ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We do take animal safety seriously here:

<<<Stephanie Smyth &#8207;@stephaniesmyth

#breaking: The #Sherway Gardens #hotdog is alive! Chihuahua left in sweltering RAV-4, emerg officials got into the car to save dog!>>>

i agree with your postS....

last night i had this weird little..hmmm cant think of word...not breakdown...but this moment where i thought...the internet, as amazing as it is has created or maybe just brought out the truly evil in people...and they can pretty much get away with it.

i was reading a newly created "justice for LM" FB page and how it was glorifying LM and then reading the comments of other FB users some chastising the FB page then others who were chastising those who opposed LM and again glorifying him....and the nastiness of those people who feel the power of anonymity just kind of hit me all at once...i followed some of the FB profiles and looked at their pages and started thinking...damn, there is a lot of ****ed up people out there....many who in person may appear completely normal, but put them in a dark alley or on the internet and they become a completely different person.....

how do you even weed out the true LMs and the jokesters? you cant.

back in the day, the things these people were saying would have gotten their *advertiser censored* kicked hard...now days people can post anything they want...be as evil and nasty and hurtful and never feel repercussions for it....because they are anonymous and nobody knows who they are....

...just some rambling thoughts sparked by your posts....

Know exactly what you mean, and consequently I have been busy reporting to FB (for what it's worth) some of those involved. :(

I wish the news/media (e.g. National Post) would be a little more sensitive when it comes to showing gruesome images, and include warnings in their titles. I did not just now need to see a partially blurred out image of Mr. Lin from the video after he had been killed and dismembered :/...... I just hope the victim's family does not come across these images, I cannot even imagine that feeling.

"Public Safety Minister Vic Toews says a video of a gruesome killing allegedly at the hands of Luka Rocco Magnotta which made its way online shows the need for the modernizing of Canadian criminal code in order to make obscenity charges stick."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...for-new-internet-surveillance-laws-vic-toews/

I admit, this worries me. The government is going to use this case to push through internet censorship, and that is NOT a good thing!!!

i think that this statement:
JUST BECAUSE SOCIETY THINKS SOMETHING IS NOT “NORMAL” DOESNT MEAN ITS NOT RIGHT. SOCIETY IS WAY TOO CONCERNED WITH WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK, SO THEY END UP LIVING THEIR LIVES IN FEAR AND REPRESSED. **** WHAT EVERBODY ELSE THINKS WHO CARES!!!!!!
is exactly what the note on LMs closet door wants to say. "If you dont like the reflection, dont look in the mirror. I dont care."
The irony is, LM seems to be "way too concerned with what other people think".
This is a form of projection, I think. He is projecting his own problems onto others.
Does anyone get what I want to say? Its so difficult to express my thoughts in another language. :waitasec:

I admit, this worries me. The government is going to use this case to push through internet censorship, and that is NOT a good thing!!!

I agree with you. They need to be focusing on ways to reduce these kinds of crimes, looking at warning signs and risk factors, not censorship and "big brother" surveillance.

That is most likely why he usually went out at night. This way he could look better. The sunlight shows things. If he was to go to a club ...at night flaws can be concealed to some degree.

Then when he went on the run he was out and about even in daytime as is evident from the Germany apprehension. Agoraphobics (if he has such tendencies which it seemed he might) will venture out when there is NO choice. meaning he HAD to venture out while traveling.

The last few years his looks really took a dump.

Seems that most of the pictures on the internet are when he was much younger, and of course as many have pointed out here, Photoshopped.

You know what? I am kinda intrigued that he admitted this stuff about his flaws. First thought is that he would conceal it. Puzzled by that. Have to think on that one.
The only reasoned he humbled himself forvthevplastic surgery video is because he stood the chance of getting free plastic surgery. It was a gamble that he lost.

I wish the news/media (e.g. National Post) would be a little more sensitive when it comes to showing gruesome images, and include warnings in their titles. I did not just now need to see a partially blurred out image of Mr. Lin from the video after he had been killed and dismembered :/...... I just hope the victim's family does not come across these images, I cannot even imagine that feeling.

You should see some of the "support" sites on Facebook, I am utterly disgusted :banghead:

Ive broken two windows getting animals out of hot cars. One with a tire iron and the other with a childs skateboard. I was charged with nothing. Laws in your area may be different.

Ive broken two windows getting animals out of hot cars. One with a tire iron and the other with a childs skateboard. I was charged with nothing. Laws in your area may be different.

Baudi, that picture you posted of Luka in Montreal in April, wearing the purple sweat pants...was that turned over to the poilce? Those appear to be the very same sweats from the killvid! I didn't see the post you wrote that accompanied the pictures, so I apologize in advance if this was already asked!

You should see some of the "support" sites on Facebook, I am utterly disgusted :banghead:

there are a lot of them...and he has a lot of online fans....
grant it, im sure some are bored kids out of school for summer just posting for shock and reactions....BUT amongst those bored kids are probably true fans because LM is not the only sick person out there...if you follow some of the profiles of the supporters, these are established accounts...people who have been on FB for awhile w/ lists of friends and all of that....not just trolls signing up new accounts to rile people up.....

with that said, reading what these people post and how they behave and the true nastiness towards those who want justice for the victim....makes me feel....ummm...well i have this sinking feeling in my stomach....a result of looking at the reality of life around us....

What if.....

Magnotta once had a life? He seems to have gone on the internet as his looks were fading. When he was young and invincible he probably could attend pool parties, outdoor daylight activities, etc. with little make up. HE WOULD have men falling on him. Not because he is "devastatingly good looking" but because a percentage of gay men (particularly older ones) as people have said here would like that look.

Then his hair starts falling out, his skin collagen depletes, his young face begins to age. (Oh, thought I was talking about myself there. Wait, I am LOL)

So Magnotta's desire to be desired when combined with the severe abuse history would be more than simply wanting some of that "daddy" attention. When you lose the tools to make even that band-aid happen......

It's like the video is a "temper tantrum" from a 2YO who has no resource to draw from when it comes to expressing emotions in a healthy manner. That's why I must agree with those who are saying it seemed "staged." It was so over the top as to communicate "LOOOOK at meeeee....I'm eeeeevil."

A true sadist would not simulate sex, IMO. I think he's more a masochist who is compelled to self harm. May sound funny but.....hear me out.

He has now done something to punish and harm himself irreversibly. He has killed a person. That person was an object, like to the cutter, a razor blade is an object. To the narcissist, people are objects. IMO, Magnotta had a desire to destroy himself, to punish himself and he used Lin to do it. The narcissist essentially self harms by isolating those around them, thus, feeding the illness.

Maybe Magnotta wanted to punish himself for being ugly, for being an object of sexual abuse, for all the *advertiser censored**** up things in his head, etc.

I DO NOT believe this person to be a Psychopath. A psychopath can be easily dismissed as "well it figures he did that." With this guy, I get the hunch he was a sad man. A sad man with a simmering anger and self hatred that masqueraded as self love, and that burned inside for years.

Look, I realize there are people here who want to classify this guy as a monster, or psychopath, and well, he is dangerous. But what I am suggesting is that he is far more dangerous than a psychopath. He is so selfish and so self serving that he will do ANYTHING for attention, even kill a person.

As the divorce rate increases and the kids of today continue to live in the "it's all about MEEEEEE" mentality, in the FB me, me, me, world, I can GUARANTEE there are little Lukas everywhere.

That's far more concerning than a psychopath. Psychopaths are 1 in thousands.

And, does not mean they will all kill people. But imagine the damage selfish people can do apart from physical killing.......

OK, so we will just shut down the internet now. There, I fixed it. Problem solved.

hmm, wonder how they would react to someone joining just to mess with their heads ...

trolls are easy to identify in real life - they're the a@@holes all around us :D

I was able to find a website, from someone who apparently collected LMs postings (not the short ones, the really long texts). Some of them I have never seen before, like the one where is talking about his stepfather hitting him and his sister.
they all seem written by LM himself, because his common spelling mistakes are there.
I want to share the link with you:

http://lotusbomb.wordpress.com/

:seeya:

Thanks for this. I've been trying to keep with with these threads, you guys never cease to amaze me with your sleuthing abilities and, more importantly, with your compassion. I just wanted to point out something that jumped out at me from this collection... a paragraph from the anesthetic awareness piece... LRM apparently wrote, "I was in the dentist&#8217;s chair and ready to have my wisdom teeth removed I was put to sleep and in the middle I can remember waking up and feeling the pain and not being able to say anything. I felt like somone had put a gag in my mouth and blindfloed me and tied me up. It was the most horrible experiance of my life up to that point." From what I saw (and I admit I covered my eyes for a good portion of the video) I think this is exactly what he put Lin through, IMO, I really think he drugged him. RIP.

I can't even count the number of times I've called the cops on people who leave children and pets in their cars. One of these days, I'm going to break a window to save one and I just bet I'd get charged with vandalism or something if I did.

A friend of mine has broken out windows on two occassions, the last time being in the past week. Pup was left in a car, he took his tripod and took out the window to get the dog air and called the police on himself, the dog needed air right away as it was in Florida and ninety degrees, the windows were sealed and no owner in sight. He was thanked and dismissed....Just saying, cops are getting sick of it too....

IMHO

What if.....

Magnotta once had a life? He seems to have gone on the internet as his looks were fading. When he was young and invincible he probably could attend pool parties, outdoor daylight activities, etc. with little make up. HE WOULD have men falling on him. Not because he is "devastatingly good looking" but because a percentage of gay men (particularly older ones) as people have said here would like that look.

Then his hair starts falling out, his skin collagen depletes, his young face begins to age. (Oh, thought I was talking about myself there. Wait, I am LOL)

So Magnotta's desire to be desired when combined with the severe abuse history would be more than simply wanting some of that "daddy" attention. When you lose the tools to make even that band-aid happen......

It's like the video is a "temper tantrum" from a 2YO who has no resource to draw from when it comes to expressing emotions in a healthy manner. That's why I must agree with those who are saying it seemed "staged." It was so over the top as to communicate "LOOOOK at meeeee....I'm eeeeevil."

A true sadist would not simulate sex, IMO. I think he's more a masochist who is compelled to self harm. May sound funny but.....hear me out.

He has now done something to punish and harm himself irreversibly. He has killed a person. That person was an object, like to the cutter, a razor blade is an object. To the narcissist, people are objects. IMO, Magnotta had a desire to destroy himself, to punish himself and he used Lin to do it. The narcissist essentially self harms by isolating those around them, thus, feeding the illness.

Maybe Magnotta wanted to punish himself for being ugly, for being an object of sexual abuse, for all the *advertiser censored**** up things in his head, etc.

I DO NOT believe this person to be a Psychopath. A psychopath can be easily dismissed as "well it figures he did that." With this guy, I get the hunch he was a sad man. A sad man with a simmering anger and self hatred that masqueraded as self love, and that burned inside for years.

Look, I realize there are people here who want to classify this guy as a monster, or psychopath, and well, he is dangerous. But what I am suggesting is that he is far more dangerous than a psychopath. He is so selfish and so self serving that he will do ANYTHING for attention, even kill a person.

As the divorce rate increases and the kids of today continue to live in the "it's all about MEEEEEE" mentality, in the FB me, me, me, world, I can GUARANTEE there are little Lukas everywhere.

That's far more concerning than a psychopath. Psychopaths are 1 in thousands.

And, does not mean they will all kill people. But imagine the damage selfish people can do apart from physical killing.......

OK, so we will just shut down the internet now. There, I fixed it. Problem solved.

VERY well stated! I agree with much of what you have said here. I have never thought he was a psychopath. A narcissist yes! A sad, pathetic creature, yes!

That is most likely why he usually went out at night. This way he could look better. The sunlight shows things. If he was to go to a club ...at night flaws can be concealed to some degree.

Then when he went on the run he was out and about even in daytime as is evident from the Germany apprehension. Agoraphobics (if he has such tendencies which it seemed he might) will venture out when there is NO choice. meaning he HAD to venture out while traveling.

The last few years his looks really took a dump.

Seems that most of the pictures on the internet are when he was much younger, and of course as many have pointed out here, Photoshopped.

You know what? I am kinda intrigued that he admitted this stuff about his flaws. First thought is that he would conceal it. Puzzled by that. Have to think on that one.

He did something similar in the "Cover Guy" audition. One of the first things he said to the judges was that he used to be fat, and that he'd lost a lot of weight. In that case, it was both unflattering and a lie. But it creates empathy in your audience, pulls them into your personal struggles, and hopefully, makes them identify with your own goals and want you to realize them. Admitting a flaw also makes you vulnerable, and if your audience is in the position to help you, it can make them feel guilty if they do not. One of the judges voted for him to be on the show after this act, so it worked.

This might not be an exact equivalent, but it seems like the same method. If LM still believed the delusional persona he had created for himself, he probably did not see these admissions about botched plastic surgery to be as damaging as anyone not sharing those delusions would. It seems his life took a darker turn after 2007/8, when couldn't get on reality tv. He must have realized the failure of this, but habits and behaviors don't change easily.

Just my perspective.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member