***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
i read a few pages back that LE interviewed the perp's neighbour im assuming that she was taken to his property, possibly held captive for a while? Otherwise why the need to interview a neighbour?

Is the address he was arrested at in Rayne? I see a 143 Elaine in Rayne and according to MyLife.com, he listed Rayne as an address.

I feel for his family as well. It must be devastating to them also.

Would Bertrand be a way to get out of town, heading up towards I-10?

i believe he would take highway 90 to church point. i think you can get there via i10 as well, but 90 would be quicker. locals, is this correct??

Comments are being deleted over at the Mickey Schunik FB page. Looks like they aren't ready to give up hope that Mickey is no longer alive.

I hope they have found her already. I can't imagine another family going through what Sierra's is going through, with many of her friends refusing to believe that the murder charge means anything. I think most of us know that LE does not make a charge of murder until they are certain.

i read a few pages back that LE interviewed the perp's neighbour im assuming that she was taken to his property, possibly held captive for a while? Otherwise why the need to interview a neighbour?

she didn't say anything informative other than she WAS aware that she lived next door to a RSO

I know police have been onto this guy for about 4 weeks. A friend of mine, who works at a car dealership in town, said that a strange guy came into the dealership about 4 weeks ago. Several things he said really alarmed her. He also mentioned he had a white truck, but said it had been stolen. He was apparently ready to make some sort of deal there, but when he provided his license, my friend noticed that he had tried to "white-out" the fact that he was a sex offender. As soon as he left the dealership (which was rather abruptly), my friend notified police. Today, my friend got a call from a detective, who said they had been building their case against this very guy, and that they were arresting him.

Is the address he was arrested at in Rayne? I see a 143 Elaine in Rayne and according to MyLife.com, he listed Rayne as an address.

I feel for his family as well. It must be devastating to them also.

i am confused about the addresses because last week when i googled 143 Elaine of Church Point, a trailer for sale came up. the trailer that the investigation is taking place at is not the same trailer that is for sale

According the one of the links posted above, they feel she was murdered on the 19th.

I just logged on and saw "ARREST" and literally yelled out OH MY GOD they've made an arrest.Scared the you know what out of DH and the dog!

Back to reading......I can't believe it

I totally forgot that my uncle is a judge in the 15th Judicial District. I wonder if he'll tell me anything.

i am confused about the addresses because last week when i googled 143 Elaine of Church Point, a trailer for sale came up. the trailer that the investigation is taking place at is not the same trailer that is for sale

I am confused by this also. There are a couple of 143 Elaine addresses in the general area. I cannot figure out which one it is. Maybe his home was recently placed on that plot of land?

It says "No Bond-Capital Case". Capital Case refers to a Death Penalty case, right? Not "just" 1st degree murder?
Not necessarily in Louisiana. It can be life imprisonment without the possibility of parole.

I know police have been onto this guy for about 4 weeks. A friend of mine, who works at a car dealership in town, said that a strange guy came into the dealership about 4 weeks ago. Several things he said really alarmed her. He also mentioned he had a white truck, but said it had been stolen. He was apparently ready to make some sort of deal there, but when he provided his license, my friend noticed that he had tried to "white-out" the fact that he was a sex offender. As soon as he left the dealership (which was rather abruptly), my friend notified police. Today, my friend got a call from a detective, who said they had been building their case against this very guy, and that they were arresting him.

so he's not a very smart person!

Your friend is owed a big debt of gratitude from all of us who've been following Mickey's case. . . .thanks for this message.

It says "No Bond-Capital Case". Capital Case refers to a Death Penalty case, right? Not "just" 1st degree murder?

If I'm not mistaking, all 1st degree murder cases are capital cases.
I may be wrong. Wouldn't be the first time.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member