***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really don't want to be gross and graphic but may I ask those who know more about this stuff- ummm, if he's being charged with murder, does this mean that her body was THERE at his HOUSE? Since May 19th? Or that evidence of a murder was found? :maddening:

Could be.
Or he's talking.

kidnapping means he took her from the scene..

and first degree means he thought about the murder even if it was a split second ahead of time

and murder.. well we know what that means.

I pray to all things Holy that Mickey is able to be recovered and he does not play sick games like the perp in the Sierra LaMar case.

So sad. I hope they have found or find her remains. He shouldn't be able to use that as a bargaining chip to make a plea deal and Mickey's family deserves to give her a proper burial/cremation/etc.

Where exactly is Bertrand Dr in relation to where Mickey was last confirmed seen? TIA

About 4 miles.

It is not far from the Taco Bell she ate at. The road the Daily Advertiser is on connects to an exit/entrance of I10 about 1 1/2 miles away.

kidnapping means he took her from the scene..

and first degree means he thought about the murder even if it was a split second ahead of time

and murder.. well we know what that means.

I pray to all things Holy that Mickey is able to be recovered and he does not play sick games like the perp in the Sierra LaMar case.
http://www.babcockpartners.com/resources/statutes/louisiana-first-degree-murder-law
Louisiana First Degree Murder Law
LSA-R.S. 14:30

A. First degree murder is the killing of a human being:

(1) When the offender has specific intent to kill or to inflict great bodily harm and is engaged in the perpetration or attempted perpetration of aggravated kidnapping, second degree kidnapping, aggravated escape, aggravated arson, aggravated rape, forcible rape, aggravated burglary, armed robbery, assault by drive-by shooting, first degree robbery, second degree robbery, simple robbery, terrorism, cruelty to juveniles, or second degree cruelty to juveniles.
Penalty Provisions:
C. Penalty provisions.

(1) If the district attorney seeks a capital verdict, the offender shall be punished by death or life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence, in accordance with the determination of the jury. The provisions of C.Cr.P. Art 782 relative to cases in which punishment may be capital shall apply.

(2) If the district attorney does not seek a capital verdict, the offender shall be punished by life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation or suspension of sentence. The provisions of C. Cr.P. Art 782 relative to cases in which punishment is necessarily confinement at hard labor shall apply.

Aggravated Kidnapping:
http://law.justia.com/codes/louisiana/2011/rs/title14/rs14-44/

(1) The forcible seizing and carrying of any person from one place to another; or

(2) The enticing or persuading of any person to go from one place to another; or

(3) The imprisoning or forcible secreting of any person.

Whoever commits the crime of aggravated kidnapping shall be punished by life imprisonment at hard labor without benefit of parole, probation, or suspension of sentence.

would really love to hear from aci now and what he has to say, does anyone know him personally and would be able to get him on? He did say he would not release any findings he made but he would talk once the case was solved. if my memory is correct

Please don't jump on me but question for ya all. I understand the POI lived about 20 miles from where Mickey disappeared. Is it the same direction as to where her bike was dumped?

No.

Bike was found 27 miles east of Lafayette. POI lives about 20 miles NW of Lafayette.

Very sad day.

I think we all pretty much knew this was coming.

Angola awaits you BSL.
Hard labor in Louisiana heat.

Okay, I have a legal question.

He was arrested by LPD. So does that mean that both crimes occurred in their jurisdiction?

Comments are being deleted over at the Mickey Schunik FB page. Looks like they aren't ready to give up hope that Mickey is no longer alive.

would really love to hear from aci now and what he has to say, does anyone know him personally and would be able to get him on? He did say he would not release any findings he made but he would talk once the case was solved. if my memory is correct

ACI might not talk even now. We all have to keep in mind he has been charged . But not convicted yet, Even though I firmly believe the LE has the right scum in custody.

Comments are being deleted over at the Mickey Schunik FB page. Looks like they aren't ready to give up hope that Mickey is no longer alive.
I saw that. I don't blame them at all. This whole thing is just so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toomanywomenmissinginbc