***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder where this creep was when Holly Bobo went missing? I can't help but see a huge resemblance between Mickey and Holly.

I am assuming she set her page to private----for privacy ;-) People were tagging her on the perps pick and talking about how mickey was deceased. This is not fact yet and if I was her, I wouldn't want to her it from everyone (who is no one to her). JMO Eagerly awaiting the press conference, while pacing my house!

Seriously, I need to get so much done today but I can't do anything at all except thing about Mickey. I wish that press conference was now. I hope they actually give us some info instead of just this is the guy, he's arrested in related to MS case. Thank ya.

I haven't been around in a while, but said I'd come back when there was some news in the case. I'm glad we have news. I'm distraught that this is what the news is. I knew in my heart this was likely how this would turn out, but I just didn't want to believe it.

As many have said before me in the last 18 hours, it has been as much of a pleasure sleuthing with ya'll as sleuthing such a horrific thing could be a pleasure.

Here's to hoping the family has, or gets very soon, some definite answers.

Oops, this ain't right...

"Lavergne owns a Chevrolet Silverado, which helped lead police to his residence. He is listed as a sex offender after being convicted in 2000 of aggravated sexual battery. Lavergne was released after serving eight years in prison and lives only six miles from where Shunick was last seen." BBM

Link: http://www.christianpost.com/news/m...est-charges-against-known-sex-offender-77757/

So technically he could have been preying on women for the past 4 years. Guess incarceration did nothing. Which is most often the case. There has to be another way to deal with these people. Perhaps all he did learn was try and ensure his next victim/s would never be able to testify. So sad all these cases......sigh.

I just hate the fact that my cornucopia is useless now.

Truth be told, I had finally gotten all my facts together.

My only regret is that I couldn't give a proper description sooner.

Thanks to all for putting up with my "it has to be a 2009 -2011 Chevrolet Silverado" crap.

So am I the only one who worries that Mickey was not his only victim?

Definitely not.

I want him checked in relation to all of the missing women and girls (and unsolved murders of women and girls) from Lake Charles to south of New Orleans
....particularly any "endangered runaway" teens from Lafayette who went missing in the few months before Mickey disappeared, like Tanya Thibodeaux:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=8030868"]LA LA - Tanya Lynn Thibodeaux, 16, Lafayette; 21 April 2012 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

He looks so much different in his RSO mug shot vs his mug shot from yesterday. He looks younger and more handsome!??? I am beyond furious at this man. I wish they wouldn't keep him protected from the other inmates :furious:

For those in other time zones, it is 10:50 AM. The conference will be in 2 hours and 10 minutes...or approximately the time this board will erupt.

I see nothing from your two links besides a global map.

There is no way to link the actual address view. Sorry.... Didn't realize that when I posted. You have to put in the address. Most of the companies are labeled so it is fairly easy to see what is what.

Maybe they just found forensic evidence and they hope she is still alive and perhaps it was just an injury that led to the evidence. I can't blame them. I would probably still hope if it were my sister until her body was found. I guess that says that Mickey was not on BSL's land.

--------------

My bold above.

Once again, I reference the Dru Sjodin case. [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dru_Sjodin"]Murder of Dru Sjodin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

This is because I followed it for months, and the ground searchers and those online were working together trying to figure out where she could be.

Rodriguez, a Level 3 sex offender was arrested prior to Dru's body being found. He eventually was charged with capital murder because it was thought after he kidnapped her, he took her across state lines.

Some of us (not weblsleuths, different website in 2003-2004) were trying to figure out where he could have taken her and try to define what Rodriguez' comfort zone was, his childhood, his past crimes, and where he lived originally. In tandem with this, a P.I. for the family, ex-LE, was diligently searching and finding out info. relative to the suspect's past.

Ultimately, if I'm not mistaken, Dru was found by this P.I., in an area, outside the parameters of the original mass searches, where the suspect had lived as a child--it was discovered that the suspect had lived in a house there, that had subsequently burned down years prior.

I still hold out hope that there is a slim chance Mickey is still alive. Could the suspect here have stashed her somewhere without murdering her yet?

Classy. :waitasec:

lot's of cajun daddies don't care about class when it comes to stuff like this. if they had their way, people like this would be hung in town square. i'm not saying it's right, but South Louisiana is a special place for many reasons. the hard core cajuns are different

If he has a girlfriend that stays with him sometimes would he use his home as a place where he takes his victims? if he is intelligent like some people say he is (although the auto dealer thing doesn't make him sound so, and possibly running someone down with your car so their is evidence also doesn't make him sound so) you'd think he wouldn't bring them back home in case he was searched, especially since he is a RSO and he has been accused in at least one other case before. so is there somewhere else he would have taken his victim(s)? surely he wouldn't have been able to do all this in his truck? do you think they've found this possible 2nd location?

all MOO and trying to make sense of this

I haven't been following Mickey's case very closely but I have been praying for her, her family, and the searchers since we first heard of her disappearance. I just had to sit down and cry when I heard the news of this arrest. Cried for Mickey, cried for family & friends, cried for our children, and cried for those of you who have been following her story and hoping & praying for the best. It's a sad day and a sad time for Louisiana.

I am thankful that LE seem to have found the guy and thankful that Mickey's family will get some answers. I hope they get Mickey back, too.

Just wanted to send a virtual hug and much love & respect out to everyone who cares about Mickey and who is sick about this evil, evil, evil crime. Let us not grow weary but be more determined to make a difference wherever we are planted. I know that Mickey's life will make a difference for good in this wicked world.

the address doesn't work right. see too many continents.

Sorry!!! I entered the address of the Wood Group on Ambassador Caffrey then searched for the building. It was easy to find. Google Earth never shows a clear image or side views for me. This satellite image was very clear.

lot's of cajun daddies don't care about class when it comes to stuff like this. if they had their way, people like this would be hung in town square. i'm not saying it's right, but South Louisiana is a special place for many reasons. the hard core cajuns are different

i dont blame them one bit. i liked the billboard. i think i would have went in to eat there that day or purchase something because of it. i'm ANGRY and i'm glad people in the town are staying up to date on the case and that they care. maybe it's wrong to say what they did. but i really dont care. he deserves what he gets if he really did what he is accused of. maybe it's because i'm southern i have the same frame of mind. if it was my sister, my daughter, i can't imagine what i'd want to do to him

Bolded by me. I'm starting to think 20 years without parole or even life without parole makes more sense for third tier RSOs, not 7-9 years or whatever they seem to usually get or be out in and then go on to repeat these types of crimes but also then murder their victims. Putting them away longer or forever would be expensive as heck, but we can't put a price on the lives of Mickey, Kelli Bordeaux, Britanee Drexel, etc.....

One strike. These people can't be fixed.

When I've expressed to people in the area that I hope the charges stick & the jurors won't be idiots who'd let him walk like certain idiot jurors in the Casey Anthony case, I have been told that he better hope no jury lets him walk. He's safer in jail than in Cajun Country. (I should also add had Casey Anthony lived in Louisiana, I doubt she would have walked).
Although I'd love to see him in general pop. You can bet some Cajuns & coona**es who have heard about Mickey's case are gonna find him in Angola after he's convicted/senetenced to LWOP and make his life really hard. He deserves it. The death penalty is too good for him- he'd be able to sit in a private cell for 20 years while appealing his case at the tax payers' expense before he was actually put to death. Not enough suffering, if you ask me. Put him in general pop and let the other inmates have at him and he might just get his from them, like what happened to Jeffrey Dahmer.

Hello, All,
I rarely post but try to read EVERY post and today I feel I must send you all a big hug and many thanks for all you have said and done in this path to finding Mickey and allowing me to tag along.
I am so very sad this morning , along with you all,that there is little hope that she will be found as her family and friends and everyone here want her to be but can understand how the family would cling to even a tiny shred of that hope.
My heart's prayer continues to go out to them and that she may be returned to them ....no matter what.
Thank you again, especially all you great LA folks!!
Peace be unto you.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member