ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
No nightmares here, either. It was very surreal to me. And I think it made a huge difference (for me) that the victim was already dead when the assaults happened. I'm sure I could not watch an attack on a live human or animal. I can't even watch those in the movies and have a hard time reading them in books. I still haven't watched the kitten vids, for example, and I'm pretty sure I won't ever.

My feelings exactly! I can't look at still shots of the kitten videos. I wouldn't have been able to watch the killvid if he actually did the killing while filming it. Surreal was the exact word I used as well. It must have been surreal for JL and his family as well.

You pegged him as "bright", an IQ of 115-130. That would put in the top 15% of the population in terms of IQ.

I would say closer to 85-100, which is low average to average (in the 45-55% range).

His writing, spelling, and grammar really is terrible. :)

Oh, Lord, here we go again. Scientific has jumped through hoops and provided logical evidence to support his ascertation that LM is at least of average+ intelligence, and that grammatical skills are NOT an indication of IQ, but more indicative of formal education. There is no way in hell anyone can assign an actual value. Nobody said he's a genius. <modsnip>

I don't want to be rude or insult anyone.....but see what is happening here?
You make fun of Luka, make fun of how he looks and acts. This happens every day to a lot of people. People like LM. People who don't "fit in", who are abandoned by their family, who have mental problems or disorders and are being treated like scum. Tormented souls.

I am NOT defending his actions, I am not on 'his side". But this is how society treats people who are different. They are being shut out, picked on, etc.
And once in a while, a "Luka" can't handle it anymore and does awfull things to other human beings. An answer to neglect, a loveless life, being bullied, being misunderstood.
Following this case, it fulfills me with sadness. For both victim and killer.

There is nothing funny about this case.

I see where you are coming from, and I do agree. I can't speak for others, but I think that the taunting you see here stems from rage. People are mad at him for what he has done.
Personally, if he had never killed anybody, I would feel sympathetic toward him. I'd probably defend him and perhaps even attempt to befriend him. I know what bullying feels like, and it is not fun. But not everybody who has been bullied, who is lonely and isolated, goes on to kill people. I have seen many people who have expressed some sort of sympathy for this guy and the life he has lived... up until the moment he killed Lin Jun. After that point, there is nothing but anger and rage at the accused, which is where the eyebrow jokes and other teasing begins.

I, personally, doubt that anybody here who is teasing him would be doing that if he didn't go on to murder. I suspect many would attempt to help him and show compassion. But, perhaps that would have ended with one of us as the victim instead of Mr. Lin.

:moo: :twocents:

Where I disagree, in terms of intelligence - spelling is not an indicator - in ANY way - intelligence to a large degree is a genetic starting point, and I am the one that did the brilliant.
I am new here, yesterday, and I cut and paste the first writing that blew me away but evidently I did something wrong because it was removed. But I have learned so... that being said.... here is (I hope the right way to do this) the piece of writing that BLEW me away
It is this:
http://luka-magnotta.com/?page_id=37 ONLY the piece
"RECKLESS DISREGARD FOR THE TRUTH"

AND as I learned later, much of the stuff on THAT site was not his writing "BUT RECKLESS DISREGARD FOR THE TRUTH" is not, like copy and paste, internet research stuff. It is creative writing with great vocab, word choice, clarity in writing etc.

Now, can I say I know he wrote it - certainly not - BUT if read in the context of all his stuff, his games, his personas etc., it "feels" as if it was indeed written by him.....It is a first person kind of writing that so mirrors all his crap (kind of like a giant exercise in projection -accusing everyone of doing all the stuff he was doing (manipulative stuff) -

My conclusions with the sloppy writing/spelling were drugs /indifference/being in a rage while he was doing his stuff and writing etc.!

If "RECKLESS DISREGARD FOR THE TRUTH" is read only in the context of all the stuff he has been doing, his whole lofe, it is a first person account ... nothing internet "research" can formulate, nor anything "others" can know not sure if that makes sense ....

In addition, verbally, he is articulate -- another indicator of inteligence.

One more thing from this AM's post :
There is a difference between smart and bright (alter ego stuff, creativity in just being all over the internet as different entities , different jobs, different ages, names, vocations, each with different family histories etc. etc.

Pause folks, --- what do screenwriters, novelists and playwrights do? The exact same thing! Create characters in depth. Create names, identities, looks, mannerisms etc.

My notions surrounding him being bright are centered in the “creativity” demonstrated throughout his entire “created” existence.

He doesn't seem to know the definition of "telekenitic" which is the ability to move things with your mind. I don't think this writing is brilliant..

My feelings exactly! I can't look at still shots of the kitten videos. I wouldn't have been able to watch the killvid if he actually did the killing while filming it. Surreal was the exact word I used as well. It must have been surreal for JL and his family as well.
God I hope his family did not watch it .....irony...... right when everything breaking 1 lunatic I did go there (before it was banned) sat there and a voice kept saying NO

but the kitten videos no stuggle there ABSOL NOT!

but as I sit here now I am glad I listened to my voice that night and did NOT click play...

..Now I must confess for the first 48 hours as it was breaking I stuggled!!

And it was a struggle NOT to check it out , .....

Oh, Lord, here we go again. Scientific has jumped through hoops and provided logical evidence to support his ascertation that LM is at least of average+ intelligence, and that grammatical skills are NOT an indication of IQ, but more indicative of formal education. There is no way in hell anyone can assign an actual value. Nobody said he's a genius. <modsnip>

Uh, before launching into a tirade, could you please go back and re-read my post which responded to *each* and every bit of Scientific's post?

ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10 - Page 15 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Thanks.

I am guilty... so much of what you stated is sobering... Humor is my coping mechanism but abuse of it can lead to a pack mentality and be counter-productive.

I carry enormous guilt from my childhood for the vast majority of my classmates and I picking on the "weird girl" from kindergarten through middle school... We tormented that innocent girl with our words, insults and shunning. I can only imagine how horrific her childhood must have been being surrounded by bullies (boys & girls).

I tried to find her on FB & through Classmates to apologize but she isn't listed. I pray that we did not ruin her life psychologically.

Also not by any means excusing LRM's actions (nor mine) but I am definitely holding my head in shame at the moment.

When I was a child, I was the "weird girl". I was bullied for 7 years. They beat me up, shut me out, ignored me, called me names. I also had problems at home. I was completely isolated, because no one would listen or would take the time to see the signs there was something wrong.
It took me years to recover. I never hurt anyone, but I can understand people like me are pushed over the edge. Hate can build up and some people (like LM) apperently can't controll that hate for other human beings. To me it looks like LM hated society and people so much, he created his own imaginary perfect world. I believe at some point he "woke up" and found himself completely alone. With nothing but hate, sadness. Like I said before, I believe this was his answer to all the pain.

Me thinks we need better sketch artists. Wait. Maybe he does look like this. I don't think he'd be too happy with this. :floorlaugh:

800_luka_magnotta_sketch_120619.jpg

http://www.ctv.ca/CTVNews/Canada/20120619/magnotta-montreal-police-interrogation-120619/

I'm pretty sure that's my Uncle Stan.

If the accused killer had any remorse, he'd plead guilty and tell authorities where the rest of the victim's remains are so he can be finally taken home by his family and receive a proper funeral service.

It is sad, but I do know how it feels. Having a kid taught me who my friends really are. Turned out to be nobody. I have been isolated for about 5 years now, with no friends or others in my life. I have no time to myself to go out and try to make friends, plus social anxiety which makes that difficult. But, instead of going and killing somebody, I joined WS, and have also made friends in random places of the world, whom I talk to online. It is a lonely existence, and I sometimes binge drink, but that is the worst thing I do. I have no desire to kill anybody. Not even Magnotta.
His loneliness may be related to something (such as mental illness) which may have caused him to flip out the way he has, but the loneliness itself is not the cause of it. Only a symptom.

I look at Magnotta and try to feel some sort of compassion or sympathy... but then I get to the point where I just can't, because of what he has done. But, there is no doubt that his life and existence has been quite sad. Troubling, indeed.

Sending hugs your way. I'm glad you have found friends here and other places online, I can only imagine how lonely it must get. I live in a city where I know no one, just me, my other half and my lil girl, my friends are two hours away and never visit, so I have some idea how it feels sometimes. I remember you telling your story in another thread. I'm glad you decided to join WS instead of other dreadful things
Chin up girl :)

She was. Horifically iirc. She's a nurse now.

IIRC, she had been abused and terribly neglected in just the first year of life before she was rescued. But, she remembered it and remained deeply affected even though she was in a great, loving home.

When I was a child, I was the "weird girl". I was bullied for 7 years. They beat me up, shut me out, ignored me, called me names. I also had problems at home. I was completely isolated, because no one would listen or would take the time to see the signs there was something wrong.
It took me years to recover. I never hurt anyone, but I can understand people like me are pushed over the edge. Hate can build up and some people (like LM) apperently can't controll that hate for other human beings. To me it looks like LM hated society and people so much, he created his own imaginary perfect world. I believe at some point he "woke up" and found himself completely alone. With nothing but hate, sadness. Like I said before, I believe this was his answer to all the pain.

Whether or not Luka was born a psychopath we do not know yet, but abuse at home and bullying at school sure would not help matters. Some psychopaths go off to be CEO's , work on Wall Street or become performers but, do not kill.
I think his genetic makeup and predisposition for psychopathy, mixed with environment created the perfect storm.
This is why bullying is an extremely dangerous and evil act. My parents did not allow bullying or encourage it (I have seen parents encourage horrible teasing/bullying) and I did not bully or tease. I stood up for my friends who were teased and I stood up to my bullies. Thank god, I had supportive and loving family. If they abused me also, I am unsure what I would have become.

I'm so sorry you had to endure that, Dutchie43.

Question for veterns! The pages here fill up fast! Is this faster than normal cause of the last 24 hours or typical?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ghosty_gal