ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What if.....

Magnotta once had a life? He seems to have gone on the internet as his looks were fading. When he was young and invincible he probably could attend pool parties, outdoor daylight activities, etc. with little make up. HE WOULD have men falling on him. Not because he is "devastatingly good looking" but because a percentage of gay men (particularly older ones) as people have said here would like that look.

Then his hair starts falling out, his skin collagen depletes, his young face begins to age. (Oh, thought I was talking about myself there. Wait, I am LOL)

So Magnotta's desire to be desired when combined with the severe abuse history would be more than simply wanting some of that "daddy" attention. When you lose the tools to make even that band-aid happen......

It's like the video is a "temper tantrum" from a 2YO who has no resource to draw from when it comes to expressing emotions in a healthy manner. That's why I must agree with those who are saying it seemed "staged." It was so over the top as to communicate "LOOOOK at meeeee....I'm eeeeevil."

A true sadist would not simulate sex, IMO. I think he's more a masochist who is compelled to self harm. May sound funny but.....hear me out.

He has now done something to punish and harm himself irreversibly. He has killed a person. That person was an object, like to the cutter, a razor blade is an object. To the narcissist, people are objects. IMO, Magnotta had a desire to destroy himself, to punish himself and he used Lin to do it. The narcissist essentially self harms by isolating those around them, thus, feeding the illness.

Maybe Magnotta wanted to punish himself for being ugly, for being an object of sexual abuse, for all the *advertiser censored**** up things in his head, etc.

I DO NOT believe this person to be a Psychopath. A psychopath can be easily dismissed as "well it figures he did that." With this guy, I get the hunch he was a sad man. A sad man with a simmering anger and self hatred that masqueraded as self love, and that burned inside for years.

Look, I realize there are people here who want to classify this guy as a monster, or psychopath, and well, he is dangerous. But what I am suggesting is that he is far more dangerous than a psychopath. He is so selfish and so self serving that he will do ANYTHING for attention, even kill a person.

As the divorce rate increases and the kids of today continue to live in the "it's all about MEEEEEE" mentality, in the FB me, me, me, world, I can GUARANTEE there are little Lukas everywhere.

That's far more concerning than a psychopath. Psychopaths are 1 in thousands.

And, does not mean they will all kill people. But imagine the damage selfish people can do apart from physical killing.......

OK, so we will just shut down the internet now. There, I fixed it. Problem solved.

Again..my feelings exactly. we share many opinions about this case..I suspect mainly from our personal experiences with narcissists.

He did something similar in the "Cover Guy" audition. One of the first things he said to the judges was that he used to be fat, and that he'd lost a lot of weight. In that case, it was both unflattering and a lie. But it creates empathy in your audience, pulls them into your personal struggles, and hopefully, makes them identify with your own goals and want you to realize them. Admitting a flaw also makes you vulnerable, and if your audience is in the position to help you, it can make them feel guilty if they do not. One of the judges voted for him to be on the show after this act, so it worked.

This might not be an exact equivalent, but it seems like the same method. If LM still believed the delusional persona he had created for himself, he probably did not see these admissions about botched plastic surgery to be as damaging as anyone not sharing those delusions would. It seems his life took a darker turn after 2007/8, when couldn't get on reality tv. He must have realized the failure of this, but habits and behaviors don't change easily.

Just my perspective.

Yes, I do see your points. Thank you for that.

Seems those are accurate observations when thought through from that perspective.

In perfect alignment with his MO.

hmm, wonder how they would react to someone joining just to mess with their heads ...

trolls are easy to identify in real life - they're the a@@holes all around us :D

the most disturbing person on those pages is a man in probably his 50's ... the rest are moronic teenagers and mentally challenged people IMO

What do you think....???

He will most likely do well in confinement. Reports said he was "meek" and "polite" to LE. He now has people paying attention to him, and close and intimate human contact. (Which is what I think he may have desired) He has people feeding him and practically wiping his poopy butt.

He is being treated like a child. Incarceration is somewhat like being babysat. All a person needs to do to fulfill responsibility is to wake up in the morning. No thinking, no planning, no pressure. You are fed, clothed, and even "tucked in" at night in a sense.

And, people are close to you. In a weird way it is some form of bonding.

Admittedly I must confess there is something about prison that is appealing. Not to be locked up, but, to have all the adult pressures removed.

There is a small chance Magnotta consciously or subconsciously desired prison? Just spit balling.

Baudi, that picture you posted of Luka in Montreal in April, wearing the purple sweat pants...was that turned over to the poilce? Those appear to be the very same sweats from the killvid! I didn't see the post you wrote that accompanied the pictures, so I apologize in advance if this was already asked!

Yes it was turned over to the police.

shameless plug https://www.facebook.com/pages/What-Happened-to-Luka-Magnottas-Puppy/437610502929876 LRM's support sites have more fans, c'mon, only takes a click :tyou:

still no word in the media on what happened to that pup......
just cant believe nobody has come forward with "i gave him that" "i sold him that" or "remains found"....

nothing at all....

i can only assume that not many in the area have actually seen the killvid....only heard of whatever the news reported and i cant remember if the news even reported on the pup....

Ive broken two windows getting animals out of hot cars. One with a tire iron and the other with a childs skateboard. I was charged with nothing. Laws in your area may be different.

A friend of mine has broken out windows on two occassions, the last time being in the past week. Pup was left in a car, he took his tripod and took out the window to get the dog air and called the police on himself, the dog needed air right away as it was in Florida and ninety degrees, the windows were sealed and no owner in sight. He was thanked and dismissed....Just saying, cops are getting sick of it too....

IMHO

yep, you're both making sense now that I think about the fact that if LE or the fire dep't got there, they would just break the window anyway so why charge a citizen

the police are getting sick of it around here too - I know that from their quick response time and comments once they get there

if I happen to see the need to break a window or two this summer, I'll let you guys know how it went :wink:

What do you think....???

He will most likely do well in confinement. Reports said he was "meek" and "polite" to LE. He now has people paying attention to him, and close and intimate human contact. (Which is what I think he may have desired) He has people feeding him and practically wiping his poopy butt.

He is being treated like a child. Incarceration is somewhat like being babysat. All a person needs to do to fulfill responsibility is to wake up in the morning. No thinking, no planning, no pressure. You are fed, clothed, and even "tucked in" at night in a sense.

And, people are close to you. In a weird way it is some form of bonding.

Admittedly I must confess there is something about prison that is appealing. Not to be locked up, but, to have all the adult pressures removed.

There is a small chance Magnotta consciously or subconsciously desired prison? Just spit balling.

i have to disagree...he was addicted to the internet and the attention he got off of it...positive and negative...he got off on it....it was a source of energy and adrenaline and everything else.....

i have friends who are correctional officers and while the US is prob diff than other countries, i doubt he is getting that much attention. not the attention that he needs and craves...

no way....

I can't even count the number of times I've called the cops on people who leave children and pets in their cars. One of these days, I'm going to break a window to save one and I just bet I'd get charged with vandalism or something if I did.

I know how you feel. That said, no.....I doubt you/we'd be chastised for saving an animal's life or a child's life. The police are really good about citizens calling to provide info, I believe. :)

just cant believe nobody has come forward with "i gave him that" "i sold him that" or "remains found"....

nothing at all....

i can only assume that not many in the area have actually seen the killvid....only heard of whatever the news reported and i cant remember if the news even reported on the pup....

I'm with you on this. He got that puppy from someone. Also, there are pictures taken of him in Montreal within the last 5 months. WHO took those pictures??? Even if he asked some stranger to take them, he would be hard to forget in terms of the media attention he has been getting. I suppose it is entirely possible they HAVE come forward to LE and we just aren't being made privy to that information.

Yes it was turned over to the police.

Great web sleuthing, Baudi. You guys were ahead of the curve in so many ways on LRM.

It's also incredibly annoying for Montreal police to not have taken the tips / info provided more seriously.

If LE FINED this woman in Toronto, what will they do to LRM:

Stephanie Smyth ‏@stephaniesmyth

Woman - from out of town - fined $260 for leaving dog in veh for approx 1 hour w/out water. #hotdog @CP24 #Toronto #SherwayGardens

What if.....

Magnotta once had a life? He seems to have gone on the internet as his looks were fading. When he was young and invincible he probably could attend pool parties, outdoor daylight activities, etc. with little make up. HE WOULD have men falling on him. Not because he is "devastatingly good looking" but because a percentage of gay men (particularly older ones) as people have said here would like that look.

Then his hair starts falling out, his skin collagen depletes, his young face begins to age. (Oh, thought I was talking about myself there. Wait, I am LOL)

So Magnotta's desire to be desired when combined with the severe abuse history would be more than simply wanting some of that "daddy" attention. When you lose the tools to make even that band-aid happen......

It's like the video is a "temper tantrum" from a 2YO who has no resource to draw from when it comes to expressing emotions in a healthy manner. That's why I must agree with those who are saying it seemed "staged." It was so over the top as to communicate "LOOOOK at meeeee....I'm eeeeevil."

A true sadist would not simulate sex, IMO. I think he's more a masochist who is compelled to self harm. May sound funny but.....hear me out.

He has now done something to punish and harm himself irreversibly. He has killed a person. That person was an object, like to the cutter, a razor blade is an object. To the narcissist, people are objects. IMO, Magnotta had a desire to destroy himself, to punish himself and he used Lin to do it. The narcissist essentially self harms by isolating those around them, thus, feeding the illness.

Maybe Magnotta wanted to punish himself for being ugly, for being an object of sexual abuse, for all the *advertiser censored**** up things in his head, etc.

I DO NOT believe this person to be a Psychopath. A psychopath can be easily dismissed as "well it figures he did that." With this guy, I get the hunch he was a sad man. A sad man with a simmering anger and self hatred that masqueraded as self love, and that burned inside for years.

Look, I realize there are people here who want to classify this guy as a monster, or psychopath, and well, he is dangerous. But what I am suggesting is that he is far more dangerous than a psychopath. He is so selfish and so self serving that he will do ANYTHING for attention, even kill a person.

As the divorce rate increases and the kids of today continue to live in the "it's all about MEEEEEE" mentality, in the FB me, me, me, world, I can GUARANTEE there are little Lukas everywhere.

That's far more concerning than a psychopath. Psychopaths are 1 in thousands.

And, does not mean they will all kill people. But imagine the damage selfish people can do apart from physical killing.......

OK, so we will just shut down the internet now. There, I fixed it. Problem solved.

A very interesting post livingstone and I think there is a possibly a lot of truth in what you say. The only thing I would add tho is that a couple of people who knew him 8-10 years ago (his ex girlfriend, and a male friend) both talk about the fact that they broke off with him because he was freaking them out, acting weird.

Also, the male friend who knew him in (I think) 2002-3 said that when he (the friend) suggested going out, Magnotta would refuse. The friend described him as a 'home boy' (I remember the expression). He added that LM would usually only do so at night and in big crowds. So I don't really think there was ever this Magnotta who would go out partying.

The wanting to punish himself strikes a definite chord. His ex-girlfriend said he would often hit himself, particularly in the head. That smacks of self-loathing to me, but he was doing that when he was 18 or 19. His anger too, violent mood swings. I believe it was his ex girlfriend who said she once accidentally knocked over a photo of him and he flew off the handle and lost it.

I have to say I find a lot of what you say pretty convincing, the only thing I would question is that he ever was a party person, that he once had a 'life'. For me the accounts by his ex girlfriend and former friend suggest otherwise. They also both cut off contact with him because he was freaking them out. The male friend said that when he was trying to end their friendship, Magnotta became extremely anxious.

So in conclusion I think you make some points that I find fairly convincing, but I don't think it gives the whole picture. I think there was no previous life, just a slow degradation, a worsening of symptoms, an increase in anger as he failed in everything he needed to achieve in order to feel validated. (In the reality tv audition he actually says something like 'Everything I set my mind on, I achieve'. No he didn't, and that was part of the problem.

As you say, his looks started to fade and that might have been what pushed him over the edge. I do believe he had a desire to destroy himself, and that the killing was maybe a way of doing that. After that gruesome act, there was no going back.

I also believe he is pretty broken now. Not that he wasn't anyway. But he realises it's all over. I reckon that he has probably been feeling a mixture of fear and relief. Consider the reports of people who've come across him since he fled. On the plane he was extremely agitated and crying incontrollably. In the bar in Paris he was described as being 'very nervous'. When asked in a Parisian perfume shop not to handle the merchandise he lost it and started shouting at the shop assistant. And in the internet café in Berlin he was also said to be agitated and nervous.

In prison in Berlin he has been described as 'meek'. He has nowhere to run now.

These are just my thoughts.

I think this is a very interesting and thought-provoking dialogue we're having here. This case has disturbed us all, and is bringing things up that are very uncomfortable for many of us. I am grateful that I have all of you to share this experience with. We are all trying to understand what has happened here. We are walking in the darkness, feeling out for clues. I like the mutual respect that we are showing each other in our sometimes differing approaches to doing this.

As you said earlier livingstone, in the name of Lin Jun let's try to understand what went on here. Lin Jun has passed away and will not come back. So let's hope that in his name society can learn at least a few lessons and try to move forward.

RIP Lin Jun

nothing at all....

I think I've read every article and watched every news clip (or so it feels) and not one person (police or neighbours) have mentioned that a dog ever lived in that apartment.

Just another baffling thing about this case. :waitasec:

I agree with you. They need to be focusing on ways to reduce these kinds of crimes, looking at warning signs and risk factors, not censorship and "big brother" surveillance.

The first killvid of kittens should have been enough evidence to arrest this guy. The dropped the ball, collectively all LE that did nothing. I know they are busy but crime like torture of animals should not be taken lightly ever.
Children who abuse animals should be thoroughly evaluated to see if they can help them before they end up Luka, obviously begging for attention his whole life.

The complete silence about the dog in all this press coverage is baffling. Are LE asking them not to report something I wonder, or is that they're too distracted with ZOMG gay cannibal *advertiser censored* snuff yada yada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MADELINE123654