ARRESTED- Luka Rocco Magnotta:1st deg murder charge #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
he seems to be either a hard money lender, or a broker of sorts to help you find one. with several ads on a very sketchy looking website.. has anyone every heard of CERTG financial services?
<rs&bbm>

A google using the bolded brings up quite a bit. Still looking.

This is WONDERFUL to note:

Hundreds gather for Lin Jun vigil
From the Montreal Gazette : www.montrealgazette.com/Hundreds+gather+vigil/6784710/story.html

Candles flickered and incense wafted in the air of Dorchester Square Thursday night as a few hundred people gathered at a vigil for murder victim Lin Jun. The silent memorial paid tribute to the Chinese computer science at Concordia University whose bizarre killing and dismemberment made worldwide headlines.

hi-junlin-852-8col.jpg

The NY Lawyer looks like a typical Manhattan lawyer with 30 years experience .... one who has probably been too busy to care about a website.

He probably does extremely well for himself considering the article mentions he owns an apartment building on the upper westside that the reporter rented a unit from him ... LM told him he got his name from a friend.

In case anyone wonders, I am filling out these quizzes according to how I think Luka would respond if he was being honest.

lol ... are you saying you are trying to think like Luka? ... is that even possible?

My guess is that this would be his instinctual variant on the enneagram test. Hoping these posts lend some insight into his personality and motivations.

"Social Fours focus their envy and hypersensitivity in the social realm; thus, they are people who deeply want to belong, to be a part of an "in crowd" with a glamorous lifestyle, but who often fear that they are not up to it. Social Fours tend to be more extroverted than Fours of the other two instincts and can resemble Twos or Sevens. Social Fours can be quite funny, using droll, ironic humor to make a point or simply to stimulate conversation. They enjoy expressing their individuality and sense of style in a more public way, although they also attempt to conceal the extent of their feelings of social inadequacy or shame. Social Fours may work hard to develop a public persona through which they can communicate the depths of their feelings, but this persona is usually more glamorous and free than they actually feel. Social Fours are acutely aware of the artifice of their persona, but they use it nonetheless as a way of finding some sense of belonging and involvement in the world. When they are more troubled, Social Fours fear social humiliation to such a degree that they may retreat from much social contact, becoming isolated and reclusive. They may also develop a personal style cultivated to show the world how wounded and different they feel."

"Prone to shame because they compare themselves with the "normal" world around them. Can be highly self-critical and feel ashamed for their deviance from imagined group norms. Sensitive to criticism. May romanticize their defects but feel bad about themselves anyway. If they have a 3 wing, may cover their shame with charm. Can also seek status or be driven to achieve to get revenge against those who once laughed at them. With a 5 wing, can grow antisocial and depressed, bearing their shame in solitude."

http://theenneagram.blogspot.com/2007/09/type-4.html

lol ... are you saying you are trying to think like Luka? ... is that even possible?

Yes, I think it's very possible. Criminal profilers are trained to do this sort of thing and it works to that point that they scare themselves sometimes with the degree of identification they achieve, in order to solve crimes/understand criminal minds. I'm working logically with everything I know to be true or likely true about him and hoping that the result makes sense, guiding me toward a deeper understanding. Otherwise the very face of the crime is simply horrifying and I will never understand how someone could do something like this. I have this obsession with being able to understand anything and that includes being able to empathize or see into any given person. Maybe it's a little crazy. It doesn't mean I want to be that person or live inside of their head long-term. I just want to have that glimpse. It's sort of like fitting puzzle pieces in and then when I have the entire whole I can breathe more easily. It doesn't help that I've been victimized by creeps so that such exercises give me a feeling of control over what terrifies me--something I lacked at the time and crave now.

I hope Jun Lin's family was there to see how much Canadians care about what happened to their beloved son.

Everything I've seen and heard about this guy since the story broke, gives me the impression that he was a bright, amazing soul. I suspect that jealousy, whether conscious or not, played a role in the murder. My heart goes out to the family. As phony as it might seem while examining a case like this from such a distance and never having met those involved, I do feel for his family.

p.s. Oops. Jun Lin. Sorry about that. I typed his name quickly...

Yes, I think it's very possible. Criminal profilers are trained to do this sort of thing and it works to that point that they scare themselves sometimes with the degree of identification they achieve, in order to solve crimes/understand criminal minds. I'm working logically with everything I know to be true or likely true about him and hoping that the result makes sense, guiding me toward a deeper understanding. Otherwise the very face of the crime is simply horrifying and I will never understand how someone could do something like this. I have this obsession with being able to understand anything and that includes being able to empathize or see into any given person. Maybe it's a little crazy. It doesn't mean I want to be that person or live inside of their head long-term. I just want to have that glimpse. It's sort of like fitting puzzle pieces in and then when I have the entire whole I can breathe more easily. It doesn't help that I've been victimized by creeps so that such exercises give me a feeling of control over what terrifies me--something I lacked at the time and crave now.

I'm truly glad there are people like you here Scientific ... along with all the other posters who are trying to understand how his mind works.

Sometimes I feel badly that I don't get too into trying to understand what makes them tick.

ETA: Although I can't watch some of these things because it is just too painful, for the first time tonite I allowed myself to cry ... for Jun Lin and for his family, knowing they are close to returning home without their son. I know that feeling, and I can only cry for them.

good luck with that ... I wouldn't know where to begin.

However I do not believe it is possible to figure out the Bernardos and Magnottas of this world ... IMO once you catch them, hear what they got to say and then be done with them.

Everything I've seen and heard about this guy since the story broke, gives me the impression that he was a bright, amazing soul. I suspect that jealousy, whether conscious or not, played a role in the murder. My heart goes out to the family. As phony as it might seem while examining a case like this from such a distance and never having met those involved, I do feel for his family.
There is no distance large enough that can come between human beings who feel compassion for one another. History has proven that, thank goodness.

I'm truly glad there are people like you here Scientific ... along with all the other posters who are trying to understand how his mind works.

Sometimes I feel badly that I don't get too into trying to understand what makes them tick.

ETA: Although I can't watch some of these things because it is just too painful, for the first time tonite I allowed myself to cry ... for Jun Lin and for his family, knowing they are close to returning home without their son. I know that feeling, and I can only cry for them.

Yeah, I actually have flashbacks everyday of the images and impressions left from seeing the stills of the video (never watched the video itself) when I did searches, and from knowing other details of the case. It's been hard to sleep. My empathy for Jun Lin is overwhelming. I relate less directly to Luka, having to understand him through other people I've known who seemed similar in some ways--that along with a whole lot of imagination. I feel like both are so woefully lost to us now. Makes me wish we lived in a kinder world all around.

good luck with that ... I wouldn't know where to begin.

However I do not believe it is possible to figure out the Bernardos and Magnottas of this world ... IMO once you catch them, hear what they got to say and then be done with them.

Personally, I instinctively began by relating them to the creepy men I've known. That made it a lot easier. When I was young and naive I was a creep magnet. I'm not saying they were serial killers. But some of them were very disturbed.

Once we catch them they need to remain away from the general public. Agreed wholeheartedly. But right now, when we are trying to understand whether he has murdered before or why he did what he did, this kind of analysis might be useful. And for me it helps me sort out personal turmoil over my own trauma at the hand of creepy people.

How many of you doubt his guilt?

My dealings with Luka over the last 18 months lead me to.....

I believe he is guilty of it all. Kittens x 4 (that we know of) and Jun Lin. There is no Manny.

forgive me if this has been posted already ... an article that mentions a video game about serial killers ... the game came out in 1996 with Christopher Walken playing a person named "Vince Magnotta" ... could this be where LM took Magnotta from when he changed his name?

FWIW ... the article also states ...
Detectives are also investigating the possibility that Magnotta was working with an accomplice.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...years-grew-cannibal-killer.html#ixzz1xpS9ZwEJ

Me either. First I heard that it was becoming the new cool was from Hastings. Hastings, what say you?

I don't know about the new cool, but that's where my dd took herself underground. FB, etc. are the places your parents know about and your tumblr is the place you THINK they have no idea about. Life is hard for the child of a techie :floorlaugh: (not me, btw)

My dealings with Luka over the last 18 months lead me to.....

I believe he is guilty of it all. Kittens x 4 (that we know of) and Jun Lin. There is no Manny.
Baudi, I understand and respect that, during the past few years, your focus has been on finding whoever is responsible for killing kittens, and that you, your organization and its associates have created tens or hundreds of accounts in this endeavour.

But this is now an investigation into the murder of a human being. I ask that you please, if you have not already done so, provide Montreal police with a complete list of every single fake account that you, your organization or your associates have created or are aware of so that they can stop trying to "find a snowflake in a blizzard" (Montreal LE's words).

Baudi, I understand and respect that, during the past few years, your focus has been on finding whoever is responsible for killing cats, and that you, your organization and its associates have creates tens or hundreds of accounts in this endeavour.

Now that this is an investigation into the murder of a human being, I ask that you please, if you have not already done so, provide Montreal police with a complete list of every single fake account that you, your organization or your associates have created or are aware of.

We've been cooperating with them since day 1. They have it all :)

I don't know about the new cool, but that's where my dd took herself underground. FB, etc. are the places your parents know about and your tumblr is the place you THINK they have no idea about. Life is hard for the child of a techie :floorlaugh: (not me, btw)
Thanks for the advice! Wordpress (or a native website) is the way to go for me. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gretyr