ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Olivia obviously supported Gerard in his horizontal adventures.. no reason why she wouldnt support him in murder..

I suppose if you are asking for money from people for Gerards 'defense'...you have to put in the hard yards yourself.

I'm curious as to why you say she "obviously supported" him in his "horizontal adventures". She lives in Townsville, I don't really understand why/how you come to this conclusion.

If anything, I would think it would be something GBC would want to be kept secret from a Pastors' wife.

June 22, 2012 12:00AM

DETECTIVES investigating the alleged murder of Allison Baden-Clay returned last night to her in-laws' home where they conducted further searches of their property.
The Courier-Mail can reveal the car owned by Gerard Baden-Clay's parents was searched. Police rifled through the boot and back seat of the couple's silver Holden Statesman about 6pm.

After Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay walked their dog, they were intercepted by five detectives who spent about an hour with them, mostly inside the house, only coming out briefly about halfway through with Mr Baden-Clay to search the vehicle before leaving about 6.20pm.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lays-parents-car/story-e6freon6-1226404830587

That may be Mothergoose! I am an only daughter with two brothers and tend to do all the liaising and looking after in the family, particularly where our parents are concerned. (Coincidentally one of my brothers is 'Nigel' and his daughter is 'Olivia Elaine'............but there, any similarity ends!!)

PS I have long wondered what was on your avatar (maybe my screen isn't big enough!) and then you mentioned when joining the fray - issued with your own Koppers log, of course - you'd be the one wearing the 'sandals' like the goose....and then the penny dropped! I've had geese in the past and loved them - Polly, Molly and Wally. Can you tell us why your goose is 'shod'?:waitasec:

Well I couldn't take her (Camilla the goose)to court barefooted could I ? We aren't hippies you know. :pullhair:

You worded that well. I'm sort of semi tired and couldn't find the right words.

I've seen it where as a trial continues and what gets revealed doesn't seem to go quite to plan, a victim gets 'put on trial' (that's the expression I was looking for) so as to make it appear as if the victim was somehow partly responsible for, (asking for it) what happened.

It would be dreadful if that was the case. I honestly hope that doesn't happen because noone deserves to be murdered.

In my opinion, in the killer's mind it was all her fault. I have always thought her killer is a dumbarse, surely he won't put that beyond doubt by going that route in court.

I'm curious as to why you say she "obviously supported" him in his "horizontal adventures". She lives in Townsville, I don't really understand why/how you come to this conclusion.

If anything, I would think it would be something GBC would want to be kept secret from a Pastors' wife.

The media's reported that GBC announced to staff (and his parents were staff) that Allison had learned of his affair with TM, after which TM left, allegedly

That's pretty poor behaviour from a business principal, scoutmaster, husband, father, head of chamber of commerce, etc. and I suspect the parents would have put OW in the loop re: events. What reason would they have not to tell OW? What reason would Allison or even GBC have to not mention it to OW, seeing they were all such a close family unit, even working together

:what:What's that Makara? Are you sweaty and pale? Feel like there is a weight on your chest? Have pain radiating down your left arm? Have a sense of impending doom? I'll be right there!:bud::what:

Diagnosis::spinner: You're not having a heart attack pet, it's just this case...in this case! (But see your doctor if pain persists:hot:)

You are such a dag! :floorlaugh: I shouldn't laugh, DH had those exact symtoms not that long ago. Not good!

This is a close family. Nigel and Elaine knew, they worked in the office daily with them both, Gerard and Toni.. if Nige and Elaine knew it would be a long stretch to say that Olivia didnt know.. why the distance comes into it is baffling to me. Phones are commonly used , chats are had.. Olivia was of the opinion, and careful to publicly state this, that Allison was depressed.. well why?? Olivia would have known WHY..

Do you think he told Nige and Elaine NOT to tell Olivia? and do you think N and E would have obeyed that edict?

I find that hard to believe. However, luckily I dont have to believe it. Which doesnt prevent you from doing so.

Certainly, Nige and Elaine were not going to tell Allison about it.

To me, suggests someone who's been raised in siege mentality, someone either accustomed to living in an atmosphere of ' It's us against the world, kids' (and then you ask why this would be? What else has gone on with them in the past)?

or someone not quite right in the head - lacking emotional-intelligence, prone to unpredictability, even someone with PTSD

It doesn't jell: the pastor's-wife voice one minute and the crazy sprint the next

all my own opinion

With all due respect, would you please elaborate on how you come to all these conclusions?

June 22, 2012 12:00AM

DETECTIVES investigating the alleged murder of Allison Baden-Clay returned last night to her in-laws' home where they conducted further searches of their property.
The Courier-Mail can reveal the car owned by Gerard Baden-Clay's parents was searched. Police rifled through the boot and back seat of the couple's silver Holden Statesman about 6pm.

After Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay walked their dog, they were intercepted by five detectives who spent about an hour with them, mostly inside the house, only coming out briefly about halfway through with Mr Baden-Clay to search the vehicle before leaving about 6.20pm.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...lays-parents-car/story-e6freon6-1226404830587

Thank you :)

The link didn't work for me and I couldn't find it on CM site

So a supposed 'rumour' of an hour ago has swiftly been confirmed as fact, yet again

and thank you again. Nice to see the investigators still working hard

ANd when Allison did find out about, and Toni was fired.. and it then went on. ..... my bet is that Nige and Elaine knew about that, too. and Olivia as well.

I have so wanted to say that but bit my tongue so hard my hot chocolate hurt it. :rocker: As I said in a previous post I think OW was 'Out of the loop re GBC extra marital. exploits. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

""After Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay walked their dog, they were intercepted by five detectives who spent about an hour with them, mostly inside the house, only coming out briefly about halfway through with Mr Baden-Clay to search the vehicle before leaving about 6.20pm."""

That ^ is some serious stuff happening there...they don't send out FIVE detectives if it's piddly stuff!!!

Now, I didn't really expect GBC's lawyer (Peter Davis, SC) to say in his opening remarks that the Crown has a very sound case and a strong likelihood of success at trial, but...

...prior to the bomb threat, he did say that the allegations were "extraordinary" (I think) and that the Crown had a "weak case".

Before the security scare, Mr Davis had been responding to a police affidavit which detailed why the prosecution said Baden-Clay should not be granted bail.
"An examination of it will demonstrate the weakness of the case against my client," he said.
"(And) the extraordinary nature of some of the allegations being made."

Read more: http://www.news.com.au/national/sec...ng/story-e6frfkvr-1226403669080#ixzz1yR22aL16

I understand the defense attorney will try to put the evidence in the poorest light possible, but for a highly respected lawyer to describe the evidence as "weak", when that evidence is going to come out in the course of that very same hearing, surely means the case against GBC is not water-tight.

I'm kind of thinking that too after reading that report again. My partner thought it meant the same thing too. That's mine and my partners opinion only not fact

OLiva has been cleaning up Gerards messes forever, obviously.. if Nige and Elaine knew and they most certainly did about Ms McHugh, so did Olivia.. complicit in keeping that from Allison. When Toni McHugh was fired , when Allison eventualy did find out about it,, it went on , certainly Nige and Elaine knew about that too, and it stands to reason Olivia did.

and if Olivia knew about this, so did the Pastor.

Not what I would call exactly a friendly environment for Allison. hard hard times.

Yes, another very relevant perspective here. That's what is so confusing to me. On the one hand I can understand the concept of supporting ones family no matter what, and going in to bat for them. And i can sympathise to some extent with any of them who did not have any involvement or knowledge of Allisons murder. But if the family actually supported TM being in the picture, well it's just not nice. Someone posted here when this was mentioned ages ago that there was a photo of GBC & TM together, looking very much the couple, captioned simply 'Gerard & Toni' on the Facebook page of OW and of Nigelaine. And Nigelaine worked in the C21 office. I'm starting to get a picture that Allison really had some huge crosses to bear and that despite the joy of her 3 daughters she may well have been very troubled.

""After Nigel and Elaine Baden-Clay walked their dog, they were intercepted by five detectives who spent about an hour with them, mostly inside the house, only coming out briefly about halfway through with Mr Baden-Clay to search the vehicle before leaving about 6.20pm."""

That ^ is some serious stuff happening there...they don't send out FIVE detectives if it's piddly stuff!!!

Oh yes. this IS getting very interesting and making me think maybe the BC elders do know something.. it is just MOO..but the Police seem intent on finding something there.. again just MOO..

and I forgot..I was heading to bed..

This is a close family. Nigel and Elaine knew, they worked in the office daily with them both, Gerard and Toni.. if Nige and Elaine knew it would be a long stretch to say that Olivia didnt know.. why the distance comes into it is baffling to me. Phones are commonly used , chats are had.. Olivia was of the opinion, and careful to publicly state this, that Allison was depressed.. well why?? Olivia would have known WHY..

Do you think he told Nige and Elaine NOT to tell Olivia? and do you think N and E would have obeyed that edict?

I find that hard to believe. However, luckily I dont have to believe it. Which doesnt prevent you from doing so.

Certainly, Nige and Elaine were not going to tell Allison about it.

Sorry, I still don't understand how possible knowledge translates to obvious support. But each to their own.

I have so wanted to say that but bit my tongue so hard my hot chocolate hurt it. :rocker: As I said in a previous post I think OW was 'Out of the loop re GBC extra marital. exploits. :rocker::rocker::rocker:

may I ask why you think this, though?? " I think OW was 'Out of the loop re GBC extra marital. exploits' mother goose?

Why I think she was IN the loop is this is a family that visits back and forth all the time. . Olivia is right IN the loop of it all. So I am interested in why you think she was unaware of this ongoing and long term event, if you have time to respond, I would appreciate it.

This case is getting so confusing :banghead: :banghead: My partner is still saying that he thinks there was more involved than just GBC. Like i said in one of the threads my partner said IF anyone else was involved he was hoping GBC would actually tell them. Does this case seem very confusing to anyone else? Or is it just me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member