Arrest in JBR case part 2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
:waitasec: What happened to my posts here? Am I missing something? I posted twice, one quite lengthy...

scandi said:
Hi Wudge,

I agree completely with your post ;) and thank you for it.

This case, seemingly above every other one I've seen sparks great passion in posters. No matter what their theory is about the case they hold to it. And they are so studied in every detail about it that it boosts the quality of every discussion group I have read, to the heights of forumdom. If you are not astute in these details you are at a disadvantage, as texasgirl has stated, and one quickly learns they need to study everything in order to have intelligent discussions.

You said "Thus, in reading how people feel, you need to determine whether or not a selective prism is being used to assess Karr as the likely murderer". In our speculation as to whether he is the killer, or not, I agree we need be open to ideas and not let our thoughts be tainted by previous beliefs we have taken on.

And to take this one step further, it is going to take one he!! of a grand attorney to defend this man if he is indighted. An attorney who can listen first, study completely and then have the charisma or penashe to be able to sell his case to the jury. It will have to be a great strategy imho.

Scandi

As things stand, Karr is likely to move the Jon Benet case into the elite class of the Elizabeth Smart case et al; i.e., a case that was massively screwed-up by LE and used by the crimetainment media to improve ratings at the expense of innocent but demonized victims of LE and the media.

I found the "we fell in love" comment very interesting - sounds just like stalkers of celebrities - they convince themselves that the celebrity is looking just at them, have a fantasy life where the celebrity is just as in love with them, even though they've never spoken, etc.

One last thought for the day for all the doubters out there......

Think about the entire case in the perspective of him really doing it. Still, nothing is sane, rational, and linear. He still did all the odd things he did (ransom note inside, the amount of the ransom, the text of the letter, the dead body, the various pieces) and they still don't make a lot of sense.

So wouldn't it also stand to reason that someone who premeditated such a strange and seemingly inconsistent crime scene and circumstances wouldn't also confess in the same way.

He doesn't look right, maybe he is so screwed up that the way he acted during his confession also was the way he acted when he killed JBR.

Remember, it doesn't have to make sense for it to be real.

Cal

Watching him last night on TV, I thought for a very placid looking man there was a lot of emotion running through his mind that showed in his face. He furled his eyebrows, seemed to clench his teeth as though he was quite angry. I thought maybe they were treating him stiffly, with force that we could not see on camera. And he had a glare in his eyes as he looked out beyond the person to his left that was most intense, several times, like he heard someone say something he didn't like. Then he swung completely to the opposite and became limp, almost swooning or in a dream world suddenly, flopping into that chair, and then making it difficult to help him get up to leave.

Everything we learn about this case now will have to be judged by the unstable state of mind he has, as to why or when he would have done something for instance.

candi

Kim Ii said:
:waitasec: What happened to my posts here? Am I missing something? I posted twice, one quite lengthy...
They are on the previous pages, posts #'s 279 and 280..:slap: <--love tap :)

Thank you Calus. Something else that is quite interesting is that one of the Roswell GA FBI agents used in tracking this guy is a computer expert. It has not been that difficult to find his wanderings around in usegroups back in 1996 and I am not a computer expert.

dragonfly707 said:
This guy's confession that I have been watching all day bothers me, it really bothers me! There are things that simply do not add up, and as he speaks he looks at times as if he himself does not have the answers so he says "no comment".
I agree, this bothers me too. But we have to believe the DA MUST have something other than just this guys' words. Otherwise they take the risk of looking like total fools again in front of the world. This guy is just a maniac which is why nothing he says makes sense.

After seeing him and listening to him, couldn't you just see him sitting calmly in the Ramsey's house (knowing he had time to kill until they returned) waiting until the right time to kidnap Jon Benet? He said he planned to kidnap her but things went wrong. Maybe he had planned to put her in the suitcase and take her out the window but discovered the suitcase wouldn't fit so he had to change his plans and committed the crime there and he left through the window.

He had lots of time to write and rewrite the ransom note and who knows, maybe The Ramsey's checkbook or bank statement was lying nearby which is how he came up with the 118,000 amount. It's possible he got that amount by snooping around to see how much money they had on hand.

stonewall said:
I agree, this bothers me too. But we have to believe the DA MUST have something other than just this guys' words. Otherwise they take the risk of looking like total fools again in front of the world. This guy is just a maniac which is why nothing he says makes sense.

After seeing him and listening to him, couldn't you just see him sitting calmly in the Ramsey's house (knowing he had time to kill until they returned) waiting until the right time to kidnap Jon Benet? He said he planned to kidnap her but things went wrong. Maybe he had planned to put her in the suitcase and take her out the window but discovered the suitcase wouldn't fit so he had to change his plans and committed the crime there and he left through the window.

He had lots of time to write and rewrite the ransom note and who knows, maybe The Ramsey's checkbook or bank statement was lying nearby which is how he came up with the 118,000 amount. It's possible he got that amount by snooping around to see how much money they had on hand.
I don't know if this is the right guy or not, I sincerely hope that it is. Yes, I can imagine that someone like this guy could have sat in that house and snooped and gained the information just as you theorize. My feeling is that no matter what, this guy deserves to be arrested if not for the death of JonBenet then at least for the internet *advertiser censored* charges and the outstanding warrants here in California. I sincerely believe that there is enough evidence on the internet to lead to the conclusion that he was someone stalking kids on the internet during 1996, at least if he is not the right guy in this case, he will have to answer for the others.

From what I have seen of this man in the news, he really doesn't seem to be the kind of person that could break into someones house and try to kidnap a child. Much less not leave any evidence that points towards him.

And he really is vague with his answers. He never says I killed JonBenet it was an accident, just that he was there and the "no comment" responses.

dragonfly707 said:
Thank you Calus. Something else that is quite interesting is that one of the Roswell GA FBI agents used in tracking this guy is a computer expert. It has not been that difficult to find his wanderings around in usegroups back in 1996 and I am not a computer expert.

I saw that pressor with Roswell PD earlier today. They stressed they had technology and have been working with Boulder PD for awhile. Also, they were involved because of proximity to the Ramsey's and to Karr's brother...very vague though.

I was in chat with Beth Karas at CTV today and she said Karr has priors in Georgia and Alabama but didn't know what they were for right now. She also said that the warrant was from Boulder not California nor was he arrested for crimes in Thailand. She didn't stay long as she going on the air but will be in California next week for Dyleski's trial and will go snooping for info on Karr.

dragonfly707 said:
That is interesting. Can you link some of what you have found?

Anita Richman said:
That is interesting. Can you link some of what you have found?
Anita I posted it twice on different threads I will look for it and repost. here.

I posted this last night on another thread (see below) the weird thing is do a google groups search for the word 'Powerwurks" I think this guy has been around for quite a wihile with some pretty detailed webscams in order to have contact with young kids. And notice the dates for Powerwurks postings they are all around the 1996 time frame.

From:an516222 - view profileDate:Thurs, Mar 7 1996 12:00 am Email: an516...@anon.penet.fiGroups: alt.missing-kids

Not yet rated
Rating: show options

Reply | Reply to Author | Forward | Print | Individual Message | Show original | Report Abuse | Find messages by this author

If it would help anyone on this newsgroup, I have the complete data base of
the National Center For Missing and Exploited Children. I downloaded it from
their website. Their URL is http://www.missingkids.org If you don't have web
access, I'd be glad to help.

My name is John Karr, creator of PowerWurks; a world wide support
organization for kids, teens and college students. At this time, it is an
e-mail based crisis feedback program. I have alot of plans for the future,
like an 800 hotline and more. All my plans revolve around kids. I am very
concerned about the well being of all young people. I'll do anything I can to
help find a missing child. I have 3 children of my own and I don't know what
I would do if they were taken from me.

Please don't hesitate to ask for my assistance. I can't send the huge data
base to you but I will share any information that might help you.

Please respond via e-mail to PowerWu...@aol.com
For quicker response, *don't* address e-mail to an516...@anon.penet.fi.

Sincerely,
John Karr
PowerWurks
Support/Feedback/Security
PowerWu...@aol.com
http://members.aol.com/powerwurks/index.htm
--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--****ATTENTION****--***ATTENTION***
Your e-mail reply to this message WILL be *automatically* ANONYMIZED.
Please, report inappropriate use to a...@anon.penet.fi
For information (incl. non-anon reply) write to h...@anon.penet.fi
If you have any problems, address them to a...@anon.penet.fi

concernedperson said:
I saw that pressor with Roswell PD earlier today. They stressed they had technology and have been working with Boulder PD for awhile. Also, they were involved because of proximity to the Ramsey's and to Karr's brother...very vague though.

I was in chat with Beth Karas at CTV today and she said Karr has priors in Georgia and Alabama but didn't know what they were for right now. She also said that the warrant was from Boulder not California nor was he arrested for crimes in Thailand. She didn't stay long as she going on the air but will be in California next week for Dyleski's trial and will go snooping for info on Karr.
There is a warrant here in Sonoma County for him where I live. It has been in existance since he failed to appear on charges here in 2001. A superior court judge here sealed it Wednesday according reports here, to cooperate with the authorities in Denver regarding their arrest.

Wudge said:
Rank amateurs who think their behavioral analyses of mouse farts to be highly probative of guilt would make the list.
Or anyone who might not agree with certain posters here also? Maybe?:waitasec:

Thanks dragonfly. I haven't been able to get onto Websleuths (too much traffic, wonder why?! lol) until this afternoon, so I didn't see your posts.

I find it scary that he uses his three kids to enhance his veil of credibility. :shivers:

Capture in Thailand
The district attorney in the JonBenet Ramsey murder investigation said Thursday that U.S. authorities spent months working to track down the suspect arrested Wednesday. John Mark Karr told reporters following his arrest, "I loved JonBenet very much."

tybee204 said:
I think Staff has reminded members to follow TOS when posting. Enforcing TOS and keeping the Forum orderly is why we have Moderators.
And we thank the Mods for keeping this a mostly civil place. :crazy:

Anita Richman said:
Thanks dragonfly. I haven't been able to get onto Websleuths (too much traffic, wonder why?! lol) until this afternoon, so I didn't see your posts.

I find it scary that he uses his three kids to enhance his veil of credibility. :shivers:
It gets even worse back then on the google groups he specifically talks and asks about sex with minors. It is slightly veiled in the form of questions. But knowing what we do know about him it is more than creepy to see it in print.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfcortez8
Back