ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
You asked about internet access, which he will not have.

He will sit in a prisoner's box in the courtroom, not beside his lawyer as it's done in the U.S. or on T.V.

In Rafferty's trial, iirc ... the defence asked permission for MTR to sit with his defence team and that for security reasons the judge ruled that he sit in the prisoner's box. So, it would seem it is at the judge's discretion.

In Rafferty's trial, iirc ... the defence asked permission for MTR to sit with his defence team and the for security reasons the judge ruled that he sit in the prisoner's box. So, it would seem it is at the judge's discretion.
Yes, the judge can be asked to use his discretion for a lot of things. I've never heard of a judge granting a defendant in a first degree trial permission to sit beside his lawyer, but I'm sure you could find a case where he/she might have.

I can't get this video to play, but the preview caption in Google looks a heck of a lot like the "new" videos Luka supposedly posted while he was in France/Berlin, saying "hi to all of my fans". However this is from 2008. Maybe LRM wasn't posting those videos while on the run?

http://www.supershare.net/en/video/72964-23271539ba.html

Not sure links to those sites are kosher here. Moderator, thoughts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S II

Apart from the thanks, which I much appreciate - am I really the only one here voicing LRM's total and utter guilt and responsibility in this case? I mean. oh well... I'll be silent now. But the evidence is. Is..... Overwhelming.

Am I really the only one to have this opinion?
:confused:

At this point, I believe LRM is guilty. At WS however, we rip things to shreds wih a view to uncovering whatever we can in relation to a case. IF, in that process there is something that lends itself to further prove his guilt or innocence, we try to uncover it. IF, in that process there is something we find that tends to provide proof of innocence, we'll talk about that too.

As much as many of us currently feel he is guilty, i'm pretty sure the majority of those same posters would gladly change that stance IF something that shows his innocence is presented. IMO, it ain't gonna happen, but we'll be here if it does ;)

I was just going to reply to the post by Dane to express my opinion. The only treatment he will get is life in prison. He'll be lucky to get solitary confinement. If not, oh well. :moo:
Our worst prisoners are offered counseling in prison all the time. Canada has one of the top programs in the world for that and I believe it's in Kingston.

ETA: there are three Regional Treatment Centres, one of which is in Kingston:

http://www.csc-scc.gc.ca/text/facilit/institutprofiles/regtreat-eng.shtml

You're a tough negotiator Sealuzna, but if you are willing to expand the number of Tim Hortons locations in the States, that's a deal.

Deal! I'll give you every last Tim Hortons outlet we have. I can't stand the stuff. Go Starbucks! :woohoo:

What a shameless attempt to bump her so-called story up in the ratings. Disgusting!

I didn't click, because that would bump her up in the ratings!

What's it about, anyone who has already read it? No new clicks, please, if it's a disgusting ratings ploy.

We are allowed to paraphrase and summarize things we've read. Just giving the link with no info about it just means we all have to click on it to know what you are talking about.

I forget the rules on examiner articles as MSM. Some are allowed and some aren't. I would PM a mod about it before posting to be sure.

[/B]

BBM

I can understand why the poster took offense. There has been a lot of similar statements made towards new posters, and I think it needs to stop.
? The poster has already stated he/she misread my post (the first sentence).

The second sentence is simply stating I find it interesting how many people join here when they find stuff other posters haven't unearthed.

There's no need to make it out to be more than that.

I didn't click, because that would bump her up in the ratings!

What's it about, anyone who has already read it? No new clicks, please, if it's a disgusting ratings ploy.

We are allowed to paraphrase and summarize things we've read. Just giving the link with no info about it just means we all have to click on it to know what you are talking about.

I forget the rules on examiner articles as MSM. Some are allowed and some aren't. I would PM a mod about it before posting to be sure.

Well said writer.

Re: Examiner and similar articles, while they do appear when one does a Google News search, many times these articles contain info that we've already debunked or full of unconfirmed titillating information to earn the author some cash based on the Examiner's pay per click model... Vultures in some cases but legit authors in others...

? The poster has already stated he/she misread my post (the first sentence).

The second sentence is simply stating I find it interesting how many people join here when they find stuff other posters haven't unearthed.

There's no need to make it out to be more than that.

It's not like someone spit on your Versace shirt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member