***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you Jurysout. This bugs me.... so we won't even know if her body has been found?

I've been in contact with Charlie and have a close connection w/her, as I lost my own little sister similarly, so I don't want to post anything without as much fact as possible, as a respect to Charlie and her family.

So sad...
So even whether or not they know Mickey's whereabouts info will be withheld? Damn.

I guess they could give us that. Maybe that's the reason for the delay - retrieve the body before people know what's going on.

I hope that's what it is. But I'm afraid of other things.

I know they didn't put it together in a few minutes, never said they did. It is beautiful and very well put together full of memories. Why chose yesterday and at the time of his arrest to do it? And I don't know why they would use a song with lyrics calling on angels to "walk me through this, don't leave me alone", "the light upon this earth and the sweetness of the leaving". It makes me see Mickey as an angel. That's not a song you use if you're holding out hope she's still alive IMO.

I read on a link someone posted yesterday on WS that they feel a prayer was answered because as soon as they posted the video the call came through. That leads me to believe they had no idea. Perhaps her Father did but not the volunteers.

This morning, Brandon Scott Lavergne –wearing a green protective vest with his arms chained – made his first appearance in front of Judge Thomas Frederick. The quick video conference was not the arraignment but a first appearance, with Lavergne housed at the Lafayette Parish Correctional Center and Frederick at the courthouse.
http://www.theadvertiser.com/articl...ront-judge?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

also says no bond for murder charge (kidnapping charge has a bond set but the no bond on the murder charge trumps that)

Deputies in San Jacinto County in Texas tell us they found a burned out white pick-up truck in their county on June 14th. They tell us Lafayette Police are investigating it in relation to Mickey Shunick's disappearance. San Jacinto County is approximately an hour's drive north from Houston, Tx.

from KATC's FB

https://www.facebook.com/katctv3

SHUNICK INVESTIGATION UPDATE: The Sheriff's Department in San Jacinto County, Texas confirms to TV-10 that a white pick-up truck, matching the description in the Shunick disappearance, was found burned in their county on June 14th. They tell us the truck is involved in an investigation here in Lafayette.

from KLFY's FB

https://www.facebook.com/KLFYTV10

2550 Belle Chasse hwy Gretna LA 70053 is his work address, is this close to where she is thought to be abducted?

That is his prior work address per a friend that knows him. Or that he works at various Wood Group branches. Supposedly his current work address is on Ambassaor Caffrey. My friend could be wrong and I apologize if so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndiLA
FWIW, I would've been creeped out, just as you are, with the same questions. I find nothing out of the ordinary to have a sudden "icky" feeling when something like this comes to light and you realize you had a strange encounter with the perp, yourself.
Thanks... I realize I said some things that may sound a little mean about the immediate family, but this whole situation... to have met Mickey before, to be best friend with several of her friends, I was in her same general social circle... and these people and that house stood out to me 2 years ago and I have always been creeped out by that event. It was hands down the worst hour of my life as a car salesman driving them back home. And then when I saw the house again, the location, and the last name, it all came back to me.

I don't know where my original post from above disappeared to, but again, I am 100% in agreement with you. Perhaps being creeped out by the circumstances violates TOS here, and if that's the case, my apologies, but it IS creepy. I would be irked just living in Lafayette knowing I could have crossed paths with him at any given time while carrying on my daily activities. I can't imagine being as close to the situation as you are, RB.

You ever pass over that exit?

Nobody... NOBODY... exits whiskey bay at night, lol. Just the area always seemed to give me the creeps. Swamps and a very swift river, and a long corridor that even if you lit the exit, you've got 60 miles of swamp road to pull off to the side on.

Yep, I cross the basin bridge every work day as part of my commute. It' s a really scary place and was even before MS went missing.
The mother of Pam Kinnamore (one of DTL's victim's whose body was dumped at WB - probably at night) has been advocating for years for a camera to be set up there.
http://www.wwltv.com/video/yahoo-vi...eaks-About-Missing-ULL-Student-155491135.html

Anyone have a map showing location of where bike was found in relation to where the lived?

Exactly! I said the same thing!

So what do we do about!

what can we do so we dont have to sit and read these threads every day and try to figure out what they did with these children!

where do we start?
Agree! It's time the laws change that protects these monsters. I really want to know what I can do to help. If you get any info as to what we can do, please let me know.

This BS has GOT TO STOP.

We had BETTER find that this guy was interviewed right away. A registered sex offender with a Chevy white truck. We talked about this weeks ago. In this IT age there is no excuse. None. zippo. Nada.

they may have but i'm guessing what we are seeing is b/c they got some DNA from the bike and the hit just came back (or possibly finger print or some other forensic). So i'm not sure it mattered, the white truck alone most likely is not grounds for probable cause even to just search his home.

P.S. i'm posting this from about 20 pages back so if information has over run my speculation i apologize in advance.

Exactly! I said the same thing!

So what do we do about!

what can we do so we dont have to sit and read these threads every day and try to figure out what they did with these children!

where do we start?
I have SEVERAL ideas but saying them out loud just would not be nice!! :banghead:

New update from CS on the FMSN FB page:

Charlene Shunick
We appreciate all of the heartfelt emotions shared on this page and the support given by people from near and far in this ongoing effort to bring our Mickey home, and we can't say that enough.
Now while it is understandable that negative emotions can be expressed in this kind of situation, please remember to keep everything we say POSITIVE in a public forum such as this. Regardless of what comes from the police press conference later today, we have to recognize the truly amazing show of love and support shown by every person involved in this great effort. We have seen this love in the hundreds of searchers laboring for hours in the hot Louisiana summer, in the mass amounts of food and drinks donated to feed them, in the thousands of flyers put up across Louisiana and the rest of the country, and in the countless people we have met during these 48 days who had no clue who Mickey Shunick was before May 19th but nevertheless have given up a portion of their lives and their heart to reunite a young girl with her family. The main thing we need to do now is utilize that amazing wealth of love in order to overlook the unconfirmed rumors and assumptions rather than venting our anger over the internet, or elsewhere. Let's KEEP THE FAITH and stay positive and most of all LET'S BRING MICKEY HOME!

Deputies in San Jacinto County in Texas tell us they found a burned out white pick-up truck in their county on June 14th. They tell us Lafayette Police are investigating it in relation to Mickey Shunick's disappearance. San Jacinto County is approximately an hour's drive north from Houston, Tx.

from KATC's FB

SHUNICK INVESTIGATION UPDATE: The Sheriff's Department in San Jacinto County, Texas confirms to TV-10 that a white pick-up truck, matching the description in the Shunick disappearance, was found burned in their county on June 14th. They tell us the truck is involved in an investigation here in Lafayette.

from KLFY's FB

Yes I heard about that and LE found his gps.

We had BETTER find that this guy was interviewed right away. A registered sex offender with a Chevy white truck. We talked about this weeks ago. In this IT age there is no excuse. None. zippo. Nada.

Be interesting if they did what was done in Sierra Lamar's case - placed a GPS tracking device on it to see if he would lead them to where he place her...

from KATC's FB

from KLFY's FB

here is a map that they had posted on general area burned truck was found in TEXAS! (I added Laffy, LA to it to show distance)

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Lafayette,+LA&daddr=san+jacinto+county+texas&hl=en&ll=30.306503,-93.581543&spn=1.885049,4.199524&sll=30.621368,-95.325623&sspn=1.878966,4.199524&geocode=FdouzQEdfeOD-imb2MVkQ5wkhjET__eSJHVKyQ%3BFfGt0QEd2TpU-inN7tsFImxHhjFEAzUnk4ElDg&oq=lafyette&mra=ls&t=m&z=9"]Lafayette, LA to San Jacinto, TX - Google Maps[/ame]

I have the Affidavit saved to my computer.
These are two screen shots I have taken.
It seems to me he confessed.
JMO though

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 117
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 104
JMOO, The fact that they have a kidnapping/murder charge tells me that their silence was not in vain. Maybe it's me hoping that this case will soon be closed, but I don't think they could charge him with anything if they did not have sufficient evidence to do so. Again, MOO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Maktub