't think Channel 10 has done anything wrong (and I would say they have checked with their legal team) in publishing this. It is a news story and one that will cause a reaction.

Part of the email from Ian and Olivia Walton.

To: Our family and friends
Subject: PLEASE HELP

To our dear friends and family

Our extended family around the world and those of our friends folowing the news in AU will know the heartbreaking news that our sister-in-law Allison went missing on Arpril 20th and her body was found 11 days later. Last Wednesday, 13th June, my brother Gerard was arrested and charged with her murder. We completely support Gerard in his innocence and are unwavering in continuing to stand with him.

We have been led to believe that there are two key legal events between now and any trial that may commence.

1. This coming Thursday 21st June, Gerard will appear for a bail hearing. At this hearing there will be a determination as to whether or not he is able to be released from prison until such time as the trial begins – which we understand could be several years away.

2. In the next several months there will be a committal hearing. At this hearing, it will be determined on the ‘balance of probablilities’ whether there is any likelihood that Gerard may have committed this offence. If they feel this to be the case it will be referred to the Supreme Court, with a trial at a date to be determined (again, this could be several years away). I it is felt on this balance of probabilities that there is not sufficient evidence we underrstand that he will be released and the charges against him will be dropped.

We have been told by Gerard’s lawyer that he requires AU $30,000 by no later than this coming Wednesday evening, 20th June, or the bail hearing will not occur.

Oh Olivia! You have gone too far. One of the tenets of Christianity is to continuously examine your conscience so that you stay true to the teachings of Christ. Unless you are deaf, dumb and blind and have been on mars for the past two months how can you not know the weight of ill feeling towards your brother and the way that he has behaved since his beautiful wife went missing. To ask for assistance NOW to defend him is honestly, in my mind 'unchristian' and damaging to those who do try to follow the bible's teaching. It's called reap what you sow and if you truly care about your brother, how about telling him to get down on his knees, tell the truth and ask forgiveness from God and all those people who have been hurt and offended by his behavior, regardless if he is innocent or guilty. (will now come down from my pulpit)!!!!

Money needed by Wednesday or the bail hearing will not go ahead... oh, what a shame, doesn't that really make you feel like donating?
Poor man, kills {IMO} his wife and then wants public help to get out on bail.
I just don't even see how they're allowed to ask for it AT ALL.
He should have thought about this before he did what he did. Maybe it would have been cheaper to divorce afterall.

I think that channel 10 would have had to be darn sure that it was legit, before they went to air with it.....Or else they would have to put out a very serious apology if it wasn't real.

I've always been under the impression that you cannot reproduce an email without the author's permission. Two things come to mind here. Either this email has been given to Channel 10 by the author or Channel 10 has paid the author. I'm going with the latter.

I've always under the impression that you cannot reproduce an email without the author's permission. Two things come to mind here. Either this email has been given to Channel 10 by the author or Channel 10 has paid the author. I'm going with the latter.

My thoughts too. If one isnt the intended recipient, they aren't meant too.

Something is very sneaky here.

We can always deal with that on here LOL!! Not much gets past posters on this forum and really what are we going to do with our tiime after the committal hearing and before the trial starts?

Yes, very bad taste asking for donations (if this email is ligit). But, I don't think Channel 10 has done anything wrong (and I would say they have checked with their legal team) in publishing this. It is a news story and one that will cause a reaction.

Yeah, CaseClosed... I just hope the reaction is not a bunch of *advertiser censored****t's digging deep into their pockets and donating!

I like the look of that prosecutor......He looks like a serious fella, that won't take any crap from anyone...... WOOHOO!!!!

Sell those number plates while they are at it.

At least worth $2,000 than there is always the rights to the 'pash', and the statement by GBC with OW to the media, this could be a real winner for silks to use fir future PR prepping other suspects on 'how not too!!'

Some photos of the cars for insurance companies to use 'I was okay little but hurt, it wasn't my car, I was suspected of murder, I was wanting to see my mistress, my phone was bugged.....but I was still covered for negligent driving!!! Switch to.....$

Thankyou gina rhinehart, love your latest work

I like the look of that prosecutor......He looks like a serious fella, that won't take any crap from anyone...... WOOHOO!!!!

Me too. Ever since I saw his photo tonight I've been singing

Oh Danny Boyle, the courts, the courts are calling
And Justice Glen Martin will be on your side. :rolling:

I have to say I think that email looks like a scam (like the Nigerian bank scams)- I wonder if they did in fact write it. I cannot for the life of me believe that they would ask for help like this - no one does.

I can believe that they would do this...the whole 'dear family and friends' circular emailing thing just seems like something the 'churchy' Olivia and her husband would do plus the B-C family just seems completely 'off' to me...but I am also prepared for it to be a big, fat scam.

However, if it's real then I am pretty gobsmacked by the audacity of it. Yes, I can see a family desperate to save a member of their own who they truly believed to be innocent appealing to all their associates for help...but, like someone said earlier, if you need a car you don't go asking your friends to buy you a Ferrari!

Of course the Baden-Clays want the best lawyer they can get for Gerard but, really, it is quite arrogant I think to expect your friends to foot the bill for one so expensive.

If this request is real (hopefully the recipients of the email will have an existing, verified email or phone number for Olivia and ask her directly) then I hope that the people receiving it don't feel pressured to donate just because it comes from friends. I think it's beholden upon them to really look at the case and make their own decision.

All I can say is that this case just gets weirder and weirder!

:rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster::rollercoaster:

:eek:hwow::eek:hwow::eek:hwow::eek:hwow::eek:hwow::eek:hwow:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads