ARREST!!! Australia - Allison Baden-Clay, Brisbane QLD, 19 April 2012 -#25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oddly, I saw nothing of Olivia when Gerards adultery came to the public notice.

Apparently thats ok... ??

Now he 'deserves the very best? '.........

Hey Alicat you might be able to answer this.

Do you know if there is any flat land that goes down to the Kholo Creek with horses on it?

Do you know Wirrabara Road? Does that have any horses on it on the creek side?

We have missed you BTW.

Mmm I don't know... I personally haven't been down those roads before but I will take a drive tomorrow and let you know.

Thanks, I've been lurking but trying to catch up with all the posts! :)

Hi Grannie, Yes of course re the highlighted section I totally agree. I did say in an earlier post that she is a devoted daughter and sister as well.Though my comments have mainly been in response to comments about her loyalty being misplaced or unwarranted. Olivia has been by her brothers side from the very beginning (before his arrest). To me her support has been unwavering. As time has gone on her quest has probably shifted from ----I have to be here for Gerard. I love him and he didn't do this. to OMG they have arrested Gerard . How can they do that !! What will this do to his girls, mum, dad,the Dickies me and my family...I just have to do something.....this can't be happening !!!
By standing by him , she is putting herself on the firing line ,and if GBC is found guilty she will get more than her share flack. Imagine how this will affect her if she unquestionably thinks her brother is totally innocent. Yes she is fighting for her whole family ,and their reputation by standing by her brother. I don't doubt it for a minute. Some would call her extraordinary some would call her a fool. I think she is just doing the best she can under horrific circumstances and I wouldn't want to be in her shoes for anything. Sorry to ramble on. All Moo of course.

Appreciate all you've said and Thanked your post

There's the other side of the coin too, of course

There's a third sibling, a brother. He's remained out of the fray. He hasn't chosen to draw attention to himself

It may be and probably is, that he is working assiduously on GBC's behalf, but he's chosen to be discreet

OW could, had she chosen, have gone the same route and her privacy would have been respected, as is her and GBC's brother

She chose otherwise. She put herself in the spotlight

Thanks Lovely. I feel another arrest coming on. :woohoo:

:what:What's that Makara? Are you sweaty and pale? Feel like there is a weight on your chest? Have pain radiating down your left arm? Have a sense of impending doom? I'll be right there!:bud::what:

Diagnosis::spinner: You're not having a heart attack pet, it's just this case...in this case! (But see your doctor if pain persists:hot:)

Willough I agree and thanks for illuminating this subject further. I have based my own views of what happened on a few things and a big part of that are the Police actions, reports and ultimate arresting of GBC. They have also alluded to more than one person involved in the murder or body disposal, and the 2 cars that were sighted implies that is the case. So for me I can't really see many alternatives in who the guilty parties might be, and I can't see that it is only one person involved. I questioned myself often in the early days but there's been a lot of time since then.

But - I still find myself feeling sorry for GBC - Yes, I looked at that photo of him in handcuffs in the car and I felt sick and I felt so terrible for him, like he was a child or someone who had a degree of innocence and vulnerability showing through and he was shattered and scared about how it has come to this. I also can relate to his sister and feel for his family to some extent in having their son and brother arrested for a horrible crime, and now having to navigate the court and jail system.

But then I feel guilty for feeling those feelings about him and his family, when I remember what Allison must have felt in her last moments of life, possibly a horror that is unimaginable. And I don't have a favourable view of people who hunt and kill animals for sport and personal glory, and display trophies of animal heads in pride of place in their homes. I consider these people have a different way of looking at the value of living things. I also don't have much time for pretentious people who do things like change their names to be associated with someone they consider to have more prestige than they themselves have. Not that it's a crime, but to me it's trying to be what you are not, and placing more of a value on image than other things of more substance.

Then, of course, there are the reactions of GBC and family to the Allisons disappearance and the discovery of her body, which I find hard to justify and really can't accept that everything can be explained away by saying "everyone is different and everyone reacts and handles things differently".

After todays opening comments at the bail hearing before everything went pear-shaped, and GBC's lawyer referring to some of the allegations being 'extraordinary' I do wonder if the murder and interference with the corpse involve something more confronting than a violent attack such as strangling and then the placing of the body under the bridge (as if that isnt bad enough).

I think some of these things are what holds people back from being empathetic to GBC or his family, because in the back of minds there is the feeling the case is worse than we expect and some of the family are involved. Even if the involvement is simply knowing it happened, it's hard to feel sympathy for anyone who said nothing and allowed the incredible waste of time and money and all of the associated stress and anxiety for so many people.

Thank you for your honest and well written post. I have also felt some sadness for him(and everyone affected) in the situation you mentioned. I did not want to post here as I was concerned it may come across 'wrong'- I am not as good at writing these things.. Don't get me wrong IF he is indeed guilty of this crime, and I am wondering what horrifying information is going to come out in evidence. It does not forgive or condone that at all. I could see what you saw the shattered, shell shocked feeling.. I think there is sadness for the situation as a whole that ended up this way and has split apart so many lives. (Was it an escalation of an argument that caused her death, was it more?.. ) And certainly none of this takes away from what happened to Allison or how it has ripped apart the lives of those she loved. And I find it hard to accept an escalation situation and then go to the lengths of disposing of body and all the rest, though I do realize sometimes people get into a situation and see no other way out.... Anyway in short before I waffle more, thanks for your well written and thought out post.

I have decided I will not discuss OW anymore. She has not been named a POI, arrested or charged with anything! She is a sister supporting a sibling who is innocent until proven guilty.

I clearly missed the logs thing. What thread was it all in, or did it go over a few? Thanks.

lol, probably better you missed it.. Not sure which thread, but some posters were not aware what exactly Koppers Logs were..some of us took the time to enlighten them..:D.. Now many websleuthers can extoll the virtues of the humble Koppers Log. lol

There's a third sibling, a brother. He's remained out of the fray. He hasn't chosen to draw attention to himself

It may be and probably is, that he is working assiduously on GBC's behalf, but he's chosen to be discreet

OW could, had she chosen, have gone the same route and her privacy would have been respected, as is her and GBC's brother

I agree......and with so much on the line, like what grannie and mothergoose have mentioned (which I do agree with them)......WHY? Why is she allowing her family (hubby and little ones), her world be involved in this, when she could have pulled away?........................................I do not feel that him being her brother is the reason why..............There must be a reason she would put so much on the line.

I agree......and with so much on the line, like what grannie and mothergoose have mentioned (which I do agree with them)......WHY? Why is she allowing her family (hubby and little ones), her world be involved in this, when she could have pulled away?........................................I do not feel that him being her brother is the reason why..............There must be a reason she would put so much on the line.

Do you mean maybe she is involved in whatever might go down if exposed? ... or something like that? Or because she can't stand the family name being dragged through the mud when they are so involved in the church?

As well, I don't consider her a plus from GBC's perspective. It's possible GBC's legal reps consider her more of a hindrance

Maybe she just enjoys the limelight? Maybe she's accustomed to having a great deal of control?

The Dickies and the third BC sibling understand that the media will exploit and then burn. So maybe that's a life-lessons OW and spouse are destined to learn ?

I may be wrong about this. Hard to keep up with all the information of who is who and who does what or lives where... but....

I think it would be much harder for the other brother because to what I understand he lives in Canada and went back home after Allison's funeral. Not like he can just pop in and out from home within reason and without high travelling costs involved.

?

Itsthevibe: What a tremendous post! Common sense with compassion. And I too looked at that pic of GBC cuffed in the car and saw: terror, humiliation and pain. Who amongst us hasn't done something really rotten in their lives that they regret and think of over the years, wishing it had been different? Of course noone can condone killing, but much as I hope GBC experiences the full wrath of the law, I can't help but looking at him and thinking how absolutely horrendous it must be to be in his shoes. I also find myself thinking that if they're all guilty of either assisting with the 'deed' or at the very least knowing about it, and if they were not fond of Allison (or she of them) then it would have been so hypocritical of them to be bleating to the public in the media....as someone said: they're damned if they do, and damned if they don't. It's such a horrible tragedy (including for the BCs) but I feel the most for the SHEs (girls) - innocents who will have to carry this for the rest of their lives, whatever transpires from here on in.

I laughed along with you all to defuse the tension of what was 'going down' (I was imagining each of us grabbling one of Unfoldingtruth's koppers logs and marching on the courthouse in our avatar garb with placards nailed to our logs 'JUSTICE FOR ALLISON' etc. - as a group we could be 'The Koppers', rather than the 'coppers'!!)....and I felt nervous waiting for the hearing as if I was going to give a speech in court myself. I am a bit alarmed at feeling so 'involved' when I know none of the players, but as Hawkins and others have pointed out, we are a very giving and caring society, and often feel the pain of others, whether it be through death, floods, fire etc. etc. (Cynics might say we like to 'suffer' vicariously through others, but I don't subscribe to this view!) I was trying to explain the whole story to my husband this afternoon, and honestly, you couldn't write a book of fiction that is more convoluted. But I really think that we have to oust Occam's Razor and the KISS principle, because IMO it IS going to be ugly and complicated in the end. Why? Everything has already been said before but the police were NEVER looking elsewhere for the perpetrator/s and wouldn't make an arrest without being absolutely bloody sure....it's just too big a case not to have 'enough' before arresting. As to COD - if there was blood in the car as MSM have now told us, then that had to come from somewhere on Allison. If she was strangled or drowned in the bath = no blood, unless she happened to burst a few vessels and bled. Jungle drums and smoke signals have only mentioned these two possible CODs, so where would the blood have come from? I guess if she was stabbed there would have been a great deal of blood evidence, which I don't think is the case. I don't think we can completely dismiss the excision of the hands hypothesis - it's been bandied about a number of times. The SC in court today got as far as saying there had been outrageous claims about GBC. IMO this means that there IS something very ugly or unusual in the whole business. Whether this is premeditation, the collusion of many others, the excision of hands, strangling in the bath and redressing of the body, and even the most recent 'salacious rumour' ie a 'boyfriend' (which has been alluded to a few times before - yes, I've read EVERY post godammit!), IMO SOMETHING is bizarro here......and I'm going to go MAD if we don't find out soon. I'm nothing but a sloth at the moment....just as I was going to 'retire' from WS GBC was arrested!...so on we go! I'm supposed to be editing a book for my BIL, but instead of wondering who is going to play who in the 'movie version' (it's a REALLY good book!) I'm wondering who is going to play who in the movie 'Feet of Clay'!!! Thank you all for being such caring folk - any humour here is JUST diffusion, and I know you all care deeply for Allison and her family, particularly the girls. (Any mob of people gathered together for anything at all squabble and carry on don't they? Forums....families.....workplaces...............................

:goodpost:.. I too was taking a break and a step back, retiring.. when the arrest happened too.. I think sometimes I need to just do that.. I feel sometimes I should be concentrating on other things in my life, lol. But it is hard to not check back.. by the way..I do have plenty of logs to go around. ;)

lol, probably better you missed it.. Not sure which thread, but some posters were not aware what exactly Koppers Logs were..some of us took the time to enlighten them..:D.. Now many websleuthers can extoll the virtues of the humble Koppers Log. lol

I feel a little guilty in the whole Koppers Log situation...I suggested it may have been a Koppers Log that GBC had hit in the 4WD. I thought that was what they were all called, but I have since learnt (thanks to Websleuthers...) that Koppers is just a brand...along with all the other info I now know about these fascinating logs...

I may be wrong about this. Hard to keep up with all the information of who is who and who does what or lives where... but....

I think it would be much harder for the other brother because to what I understand he lives in Canada and went back home after Allison's funeral. Not like he can just pop in and out from home within reason and without high travelling costs involved.

?

That's a point. Although I've heard it rumoured that he's been back since, which of course could well be just another rumour. Maybe he's fighting GBC's corner via forums ?

OLiva has been cleaning up Gerards messes forever, obviously.. if Nige and Elaine knew and they most certainly did about Ms McHugh, so did Olivia.. complicit in keeping that from Allison. When Toni McHugh was fired , when Allison eventualy did find out about it,, it went on , certainly Nige and Elaine knew about that too, and it stands to reason Olivia did.

and if Olivia knew about this, so did the Pastor.

Not what I would call exactly a friendly environment for Allison. hard hard times.

When the Dickies come out and say, well. Olivia is just peachy, and so is Nige, and Elaine, and by golly, Gerard, well... he had his faults, but ..

Until then.. as far as I can see, they made Allisons life hell. the whole lot of them. They stay on my black list.

OLiva has been cleaning up Gerards messes forever, obviously.. if Nige and Elaine knew and they most certainly did about Ms McHugh, so did Olivia.. complicit in keeping that from Allison. When Toni McHugh was fired , when Allison eventualy did find out about it,, it went on , certainly Nige and Elaine knew about that too, and it stands to reason Olivia did.

and if Olivia knew about this, so did the Pastor.

Not what I would call exactly a friendly environment for Allison. hard hard times.

Yes and thanks for focusing sympathy where it rightly belongs, imo

Do you mean maybe she is involved in whatever might go down if exposed? ... or something like that? Or because she can't stand the family name being dragged through the mud when they are so involved in the church?

Her presence will have no bearing on the outcome for her brother. He either did it or didnt. Being there, not being there bares no relevance, unless she knows more or possibly was involved (just like everyone, I havent a clue).

She can stand by, or walk away.....Either way will not change the evidence the police have. It will not undo what has happened. Her support of him will be hurting her life at home. The parish must know she is supporting a suspected murderer.

This is her choice. How one handles themselves is ones choice. She choice to behave the way she did infront of the media. She chose to cause issue in court.

I feel there is more to her here.

When the Dickies come out and say, well. Olivia is just peachy, and so is Nige, and Elaine, and by golly, Gerard, well... he had his faults, but ..

Until then.. as far as I can see, they made Allisons life hell. the whole lot of them. They stay on my black list.

Mine too

If the siblings weren't so photogenic, others would be agreeing also imo

I would suggest the following:- When Allison was declared missing the family closed ranks. Realising there would be media interest from the immediate police response on day one.
Apart from many , many other things that were allegedly discussed the decision on who would front the media on behalf of the family, may have been decided. OW may have more experience addressing groups of people where as the other brother may be shy and less able to do so. MOO On the other had she may have just been overwhelmed by it all and fell into the protective mode. As I don't know her this is just what I think may have happened. I felt she was very genuine in her concern for Allison when she fronted the media initially and she has probably been swept away by it all in an emotional sense ,and logic , re her at home needs have become secondary , if she is content they are being well cared for.. MOO and MOO That's all I want to say about OW..no offence intended.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alblake