***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still really confused about the murder charge being in Lafayette (city of Lafayette is in Lafayette Parish) rather than in St. Landry Parish where he lives. This has to mean they believe she was murdered in Lafayette...maybe in the desolate areas along her route after the Circle K (I can think of a few where it'd be very unlikely anything would be seen or heard at 2am, especially if it happened IN his truck and it was parked with its headlights off). It sickens me to think about it....

If its the same house I went to, then he had multiple family members living with him, including his father and potentially mother and brother. So it would make sense for him not to bring her back home.

Very well could have all actually happened at Whiskey bay. That area is DARK at night, and nobody ever patrols it, its just this long stretch of really bad road and swampland.

Now, if his family isnt still living with him (if its the same people I was thinking of), then he may have brought her back to his place, and eventually once he realized he'd be a suspect, dropped the bike off in whiskey bay on the way to his work place (which is indeed the route he would have traveled).

lot's of cajun daddies don't care about class when it comes to stuff like this. if they had their way, people like this would be hung in town square. i'm not saying it's right, but South Louisiana is a special place for many reasons. the hard core cajuns are different

Trust me, I totally "get" that mindset. I know folks like that in the area. Hell, I'm related to a couple. ;)

But...I think if I were in the position of being a business owner...

...heck, just being a regular John Q Citizen...I'm willing to withhold the worst of my venom for the time when we know more than "a suspect has been arrested".

And if I'm putting something like that on the marquee of my business, I think I might be inclined to wait until there's been a conviction or a confession.

Just my .02, of course.

Yeah he looks more fit. Perhaps he goes to a gym in Lafayette, and was on roids?

He definitely looks like he's lost weight-
maybe he's been thinking the police were on to him in the last few weeks and the anxiety led to problems eating or weight loss.
That's my bet.

Thanks... I realize I said some things that may sound a little mean about the immediate family, but this whole situation... to have met Mickey before, to be best friend with several of her friends, I was in her same general social circle... and these people and that house stood out to me 2 years ago and I have always been creeped out by that event. It was hands down the worst hour of my life as a car salesman driving them back home. And then when I saw the house again, the location, and the last name, it all came back to me.

I wouldn't worry about it. Being considered slow and uneducated sounds mean, but you were giving a description to help others ID if this was him and his family. May sound mean but if its true than what can you do? Truth hurts sometimes. And if it is his family, who really gives a flying crap if its damaging to him? I know someone said there was another person with the same name so it may not be him, but I doubt that he lives in the same location. If you dropped him off at the same house, then it has to be the same guy.

I'm aware of Sierra's case, and i'm praying so hard that the same doesn't follow in Mickey's case. Such torture for all who love Mickey.

:(

IIRC, wasn't said that the home on that lot is pretty new, his old one caught on fire and he used the neighbors phone to call the FD?

Depends.

If the house fire occured prior to... I'd say June 2011, then it wouldn't be the same house. This encounter occured somewhere between August 2010 and April 2011, when I worked at Alpha... so actually a bit under 2 years ago I suppose.

It IS however the same last name, same general area, and someone has contacted me with other names associated with the address that seem to match the names I remember the people I drove up there had, and the ages are correct as well.

Also, for those not from around south Louisiana...

Families tend to live VERY close to each other. As in, he probably had relatives right on the same street.

(and I can answer just about any other question about Lafayette. I lived there for a long time, and Br... I passed over Whiskey bay every weekend visiting my girlfriend in BR before I moved there).

Did someone say he frequented artmosphere? How do you know this? If this is true, then MS very, very possibly did know the perp, because her entire social circle went to artmosphere a lot.

If he has a girlfriend that stays with him sometimes would he use his home as a place where he takes his victims? if he is intelligent like some people say he is (although the auto dealer thing doesn't make him sound so, and possibly running someone down with your car so their is evidence also doesn't make him sound so) you'd think he wouldn't bring them back home in case he was searched, especially since he is a RSO and he has been accused in at least one other case before. so is there somewhere else he would have taken his victim(s)? surely he wouldn't have been able to do all this in his truck? do you think they've found this possible 2nd location?

all MOO and trying to make sense of this

I dont think he took her home!
I think he murdered her that night and put her somewhere and then tossed the bike. I also think he maybe took something she had with her home.
Just a thought!

Why would she say that? You'd think the police would inform her family if she was dead or alive, before going public about it, right?

The key word is 'tiny'. You always have to hold a glimmer of hope even when you know the truth. You can't feel like you have given up completely on someone that is so hard to let go.

If its the same house I went to, then he had multiple family members living with him, including his father and potentially mother and brother. So it would make sense for him not to bring her back home.

Very well could have all actually happened at Whiskey bay. That area is DARK at night, and nobody ever patrols it, its just this long stretch of really bad road and swampland.

Now, if his family isnt still living with him (if its the same people I was thinking of), then he may have brought her back to his place, and eventually once he realized he'd be a suspect, dropped the bike off in whiskey bay on the way to his work place (which is indeed the route he would have traveled).

Bolded by me. I have also thought for a while this is a distinct possibility as well.
That exit either needs to be closed or have better lighting & several security cameras.

The murder charge is in Lafayette, though, makes me think the police have reason to think the murder happened in Lafayette Parish, rather than WB (which is either Iberville Parish or St. Martin Parish; I forget which, or his home in St. Landry Parish). Or maybe they really don't know where the murder happened yet...but it seems you'd have to have an idea before a parish could charge someone with murder one.

I have also thought for a while this is a distinct possibility as well.
That exit either needs to be closed or have better lighting & several security cameras.

You ever pass over that exit?

Nobody... NOBODY... exits whiskey bay at night, lol. Just the area always seemed to give me the creeps. Swamps and a very swift river, and a long corridor that even if you lit the exit, you've got 60 miles of swamp road to pull off to the side on.

Here we go once again. A RSO is arrested for yet another possible murder. I don't want to loose hope that this creep has Mickey tied-up somewhere and she is still alive but I know I'm wrong. :( RSO can not be fixed! These monsters are sick and need to be locked-up and not released back into society. They are messed up in the head and can not be fixed. They need to stop letting these people out of prison.

Exactly! I said the same thing!

So what do we do about!

what can we do so we dont have to sit and read these threads every day and try to figure out what they did with these children!

where do we start?

Last night I believe Bessie said they are going to open up a new link for the press conference today. Can we link to the presses thru ws or do we need the link to the tv station?

This is the link for the station:
http://www.katc.com/pages/katc-live-streams/

here is the link to the thread that will open shortly before the presser (I have also bumped it back up to the top)

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177910"]Mickey Shunick Live Stream Link for 7-6-12 PC - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

LE will show enough probable cause to arrest him on the charges and everything else we are given is a bonus. I really don't expect too much info today.
The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution reads:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/Fourth+Amendment
I think it's far overdue that the Laws protecting such offenders be changed.
Seriously.... If anyone knows of how I can help see these laws get changed, please let me know what I can do.

Here is the link to the thread for the presser. It will open shortly before the presser starts in 1 1/2 hours.

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=177910"]Mickey Shunick Live Stream Link for 7-6-12 PC - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub