***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, but not for anything really specific. He was on a list of a bunch of RSO's I had compiled who own newer white pickups.

So a long list of RSO's with white pickup trucks? That gives me pause.

It WAS Lake Charles...I watched them tow it!

Went back to find that. You said it was abandoned at the daquiri shop. It was a Chevy duelly with big mud flaps and red writing on the side. Also had a huge dent and scratch on the hood near the grill.

Do you still have the pictures?

To get this straight in my brain- - The DWT on university with the bed liner is the truck.
The one in the Wood group parking lot with the bed liner is the same truck?
The truck in front of circle K that people thought had the bike under it in NOT the truck?
Did either truck at the circle K have bedliners or could it be seen?

Am I even close?

I feel as if some sort of invisible vampire force just drained me of every bit of energy and I’m in this surreal haze waiting to wake up. It’s a strange emotion encompassing shock, disbelief, sadness, anger, relief and exhaustion — I can’t imagine how the family and friends must feel...

MS volunteer coordinator, Margaret Bearb, did say (in an interview from yesterday) that the family had some indication that LE was progressing toward an outcome. I think when all the information is revealed about the investigation we’ll all be amazed at all the resources that police utilized along the way in trying to solve this unfathomable murder.

Are RSOs and SOs able to be rehabilitated? Should we lobby government to have video cameras everywhere? Must we insert mini black boxes with indestructible GPS microchips into our children and loved ones in order to ensure their safety?

Anyone know the aproximate date of Brandon Laverne's house fire, or the FD that responded to it?

Tier 3 RSO's are often times recidivist and obviously sadistic psychopaths. Brandon Laverne had escalated from aggravated kidnapping/rape, to aggravated kidnapping/murder. Fire is used in many crimes to destroy forensic & other evidence. Imo, his history will reflect his escalation and other unknown victims will be revealed in time.

Would this be the VFD:
105 S Main St, Church Point, Louisiana 70525-3113

He would have to take I-10 West and exit somewhere past Lafayette to take the backroads up through to Eunice/Church Point. I'm from here and I'm not even sure of the exact route. I think maybe through Rayne?

It's Crowley/Eunice using Highway 13 to head north or Rayne/Church Point using Highway 35 to head north. Both highways will take you directly to Highway 190.

Anyone know the aproximate date of Brandon Laverne's house fire, or the FD that responded to it?

Tier 3 RSO's are recidivist and Laverne had escalated from aggravated aggravated rape, to aggravated kidnapping/murder. Fire is used in many crimes to destroy forensic & other evidence. Imo, his history will reflect his escalation and other unknown victims will be revealed in time.

Would this be the VFD:

105 S Main St, Church Point, Louisiana 70525-3113

It's starting to sound like his parents home burned down when he was in his late teens or early 20s and that his trailer home burned down in the past year (used the neighbors phone to call for the trailer)

Does anyone know what happened at court this morning for BSL?

My post #1204, 06-11-2012, here on Mickey Shunick case:

This isn't the first case involving the abduction of a beautiful blonde coed. I began my foray in abduction research, with the case of Dru Sjodin, 2003.

Can't believe that since that time, technological, investigational advances haven't led to more immediate rescue/recovery of the victims.

Here's one source of the story:

http://www.trutv.com/library/crime/n...n/1_index.html
----------------
Quoted my own post, because it seems that in light of this arrest, it is very relevant to our discussion. My bold below. I guess I didn't want to believe that since that time, Level 3 sex offenders are just allowed to be free to do whatever they want!:

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Murder_of_Dru_Sjodin"]Murder of Dru Sjodin - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

On December 1, a suspect, 50-year-old registered level 3 sex offender Alfonso Rodriguez, Jr., was arrested in connection with Sjodin's disappearance.

Dru's Law: Legislation dubbed "Dru's Law", which set up the Dru Sjodin National Sex Offender Public Registry, was passed in 2006 and signed into law by President George W. Bush.

This guy looks just like the Nickell guy in the Holly bobo Case!
JMO

Good morning everyone.

I trust you're wearing your cape this morning. :hero:

Thank you for your insight and your continued willingness to find the truth in unfortunate circumstances.

Should I ever need a PI in your part of the country, yours is the only name on my list.

I also have a list of criminal defense attorneys. It's like insurance.

I probably need a cop as well...hmm...;)

Sad to see this news today. I'm guessing they must have some pretty strong evidence or an outright confession. It's extremely rare for a charge of murder without a body. Even if you had evidence of say his and her prints on her bike, along with say blood, that's still not enough for 1st degree I wouldn't think as that does not explain the circumstances of the death.

I'm thinking of other cases, specifically Ayla Reynolds, where they have possible evidence of her at least being injured (blood in the house) and yet there are no charges, let alone murder charges.

I'm wondering if there is a confession or the perp bragged to someone about it and the witness sold him out.

We have one in Missouri where they charged murder without the body. I think those charges are still pending.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FastRayne