***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://kaplantoday.com/bookmark/192... alleged Shunick killer#.T_b4hmHAHhg.facebook

Law enforcement sources assert that that evidence led investigators to registered sex offender Brandon Scott Lavergne, 33, previously convicted of tying, blindfolding and sexually assaulting a teenager while stationed at Fort Polk near Leesville.

Read more: VermilionToday.com - Clues from bike scene lead police to alleged Shunick killer

I read that clues led investigators to BSL but not specifically those from the bike. Sounds like a stretch.

Ok I am confused. Per Charlie's FB post this a.m it appears they are holding out hope that Mickey is still alive. Her FB page is private now, so I am unable to link but here is the quoted post:

"So, in the face of a horrific reality, we will continue to hope for something else. Our beloved child will always, always be alive to us. Our tiny hope is that he is alive in reality. May that tiny hope be true."

Maybe they just found forensic evidence and they hope she is still alive and perhaps it was just an injury that led to the evidence. I can't blame them. I would probably still hope if it were my sister until her body was found. I guess that says that Mickey was not on BSL's land.

Why would she say that? You'd think the police would inform her family if she was dead or alive, before going public about it, right?

Sounds like the police have informed them she's deceased but either a) haven't found the body or b) found remains that are too decomposed to make a positive ID & they are waiting for lab results & a forensic anthropologist's examination results to come in as a positive ID and the family is hoping against hope the remains aren't Mickey's.

When they made the arrest yesterday but said the press conference would be at 1pm, I thought they may be giving the Shunicks time to notify extended family & close friends so that they didn't have to hear it from the media before hearing it from the family.

Ok I am confused. Per Charlie's FB post this a.m it appears they are holding out hope that Mickey is still alive. Her FB page is private now, so I am unable to link but here is the quoted post:

"So, in the face of a horrific reality, we will continue to hope for something else. Our beloved child will always, always be alive to us. Our tiny hope is that he is alive in reality. May that tiny hope be true."

I take this to mean Mickey's body either has not been found or has not been officially identified. In spite of reality, they still have a glimmer of hope. God bless them.

Yes, you are correct.

Colloquially:

Who dat say dey gonna beat dem Saints? :wink:

Forgive a little levity in such a sad time.

I would say a little levity is needed at this time. Thats how my personality works anyway. Otherwise I can't deal with stuff at all. I try to provide it sometimes without being out of bounds.:)

I am always so shocked about how many perps in these types of crimes are married or have a gf! To realize that you were in close proximity and so involved with these sickos must cause a lot of baggage and emotional upset. Unsettling

So am I the only one who worries that Mickey was not his only victim?

OT

Oh yeah I think its great. I'm in Alabama and I'm definitely southern, but you guys got your own vernacular down there and I love it and try to figure it out. Who dat was easy though.

I still call medians the "neutral ground" sometimes. These east coast yanks look at me like I've got three heads when I let that one slip. ;)

FYI
The guy who was arrested for the Sierra Lamar case was charged with kidnapping and murder and they still haven't found her body.
I guess you don't have to have a body to accuse someone of murder.?

BBM

I respectfully disagree. It's not like her friends who made that video put it together in just a couple of minutes. I think it was a coincidence. The video of Margaret Bearb on the advertiser's site pretty much says that as well.

I know they didn't put it together in a few minutes, never said they did. It is beautiful and very well put together full of memories. Why chose yesterday and at the time of his arrest to do it? And I don't know why they would use a song with lyrics calling on angels to "walk me through this, don't leave me alone", "the light upon this earth and the sweetness of the leaving". It makes me see Mickey as an angel. That's not a song you use if you're holding out hope she's still alive IMO.

FYI
The guy who was arrested for the Sierra Lamar case was charged with kidnapping and murder and they still haven't found her body.
I guess you don't have to have a body to accuse someone of murder.?
Nope. Casey Anthony was charged without a body. The charge was "upgraded" to 1st degree once Caylee's remains were found.

I want to know if he preyed on Mickey in particular or did he happen to drive by at the same time she did?

I'm in a different time zone. Is the news conference starting in 40 min? Just to be sure I've got the time right!

Dirty bird gumbo tastes so good. Cuz the saints mix that up every season

Alright I gotta defend Foxfire here. You've crossed the line. I know you don't want me to say those dirty words do you? You know what I'm talking about.:giggle:I think.

I don't want to go OT too much.

2550 Belle Chasse hwy Gretna LA 70053 is his work address, is this close to where she is thought to be abducted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3