ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As well, I don't consider her a plus from GBC's perspective. It's possible GBC's legal reps consider her more of a hindrance

Maybe she just enjoys the limelight? Maybe she's accustomed to having a great deal of control?

The Dickies and the third BC sibling understand that the media will exploit and then burn. So maybe that's a life-lessons OW and spouse are destined to learn ?

It wouldn't at all surprise me if at some stage down the track she does the old 60mins interview...to add $$$s to the coffer.

Her presence will have no bearing on the outcome for her brother. He either did it or didnt. Being there, not being there bares no relevance, unless she knows more or possibly was involved (just like everyone, I havent a clue).

She can stand by, or walk away.....Either way will not change the evidence the police have. It will not undo what has happened. Her support of him will be hurting her life at home. The parish must know she is supporting a suspected murderer.

This is her choice. How one handles themselves is ones choice. She choice to behave the way she did infront of the media. She chose to cause issue in court.

I feel there is more to her here.

:goodpost:

It is interesting that the charge of 'interfering with the corpse' takes place at the Kholo bridge.. specifically at the Kholo bridge

maybe Gerard had to scramble back home, and get walking gear for the body, once a story had been created, undress her , dress her in the walking gear and scramble back home again.

I've not been to any of those barbaric countries you mention...have no desire at all to do so although I have seen plenty online, all of which I wish I hadn't seen....it's horrific stuff....like you, I condemn it....just as I condemn the barbaric murder of Allison.

Whatever happened at the courts today which delayed proceedings, I'm sure police will get to the bottom of it & whoever was responsible, probably some tosspot from the backblocks of nowhere, will face the consequences..... perhaps even in the same court building he/she/they disrupted.

In your previous post you said you were ashamed to be Australian today because of that. I wasn't ashamed to be an Australian today....I'm ashamed of the human species that allows these barbaric murders to happen in the first place.

What cheers me though is the fact there are all these good people, not only on this forum but countless other forums, of this same human species who continually speak out loud against these barbaric acts ....& that makes me damn proud to be an Aussie.

BBM: I'm right there with you Marly. I refuse to be ashamed of being an Australian! If certain (so callled) Aussies choose to be obnoxious, cruel, barbaric etc. IMO, it doesn't reflect on Australia as a nation or it's people. These people are in the minitory and should be dealt with according to our law.

It wouldn't at all surprise me if at some stage down the track she does the old 60mins interview...to add $$$s to the coffer.

Well now you mention it ....

Maybe a barter-type deal for legal representation ?

' And there's talk of a mini-series, tv doco and book deal too, so if you could just hold off a bit with the bills ... '

All just my fanciful imagination based on other criminal cases I've observed. And of course, MOO and allegedly

I agree marly and makara......My family are french....Though I was born here and have never been to France. I consider myself Australian and even my family do. I will not be ashamed of being Australian just because some few silly noodles choose to go against the Australian way.

I feel a little guilty in the whole Koppers Log situation...I suggested it may have been a Koppers Log that GBC had hit in the 4WD. I thought that was what they were all called, but I have since learnt (thanks to Websleuthers...) that Koppers is just a brand...along with all the other info I now know about these fascinating logs...

Actually I believe Koppers is both a brand and THE brand. The original and most are I believe 'Koppers Logs'.. from the website.'Koppers has established an enviable reputation for quality treated wood products in Australia. Our products are well known and our brand name is synonymous with treated wood.'

Lol, I am sorry, there I go again.. perhaps I could be PR for the company..:blushing:

I just had a thought... a dangerous happening my family reckons whan that happens to me.

Was wondering if during the trial, not only will Gerard's dirty washing be dragged into it (as has already been done), but am wondering if attempts will be made to pull apart and bring up issues about Allison we may not know about.

Maybe that's why it's so important to be photographed and filmed in attendance at the court ? Legitimises any first-hand/personal accounts or ghost-written versions of events, later on

Maybe that's why it's so important to be photographed and filmed in attendance at the court ? Legitimises any first-hand/personal accounts or ghost-written versions of events, later on

She would need to clear a few things up that wont be nice on camera though....Like "Gerard loves Allison"...."She was delightful". and so forth.

I just had a thought... a dangerous happening my family reckons whan that happens to me.

Was wondering if during the trial, not only will Gerard's dirty washing be dragged into it (as has already been done), but am wondering if attempts will be made to pull apart and bring up issues about Allison we may not know about.

Remains to be seen

They'll have their work cut out for them trying to blacken a murdered woman's reputation. The public will not be receptive. I certainly will not. Allison is not here to defend herself

A wise lawyer would resist the temptation

There wouldnt be any point in doing that, unless he is defending his killing of her.

No point in making out that Gerard has a reason to kill Allison. In fact, let that be Gerards cross to bear.. he has to maintain that she was an 'angel'.. why would he kill her?

if his story is he didnt kill her.. its now his lifetime job to portray Allison as without fault.

Otherwise his story, yet again, goes to *advertiser censored*.

I guess another option is if the defense only just heard some of the allegations against GBC as part of the prosecutions reasons for not allowing bail (??) someone might arrange a bomb threat to get it adjourned for more time to prepare counterargumetns?

Options for motive behind bomb threat:

1. Total nutter with no other purpose in mind other than to cause trouble - no actual bomb

2. Real bomb threat by persons unknown

3. Stunt by someone favouring GBC to try to show that he can't receive a fair trial - no bomb just an attempt to influence ultimately getting him off

4. Stunt by someone believing in GBC's guilt, to try to show that to release him on bail would be a danger to him and the public - no bomb just an attempt to ensure he stays in jail

5. Stunt by someone with an interest in ensuring the public are not allowed to be present at the bail hearing, or possibly any other hearing for that matter - as a way of ensuring the public hear very little of the facts of the case - wanting to prevent any chances of the prosecution case being ruined by accusations of trial by media and social media

6. Stunt by someone with an interest in ensuring the public are not allowed to be present at the bail hearing, or possibly any other hearing for that matter - as a way of ensuring the public hear very little additional facts of the case - someone involved who doesn't want the public to know how bad it was and what actually happened, which could be worse than we imagined

What do you think?

Actually I believe Koppers is both a brand and THE brand. The original and most are I believe 'Koppers Logs'.. from the website.'Koppers has established an enviable reputation for quality treated wood products in Australia. Our products are well known and our brand name is synonymous with treated wood.'

Lol, I am sorry, there I go again.. perhaps I could be PR for the company..:blushing:

The face of Koppers logs! That's you.

I hope they don't go down that road and put the victim on trial. It's not something a grieving husband would do and it wouldn't endear him to a jury. But then he has never really played the part of a grieving husband. Regardless of what was written about him being a POI at the start, can't blame the Police or media for his lack of actions in finding his wife. He should have joined forces with them imo.

Personally, I feel he will continue to proclaim innocence and never offer a reason as to why.

She would need to clear a few things up that wont be nice on camera though....Like "Gerard loves Allison"...."She was delightful". and so forth.

And let us not forget the big bottom lip once GBC was no longer in receipt of public sympathy as the grieving spouse awaiting his 'missing' wife to be 'returned to him'

such as the bolting by sis across neighbour's lawns and down their side alley in order, reportedly, to pick up bro who was waiting round the corner. To me that looked like something someone with arrested development would do

Then when the media approached sis as she was returning home, her arms laden with newspapers and we saw a woman who can shift gears in a second, from sulky-looking, 'oh no, not them again' to 'concerned sister in law' speaking in that pastor's-wife voice (which I personally find incredibly annoying and condescending. But then I'm not amongst the worshipful congregation)

All my personal opinion

if his story is he didnt kill her.. its now his lifetime job to portray Allison as without fault.

Otherwise his story, yet again, goes to *advertiser censored*.

If he intends to have any sort of relationship with his three daughters, he'd better not ever speak badly of their mother, in court or out

OW Lives in Townsville and could possibly have been totally out of the loop re goings on in GBC's life. He's he brother she loves him and the brother she knows and loves ,could never have done this------no way!! It's called unconditional love IMO, some would call it denial. I am not in her head and I don't know her but she seems like a very devoted sister a pretty nice person and passionate supporter to GBC's innocence to me. Pretty simple really IMO

I can fully understand OW fully supporting her brother if she genuinely believes he is innocent. It is quite possible that she feels the responsibility of being the primary support person for her brother even to protect her parents who (if they are not involved) may be in deep stress/ grief and confusions and this could all be potentially compounded by the possibility of age related health issues. The other brother lives overseas and is less able to help.

It is an incredibly difficult position for OW to be in and probably a lot for her to process and comprehend especially if she is innocent of any involvement or knowledge of what happened. I believe it is right for her to support her brother and her parents. GBC is entitled to a fair trial. Helping her brother through the various trials that will follow will either confirm in her mind his innocence, or help her to comprehend and accept his guilt if he in fact is guilty. I can fully understand her wanting to support her family. That is quite normal. We really don't know what has gone on behind the scenes in terms of relationships between various sides of the family even prior to this horrid crime, or even whether OW has asked GBC directly whether he was involved in Allison's demise or not. We just don't know those things. Perhaps OW has wrestled with herself about whether to help GBC or not and decided that this is the best way forward. Again we don't know.

The person my husband and I supported through a court case we actually had conversations with encouraging him that if he was guilty to just confess. But you have to be careful in these conversations to not discourage and disbelief a person, who if they are indeed innocent of what they have been charged with, is quite likely to be in a significant state of stress and anxiety and disbelief themselves about the situation that they find themselves in. If he said that he was guilty we would have still supported him through the process which in no way would have condoned what he was said to have done. We would have been supporting him not to try and get him off but to deal positively and constructively with what he was faced with.

To support this person through this court case was an incredible demand on my family and also for my husband and I personally. It was a logistical nightmare with our children. But it was something that my husband and I knew that we had to do and we don't regret our support of that person. It took us a long time to get over it. So I do really feel for the Walton's at this time especially if they have absolutely no involvement in this horrid crime. They have been through a lot and it is not likely to be over for some time. If OW genuinely believes that GBC is innocent I believe that she is displaying great courage in supporting him especially given what seems to be public perception of the case and GBC's involvement. Obviously if she is in any way involved or covering up for the family the scenario is quite different.

These are all just my humble opinions as we wait for justice to unfold for Allison.

And let us not forget the big bottom lip once GBC was no longer in receipt of public sympathy as the grieving spouse awaiting his 'missing' wife to be 'returned to him'

such as the bolting by sis across neighbour's lawns and down their side alley in order, reportedly, to pick up bro who was waiting round the corner. To me that looked like something someone with arrested development would do

Then when the media approached sis as she was returning home, her arms laden with newspapers and we saw a woman who can shift gears in a second, from sulky-looking, 'oh no, not them again' to 'concerned sister in law' speaking in that pastor's-wife voice (which I personally find incredibly annoying and condescending. But then I'm not amongst the worshipful congregation)

All my personal opinion

That was...strange!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads