***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
huh? All the complaining we've done about Mickey not in the news enough, and The Advertiser Newspaper had video taken from their cameras on their building on Bertrand? That's what finally breaks the case?

I'm no strict literalist, but I do think this qualifies as some sort of irony.

Hey guys. I've been ill. I was sent a text from sister yesterday about the guy who is in custody,and I am happy. I do not hold out much hope that she is still alive. I tend to believe she is gone, but still hope and pray I am wrong.

I want to thank everyone on this board who went through the white truck debate in all of it's incarnations. It is proof to me that a community be it virtual or real can MAKE a difference.

Yes, he could have made it home going that Route. However, I think its more likely he dropped it off on the way to going offshore.

If the arrest warrant is accurate Mickey Schunick was murdered on May 19, 2012.
The LPD PIO stated at the Whiskey Bay press conference that the bike was dumped early morning on 05/19/2012 after the abduction.

To me the bike dump would indicate a probable deflection by Laverne to throw off the direction of the investigation, considering WB being DTL's body dump site. He would also been motivated to dispose of incriminating evidence asap.. jmho

:woohoo: I am elated there was an arrest made.

:jail: Our prayers have been answered with this arrest.

:please: Now we must bring her home.

Guess I, too, would be remiss without offering my thanks to everyone who participated (yes, even you folks who would.not.let.it.go, re: the DWTIQ ;) ).

Between the feet on the ground, the eyes and ears on the streets and, of course, the Cajunet™, it has been a gripping ride thus far.

This is by no means goodbye -- I'm going to stick around, even if my posting eventually slows -- but merely a pause to reflect.

Most importantly, though -- the Shunick family. I didn't know them prior to this event, but I feel as though they're a bit of an adopted family now.

It's easy to love Charlie, as she was the "face of the family" through it all and, quite frankly, she's been unbelievably poised in the face of all this adversity.

But I feel for the rest of the family. As a Lafayette native, the case hit close to home. As a parent of a daughter whose spirit, whose demographics, whose peer group, whose worldview, whose interests, etc. remind me a lot of Mickey's, the case hit very, very close to home. I feel for Tom and Nancy, as I cannot quite imagine the pain, the anguish and the agony they've endured over the last 7+ weeks...or that they are yet to endure, for that matter.

ETA: And the brother as well...didn't mean to leave him out. Gotta feel for him, in the midst of what was supposed to be one of the happiest times of his young life (HS graduation), and he has to deal with all of this...not to mention being unwittingly cast into a media spotlight, of which he obviously wanted no part (regardless of circumstances).

Hug your loved ones a little tighter today.

:woohoo: I am elated there was an arrest made.

:jail: Our prayers have been answered with this arrest.

:please: Now we must bring her home.

"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=deuKdsxdLM4"]"Calling All Angels" to Find Mickey Shunick Now - YouTube[/ame]

HouDat: big hugs and a beautiful post. (((HUGS)))

So many of you have posted that you think Charlie is still holding out hope that Mickey is still alive. I just now watched the Calling All Angels video that was posted on facebook at the time BSL was arrested yesterday, and it is very obvious that they now think she's an angel because of that song. I don't think they would have posted it if they thought she was still alive. If you are questioning, go watch it yourself. Also, Charlie's page went private, I don't think she would do that if she still thought we could help find Mickey. So I'm not sure where that confusion is coming from... but I believe the family is well aware as we all are.

Ok I am confused. Per Charlie's FB post this a.m it appears they are holding out hope that Mickey is still alive. Her FB page is private now, so I am unable to link but here is the quoted post:

"So, in the face of a horrific reality, we will continue to hope for something else. Our beloved child will always, always be alive to us. Our tiny hope is that she is alive in reality. May that tiny hope be true."

"It has been an honor sleuthing with you all"! "Thanx for what you do"!
Sorry if I missed anyone...

5CentsWorth, 61Montcalm, all4justice, Allusonz, Amster, andalso, angelainwi, ashola_nola, aussie_girl88, Bacalla1a, bammy, BayouBelle_LA, BeginnersLuck, bellyup, BigIslandLady, Bonnie2487, Boudin, Buckeye lady, buhlue, byomoi, C.Hound, cajngrl02, Cajun Girl, cajuncatholicmama, CajunCoDe, CajunRagin, Calliboo, Carrington, Catchy kitty, chi-mama, ChitlinStrut, ChiTownLass, citylady, CJnashy, Clockwatcher84, cluciano63, CocoChanel, coeurfragile, Crawdaddy, crzimmer, designlove, distracted 1976, dontbringmedownbruce, dpc23, Dum-Dum Sucker, EGirl, Elisaa444, Elphaba, eyes2close, faith25, finishstrong, Fishin'chick, fitcraftyteach, fred&edna, Frenchbeaux, Frogzilla, Galbug, GateKeeper, Geauxfish77, GrannyA., GulfCoastKAT, heartfortruth, heidisams, HeinekenMan, humross, hydranc, imamaze, IMPondering, Indy Anna, inthesouth, Island hopper, Jbiggoose, JennMonkey, jessica-, Jkg005, jkmom, jujube, justwannahelp, kacilady, KateB, katydid23, kjnmom, Kkmontgo, koolmum, Kristie, kseal07, LadyL, Laffy Taffy, Lato, lenibugger, lettersinkanji, liltexans, Mahouston69, mamamia54, manlet, matou, mayqueen, meemonie, Mergatroid, mingo, Money Girl, MotherOcean, mspepper, Ms_Pants, Nandee63, nao, oddball62983, ohiolor, parker38, Patience, pendyjo, Pensfan, pharmchick, PineTree103, quueenie, redtoedfrog, reedus23, rillem, RT51, Scottsdale, Sincerely, skyone21, slander, slowlybutshelly, sonic_banana, Soulmagent, StacyMarie83, SteveP, SurfCity, SwampMama, SyraKelly, terrybelle, TGIRecovered, thetwins, tula, verot, Victory, WEsmom, whatsthatnoise, WhatsupAZ, WideOpen, Yoda, Zoe Bogart

eh, you missed me, but I forgive ya. :seeya:

Guess I, too, would be remiss without offering my thanks to everyone who participated (yes, even you folks who would.not.let.it.go, re: the DWTIQ ;) ).

Between the feet on the ground, the eyes and ears on the streets and, of course, the Cajunet™, it has been a gripping ride thus far.

This is by no means goodbye -- I'm going to stick around, even if my posting eventually slows -- but merely a pause to reflect.

Most importantly, though -- the Shunick family. I didn't know them prior to this event, but I feel as though they're a bit of an adopted family now.

It's easy to love Charlie, as she was the "face of the family" through it all and, quite frankly, she's been unbelievably poised in the face of all this adversity.

But I feel for the rest of the family. As a Lafayette native, the case hit close to home. As a parent of a daughter whose spirit, whose demographics, whose peer group, whose worldview, whose interests, etc. remind me a lot of Mickey's, the case hit very, very close to home. I feel for Tom and Nancy, as I cannot quite imagine the pain, the anguish and the agony they've endured over the last 7+ weeks...or that they are yet to endure, for that matter.

Hug your loved ones a little tighter today.
Very nicely said. Definitely stick around for the trial. It'll be a ride.

Ok I am confused. Per Charlie's FB post this a.m it appears they are holding out hope that Mickey is still alive. Her FB page is private now, so I am unable to link but here is the quoted post:

"So, in the face of a horrific reality, we will continue to hope for something else. Our beloved child will always, always be alive to us. Our tiny hope is that she is alive in reality. May that tiny hope be true."

Why would she say that? You'd think the police would inform her family if she was dead or alive, before going public about it, right?

:furious::furious::furious::furious:
I'm SICK and TIRED and FURIOUS of these FREAKS being allowed to roam among us after it has been established that they are dangerous threat! I am SO TICKED OFF that after this FREAK hurt and destroyed this young lady's life, he was set free to live among us. I am TICKED OFF that he was a known threat and should have been caged like the wild animal he is, but instead was sent off to live among the decent and destroy the innocent. I am FURIOUS that they knew how dangerous and harmful he was and let him run free anyway and Mickey had to pay for it. Not the people who set him free, but Mickey. An innocent person living life in a positive way, minding her own business and never hurting a fly. If I am this angry, I can't imagine how angry the Shunick's will be when they learn of his past and the fact that even though it was known that he would violently harm women he was let out anyway, and because of that, they will never see Mickey again.

Something has GOT to change with the way these predators are dealt with. I have followed many cases and many end like this. The perp has a history. And they keep escalating and getting worse. WHEN will we start putting these SOBs away for life because they obviously are capable of awful horrendous things? Why do the rest of us have to pay because these FREAKS are always let out? What does that say about us innocents? That we're not even worth protecting from these monsters who have no regard for decent human beings? Something has GOT to change because I am about to lose my Sh*1! I feel like if the law isn't gonna take care of the $!@#^ then the rest of us have to! Do I think that's a good idea? NO. What other choice do we have? The law will not protect us and our children. Are we supposed to continue to let these *&^$# kill us and our KIDS?

I haven't been this mad in a long time.

Bolded by me. I'm starting to think 20 years without parole or even life without parole makes more sense for third tier RSOs, not 7-9 years or whatever they seem to usually get or be out in and then go on to repeat these types of crimes but also then murder their victims. Putting them away longer or forever would be expensive as heck, but we can't put a price on the lives of Mickey, Kelli Bordeaux, Britanee Drexel, etc.....

http://kaplantoday.com/bookmark/192... alleged Shunick killer#.T_b4hmHAHhg.facebook

Law enforcement sources assert that that evidence led investigators to registered sex offender Brandon Scott Lavergne, 33, previously convicted of tying, blindfolding and sexually assaulting a teenager while stationed at Fort Polk near Leesville.

Read more: VermilionToday.com - Clues from bike scene lead police to alleged Shunick killer

So many of you have posted that you think Charlie is still holding out hope that Mickey is still alive. I just now watched the Calling All Angels video that was posted on facebook at the time BSL was arrested yesterday, and it is very obvious that they now think she's an angel because of that song. I don't think they would have posted it if they thought she was still alive. If you are questioning, go watch it yourself. Also, Charlie's page went private, I don't think she would do that if she still thought we could help find Mickey. So I'm not sure where that confusion is coming from... but I believe the family is well aware as we all are.
BBM

I respectfully disagree. It's not like her friends who made that video put it together in just a couple of minutes. I think it was a coincidence. The video of Margaret Bearb on the advertiser's site pretty much says that as well.

are you serious?? you really don't know? I'm naive so I can't ever tell if people are joking.

if you aren't it's for the Saints in NOLA. who dat who dat who dat say the gonna beat dem' Saints? Who dat?

it's for Who that
OT

Oh yeah I think its great. I'm in Alabama and I'm definitely southern, but you guys got your own vernacular down there and I love it and try to figure it out. Who dat was easy though.

Why would she say that? You'd think the police would inform her family if she was dead or alive, before going public about it, right?
If they don't have a body, I think it's perfectly understandable to hold out hope that she's still alive. If it were my child/sister/whatever, I couldn't reconcile her death without a body. It would be tough to do so.

"So, in the face of a horrific reality, we will continue to hope for something else. Our beloved child will always, always be alive to us. Our tiny hope is that he is alive in reality. May that tiny hope be true."

It's a perfectly normal reaction. Read up on the stages of grief if you're interested.

Prayers to the family.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members