ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
When I was a child, I was the "weird girl". I was bullied for 7 years. They beat me up, shut me out, ignored me, called me names. I also had problems at home. I was completely isolated, because no one would listen or would take the time to see the signs there was something wrong.
It took me years to recover. I never hurt anyone, but I can understand people like me are pushed over the edge. Hate can build up and some people (like LM) apperently can't controll that hate for other human beings. To me it looks like LM hated society and people so much, he created his own imaginary perfect world. I believe at some point he "woke up" and found himself completely alone. With nothing but hate, sadness. Like I said before, I believe this was his answer to all the pain.

you and zillions of other people....HOWEVER....you chose not to take the life of innocent beings, right?

there is ZERO excuse for making the choice to kill animals and an innocent man. that is all on luka and so is any treatement he gets from here on out. he should have reached out for professional help...but nope, he chose to kill animals and a human.....

screw him.

at what point do we stop sympathizing for people who chose to be monsters and harm others and stand up and not make excuses for them? does it have to hit close to home? does it have to be a child? where is that line? because for me that line is immiediately upon the choice to take an innocent life.

with that said, im very sorry you went thru that in your life. im sure there are many people here who can relate, including myself, on some level. the difference is we dont make the choice to kill animals and other humans and deny them the right to life.

I am guilty... so much of what you stated is sobering... Humor is my coping mechanism but abuse of it can lead to a pack mentality and be counter-productive.

I carry enormous guilt from my childhood for the vast majority of my classmates and I picking on the "weird girl" from kindergarten through middle school... We tormented that innocent girl with our words, insults and shunning. I can only imagine how horrific her childhood must have been being surrounded by bullies (boys & girls).

I tried to find her on FB & through Classmates to apologize but she isn't listed. I pray that we did not ruin her life psychologically.

Also not by any means excusing LRM's actions (nor mine) but I am definitely holding my head in shame at the moment.

I am one of those kids who was bullied and laughed at. I was the only adopted kid in my school back at a time when adopted kids were automatically considered 'bad seed', and then as I got older, I was one of a very few 'out' gay people in my neighborhood. The effects of childhood bullying stay with your throughout life, and I still feel the pain of it from time to time, so I can empathize with Luka somehwat, as I am certain he was an ostracized kid, and no doubt that played a part in his mental deterioration.

I see were you are coming from, and I do agree. I can't speak for others, but I think that the taunting you see here stems from rage. People are mad at him for what he has done.
Personally, if he had never killed anybody, I would feel sympathetic toward him. I'd probably defend him and perhaps even attempt to befriend him. I know what bullying feels like, and it is not fun. But not everybody who has been bullied, who is lonely and isolated, goes on to kill people. I have seen many people who have expressed some sort of sympathy for this guy and the life he has lived... up until the moment he killed Lin Jun. After that point, there is nothing but anger and rage at the accused, which is where the eyebrow jokes and other teasing begins.

I, personally, doubt that anybody here who is teasing him would be doing that if he didn't go on to murder. I suspect many would attempt to help him and show compassion. But, perhaps that would have ended with one of us as the victim instead of Mr. Lin.

:moo: :twocents:

Heck, the kitten killing videos did it for me, much less Jun Lin. However, we NEED people who can feel empathy for these lost souls if for no other reason, they might be reached at some point enough to keep them from killing anyone. Whether we like it or not, there are people who are having intrusive thoughts of murder and other horrible things, and they're not telling anyone because of the fall-out they perceive they will receive.

People like this need to realize they can go get counseling and meds to help them.

I am one of those kids who was bullied and laughed at. I was the only adopted kid in my school back at a time when adopted kids were automatically considered 'bad seed', and then as I got older, I was one of a very few 'out' gay people in my neighborhood. The effects of childhood bullying stay with your throughout life, and I still feel the pain of it from time to time, so I can empathize with Luka somehwat, as I am certain he was an ostracized kid, and no doubt that played a part in his mental deterioration.
Football hey at least you took responsibility and attempted to at some level address your wounding....................thats a lot no?

When I was a child, I was the "weird girl". I was bullied for 7 years. They beat me up, shut me out, ignored me, called me names. I also had problems at home. I was completely isolated, because no one would listen or would take the time to see the signs there was something wrong.
It took me years to recover. I never hurt anyone, but I can understand people like me are pushed over the edge. Hate can build up and some people (like LM) apperently can't controll that hate for other human beings. To me it looks like LM hated society and people so much, he created his own imaginary perfect world. I believe at some point he "woke up" and found himself completely alone. With nothing but hate, sadness. Like I said before, I believe this was his answer to all the pain.

Difference can be crippling, especially when it is met by hostility through bullying -- I am truly sorry for what you went through.

Part of my problem in making sense of this case is that LRM seems not to have had coherent idea of what his "perfect world" might look like. What did he like? Not sex, not love (seemingly), not other people, not himself, not thinking -- travel, perhaps, but more obviously travel pix with himself in them, real or not, after-the-fact simulacra of himself and the world. Beyond that, he liked to provoke and shock and unsettle and hurt -- that was clearly his life's calling, recently at any rate. I agree that LRN was broken, but if the breaking, the story of it, is interesting, the product (him) just isn't. He's a void, IMO.

s

I think it's a bit more complicated than that, but I can relate to your story. Thank you for sharing.

you and zillions of other people....HOWEVER....you chose not to take the life of innocent beings, right?

there is ZERO excuse for making the choice to kill animals and an innocent man. that is all on luka and so is any treatement he gets from here on out. he should have reached out for professional help...but nope, he chose to kill animals and a human.....

screw him.

at what point do we stop sympathizing for people who chose to be monsters and harm others and stand up and not make excuses for them? does it have to hit close to home? does it have to be a child? where is that line? because for me that line is immiediately upon the choice to take an innocent life.

with that said, im very sorry you went thru that in your life. im sure there are many people here who can relate, including myself, on some level. the difference is we dont make the choice to kill animals and other humans and deny them the right to life.

I do agree with what you are saying. But what I was trying to say, is that in LM's case it may be a combination of the things I wrote AND a disorder.
In my opinion that is the difference between people who are "just"bullied, and people who have a disorder also. I was only trying to say that we all must be carefull with who we pick on.

Pfew, I don't think I am getting my point across. Sorry. It's not easy to express myself in English.

If I stepped on any toes, sorry. And offcourse my sympathy goes out to JL and his family. I feel very sorry for them.

I don't think the accused killer needs people to compare themselves to his "possible" bullying life without any proof whatsoever that he was even bullied as a child or anytime in his life.

What we do know is he craved fame. He sought and admired two of Canada's worse serial killers. He made up a fairytale story of dating one of them and then went out to seek a reporter to tell his BS story and denied the allegations he, himself made up. He is alleged to have killed kittens and again posted the video and gained notoriety because of his horrific pleasures in shocking people but that wasn't enough. He then went to kill an innocent human being, taping the horror and posting it online to the shock and horror of those who viewed the video.

Nah. The only bully here is Eric Newman. He took innocent lives for his own sick pleasure.

I am soooo very sorry. Please accept my sincerest & most heartfelt apology for being a "mean girl". I know that I can never make up for the emotional pain that you endured or that I inflicted onto her.

I can only raise my son to be a better person than I was and so far I've managed to do a pretty outstanding job. (Bragging alert: He was one of a few hundred kids in the US who have been accepted into a prestigious peer counseling committee against stereotyping.)

I know what it is like to suffer from emotional, physical & sexual abuse. It isn't pretty and yes... I can say when you get pushed to the edge it changes everything. Life is never the same and each trip back to the edge gets easier. Unless you have been there yourself it is not possible for another to understand the seduction of its grasp. It is both frightening & intoxicating.

Yes, I appear empathetic towards the mentally ill but that does not mean I am sympathetic towards their crimes nor do I lose my heartbreak for the victim & both families. I make no apologies for having compassion towards the suffering of anyone.

Yes, I believe LRM is insane. Yes, I believe he planned out every murder he committed (kittens & humans). Yes, I believe he did it to try to quell & satiate his screaming inner demons.

It matters to me how those demons came into existence. Were they born or nature, nurture, abuse, environment, all of the aforementioned or combination or were they conjured through some unknown means?

We won't know until or if his psychological profile is released and I for one am totally fascinated to find out who LRM really is underneath his skin.

... what I was trying to say, is that in LM's case it may be a combination of the things I wrote AND a disorder.
In my opinion that is the difference between people who are "just"bullied, and people who have a disorder also. I was only trying to say that we all must be carefull with who we pick on.

Pfew, I don't think I am getting my point across. Sorry. It's not easy to express myself in English.
That is exactly how I read your post, Dutchie43, when you said some people are unable to contain their hate and act out.

I don't believe you have anything to apologize for. :)

I don't think the accused killer needs people to compare themselves to his "possible" bullying life without any proof whatsoever that he was even bullied as a child or anytime in his life.

What we do know is he craved fame. He sought and admired two of Canada's worse serial killers. He made up a fairytale story of dating one of them and then went out to seek a reporter to tell his BS story and denied the allegations he, himself made up. He is alleged to have killed kittens and again posted the video and gained notoriety because of his horrific pleasures in shocking people but that wasn't enough. He then went to kill an innocent human being, taping the horror and posting it online to the shock and horror of those who viewed the video.

Nah. The only bully here is Eric Newman. He took innocent lives for his own sick pleasure.

I am sorry that our empathy is upsetting to you. I think in the end, we are all trying to understand why and the only measuring stick we have is our own life experiences. We want to know why someone goes on to become a monster, and perhaps why we didn't. I think this is a normal human response to something almost to horrible to believe. Call it 'anatomy of a monster', if you will, we are dissecting his life, comparing it to aspects of our own and trying to make sense of it all. None of us are apologists for Luka, and all of us want to see him properly punished...make no mistake about it, but it says something wonderful to me that we can even have empathy for someone like LRM.

That is exactly how I read your post, Dutchie43, when you said some people are unable to contain their hate and act out.

I don't believe you have anything to apologize for. :)
I agree no apology needed!

I am soooo very sorry. Please accept my sincerest & most heartfelt apology for being a "mean girl". I know that I can never make up for the emotional pain that you endured or that I inflicted onto her.

I can only raise my son to be a better person than I was and so far I've managed to do a pretty outstanding job. (Bragging alert: He was one of a few hundred kids in the US who have been accepted into a prestigious peer counseling committee against stereotyping.)

I know what it is like to suffer from emotional, physical & sexual abuse. It isn't pretty and yes... I can say when you get pushed to the edge it changes everything. Life is never the same and each trip back to the edge gets easier. Unless you have been there yourself it is not possible for another to understand the seduction of its grasp. It is both frightening & intoxicating.

Yes, I appear empathetic towards the mentally ill but that does not mean I am sympathetic towards their crimes nor do I lose my heartbreak for the victim & both families. I make no apologies for having compassion towards the suffering of anyone.

Yes, I believe LRM is insane. Yes, I believe he planned out every murder he committed (kittens & humans). Yes, I believe he did it to try to quell & satiate his screaming inner demons.

It matters to me how those demons came into existence. Were they born or nature, nurture, abuse, environment, all of the aforementioned or combination or were they conjured through some unknown means?

We won't know until or if his psychological profile is released and I for one am totally fascinated to find out who LRM really is underneath his skin.

It's ok....;-) And I admire your honesty!

And the things you wrote were exactly the things I was trying to say.

I am sorry that our empathy is upsetting to you. I think in the end, we are all trying to understand why and the only measuring stick we have is our own life experiences. We want to know why someone goes on to become a monster, and perhaps why we didn't. I think this is a normal human response to something almost to horrible to believe. Call it 'anatomy of a monster', if you will, we are dissecting his life, comparing it to aspects of our own and trying to make sense of it all. None of us are apologists for Luka, and all of us want to see him properly punished...make no mistake about it, but it says something wonderful to me that we can even have empathy for someone like LRM.
That is exactly what I was tyrying to say you did it great -- what we all are really attempting to do is somehow someway understand this . I do not LIKE him , but understand that there ARE things that occurred in his existance (not under his control) that resulted in why we all are here at WS attemptng to understand, clarify , catagorize and verbilize our own confusions , questions, notions - its all about each of us in our own way an attempt to put this in some understandable framework.

In some way each of us are greiving but we all do it in different ways etc. THe past 24 hours have been helpful for me - I have followed this from the beginning but I am sure you all experience same thing - there are LOTS of people who do not follow it, nor want to rap about it . This has been helpful- its cathartic at some level.

I am sorry that our empathy is upsetting to you. I think in the end, we are all trying to understand why and the only measuring stick we have is our own life experiences. We want to know why someone goes on to become a monster, and perhaps why we didn't. I think this is a mornal human response to something almost to horrible to believe. Can it 'anatomy of a monster', if you will, we are dissecting his life, comparing it to aspects of our own and trying to make sense of it all. None of us are apologists for Luka, and all of us want to see him properly punished...make no mistake about it, but it says something wonderful to me that we can even have empathy for someone like LRM.

I'm not upset in the least. I don't empathize with killers. IMO, if he's got many empathizing, he achieved his goal.

Let's put him in a mental ward and declare him rehabilitated in a year or 2. Hey, if it worked for child killer Turcotte, it may work for Eric Newman. Or let's lock him up for a ummm let's say 12 years and send him to the Carribean like Homolka.

Heck, the kitten killing videos did it for me, much less Jun Lin. However, we NEED people who can feel empathy for these lost souls if for no other reason, they might be reached at some point enough to keep them from killing anyone. Whether we like it or not, there are people who are having intrusive thoughts of murder and other horrible things, and they're not telling anyone because of the fall-out they perceive they will receive.

People like this need to realize they can go get counseling and meds to help them.

BBM

And WE as their families, friends and community need to help those who do not understand mental illness and those who do not believe they have a mental illness. The latter is a fine line because trying to rationalize with an irrational person generally pushes them away and into a deeper & darker hole.

It's ok....;-) And I admire your honesty!

And the things you wrote were exactly the things I was trying to say.
You know what just hit me -- there is NO WAY (pleading not guilty) he is going to tell anyone about location of head. We all need to let go of that - can't (with a not guilty plea) happen...........................................................

Excellent post. Thank you so much for sharing. I've been on both sides. Victimizer and victim. Thank God I found my humanity along the way. I managed not to kill anyone, human or animal, but I was pretty mean.

I'm not upset in the least. I don't empathize with killers. IMO, if he's got many empathizing, he achieved his goal.

Let's put him in a mental ward and declare him rehabilitated in a year or 2. Hey, if it worked for child killer Turcotte, it may work for Eric Newman. Or let's lock him up for a ummm let's say 12 years and send him to the Carribean like Homolka.

Better still, why don't we set up the gallows again and hang him by the neck until dead?

I want him punished. I want him locked up for the rest of his natural life so he can never harm anyone again. But that doesn't stop me for having pity for his miserable existence and hope that Lin Jun's death leads to us being able to understand the 'next' Luka, and get him help before he ends up another murdering statistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bdw1990