***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Most all on here had everyone convicted of this crime including close friends of Mickey's; it seems that a stranger sex offender was somehow skipped.

Awesome...
Glad they made an arrest.
Hope he has a conscience and tells where she is.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk 2

I'm about to head out to a long day at work, and won't be back until after the PC, so I wanted to post this now before things got super crazy.

Thank you everyone who made all of us from the area feel welcome. It's been an amazing time here, and I've learned so much from you all and about you as well -- most importantly, I've learned that people out there DO care, not just here in our town.

I'm glad that I could help in my own tiny way by providing the videos I did. Even if they weren't helpful to you all, at least I felt I was doing *something* and that was priceless, IMO.

I'll admit that I'm heartbroken and not sure I want to continue visiting the site. It's hard for me to find such a tragic ending to the first case I've ever done any sleuthing on, and it's depressing, to say the least. I'll try to stick around, but I know there are lots of people who are in the same boat as me.

Also, all of you people who live here in Lafayette and the surrounding areas, it's been wonderful meeting ya'll online. I'd love to meet some of ya'll in person if it ever came to it, but even just saying I know ya online is good too.

Much love to everyone and especially to the Shunick family. <3

I would think criminals would get nicer with time, especially if they have served 8 years in prison and have been on probation; would that not make any one shape up? I mean a time out on here shaped me up; ya know what I mean?

Not Tier 3 Registered Sex Offenders or pedophiles or pyschopaths and so on and so on....

What I don't understand is the alleged truck seen in the surveillance videos is the one owned by the acccused, right? Wouldn't the first ones to be looked at be any registered sex offenders with the same truck?

Am I missing something?

That is what I think. I have been going through Google Earth and do not see his trailer/home and have been looking for the out buildings. The images are old so I think someone may have bought that home and moved it.

The house burned (it was stated by the neighbor who came to use her house telephone) and it was obvious the mobile home there was fairly new.

I would think criminals would get nicer with time, especially if they have served 8 years in prison and have been on probation; would that not make any one shape up? I mean a time out on here shaped me up; ya know what I mean?

You're thinking of the average person who would learn a lesson and adjust his/her life. Many criminals just get angrier and more brazen because they're mad at the world, blame others for their problems, have control issues, have dominance issues, etc. You name it. Career criminals, repeat offenders, don't get better, they got worse.

I haven't posted much in the thread but I've read here. I didn't post often because my thoughts were along the lines of a random act of violence, especially when I found out she was out alone at 2am. The damaged bike convinced me. Others here were looking at people closer to Mickey and I couldn't keep up, my mind was on that bicycle.

Let's remember, law enforcement doesn't always tell the public what they're doing. They work meticulously. They want answers, they want to find the missing and arrest the perps, and they want convictions. Showing their hand doesn't help their investigation when the perp is listening, too.

Lafayette was our 'home away from home' after Hurricane Katrina, so I'm very familiar with the area, plus I visited there many times over the years. I did what little I could in this case. I appreciate the real locals who helped so much, posting pics, maps, videos, etc. Everyone has been so helpful in this heartbreaking case. I'm awed that people from Australia, Canada, and elsewhere came here to help find Mickey. You're all real troopers. Bless all of you. :blowkiss: I hope you'll help us with other cases in the future. :heartluv:

What I don't understand is the alleged truck seen in the surveillance videos is the one owned by the acccused, right? Wouldn't the first ones to be looked at be any registered sex offenders with the same truck?

Am I missing something?

I wouldn't be surprised if the alleged perp has been under surveillance for some time... IMO.

does anyone know if the girl he raped a long time ago was a friend or coworker or was it totally random?

Thoughts and prayers to her as well. You know this is a hard time for her as well. It could have do easily been her that time also

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I wouldn't be surprised if the alleged perp has been under surveillance for some time... IMO.

I'm pretty sure he has. I read a post lat night on tiger droppings? From a poster whose family was romantically involved and he had been in contact with LE for weeks.

Morning, Artis, brazgal, BunnyHop, ChiTownLass, ellabella, IronyDetective, Jag11, lisalou22, mayqueen, mimi56, mimibear, montana_16, MusicJunkie, prayersforthemissing, Simonduo, tlzzdavis, VenusRules6, waiting1979, waltzingmatilda, WEsmom, yorick..

Most all on here had everyone convicted of this crime including close friends of Mickey's; it seems that a stranger sex offender was somehow skipped.

No I think stranger sex offender is always in the back of everyones mind, at least it is for me. It was the 1st thing I thought of. but we just had to sleuth all possibilities. The other possibilities would have been better :(

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk 2

I realize that a lot of people don't put a lot of stock in satellite images. These appear to be fairly recent. I took a look at my house and my new car in the driveway. Few months old.

the address doesn't work right. see too many continents.

Am I missing something?

IMO. FWIW. In many cases LE only investigate RSO(s) within a certain mileage of the "crime scene/last known location". Not saying that is always the case but seems to be a norm.

But with that being said...I do believe this guy was being watched. They may have been waiting on lab results.

Very glad that Mickey's loved ones will have some closure even though it is certainly not we were all hoping for.

I'm sickened, saddened and completely heartbroken over this.
I came out of lurking and joined this forum because of Mickey's disappearance. I think the thing that hits me the most about this is that it could have been me. I mean, not in Lafayette, but in my youth I've done so many things that were dangerous, not thinking of consequences. Thinking that nothing bad could happen to me, that I could handle anything.

Thanks for this forum. I've tried to talk to my hubby about Mickey, and other missing people cases I've been following, but he doesn't understand my interest and kinda just ignores me. It's nice to have a group of people working together with the same interest and goals. I hope to become more active in the forum as time goes on.

My heart is broken for the Shunicks.

I think it is the same lot but doesn't look like the same house. We posted a link a while back that shows this house for sale.

The original house burned & must have been recently; the neighbor interviewed said he used her house phone, when his house caught fire & called the fire dept. I worry about this because I wonder how long that trailer has been there.

The scariest part for me is wondering whether or not he is involved in the disappearances and/or murders of other women in the area that didn't get the attention the Mickey case did. If he is guilty I hope she is the only victim of this man. It makes me wonder about the serial killer killing women in Jennings, which is only a hop, skip, and a jump from Church Point where he lives. All he has to do is hit I-10 and head in the direction opposite of Lafayette to get there within minutes.

Morning, Artis, brazgal, BunnyHop, ChiTownLass, ellabella, IronyDetective, Jag11, lisalou22, mayqueen, mimi56, mimibear, montana_16, MusicJunkie, prayersforthemissing, Simonduo, tlzzdavis, VenusRules6, waiting1979, waltzingmatilda, WEsmom, yorick..

Thank YOU, Foxfire for your contributions and dedication.

:angel:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member