***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No, Gretna is past new Orleans. In the direction the bike was found.

LE can of course charge someone with murder without a body, although in most cases, it is usually much later, even years, after the person has vanished. In Sierra's case, as well as Mickey's, they must have very good reason and at least some evidence that Mickey is deceased to make the charge so soon.

2550 Belle Chasse hwy Gretna LA 70053 is his work address, is this close to where she is thought to be abducted?

Gretna is located on the westbank of new Orleans; a good 2.5-3hour drive from Lafayette.

Which is exactly why I think he dumped the bike, and potentially the body, on his way to work offshore.

I havent posted in awhile, but wanted to come here after seeing the breaking "national" news on TV about the arrest.

Prayers for Mickey and her family as these will be difficult times for them. Although they are one step closer to getting the answers they deserve, it will no doubt still be very difficult for them, so wanted to express sincere prayers for their entire family + friends (including ALL of us here).

As we all know, there is still some work to be done, and lets hope LE can pry out some necessary information.

P.S. JMO ONLY (and i realize some may not agree with this).....If a certain person does not willingly provide such needed information, it appears to me that there are certain times when the use of "torture techniques" seems to have a valid place in society,

When asked by the judge if he could afford a lawyer, Lavergne responded with, "Not in a case like this, sir." Steven Albritton will have more details tonight at 5:00.

from KATC's FB

I have read on here that a truck that was found on fire in lake Charles is related to the case? I cannot find a news link anywhere!

I know they didn't put it together in a few minutes, never said they did. It is beautiful and very well put together full of memories. Why chose yesterday and at the time of his arrest to do it? And I don't know why they would use a song with lyrics calling on angels to "walk me through this, don't leave me alone", "the light upon this earth and the sweetness of the leaving". It makes me see Mickey as an angel. That's not a song you use if you're holding out hope she's still alive IMO.

Guardian angels.. I think in the volunteers interview, it was reported that the video was released before the news of the arrest. There are no coincidences...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kzdekl3Qj8c"]I'm Your Angel - R.Kelly and Celine Dion (With Lyrics) - YouTube[/ame]

I'm Your Angel
There must be darkness present, before the light can shine through....

Thanks for the link and welcome to WS! :seeya:

I recall hoping and praying that LE would be able to retrieve a cast from the tire tracks at the bike recovery location. I mentioned it at the time that the capture of Canadian Serial Killer Col. Russell Williams was because of a match on the tire tracks.

Then we went on to discuss differences of preservation of tire tracks in frozen snow vs. the WB terrain. :)

I am real curious to find out what evidence was revealed at the bike disposal. It could be a number of things.....

moo

wm

Ok I am confused. Per Charlie's FB post this a.m it appears they are holding out hope that Mickey is still alive. Her FB page is private now, so I am unable to link but here is the quoted post:

"So, in the face of a horrific reality, we will continue to hope for something else. Our beloved child will always, always be alive to us. Our tiny hope is that she is alive in reality. May that tiny hope be true."

I am assuming she set her page to private----for privacy ;-) People were tagging her on the perps pick and talking about how mickey was deceased. This is not fact yet and if I was her, I wouldn't want to her it from everyone (who is no one to her). JMO Eagerly awaiting the press conference, while pacing my house!

I am always so shocked about how many perps in these types of crimes are married or have a gf! To realize that you were in close proximity and so involved with these sickos must cause a lot of baggage and emotional upset. Unsettling

she knew he was an RSO and her family didn't approve but she still insisted that he was wrongly accused back in 2000. he must be persuasive. he also spoiled her with gifts and money

Here we go once again. A RSO is arrested for yet another possible murder. I don't want to loose hope that this creep has Mickey tied-up somewhere and she is still alive but I know I'm wrong. :( RSO can not be fixed! These monsters are sick and need to be locked-up and not released back into society. They are messed up in the head and can not be fixed. They need to stop letting these people out of prison.

I am assuming she set her page to private----for privacy ;-) People were tagging her on the perps pick and talking about how mickey was deceased. This is not fact yet and if I was her, I wouldn't want to her it from everyone (who is no one to her). JMO Eagerly awaiting the press conference, while pacing my house!

i have to meet my SIL for lunch at noon :maddening:

Interesting. I looked on the girlfriend's FB last night and thought she LOOKED similar to Mickey. I also checked her friend's list and Mickey was not on there.

I thought he might have frequented Artmosphere. He'd fit right in with his looks. Considering the work he did, he may have known Mr. Shunick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nirvanita55