ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Me thinks we need better sketch artists. Wait. Maybe he does look like this. I don't think he'd be too happy with this. :floorlaugh:

800_luka_magnotta_sketch_120619.jpg

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120619/magnotta-montreal-police-interrogation-120619/

Oh that's hilariously bad. :floorlaugh:

That, to Luka Magnotta, would constitute cruel and unusual punishment.

This has been said before in an earlier thread, and my response now is the same as it was then. Luka Magnotta is not the product of modern problems or a sign that the world has gone to hell in a handbasket. There have been Lukas in every day and age. The Zodiac killer sent letters to the newspapers, Jack the Ripper taunted Scotland Yard with letters and parcels containing body parts of his victims. Albert Fish sent a letter to the mother of one of his victims detailing what he did to her child, and then there was that Holmes character who built an entire house of horrors in which to torture his victims.

This is the internet era so the modern incarnation of those named above posted it on a gore site. And the result? He was caught a week later. If you ask me the only difference between this day and age and times past is that its harder to get away with murder now than it used to be.
Fair observation! I think that for those who watched the video the impact is the only thing different. I could not watch did you watch it? Who, who has been active here the last 24 hours watched it?

Fair observation! I think that for those who watched the video the impact is the only thing different. I could not watch did you watch it? Who, who has been active here the last 24 hours watched it?

I watched it. I started out determined not to watch it, but curiosity got the better of me after a while.

Trust me, I'm a graduate student who has studied at several prestigious universities and have known people from all walks of life. There are some really brilliant people who can't spell worth a damn. Some of them are far smarter than I am and I only score borderline genius (and, yes, I was tested in school as a child, and have taken various other IQ tests so I know for a fact). That is not to say that Luka is brilliant. ...Intelligence is not measured by spelling ability. This is why IQ tests are designed to be culture-blind. Math is another culture-blind rule-based system, unlike spelling and grammar.

Also, being in the 15th percentile would mean that about one in seven people would share his IQ. That is not an extreme outlying number. If you rounded up a small group of people from the street several of them would have his iq. It's still within an average range.

You pegged him as "bright", an IQ of 115-130. That would put in the top 15% of the population in terms of IQ.

I would say closer to 85-100, which is low average to average (in the 45-55% range).

His writing, spelling, and grammar really is terrible. :)

He was discussed several threads ago and here is what I said

However, I am VERY SKEPTICAL if this guy ever met Magnotta or was just trying to have his own "look at me" moment...
OK, the withdrawal angle makes sense, cause when I first heard the crying in the back of the plane piece, it was like, what now the guy is gonna start having all this profound sadness (while running !) after all the stuff he had been doing - that is a good hunch - .....

Magnotta prosecutors reveal their other mission: comforting victim's family

"My colleague and I really want them to believe in our justice system and we'll do our best to reassure them that we'll work very, very hard in this case," Di Salvo said Tuesday at the Montreal courthouse, following Magnotta's first Canadian court appearance since his arrest in Germany earlier this month.

"It's the beginning of a very, very long year or two years, so we'll try to help them (get) through this."

Di Salvo said that even after Lin's family returns to China, the prosecution team will stay in touch with them and explain each legal step along the way.

The prosecution will be represented by two experienced Crown lawyers. Bouthillier and Di Salvo have worked numerous high-profile cases. In 2001, Di Salvo successfully prosecuted former world-champion boxer Dave Hilton for repeatedly molesting his daughters.

She has not yet met with Lin's relatives, but says she knows that his death has been extremely difficult for them.

Di Salvo also says that finding Lin's missing head is critical for the family's healing process.

http://www.globaltoronto.com/canada...mforting+victims+family/6442664533/story.html

So sad for his family :rose:

I was wondering about the significance of Lin Jun’s missing head and then I had to think about the Moors murders.

Ian Brady still refuses to disclose where he buried the body of little Keith Bennet. A psychiatrist said that that was a way for him of maintaining power/control over the victim, his family and the rest of society.

I wonder if LM may have hidden the head for that purpose, power and control. Its symbolicly the most important part of a body, with heart and penis (for men :)) following.

Some of LM sock puppets linked to youtube films about the Moors murders. He also signed the email to the english reporter with Jonh Kilbride, a Moors victim.

Since LM doesnt seem to be able to get an original idea of his own he might have copied it.

(Or the head ended up at the dump. I dont know how the Canadian garbage system works. How fast picked up garbage gets destroyed etc etc.. )

Ps excuse my english, its not my native tong.

ahahaha that picture makes him look asian.. and depressed as hell.. i sure hope someone gives him a copy of that picture!

members of ANON need to hack into every single site that LM created and replace ALL pictures of luka with THAT :floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

then someone needs to take screen shots of the hackjob and send to luka in prison.....

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh: that would be some serious punishment

I have seen the video. It didn't give me nightmares.

Two things. If that is the correct standard (I can't see the quote you quoted in the reply box, so paraphrasing), first, it's written with an "or" meaning either you must not appreciate the nature or quality of your actions, OR you must not know that they are wrong. Second, you can know that others will perceive something as wrong while, you, yourself, don't see them as wrong for whatever reason. In lm's case, I think the second one is very likely to be the case.

Not saying those arguments would prevail, but that's what I'd argue if I were lm's defense attorney (heaven forbid!) and assuming that is, in fact, a correct statement of the test under Canadian law. jmo

/\THIS/\

I am sure he "appreciated" that his action would lead to the death of his victim....
I think he realized what he did as he fled the country so afraid to be found out.

The difference between knowing right & wrong (legal & illegal) behaviour VS. the inability to understand OR appreciate the immoral behaviour.

IMO... LRM knew his actions were illegal... he fails to appreciate them as immoral because in his mind his illegal actions are valid or justifiable (for whatever psychotic reason he has bouncing around in there).

"An accused still has to establish that he or she was, as a result of a mental disorder, “incapable of appreciating the nature and quality of the act or omission or of knowing that it was wrong.” In 1990, the Supreme Court of Canada reversed its previous position on the interpretation of “wrong” in that context. In R. v. Chaulk, six of nine judges held that this word meant “morally wrong,” as opposed to “legally wrong.”(39) That interpretation of section 16 was further refined by the Supreme Court in a 1994 decision establishing that “[t]he accused must possess the intellectual ability to know right from wrong in an abstract sense. But he or she must also possess the ability to apply that knowledge in a rational way to the alleged criminal act.”(40)

(39) R. v. Chaulk, [1990] 3 S.C.R. 1303.

(40) R. v. Oommen, [1994] 2 S.C.R. 507, at p. 516.

http://publications.gc.ca/Collection-R/LoPBdP/BP/prb9922-e.htm#3. Hospitaltxt

An insane or psychotic person is perfectly capable of committing well planned out & premeditated murder. A quick Google search for the following terms will provide pages and pages documenting such behaviour & trails:

"military" "murder" "psychotic" "mental illness" "premeditated" "altruistic murders" (especially the latter with regard to infanticide committed by mothers)

So where were we? I see some posting wanting to hug the accused killer and it's giving me the heebie jeebies.

I've often seen photos of killers when they were little kids and felt very sad for the lost lives and potential. So what?

:floorlaugh:

It is all wrong! The eyebrows aren't big enough, most importantly. But his eyes also look like they are looking in the opposite direction. And the picture gives the impression that he is in his 40s.

This made my day! :great:

Well they did use black marker for the eyebrows. :floorlaugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members