***ARREST*** Mickey Shunick, 21, Lafayette 19 May 2012 - #32

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What is puzzling however is this new video and if that triggered the search warrant. You mean to tell me this poor girl has been missing for 6 weeks and somebody finally decides they should check their video camera for clues? You got to be kidding me.

Just like everybody I am heavy hearted tonight. We prayed so for Mickey to be set free from her abductor on Independence Day. And on July 5th, she is now free from this horrible secret. With the news of today's arrest, I can only pray that Mickey will be going home to her family and everyone who loves her. Resolution is many times so very bittersweet for all. Her family has a long road - I pray too, that peace will be theirs soon.

I posted a long time ago that my good friend works as the IT guy for LCG and he pulled the video of Mickey. Mods tell me if I'm not allowed to say this ... But he said the truck in question was the one headed to university. Not headed down St Landry.

That is what I have come across in my research as well.

What's even more disheartening than seeing the latest on Mickey is going to WS home page and realizing how many people are missing. It's so sad.

I was asked to post this by mamamia, in memory of Mickey.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ji2rLXr3cEU"]Praise You In This Storm - YouTube[/ame]

Alright guys, a few questions.

I may have known the Perp. I'd love to know what auto dealership he went to.

I used to work at a dealership in Lafayette years ago called Alpha Automobiles. A couple people with the last name of Lavergne came in to buy a car, we ended up selling them an old chevy tahoe. Anyways, their credit check didn't come through, so as a curtesy, I drove a younger male "Lavergne" and elderly "Lavergne" back to their home... north to Opelousas, and west to the back country wherever their home was...

It was down a dirt road, and looked SO similar to that home in the pictures right now.

I don't know if this guy was the same guy that I sold the car to his father... but if it was... I mean, my hair is standing on end right now. The place matches, the name matches... anyone know anything about this guys family? Does he have a few "slow" people in it? Maybe a brother, a father? They seemed rather uneducated and a little unnerving... the whole experience at the time was one of the creepiest drives I've ever made.

NO, I think you might be thinking of the OTHER Brandon, the one that works at Walmart. He lives in Opelousas area.

The perp is actually very well educated and very intelligent according to those who know him.

is there any hope for a positive outcome?
or is it confirmed that she's not with us anymore? :( i'm sorry if that is a dumb question. I am very new to all of this. I do understand what first degree murder means, but maybe there's a chance that he murdered whoever was with him and helped him kidnap mickey because he didnt want this personto run his/her mouth. I'm just trying to stay hopeful. Wasnt it said that this would have a been a hard task for him to do alone?

i'd like to thank websleuths also. yall are very welcoming. Usually when I lurk on other forums, i'm too intimidated to post. Yall are very caring and wonderful people.

edit: not that it's good that he murdered someone (mickey or not). it's not good no matter what.

What is puzzling however is this new video and if that triggered the search warrant. You mean to tell me this poor girl has been missing for 6 weeks and somebody finally decides they should check their video camera for clues? You got to be kidding me.

Nope, I think you are on the wrong track. That is not how it went down and I think we should be complimenting them right now, not being so critical.

First of all, they have been on to this guy, the perp, for weeks already. They had it under control, with the info they already had. But they did not want to bring him in for interrogation until they had their ducks in a row. But they had lots of important info already, but after their recent interview, they narrowed down his route out of town, so they went and looked for the video evidence to see if it matched what he told them, imo. JMO

This seems odd because didn't A.C.I. mention that the truck reported at the motel in Texas was not related, spoke to owners, works offshore, etc. :eek:

I know, unless that was one of his POI and he had to say that or was told to deflect attention away from the truck by LE. I wish ACI would comment on this.

does anyone know if the girl he raped a long time ago was a friend or coworker or was it totally random?

Nope, I think you are on the wrong track. That is not how it went down and I think we should be complimenting them right now, not being so critical.

First of all, they have been on to this guy, the perp, for weeks already. They had it under control, with the info they already had. But they did not want to bring him in for interrogation until they had their ducks in a row. But they had lots of important info already, but after their recent interview, they narrowed down his route out of town, so they went and looked for the video evidence to see if it matched what he told them, imo. JMO

In my earlier post I surmised that they have been on to him for quite some time. But I just do not understand why every available byte of video footage was not looked at earlier. Not to be critical but something does not add up. The press conference today should clear things up.

and why would they give it to the advertiser instead of LE?!

In my earlier post I surmised that they have been on to him for quite some time. But I just do not understand why every available byte of video footage was not looked at earlier. Not to be critical but something does not add up. The press conference today should clear things up.

They probably did look at video from these cameras, first to check for Mickey.
After not seeing her, they moved on, imo.

Looking at hours and hours of footage is very manpower intensive and time consuming. Especially if they are looking for the second time. But something made them believe that the perp used that route for his escape, so they needed to take another look.

I am just saying that we have all been pretty hard on this LE group--even accusing them of putting her in the cold case file already. And we were WRONG. :what:

Crazy how close his work location at Wood Group is to the area Mickey was last seen. Wonder if he was coming from there when he spotted her...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a_renee