ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
why does the name "manny" seem so familiar in this case.. like ive read in somewhere before..

I worry that all the media in regards to possible cold cases in the US he might be tied to could be a problem if Germany thinks his human rights would be in jeopardy if the US can try and prosecute him.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2
That's not a concern for Germany since they only have an extradition request from Canada.

I didn't say the film was ordered I said the spectacle was ordered.

But yes money is a strange element with L.M. he obviously at times has some money his girlfriend talked about him wining and dining her and his travels are pretty extensive. Then there is the bankruptcy report he appeared to be completely broke. I don't know about Paris/Berlin. The cheap hotel would be a good idea to escape detection. Did he steal any money from Lin and actually if not why not? If we take the "how to disappear story" seriously then maybe he thought he could. His behaviour in Europe is perplexing though. Paris and Berlin are pretty big cities though and there are very rough edges and no doubt a few kindred spirits.

I am slightly suspicious that maybe police had him under surveillance from Paris on i.e. that the internet cafe story isn't exact.

[bbm]
why would they have him under surveillance? they would've just stopped him for questioning and once they had confirmed his identity, arrested him

they got the lead about him going to Berlin from a fellow bus passenger and consequently speaking to the bus terminal clerks

or do you think they were hoping he would lead them to bigger fish?

i find this incredibly interesting....
and while i dont sympathize with what LM did, i truly believe there is truth in many of his writings. not making excuses and im sure my post history will prove that....

but i also know that there are many ****ed up people out there who would take advantage of another ****ed person who is much weaker on many levels.

that blurry line is....what is truth and what is fantasy....

the "victim" defense worked for karla.....how much of the victim defense will work in his favor.....now there is a trail of "evidence" that he was abused and a victim and sought help....(again, who knows what is true or not, but he sought help...) will the mental hospital in miami release info to his defense that he was in fact admitted? can the alleged police reports be obtained? im just asking all of this as a possible path his defense will take to lessen his sentence...

is LM going to be released sooner than later just like Karla?

lots of things that make ya go hmmmmmmmm.

Not true. It's at the discretion of the judge in each case.

"The framework of Canadian legal principles dealing with pretrial publicity is the English common law doctrine of criminal contempt of court.That doctrine is interpreted by the Honourable Chief Justice McRuer, of Ontario, in the following terms:

Criminal contempt of court may be defined as any act done or any thing published tending to obstruct, impair, or interfere with the fair administration of justice or to bring the courts or judge into contempt; or any act done or writing published tending to obstruct or interfere with the due course of justice or lawful process of the courts.

The punishable act is conduct which tends to interfere with the procedural safeguards of a fair hearing and thus to prejudice the position of a person having a cause before the court. It is clear that the doctrine is not for the personal protection of the justices or their dignity, but, again in McRuer’s words, “for the protection of the individual right of every citizen to an independent administration of justice free from influence or intimidation by improper conduct of any sort.”

http://bccla.org/our_work/pretrial-publicity-report-draft-statute-comments/

Court procedure publication bans are very common in Canada ... IMO there will be very minimal info allowed to be reported until after the verdict.

Pretrial publication bans are based in law, not up to the discretion of the Judge.

we found out a lot during Rafferty's trial as the reporters were allowed to tweet from the courtroom

hoping they're allowed to in this case as well ...

Information can be released during trial and fully released after trial, just not before trial. This is done to protect the innocent, to ensure that the accused receives fair trial ... and also to minimize the possibility of having tainted jurors.

and while i dont sympathize with what LM did, i truly believe there is truth in many of his writings. not making excuses and im sure my post history will prove that....

but i also know that there are many ****ed up people out there who would take advantage of another ****ed person who is much weaker on many levels.

the "victim" defense worked for karla.....how much of the victim defense will work in his favor.....now there is a trail of "evidence" that he was abused and a victim and sought help....(again, who knows what is true or not, but he sought help...) will the mental hospital in miami release info to his defense that he was in fact admitted?

I thought it was also interesting that he makes a point of saying he was not on any meds despite the bankrupcy stating he had ~$200 worth of medical expenses a month. According to his emails there should also be the hospital admission info, police reports filed, etc. Wonder if any will come to light (if any of it was real to begin with - psych holds usually happen for a reason after all), or if not being on meds exacerbated any underlying mental issues during his escalation.

"The framework of Canadian legal principles dealing with pretrial publicity is the English common law doctrine of criminal contempt of court.That doctrine is interpreted by the Honourable Chief Justice McRuer, of Ontario, in the following terms:

Criminal contempt of court may be defined as any act done or any thing published tending to obstruct, impair, or interfere with the fair administration of justice or to bring the courts or judge into contempt; or any act done or writing published tending to obstruct or interfere with the due course of justice or lawful process of the courts.

The punishable act is conduct which tends to interfere with the procedural safeguards of a fair hearing and thus to prejudice the position of a person having a cause before the court. It is clear that the doctrine is not for the personal protection of the justices or their dignity, but, again in McRuer’s words, “for the protection of the individual right of every citizen to an independent administration of justice free from influence or intimidation by improper conduct of any sort.”

http://bccla.org/our_work/pretrial-publicity-report-draft-statute-comments/
We weren't talking about contempt of court as it relates to what is published (which can happen whether there is a ban in place or not). But thank you anyway.

I thought it was also interesting that he makes a point of saying he was not on any meds despite the bankrupcy stating he had ~$200 worth of medical expenses a month. According to his emails there should also be the hospital admission info, police reports filed, etc. Wonder if any will come to light (if any of it was real to begin with - psych holds usually happen for a reason after all), or if not being on meds exacerbated any underlying mental issues during his escalation.

hey may not have been on meds at the time of him reaching out for help...and ending up in a hospital (if that is true)....

i also found it interesting that he promised this defense attorney $300....and he actually came up w/ the $300 and brought it to him.

now again, im not an attorney, but there are things surfacing IMO that could be used in his defense to help aid in him getting a sentence that most of us dont want him to have....a reduced sentence w/ the possibility of him being released back to the streets some day...

The meeting concluded with Magnotta promising to send Salta some emails detailing his abuse and pledging payment of $300. But he said he "Needed to run out and turn a few tricks first."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-alleged-canadian-psycho-2012-6#ixzz1xhYe8Ckl

As my interview with Salta wound down I picked up the stack of emails and took a couple of pictures. "Did he ever give you the three-hundred-bucks?" I asked, walking out the door.

Salta chuckled. "He did. He was back before lunch and paid me in cash."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/the-...-alleged-canadian-psycho-2012-6#ixzz1xhYhsO80

So LM made a promise to this man and stuck to his promise. After all we know of him based on what is being reported....I find that very interesting.....

it also goes to show how he can come up with some good amount of $$ FAST if he needed it. i most certainly cant just come up with that amount of $$ in a few hours (or so) lol who said there is a recession? guess the oldest job remains the most profitable job even in hard times.

Information can be released during trial and fully released after trial, just not before trial. This is done to protect the innocent, to ensure that the accused receives fair trial ... and also to minimize the possibility of having tainted jurors.
So you're saying we're all just imagining reading all these news reports? C'mon Otto. :floorlaugh:

I wonder if he did have cosmetic surgery was the 200.00 a month to pay on those bills? IIRC in USA you cannot (or could not) discharge medical bills via bankruptcy, but honestly its been 15 yrs since I did medical collections.
Or is he delusional enough to consider cosmetics (makeup and glam) medical expenses?

I wonder if he did have cosmetic surgery was the 200.00 a month to pay on those bills? IIRC in USA you cannot (or could not) discharge medical bills via bankruptcy, but honestly its been 15 yrs since I did medical collections.
Or is he delusional enough to consider cosmetics (makeup and glam) medical expenses?

You can discharge medical bills in the US. (Don't know when that started, but probably when insurance and doc fees got outrageous.) In fact, most bankruptcies now are from insurmountable medical bills and credit card debt. Some people have to file every 7 years due to medical bills and health issues that will last a lifetime.

Only non-dischargeables at this time (may depend on state) are taxes, child support, court fines, fees and costs, student loans.

the "victim" defense worked for karla.....how much of the victim defense will work in his favor.....now there is a trail of "evidence" that he was abused and a victim and sought help....(again, who knows what is true or not, but he sought help...) will the mental hospital in miami release info to his defense that he was in fact admitted? can the alledged police reports be obtained? im just asking all of this as a possible path his defense will take...

I don't believe he was a victim. He started that web of deceit when he realized the animal rights activists were getting close IMO.

they do it to avoid consequences IMO and the more serious the consequences, the more elaborate and ridiculous their stories will be

he took situations in which he was a paid prostitute and pretended they were something else IMHO

personal anecdote:

someone I once dated made up a whole story about being hit by a car just because he was late getting to my house ... neither the cops nor the hospital believed him (I can imagine how many liars & hypochondriacs they have to deal with daily)

years later, you can imagine my reaction when an employee came to work with the exact same story (& she wasn't even that late) ... it was interesting when she lifted her pantleg to show me her non-existent swelling & bruising but the really funny part was seeing the look on her face when I told her that there's CCTV at that corner so she'll have evidence for her courtcase

in my experience, these people have parents & siblings who enable them and by the time they're adults it's gone on far too long for anyone else to call B.S. and actually help the person

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IamNobody